Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

That's the ABD that included members of the DIS Unplugged podcast. Typically they add special touches that those on the regular tour don't get. They may also alter the schedule to add time to some spots.
Oh excellent sounds cool.

Anyone know if take the trip over Christmas period is anything different?

As I arrive a day early can I still get breakfast at grand Californian hotel and pay for at hotel or can I only get breakfast at parks and downtown Disney?

there are a couple restaurants at the hotel. Please note that the hotel is in the middle of downtown disney, so it is really easy to eat there too.

For breakfast, I assume that Craftsman Grill would be the choice. There is storyteller's as well, which is a character breakfast, but there is a good chance that you would go there as well during the ABD.

Last edited:

Is your pre-day booked through ABD or on your own? If it's through ABD, breakfast on your pre-day is included.

Sayhello
Really? We didn't know that. We paid for a pre-day through ABD and weren't told anything about breakfast. We didn't see the guides until later that afternoon, anyway. We also had a post day and they didn't say anything about breakfast for that either.

Yea pre day booked through ABD
Just ask when you check in where the breakfast is for the next morning. They should know you're with ABD, but mention it to be sure.
Really? We didn't know that. We paid for a pre-day through ABD and weren't told anything about breakfast. We didn't see the guides until later that afternoon, anyway. We also had a post day and they didn't say anything about breakfast for that either.
Every ABD I have done where I booked the pre-days or post-days through ABD, breakfast was included. I had an argument about it with the hotel in Alaska, but ABD confirmed later that it was, indeed, covered.

I haven't done the Southern CA/Disneyland ABD, but unless there is something special about that trip, the breakfast the next morning should be included. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will correct me!

Sayhello

Last edited:
Just ask when you check in where the breakfast is for the next morning. They should know you're with ABD, but mention it to be sure.

Every ABD I have done where I booked the pre-days or post-days through ABD, breakfast was included. I had an argument about it with the hotel in Alaska, but ABD confirmed later that it was, indeed, covered.

I haven't done the Southern CA/Disneyland ABD, but unless there is something special about that trip, the breakfast the next morning should be included. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will correct me!

Sayhello
Thanks I’ll ask when check in

Sayhello

I have booked the extra nights with ABD and my agent has told me breakfast is not included.

I will double check with him.

Thanks for the heads up

I booked extra nights both before and after this ABD and we didn't get breakfast for any of the nights.

I have booked the extra nights with ABD and my agent has told me breakfast is not included.

I will double check with him.

Thanks for the heads up
That is really weird. I wonder why this particular ABD is handled differently. Very odd.

I booked extra nights both before and after this ABD and we didn't get breakfast for any of the nights.
I wonder why? That doesn't make much sense. It's one of the benefits for booking through ABD in my mind.

Sayhello

Well, I totally have to apologize. I just called ABD, and the Vacationista confirmed for me that breakfast is not included in the pre- and post-days for this trip. He said it's due to the contracts with the Hotel, but didn't really seem to know if it was ABD's choice or the Hotel's. He says the vast majority of the trips do include breakfast with pre- and post-days, but a tiny handful don't. So sorry for the misinformation!

Sayhello

As to breakfast, you already have 2 days of the Loews hotel breakfast buffet, so it is a chance to try something different. We walked to Javista Coffee and had a great breakfast, one of my favorite meals! The only thing is to prepare children for homeless sleeping outside when walking around.

the Grand Californian does not have a breakfast included rate, so maybe that is why it is handled differently? We wanted to book an extra night in Oslo but the rate without breakfast was not available; they only would offer the rate with breakfast, so we booked a night on our own instead. If I remember our itinerary right the breakfasts were in the park, not at the hotel.. but that would have been in 2018. We had breakfast at Storytellers one day, the Plaza one day, and one morning at Steakhouse 55. Lowes' rate included breakfast and we ate at the hotel's spot on those days... I believe days prior at that hotel would also include breakfast.

Edit: I guess not based on folks above? We stayed one night prior and I don't remember not getting it...but again, we went years ago. Weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter