Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Just realised I do not know what time my transfer from Disney - airport booked through adventures by Disney is at the end of the trip and nothing g on my digital handbook. Will adventures by Disney let me know before my trip in 2 weeks or while I’m on the trip will I need to speak to one of the adventures guides?
They should know your post-trip plans/flight times, and towards the end of the trip, your Adventure Guides will let you know the time for your transfer. Generally, they try to get you to the airport at LEAST 2 hours before your flight, sometimes 3 hours, just depends on the airport/circumstances/if more than one family is going around the same time, etc. If you have a special request (ie, you want to leave earlier or something), I'd let ABD know ahead of time, so they can see if it's possible to honor that. It may not be, but it never hurts to ask.

Sayhello

Just realised I do not know what time my transfer from Disney - airport booked through adventures by Disney is at the end of the trip and nothing g on my digital handbook. Will adventures by Disney let me know before my trip in 2 weeks or while I’m on the trip will I need to speak to one of the adventures guides?
ABD sent us a form to submit our arrival and departure flights and times. On arrival, they met us outside the terminal (you will get instructions) and the service they used for us sent us text messages with name of driver, their status picking us up, etc. The day before the trip ended the guides texted us the pickup time for our departure. We requested it to be 30 minutes early and they accommodated our request.

ABD sent us a form to submit our arrival and departure flights and times. On arrival, they met us outside the terminal (you will get instructions) and the service they used for us sent us text messages with name of driver, their status picking us up, etc. The day before the trip ended the guides texted us the pickup time for our departure. We requested it to be 30 minutes early and they accommodated our request.
Ok great thanks

They should know your post-trip plans/flight times, and towards the end of the trip, your Adventure Guides will let you know the time for your transfer. Generally, they try to get you to the airport at LEAST 2 hours before your flight, sometimes 3 hours, just depends on the airport/circumstances/if more than one family is going around the same time, etc. If you have a special request (ie, you want to leave earlier or something), I'd let ABD know ahead of time, so they can see if it's possible to honor that. It may not be, but it never hurts to ask.

Sayhello
Ok great thanks

Does anyone know if there’s only one gift collection given per party? I’m going on the escape with a friend who lives in a different state and she just received her box of goodies but I haven’t yet. Just wondering if this is typically a “one box per household” thing and if I’ll need to coordinate with my friend once we meet up in LA. 🤔

Does anyone know if there’s only one gift collection given per party? I’m going on the escape with a friend who lives in a different state and she just received her box of goodies but I haven’t yet. Just wondering if this is typically a “one box per household” thing and if I’ll need to coordinate with my friend once we meet up in LA. 🤔
You will at least get your own lanyards and pin sets. I'm not sure about the bags or other goodies.

My trip falls during what's likely to be the first week of Oogie Boogie Bash. I think they'll give us tickets as others have mentioned. But if it's on Thursday night, isn't that when we're supposed to see World of Color? I think it's not shown on party nights (at least it hasn't been the last two years). And if so, would they take us to see it on a different night?

Pre-Covid, my son & I each got the full pre-trip goodie box before the Japan trip as we are at separate addresses.

This will be our first ABD. Do people generally bring the pins and water bottles to the adventure? I don't want to lose the pins, but also don't want my kids to be sad if there is a reason to have them. Do we need the water bottles on the adventure? I read that the guides bring water, so just checking to see if packing/carrying them is still a good idea. Thanks for any input - just trying to pack thoughtfully for the flight.

This will be our first ABD. Do people generally bring the pins and water bottles to the adventure? I don't want to lose the pins, but also don't want my kids to be sad if there is a reason to have them. Do we need the water bottles on the adventure? I read that the guides bring water, so just checking to see if packing/carrying them is still a good idea. Thanks for any input - just trying to pack thoughtfully for the flight.
It's a split. The only things you really need are the luggage tags and lanyards. The tags get your luggage from hotel to hotel and the lanyards are your backstage passes during the trip.

It's a split. The only things you really need are the luggage tags and lanyards. The tags get your luggage from hotel to hotel and the lanyards are your backstage passes during the trip.
Plus, if you write your names on the lanyards, it helps people learn your names!

Sayhello

I just received an email that my Sep 3 departure was cancelled! Very sad. I called and asked them why, they couldn't say but I did found out there were only 7 of us on that trip. So maybe that's it.

We got a very good rate through a combination of early booking discount and our TA's discount and want to protect that price. We're thinking of going in the second week of December now, instead, but is December very crowded? One plus would be that we've never seen the holiday decor at Disneyland in December

I just received an email that my Sep 3 departure was cancelled! Very sad. I called and asked them why, they couldn't say but I did found out there were only 7 of us on that trip. So maybe that's it.

We got a very good rate through a combination of early booking discount and our TA's discount and want to protect that price. We're thinking of going in the second week of December now, instead, but is December very crowded? One plus would be that we've never seen the holiday decor at Disneyland in December
I am *so* sorry to hear about this! I haven't been in December in a long time, but it *is* likely it will be busy. But if I remember correctly, it's still busy the first week of September, also, so I'm not sure how much worse early December will be. But seeing the holiday decor will be very nice!

Sayhello

It will be more crowded, but IMO it is worth it to see the Christmas decorations! You get so much ride access that it won't really be an issue. And 7 people at this point is definitely too low for the trip to go.

It will be more crowded, but IMO it is worth it to see the Christmas decorations! You get so much ride access that it won't really be an issue. And 7 people at this point is definitely too low for the trip to go.
Now we'll just need to see if DH can swing it with work/PTO, but it sounds like this might work!

I wonder if they'll mix the holiday decor with the Disney100 decorations, we wanted to see both. But no big deal. Do they do Xmas fireworks?

Now we'll just need to see if DH can swing it with work/PTO, but it sounds like this might work!

I wonder if they'll mix the holiday decor with the Disney100 decorations, we wanted to see both. But no big deal. Do they do Xmas fireworks?
My guess is they will mix both of the decorations, and yes they are doing Xmas fireworks this year.

I arrive on Saturday the day before the trip officially begins and the digital handbook doesn’t say what time to meet for the welcome meal on Sunday do I have to go and meet up/check in with the adventure guides at some point in the daytime on the Sunday?

I arrive on Saturday the day before the trip officially begins and the digital handbook doesn’t say what time to meet for the welcome meal on Sunday do I have to go and meet up/check in with the adventure guides at some point in the daytime on the Sunday?
There might be a guide already at the hotel to meet you on Saturday. If not, they have a table set up in the hotel from morning until 3 pm where you can check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter