Special for Canadians

If I remember correctly, the at par special came out in the summer and you had to have it booked by the end of August, so I guess we'll have to just keep waiting:(

My records from last year show it was released on May 15th (a week after all the other specials were released) for July 1 - October 31 (later extended until the end of November) and had to be booked by June 30th. Maybe they'll release a Canadian Special soon. :)

We booked the Cdn at Par special for Easter 2004 (last month)-I think it had to be booked by the end of Jan/beginning of Feb or something like that. WDW used a .69 exchange-then they billed it to your Canadian Visa in U.S. Dollars-then Visa again bills at the then current exchange in Canadian Dollars (like a double exchange). We won out because our $ was doing even better than the WDW exchange at the time. Great deal-we were able to stay YC concierge and with the exchange differences it saved us a bundle. Then we were given a complimentary room upgrade to a bayview room with a full balcony!
The 7 for 5 is not quite as good but the savings work out to about 30% for the same accomodations we had in April.
I'm hoping that they will come out with a "Cdn" special also for November 2004.

Susan...is that $1300 price tag for Pop Century for all 4 people???

I am assuming this is US funds but that is still very nice price.

Can you give us a breakdown per adult and child...We are just 2 adults and would love to book this next year if it comes up...Please let us know.

I took the following from the Canadian Disneyworld site www.disneyworld.ca

If your travel dates start July 1st - 4th, 2004 please call 407-WDW-STAR & ask for code ZXIM. No group rates or other discounts apply. Proof of Canadian residency required.

Apparently what makes this a Canadian special is that Canadians can book vacations that start July 1st. Non-Canadians can book for vacations starting July 5th. That seems to be the only difference in what they are calling a Canadian special.

Yes, Samantha that is in US funds and it is for 2 adults and 2 children. So, it should be less for 2 adults. It is a nice deal. When we went last September with the Fairytale Package it was great. We had never been to the waterparks or DQ before. We did all three and my DS has those on the top of his "must do" list.

We can only hope that it will be there again next year.

Thanks Susan...That is great. We hope this comes out next year when we go...

:p

Our girls stayed at ASMu over Easter on the Cdn Visa at Par deal:

Our Total cost for 9 nights (10 day UPHP's) including 12% taxes- 2 Adults for ASMu (pref. rm loc) was $1440.00 (apparently this is considered Peak season).

We calculated the regular price to be $2218.72, so we thought this was a great. (U.S. funds)

Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum, I am glad to see a forum for Canadians that are going to Disney too.

We are planning a trip in Late Nov, early Dec! We ordered the Vacation planner, and in it they have info on a Bronze Plan. Similar to the Silver but only has one wish per person per night.

After calling Disney 3 times and now CAA. I found out that this plan is only for Canadians and it can only be booked through a CAA travel agent.
If I understand it the prices are as followes, and if anyone knows anything else about it let me know.

359 USFunds for 3 nights per adult
less for children
30 USFunds per wish per person per night.

let me know what you think.

DDF

Hi DonDuck Fan,

Donald is also my favourite character. Welcome to the Canadian Boards!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We have a lot of fun over here.

Are you only wanting to stay for three nights at Disney???

The package deal that is out right now is a very good package. As you can see above it gives you a lot for your money and the Pop Century is only $1303.30 US for four people.

If you spend the 359 for adults, and I would guess that the child's price would be in the $300 range. For another $400 you get an extra four days of Disney. You don't get the wishes with that price but you can always call and find out how much it is to add the Silver package to your package. This package does give you some extra things as well. If you have the time I would spend the extra money and go for the 7 for 5 deal. You won't regret it.

Personally, we've never added anything to our basic packages because we always eat breakfast in our room and usually only have one meal out a day. We try and have very late breakfast (10:30 or a very early supper 4:30). We then have snacks in between.

Anyone else done the add on??

You'll love it in December! It is gorgeous with all the Christmas decorations. Be sure and do the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and the Candlelight Processional. Both are exceptional.

Happy Planning!!:earsgirl:

Taken from Mousesavers...

The 5 Plus 2 Dream Maker package is available to Canadians at the same prices listed above. This is not an at-par offer. However, Canadians can book this package for vacations starting 7/1/04 instead of 7/5/04.
If you book this package through CAA, there is a "Bronze" version available, which is the same as the Silver add-on, except with only ONE "Magical Wish" per person per night. This version is only available in Canada and only through CAA.

So if you book the 7 plus 2 Dream Maker package you can do a Bronze add on that is only available for Canadians through CAA.
I have never added anything on to the basic package so I don't know if it is worth it but it's nice to see that WDW is trying to cater more to the Canadian market.

I have contacted Dreams Unlimited and was qouted Pop Century from Sept 22 - 29 which apparently is value season for almost $2300.00 for 4 of us, 2 adults and a 11 and 14 year old.

I have CAA are they offering a better price?? What are wishes??? And can I ask 1 more question what is the bronze package???

September may be a different season, which may account for the difference. Also your two children are considered adults for the Ultimate Park Hoppers. I would call Disney directly and give them the Canadian code and see what they come up with. It's worth a shot.

With Dreamsunlimited they are juniors not sure how that price compares with the child or adult prices.

Can anyone tell me what the Canadian Code is???? Thanks

In my Sunday newspaper Sears Travel has a deal the 7 for 5 included is your hotel, ultimate park hopper tickets( include water parks and disney quest), also a car and your airfare. THink it may not be a bad deal. For value resort it is 1059 canadian - all stars,
moderate port orleans for 1269 , and then animal kingdom for 1679.
Think with the bonus of airfare and car it might be a good deal. What does everyone else think??? If you need more information just ask I have the ad hung on my bulletin board.
THe one on the opposite page said to book thru disney for the 7 for 5 and it was 589.00 US. But only included hotel and uphs .
Diane
I am not going till April next year so hoping for an at par deal or the 7 for 5 again.
Sears looks like a good place to book for disney from what I have heard.

I usually book through CAA. I've used the gold plan twice (expensive but worth it for us as we do all the watersports and golf, eat at all the sit down restaurants). The silver plan gives you two wishes per person per night (they work out to about $34 each) so if the bronze gives you one wish per person per night at $30 it is giving you a bit of a deal.

Okay, Now I need help!

Just called my CAA TA and they are not aware of a
Cdn Bronze pkg offer-she even called AAA Disney
directly while I waited on the line-Does anyone have
a code for this? ZXIM is for Cdn but you can only
add silver, gold, prince/princess to it.

Hi again

If I understand it right, the Bronze package can only be booked with a dream maker package, similar to the one that was out for the summer,
the one for 3 nights for 359, I am sure you can book longer.

When we talked to a caa travel agent, she did not know much about it either. but did find out that they do offer CAA members a bronze package.

As well as looking at all the info that came with the vacation planner, it states dates that are only for the value seasons.

Hope that helps.
DDf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter