Southwest is giving 50,000 points again

When u get to 110,000 points you get a companion pass Im understanding. Can you use points to purchase your flight and then the companion flies free, or do you have to pay for the first ticket for the companion to be able to come?
Does the companion have to be the same person each flight or can you bring different companions?
Thanks!

When u get to 110,000 points you get a companion pass Im understanding. Can you use points to purchase your flight and then the companion flies free, or do you have to pay for the first ticket for the companion to be able to come? Does the companion have to be the same person each flight or can you bring different companions? Thanks!

You have to earn the 110,000 points in one calendar year. Yes, you can use points for yourself along with the companion pass for your travel partner. You can change travel companions three times within a calendar year. However, if you book travel with a companion and have not taken the flight yet, but then change to a different companion, your first companion's ticket will be canceled. With the start-up 50,000 points you would need to spend another $10,000 or fly approx 55 flights in a calendar year to get to the 110,000 required points.

Once you reach 110,000 points, your companion pass is good until December 31 of the following year. So you could potentially get 24 months use out of the companion pass if you earned all 110,000 points in January. If it was January of 2015, the companion pass would be good until December of 2016. Having the 50,000 points to start is a big help, but who knows if the points offer will be happening in January. It's doubtful. Either way, the earlier in the year you meet the required points, the longer you get to use the companion pass.

I'm only seeing 25,000. Does anyone know of a link to get the 50,000?

I have the Southwest Visa. They sent me a "friends and family" offer that I can share with 6 people. Basically, you get the 50,000 bonus sign on points after spending $2000 in the first 3 months. You provide them with my name as a referral and I get 3000 pts added into my rapid rewards account. So perhaps a friend might have received the same offer. It came in the mail and I have cards with the information that SW provided that I can give out to friends to get the 50,000.

Yes I received the same offer with 6 cards to give out for the 50k points.

I got this offer too, but I can make as many referrals as I want -- I just have to refer by the end of Aug.

And to reiterate, you have to spend $2000 in the first 3 months to get the 50,000 mile bonus. When I signed up I hit that number easily by using it for all of our gas, utilities, etc. I now have all of our recurring payments going through the card and I pay it off throughout the month.

I get those referral offers all the time, too. I just looked at the last one I received a week ago and it is only for 30,000 points. The offer before that which recently expired was for 50,000 points. So, the 50,000 offer may be expired. It comes and goes.

BTW, I believe it is against the rules here on Disboards to solicit others for referrals to get bonus point or other compensation.

But I would think it would be ok to state that Southwest has this offer currently out there so people can check with their personal friends. I wouldn't want to give out my name, rapid rewards number to complete strangers on the Dis- just wanted people to be aware it exists.

But I would think it would be ok to state that Southwest has this offer currently out there so people can check with their personal friends. I wouldn't want to give out my name, rapid rewards number to complete strangers on the Dis- just wanted people to be aware it exists.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't referring to you specifically, so I apologize if you thought that. It was a general comment in reference to referrals since the issue was being discussed.

I get those offers to refer friends and family for 50K all of the time, too. I think I have some that expire 7/31.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter