Southwest is giving 50,000 points again

Anyone know why my RR points I earned for the offer would be showing up in my credit card account online, but not on my RR account on the SW website? I hope to book tomorrow, so does it just take a bit for them to show up?

Anyone know why my RR points I earned for the offer would be showing up in my credit card account online, but not on my RR account on the SW website? I hope to book tomorrow, so does it just take a bit for them to show up?

They don't show up until the billing cycle in which you spent the required amount ends. So if you got the card, spent $2000 in April, when your April billing cycle ends is when the points will show up in your account. If it's past that, I would call them. Mine showed up the day after my billing cycle ended.

They don't show up until the billing cycle in which you spent the required amount ends. So if you got the card, spent $2000 in April, when your April billing cycle ends is when the points will show up in your account. If it's past that, I would call them. Mine showed up the day after my billing cycle ended.

Billing cycle ended yesterday and when I got to my chase account online, they are credited. They just aren't in my RR account on the SW website. I'm going to check again this afternoon and call if they aren't there.

Billing cycle ended yesterday and when I got to my chase account online, they are credited. They just aren't in my RR account on the SW website. I'm going to check again this afternoon and call if they aren't there.

I had this problem. I checked daily for a week. Chase reported that they credited them to SW. Southwest did not have them. Come to find out- chase had created a new rapids rewards account for me. It was a pain, but SW merged the accounts. I was worried because we had gotten 2 cards for 100000 points plus we spent enough to bring us to the 110000 needed for companion pass. It all worked out in the end! Now my hubby flies free with me through the end of 2014! We will be buying annual passes to disney now!

I had this problem. I checked daily for a week. Chase reported that they credited them to SW. Southwest did not have them. Come to find out- chase had created a new rapids rewards account for me. It was a pain, but SW merged the accounts. I was worried because we had gotten 2 cards for 100000 points plus we spent enough to bring us to the 110000 needed for companion pass. It all worked out in the end! Now my hubby flies free with me through the end of 2014! We will be buying annual passes to disney now!

They are showing up now ;-)

Does anyone know how I can get the 50,000 pts offer? I don't want to open a card until I can get that offer... Help, please!

Looks like they are only offering the 25k card. I am waiting for the 50k card to be offered again so I check this thread from time to time.

I got a 50,000 point offer the other day, but you have to make something like 2,000 in purchases in 3 months to get the points. When I opened mine a year ago, all I had to do was make 1 purchase of anything. It could be gum even.

I got a 50,000 point offer the other day, but you have to make something like 2,000 in purchases in 3 months to get the points. When I opened mine a year ago, all I had to do was make 1 purchase of anything. It could be gum even.

Did you get the offer in the mail? via email?

Can someone tell me how I would rebook using a DING fare that is cheaper than what I have currently? I just missed out on one because I couldn't figure it out. The hold time was 14-22 minutes online and there was less time left in the DING than that when I got on my computer :-( I used points(of course) I'm hoping there will be another one before July. Is calling the only way?

Can someone tell me how I would rebook using a DING fare that is cheaper than what I have currently? I just missed out on one because I couldn't figure it out. The hold time was 14-22 minutes online and there was less time left in the DING than that when I got on my computer :-( I used points(of course) I'm hoping there will be another one before July. Is calling the only way?

I believe you have to cancel your current reservation and then re-book in order to use a DING fare. I don't think you can change an existing reservation to a DING.

I believe you have to cancel your current reservation and then re-book in order to use a DING fare. I don't think you can change an existing reservation to a DING.

If you cancel a reservation you made using points, do you get the points back in your account immediately?

Marsha

Yes, this is true. You can't simply change to a Ding fare.

If you cancel a reservation you made using points, do you get the points back in your account immediately?

Marsha

I'm guessing you do but I've never tested the theory as there are never any DINGS for me!

Yes, immediately. Whether you cancel to book a Ding fare or just cancel period, your points are immediately returned to your acct & email sent to state activity on your acct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter