Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

For those who have done this tour, did you get to see Fantasmic?

I'm trying to plan whether to stay an extra night or two. We are going the week of Labor Day in September. But does DL run Fantasmic on week days? Definitely want to see Fantasmic and will stay longer/start earlier for it if it's only shown on weekends! Plus, then we could get fireworks with the castle show.

Last edited:
For those who have dinner this tour, did you get to see Fantasmic?

I'm trying to plan whether to stay an extra night or two. We are going the week of Labor Day in September. But does DL run Fantasmic on week days? Definitely want to see Fantasmic and will stay longer/start earlier for it if it's only shown on weekends! Plus, then we could get fireworks with the castle show.
I watched it on my own one of our Disneyland park days, but it was not a scheduled activity.

I watched it on my own one of our Disneyland park days, but it was not a scheduled activity.
That's ok, I don't mind seeing it on my own. I just want to know if it's shown during the DL time of the tour. Sounds like yes? Or does it depend on the week?

DL confuses me a bit because I'm used to WDW where they do all the nighttime shows nightly

That's ok, I don't mind seeing it on my own. I just want to know if it's shown during the DL time of the tour. Sounds like yes? Or does it depend on the week?

DL confuses me a bit because I'm used to WDW where they do all the nighttime shows nightly
My trip was in the summer so they showed it almost every night. It looks like if you have an off-season trip it might only be running on weekends.

World of Color -- when working, it generally operates at least once a night, during certain premium times, it can run twice.

Disneyland Fireworks -- Operates on the weekends during slower times (the show may run nightly but with just projections no fireworks during the weeknights), and can run daily during premium times.

Fantasmic -- operates on the weekends during slower times with nothing running in it's place during the week, or daily during premium times.

I would assume there are two possible reasons for this:
Both Fantasmic and the fireworks have fireworks, and Anaheim is not allowing them to do so (no idea if this is really the case)
Budgetary reasons

Weekends tend to be Friday, Saturday and sunday.

Note that the above is typical schedules, however, there are always adjustments, so it's best to check the schedule once you get around a month in advance.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/#/disneyland/ is a good place to check it out

At the end of the trip, what time is breakfast typically? Trying to see what time to book departure flights

At the end of the trip, what time is breakfast typically? Trying to see what time to book departure flights
We got to the buffet at 8:30 and people left when they wanted. I recommend at least doing it as late as possible that day since your trip includes a park ticket. I think more than half of the people who go book at least 1 extra night to have the full day in the park.

We got to the buffet at 8:30 and people left when they wanted. I recommend at least doing it as late as possible that day since your trip includes a park ticket. I think more than half of the people who go book at least 1 extra night to have the full day in the park.
Ok, so it's at Storyteller Cafe it sounds like? If one can get there whenever, that's good to know

We just got back from this trip yesterday. First off, it was FANTASTIC. We had our last breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. We met at 7:15 and walked over to DLH. I would say we were out of the restaurant by 9:00. Maybe 9:30? Probably 2/3 of the group stayed an extra day to use the park hopper. We needed to get home and our flight was at 2:45 so we had more than enough time to pack up before we left. There were people who had to leave as early as 8:30 but they still had time for breakfast since it was a buffet.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

We just got back from this trip yesterday. First off, it was FANTASTIC. We had our last breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. We met at 7:15 and walked over to DLH. I would say we were out of the restaurant by 9:00. Maybe 9:30? Probably 2/3 of the group stayed an extra day to use the park hopper. We needed to get home and our flight was at 2:45 so we had more than enough time to pack up before we left. There were people who had to leave as early as 8:30 but they still had time for breakfast since it was a buffet.

I have one question, did you get any light lane passes for that day?
If we are going to enter as late as 9:30, maybe Genie + is a good option...?

What did you enjoy the most? :)

I have one question, did you get any light lane passes for that day?
If we are going to enter as late as 9:30, maybe Genie + is a good option...?
We had one LL pass on Friday. We asked them to switch our park entry to DCA so we could do Soarin since it was right by the hotel entrance but we were pretty spent so we just took our time packing instead. The park was noticeably more crowded so if I were staying in the parks, I would have bought the Genie+ just to be able to do what I want without having to stand in line and keep a more leisurely pace. Really depends on what you want to do.

As far as other LL passes go...

They gave us 1 LL pass for Tuesday night. We toured Walt's Apartment that night and the park closed early. We were able to use it for Space Mountain before we left. We went across to DCA but so did everyone else so we did standby for one ride and called it a night. That was a REALLY long day.

We had 5 LL passes for Wednesday. We struggled to use them because the park was not very crowded. We didn't wait more than 30 minutes for anything but we did use them at the end of the day on some rides we didn't feel like waiting for. I think we did 16 rides that day. We did a group ride on Webslingers and Luigis. They also gave us LL passes for Radiator Racers and Haunted Mansion. So 7 passes plus 2 group rides total for the day.

On Thursday, it started to get busier. We did a few rides at DL on standby and then used the 5 LL passes as DCA. We were able to do 6 rides in 2 hours and had a more leisurely day. We were also able to take a break since we knew it would be a late night with WOC and dinner. We also did a group ride on Peter Pan and Snow White.

They gave us 2 premium LL passes for Mickey & Minnie and Rise of the Resistance but I think that's because Radiator Racers was down so we couldn't do the behind the scenes tour. Not sure that's why but it felt like More than fair trade off for us! We also did Mickey & Minnie virtual queue for a bonus ride.

What did you enjoy the most? :)
That's a hard one because it was all so good. The obvious answer is being the only people in the park before it opened. Being able to take a photo in front of the castle without anyone in the way was amazing. And just walking down Main Street without bumping into people. We really felt like VIP's and I know a lot of people who were rope dropping were trying to figure out who we were as they watched us take our castle pictures and beat them to the front of the Peter Pan line.

The less obvious answer would probably be Imagineering. Jim Henson & Walt Disney Studios were great because they are place you normally can't go and it was neat to see them. But Imagineering actually had Imagineers give us a tour of the facility and we got to see a lot more than we expected. I don't want to give it away but I can tell you we loved it. Our guide said it was nice to see people back in the building again now that they are no longer working remotely full time. That's probably why they have finally added it back to the tour.

Also, the adventure guides are amazing. They really got to know everyone and they take so many photos. We just got ours back and there are 912! So a lot to look through. There is nothing I didn't enjoy (other than the very early mornings.... but they were worth it.)

Attachments

• Castle.jpg
    Castle.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 9

Did the guides take you to watch Wondrous Journeys during one of the nights in front of the castle?

Did the guides take you to watch Wondrous Journeys during one of the nights in front of the castle?
Yes. The first night was Walt's Apartment. Second night was Wondrous Journeys. Third night was WOC. It was really nice to only have to show up 15-30 minutes before the show. Wondrous Journeys viewing was good. It was between Tomorrowland and Plaza Inn. The WOC viewing was REALLY good. Just behind the splash area right fairly close to the dessert party group. Both shows were great.

I have just received my digital handbook and gifts (the backpack and water bottle etc) do I have to put my name on the lanyard it says to bring along with you?

I have just received my digital handbook and gifts (the backpack and water bottle etc) do I have to put my name on the lanyard it says to bring along with you?
Just bring the lanyard, you fill out a card there. Tip: Consider just your first name and making it large enough for people to read it. The lanyard it what says you are on the group, the ID inside is for others to learn your name. Unless, of course, you prefer to be more anonymous, that is fine, too!

Just realised I do not know what time my transfer from Disney - airport booked through adventures by Disney is at the end of the trip and nothing g on my digital handbook. Will adventures by Disney let me know before my trip in 2 weeks or while I’m on the trip will I need to speak to one of the adventures guides?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter