Southwest???

Able to book both non stop from Manchester, NH to MCO. $133 each way...not too bad. Direct flights have gone from 5-6 per day to 1 or 2..not happy with that but they had the times I wanted. Very early down and last late direct coming back. Had an issue with Southwest gift cards so I have to call them later to see if I can apply the card and get a refund on the credit card. Only one of the $50 didn't work so not a huge deal as I can use next time.

So annoyed. I got the 132 flight then by the checkout it went up to 157. We have to call Disney and move our dates. At least we got 132 out and 157 back

Able to book both non stop from Manchester, NH to MCO. $133 each way...not too bad. Direct flights have gone from 5-6 per day to 1 or 2..not happy with that but they had the times I wanted. Very early down and last late direct coming back. Had an issue with Southwest gift cards so I have to call them later to see if I can apply the card and get a refund on the credit card. Only one of the $50 didn't work so not a huge deal as I can use next time.
Noticed the same thing... much less nonstop flights this time around from Philly. But we got the times we wanted for $134 each way. We like taking the first flight out when we go, so I was happy we got a 6:05am. And the earliest to come home was 2pm on a nonstop, and that was what we hoped for.

So annoyed. I got the 132 flight then by the checkout it went up to 157. We have to call Disney and move our dates. At least we got 132 out and 157 back
We got lucky. I was able to get the $134 each way and after I purchased, I looked again and our flight coming home went up to $154. Thought that was crazy. At least keep them the same for a day!

I was able to book Baltimore to Orlando for $72 down and $85 back last week o August. 4 people $470 TOTAL. Including the 2 tickets paid for with points. Nonstop Flights

I was able to book Baltimore to Orlando for $72 down and $85 back last week o August. 4 people $470 TOTAL. Including the 2 tickets paid for with points. Nonstop Flights

We did DCA instead of BWI. DCA had been about $18 less than BWI, but now they are about the same. Schedule also changed to DCA. Did the schedule to BWI change?

I wonder if all the flight schedule changes we are seeing is the reason for the delay this morning.

We got lucky. I was able to get the $134 each way and after I purchased, I looked again and our flight coming home went up to $154. Thought that was crazy. At least keep them the same for a day!
My flight went up when I was checking out too right at 8:05am. I booked on points and was lucky I had enough points to cover the difference.

My flight went up when I was checking out too right at 8:05am. I booked on points and was lucky I had enough points to cover the difference.
I can't believe it - the flights I bought this morning for 6500 points are already up to 10,700 points now

So jealous of all your 130-150 fares! I'm looking for out of phx and the cheapest was 277 one way!!!!

Super excited! $72 pp each way. Have to drive to BWI though.....PHL was almost two times as much for the same dates and times!

Super excited! $72 pp each way. Have to drive to BWI though.....PHL was almost two times as much for the same dates and times!

That's great. The nice thing is you can keep an eye on the PHL fares as time goes on to see if it makes it not worth the cost/time to drive to BWI. My main problem is I was hoping for a weekday evening from PHL to MCO in late September, but it isn't on the schedule anymore. Driving to BWI wouldn't really work for me timewise although the fare was good, and Sunday night back into BWI was a lot more than PHL for some reason.

That's great. The nice thing is you can keep an eye on the PHL fares as time goes on to see if it makes it not worth the cost/time to drive to BWI. My main problem is I was hoping for a weekday evening from PHL to MCO in late September, but it isn't on the schedule anymore. Driving to BWI wouldn't really work for me timewise although the fare was good, and Sunday night back into BWI was a lot more than PHL for some reason.

I was really surprised to see a lot fewer non stops between Philly and MCO too. I'm going to keep my eye out since southwest makes it so nice to make changes. Right now we are saving $743 for our family to drive the extra time to BWI.

I booked around 7:30am Central time for our September 8th-17th dates.

Pretty much exactly as I had anticipated. I believe that MCI to MCO doesn't seem to get all that low price wise. I made a budget WAYYYY back in August 2015 and proposed $400 RT per person basing off of current pricing at that time and knowing our market...the total was $371.90 RT per person or $186.00 per way per person.

Non-stop only had 2 options going there and was the cheapest too and 3 options going back where 2 of the 3 non-stop options were the cheapest. We really didn't want stops. Non-stop was 2hr 45 mins each way.

Flight there leaves 7:10am gets into Orlando at 10:55am (that's arriving on Friday). If we arrived on Saturday the price is the exact same as Friday but the difference is you get in 30mins earlier. We decided to not fly on Saturday and instead to fly Friday so we could be a bit more relaxed the first day there instead of heading to MK like we did in Sep 2011 when we arrived on a Saturday.

I had wanted to do the later non-stop flight home (which left MCO at 4:35pm) but it was $41 more expensive and my husband vetoed it...so now we won't have any time to do anything on departure day given that our flight leaves MCO at 12:05pm..basically a quick breakfast but not so much spending time at Disney Springs which is what I had wanted to do.

Good news is we booked using 23,006 pts for my husband and had a companion pass for me so the grand total for us dollar-wise was $22.40 (9/11 fees).

Just purchased our SWA flights for late August/early September. We fly out of BWI on 8/30 and return on 9/6, and apparently Wednesday's are awesome flying days because each way was $72. So for three of us our flights were under $450! I'm super happy!

(just from looking in this thread there are a lot of us flying from BWI! We live almost 3 hours away up near Penn State but it's the closest airport that has direct flights and with a 2yo I'm not dealing with connecting flights.)

Booked as soon as I could get the site to load which was around 8 am. Portland, ME to Orlando was $153 (or 8717 points) and flight back for $171 (or 9922 points). Had to do everything separately as we were booking with points....by the time we did the 2nd ticket our return trip jumped to $207 (or 12676 points). Will have to keep an eye on it to see if it comes back down so we can get a refund on points for that flight. Considering Jetblue, Delta etc. had our return date on average at $360 we were not surprised that it went very quickly!

So I found out today that you can't use SW gift cards on early bird check in. So is anyone interested in $62.20 at Southwest for $59 (I got it at at 5% discount) let me know. I know it's not a big discount but it's something.

Just looked at the flights I booked this morning and they have gone up by over $100 round trip! It pays to either book first thing in the morning on release day or to wait it out.

Just looked at the flights I booked this morning and they have gone up by over $100 round trip! It pays to either book first thing in the morning on release day or to wait it out.
And see for me none of the non-stop..didn't pay close enough attention this morning to ones that weren't non-stop...have changed price (they are the same price as they were at 7:30am). All depends on the airport/market (.i.e # of passengers booking that flight at that moment, etc).

ETA: We'll see if there's a sale later on for us but I am not counting on it being as low as other people are getting on this thread.

Thanks for this thread!! After waiting for months for Feb 23, I totally forgot to book my flights this morning. About 1pm, this thread caught my eye and I jumped right on to book. Thankfully the flights I wanted were still cheap - $129 from MCO back home and I snagged the last flight out so we don't board until 7:45pm.

I was really surprised to see a lot fewer non stops between Philly and MCO too. I'm going to keep my eye out since southwest makes it so nice to make changes. Right now we are saving $743 for our family to drive the extra time to BWI.
I was surprised at that as well and we fly out of PHL. Luckily the times we hoped for, were available for nonstop so I jumped on them. We go 9/2 and come home 9/10, so we got the 6:05am going and 2pm going home.

Now when I check those same flights we got are increased by $20 each way. SW wasted no time to increase lol. this is what makes being on right when they release, worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter