Southwest is giving 50,000 points again

I had the card with the $69 annual fee over a year ago. I got the rapid rewards points and closed the card. Just recently, I applied and was approved for the card with the $99 annual fee (different level of card than before). My card and paperwork arrived from Chase today but there is no mention of the 50000 bonus points or how to get them AT ALL. Will the info on the 50000 points come from Southwest, or did I not get the bonus? I won't activate the card if there are no bonus points available!

I just received my card as well and applied to get the points for flights. Don't you have to spend the $2,000 first to get the points? I didn't receive anything in my card paperwork describing it.

would love the 50,000 offer to come around again. need 54,000 to get Southwest Companion Pass ticket for 2013-2014. pixiedust:

would love the 50,000 offer to come around again. need 54,000 to get Southwest Companion Pass ticket for 2013-2014. pixiedust:

That happened to me last time, but it didn't take too long for the promo to come back. Hopefully that will be true for you as well! When I saw it had come back, I jumped on it and now have over 60,000 points (I already had 8,000) in less than 2 months. It means free flights to Disneyland at Christmas time for my family of 5 :goodvibes

How long after you spend the $2,000 does it take for the 50,000 points to appear in your account? I used the new card to buy my Universal tickets so I was able to hit $2,000 in the first month, but I don't see any points in my account except for the regular ones I would earn for having charged something. The bonus 50,000 are missing. Do I just need to be more patient???

How long after you spend the $2,000 does it take for the 50,000 points to appear in your account? I used the new card to buy my Universal tickets so I was able to hit $2,000 in the first month, but I don't see any points in my account except for the regular ones I would earn for having charged something. The bonus 50,000 are missing. Do I just need to be more patient???

I think they should show up at the end of the billing cycle in which you hit the $2,000 mark.

I think they should show up at the end of the billing cycle in which you hit the $2,000 mark.

Where do they show up? In your Southwest account? That's where I've been watching for mine. I've only gotten one Chase statement so far but another one should be along soon.

Where do they show up? In your Southwest account? That's where I've been watching for mine. I've only gotten one Chase statement so far but another one should be along soon.

They should be in your Southwest account.

When did you hit the $2000 spending mark? Before the first statement's billing cycle ended? Or after? If it was after, then you'll see the points when it cycles again.

I have an interesting (somewhat complicated) story to share with you all. My DH hit the $2,000 spending mark the day before his 2nd billing cycle closed. We're talking POSTED charges, nothing pending. That was $2,000 AFTER the $69 fee.

No bonus points showed up. :confused3 DH called Chase and...... long story (and it was a ridiculously long phone conversation! :laughing:) short: He hit the $2,000 of qualified spending the day before the cycle -- SO, even though the charge was ON his bill, that delayed his 50,000 points until the NEXT billing cycle!!

No matter how much he argued that over $2,000 of qualified spending had actually posted AND been billed, they wouldn't budge!!

Moral is: the billing cycle you plan to go over your $2,000 -- make sure you do it AT LEAST 3 or 4 days before the cycle ends!! :rotfl2:

(We still don't understand what that was all about, but sure enough - his 50,000 pts just showed up, a month later than expected! :scratchin)

If you view your bill online when it closes, you will be able to see the 50,000 points listed as "earned" - they get transferred over to your RR account almost immediately. :thumbsup2

They should be in your Southwest account.

When did you hit the $2000 spending mark? Before the first statement's billing cycle ended? Or after? If it was after, then you'll see the points when it cycles again.

It was after. I'm not really in a rush since I don't plan to use them until December, but it's still nice to see them in the account!

I have an interesting (somewhat complicated) story to share with you all. My DH hit the $2,000 spending mark the day before his 2nd billing cycle closed. We're talking POSTED charges, nothing pending. That was $2,000 AFTER the $69 fee.

No bonus points showed up. :confused3 DH called Chase and...... long story (and it was a ridiculously long phone conversation! :laughing:) short: He hit the $2,000 of qualified spending the day before the cycle -- SO, even though the charge was ON his bill, that delayed his 50,000 points until the NEXT billing cycle!!

No matter how much he argued that over $2,000 of qualified spending had actually posted AND been billed, they wouldn't budge!!

Moral is: the billing cycle you plan to go over your $2,000 -- make sure you do it AT LEAST 3 or 4 days before the cycle ends!! :rotfl2:

(We still don't understand what that was all about, but sure enough - his 50,000 pts just showed up, a month later than expected! :scratchin)

If you view your bill online when it closes, you will be able to see the 50,000 points listed as "earned" - they get transferred over to your RR account almost immediately. :thumbsup2

Oh, that would be annoying!! Glad you finally got them, but that's just the kind of thing that would happen to me. Thanks for the info.

Oh, that would be annoying!! Glad you finally got them, but that's just the kind of thing that would happen to me. Thanks for the info.

Yep, just my DH's luck! :laughing:

The day after the 50,000 points showed up in his RR account, he made use of some of them - booked his flight to NYC for our October cruise! :thumbsup2

Is anyone seeing the 50k point promo? I only see the 25k promo on the Chase website. Thinking of getting a second SW card. Either a different personal one or thru a business.

I just got an offer for 50k pts in snail mail. Unfortunately, I already have the card. Hoping they send DH the same offer.

Got the 50k offer through an invitation code by e-mail.

I signed up for Rapid Rewards last month to have it ready by the time the 50k offer started up again, and it worked out for me :cool1:

Is anyone seeing the 50k point promo? I only see the 25k promo on the Chase website. Thinking of getting a second SW card. Either a different personal one or thru a business.

They just sent DH an offer with 50,000 miles but it came through the mail. You have to spend $2000 in 3 months. The website doesn't have the 50,000 offer that I can tell, so it must be through offer only right now?

I get the 50,000 offer in the mail just about once a month. Finally just took the plunged and signed up for it. I hate having an annual fee but for 50,000 points its kind of a no brainer. We book on SW all the time.

They just sent DH an offer with 50,000 miles but it came through the mail. You have to spend $2000 in 3 months. The website doesn't have the 50,000 offer that I can tell, so it must be through offer only right now?

We did this same offer that we got in the mail. We bought 4 one-way tickets to Orlando & still have 23,000 points leftover to help with the return flights.

We did this same offer that we got in the mail. We bought 4 one-way tickets to Orlando & still have 23,000 points leftover to help with the return flights.

This is the first time we have done the promo offer for 50,000 points although I do have a SW card that I got years ago and love. So with DH now having the 50,000 points in his rapid rewards account I am guessing the system will let you book tickets for other people (not just DH) with those points. We will not be using them until either June or December or 2014 haven't decided yet.

Thanks.

This is the first time we have done the promo offer for 50,000 points although I do have a SW card that I got years ago and love. So with DH now having the 50,000 points in his rapid rewards account I am guessing the system will let you book tickets for other people (not just DH) with those points. We will not be using them until either June or December or 2014 haven't decided yet.

Thanks.

Yes, you can use those points for others.. I booked 5 us us for 90,000 points. Each person ended up with own confrimation number even though all my points (I did teh 50K deal last time plus points from car rentals and CC charging).

Yes, you can use those points for others.. I booked 5 us us for 90,000 points. Each person ended up with own confrimation number even though all my points (I did teh 50K deal last time plus points from car rentals and CC charging).

Thanks. I figured there would be a way to do it. I know I previously had points of some kind that I could use for others not just myself and was allowed to book the flights. I thought this would be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter