SOOZE's 12th Anniversary Yuletide Fun 2/6 LINK to NEW PTR!

Woo! ToT is so much fun! I always end up laughing. Love the pic of Matt in front of that shirt. That squiggle looks hilarious coming from his mouth!

RnRC is not one of my top favorites. I always end up getting off the ride with a headache.

Oooh, I've never really looked at the song list before! Not that I'd ever have the guts to audition though! So it's awesome that you are going to! :worship:

By the way, when in March are you going?

Woo! ToT is so much fun! I always end up laughing. Love the pic of Matt in front of that shirt. That squiggle looks hilarious coming from his mouth!

RnRC is not one of my top favorites. I always end up getting off the ride with a headache.

Oooh, I've never really looked at the song list before! Not that I'd ever have the guts to audition though! So it's awesome that you are going to! :worship:

By the way, when in March are you going?

On RnRC... I always braced my head for the take-off, but it got bounced around so badly on the rest of the ride. This time... I really concentrated on keeping my head still against the headrest.. it worked!

We arrive on March 26 and stay until April 2. I need to get my new ticker up and running, don't I?!

I love osborne lights! Those were some crowds-we have gone during the week between christmas & new years & have never seen it really that bad. We also go very early in the evening.
Thanks for the good wishes to my son for getting the ensemble part in
beauty & the beast. We are still waiting to hear.
have a good day!

I'm late! :sad2::guilty:

Time to battle it out in TSM! Of course, there were no fast passes left... dang crowds. But we sucked it up once again, and got in the SEVENTY minute standby line. UGH! At least we had our iPhones, and we weren't lugging around a napping child (like the last time we were in this line!)
:rotfl2: Oh no - you did it, too? Did you see that I got into TSM with a 90-minute posted wait... and bailed after 2 hours, leaving Gramma and Leo to wait it out... mere days before you got there?! They wound up waiting just under 3 hours. 3 HOURS! :faint:

I have a concern about Mr. Potato Head. We had to listen to him for an hour. We had to hear the same jokes over and over. Disney HAS to know how slow-moving and painful that standby line is. Can't they give him more material? PLEASE?!?!?!
:worship:

Anyone else have this problem? What do you do to keep your pictures 'fresh' when you go so often?
Yep, sure do. I stopped shooting altogether for a while there, lol! But I'm up and running again, doing just what you said; looking for the overlooked things. :thumbsup2

Matt and I found a cozy spot on one of the curbs. The Osborne Lights area was a MAD HOUSE!! WALL TO WALL bodies. It was CAH-RAZE-EY!!
:crowded: So we went a bit out-of-the way, to the side street where there's a tunnel of lights.
Awww, my heart just leapt a little - that's exactly where we go, too! :goodvibes

If I could change one thing about that display, it'd be the crowds. Maybe if we went later in the evening, not right when they flipped the switch, it would've been more enjoyable?
:thumbsup2 We skipped the lighting this year to try that very rationale... and it was MUCH better. There were still lots of people, but it was a relaxed environment; no one was in a rush for anything and we all just mingled and "ooo'd" and "aaah'd" :yay:

I love osborne lights! Those were some crowds-we have gone during the week between christmas & new years & have never seen it really that bad. We also go very early in the evening.
Thanks for the good wishes to my son for getting the ensemble part in
beauty & the beast. We are still waiting to hear.
have a good day!
Any word on Beauty and the Beast yet?

Aw darn it! We'll be missing each other! I'll be there March 14-19.
:sad1: You'll probably have much better crowd luck than we will!! Where are you staying?

I'm late! :sad2::guilty:

:rotfl2: Oh no - you did it, too? Did you see that I got into TSM with a 90-minute posted wait... and bailed after 2 hours, leaving Gramma and Leo to wait it out... mere days before you got there?! They wound up waiting just under 3 hours. 3 HOURS! :faint:

Yep, sure do. I stopped shooting altogether for a while there, lol! But I'm up and running again, doing just what you said; looking for the overlooked things. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 We skipped the lighting this year to try that very rationale... and it was MUCH better. There were still lots of people, but it was a relaxed environment; no one was in a rush for anything and we all just mingled and "ooo'd" and "aaah'd" :yay:

Better late than never, V!! 3 HOURS?!?!?! Holy CRUD! Matt and I are sure that it's the FastPass line that DESTROYS that wait time. I think they should cut down the number of fast passes they distribute for each time. The line would move so much better if we didn't have to keep stopping to let 50 fast passers in!!

I noticed your "signage" shots on the Picture of the Day thread. That's a fun idea to keep things fresh for another trip!

Lesson learned about the Osborne Lights. We'll definitely wait until later in the evening to check those out again!

Wow... I told you this was the longest day EVER! We had been up since 3:30 am and lasted until the lighting of the Osborne Lights, but there was no way we'd miss our traditional first night of Illuminations. What's even crazier? We decided to WALK to Epcot from DHS!! Actually, it was quite lovely. Just my man and me... strolling leisurely along the footpath... breathing in the perfect Florida evening, just cool enough to warrant a sweatshirt... watching the shuttle boats on the water... talking about the wonderful times we've had, and will have at the Boardwalk Resort. It was perfect.

By the time we walked through International Gateway, we were famished! Just ahead... fish n' chips!!:woohoo: Honestly, I've never had them here. Weird, eh? There was no line, so Matt quickly got us some of the famous British fare, and we found a comfy spot on the lagoon to enjoy. WOW! The fish and chips were out of this world good! Just a perfect crispness!!

Here we are enjoying:
P1050302.jpg

HONEY?!?!?! I said ENJOYING!!!! :laughing:

My fish face, in honor of the meal:
P1050303.jpg

We lingered on the lagoon for quite a while. Checked in on the kids. Then we began the walk around World Showcase to our favorite spot in Mexico. On the way, we stopped for a dessert:
P1050304.jpg

Ooops... I guess we ate it too fast for a picture.:rolleyes1

Here's Matt getting every last morsel of powdered sugar:
P1050305.jpg

We were happy to arrive at our 'spot' (which is in Mexico, right next to the ring engraver stand... it is near a speaker, and right on top of one of the firework launches!) to find it empty. It was still an hour before Illuminations since it had the late 9:30 time for the holidays. We got comfy and played games on our iPhones. Matt took this picture of me in our spot.. look how tired I am!!
P1050306.jpg

The show was PERFECT! Even more amazing, was the extra holiday show that went on AFTER Illuminations. They played "Let There Be Peace on Earth" and had the most gorgeous fireworks.. with a CRAZY ending with TONS of them! It was so loud and beautiful.. the music was inspiring... wow.. brought tears to both of our eyes!

Our night was finally over. We were SO beat. And we were so glad we just had to stroll back to our car at the Boardwalk. The ONLY disappointment of the day (besides the long wait at TSM) was that they didn't play the normal exit music in World Showcase (the tapestry of nations stuff). We thought they might start playing some Christmas-y stuff, but they didn't. They just turned the soundtracks of each country back on. :confused3 So I took out my phone, put on the Tapestry of Nations music, and held it up to our ears, so we could have the proper soundtrack on our way out!

Earlier in the day, we had received a text saying our room was ready. So we drove right over to Congress Park to find our room.
P1050307.jpg

I took this shot in the elevator to try and capture the sheer exhaustion we were feeling:
P1050309.jpg

Look at my husband! He is just thinking I am crazy!!!

We arrived home:
P1050311.jpg

And quickly went to check out our view:
P1050315.jpg

GORGEOUS!! A perfect ending, to a long, perfectly exhausting day!

Time for bed... we had a date with Tonga Toast in the morning!!!:dance3:

Wow - that sure was a jam-packed day! I am impressed!:worship:

Too bad about the lack of Tapestry of Nations exit music - I would have been disappointed too!

Can't wait to read more!:goodvibes

Holy cow! That IS a long day! But it looked like a perfect Disney day. I really enjoyed the pics of the Osborne lights.

Enjoyed the AI list of songs too. Although I've heard that it's basically an all day commitment when you do it. Is that true? I see that my old karaoke standby is on the list though. (Vision of Love) Perhaps I might try it when I'm there in December for my girls-only trip.

Wow - that sure was a jam-packed day! I am impressed!:worship:

Too bad about the lack of Tapestry of Nations exit music - I would have been disappointed too!

Can't wait to read more!:goodvibes

Typing up this report about it sure made me realize how much we crammed in! It was a great day!!
We never asked anyone about the music. I'm hoping it's just a 'holiday' thing. There were lots of random weird things that were happening because of the holiday changes. When we get back there in March, Tapestry better be back on!!

Holy cow! That IS a long day! But it looked like a perfect Disney day. I really enjoyed the pics of the Osborne lights.

Enjoyed the AI list of songs too. Although I've heard that it's basically an all day commitment when you do it. Is that true? I see that my old karaoke standby is on the list though. (Vision of Love) Perhaps I might try it when I'm there in December for my girls-only trip.

If you win your round and have to perform again at night, I can see it being a full-day commitment. But you get to go back out into the parks and enjoy yourself in between performances. It's not like they lock you in the studio for the day!:lmao: Since I didn't win my round, it really turned out to be about a 2 hour commitment. I also got a pretty early performance time. I'm sure the day varies for everyone, depending on their situation.

I would definitely say GO FOR IT!! You are a performer, and this would be something you'd never forget. Plus, you and Brian head to Disney often now... so it's okay if you don't get to everything, every trip. Know what I mean? Vision of Love, eh? I'd love to hear it!!

Your Beauty and the Beast pictures turned out great! So glad you were able to ride Rock 'n Roller Coaster without getting a headache. :love: the Osborne Lights! I can't believe you had the energy to WALK over to Epcot and stay for Illuminations! :worship:

I guess I was behind a few updates.....

ToT is probably one of Disney's best attractions! I love Matt's expression in that picture.

That walk from DHS to Epcot isn't that bad and it can be relaxing if it's not too hot and your dogs aren't barking (feet tired).

3 HOURS?!?!?! Holy CRUD! Matt and I are sure that it's the FastPass line that DESTROYS that wait time. I think they should cut down the number of fast passes they distribute for each time. The line would move so much better if we didn't have to keep stopping to let 50 fast passers in!!
::yes:: Gramma sid the same thing; they were allowing easily 30-40 FP-ers through for every 1-2 standby folks. :headache:

What's even crazier? We decided to WALK to Epcot from DHS!! Actually, it was quite lovely. Just my man and me... strolling leisurely along the footpath... breathing in the perfect Florida evening, just cool enough to warrant a sweatshirt... watching the shuttle boats on the water... talking about the wonderful times we've had, and will have at the Boardwalk Resort. It was perfect.
It sounds perfect! :goodvibes
So I took out my phone, put on the Tapestry of Nations music, and held it up to our ears, so we could have the proper soundtrack on our way out!
:rotfl2: There's an App for that! ;)

Wooo hooo! :yay: I requested CP for the first time in a couple weeks; hope I get something that good!

Wow you really had one heck of a first day!!!! LOVE IT!!! The pictures are amazing. I really love the one from your balcony.

Can't wait to read more!

Hey Sooze! Great update and photos. It seems like the common complaint for Osborne Family Lights is the herd of humanity that shows up. One day I hope to join said herd. Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

Your Beauty and the Beast pictures turned out great! So glad you were able to ride Rock 'n Roller Coaster without getting a headache. :love: the Osborne Lights! I can't believe you had the energy to WALK over to Epcot and stay for Illuminations! :worship:

Thanks! I am really looking forward to the day when I can afford a GREAT camera, take some classes, then head to DisneyWorld! I'd love to get some shots of performers with a true lens!

I'm going to call our walk to Epcot completely ADRENALINE fueled!!

I guess I was behind a few updates.....

ToT is probably one of Disney's best attractions! I love Matt's expression in that picture.

That walk from DHS to Epcot isn't that bad and it can be relaxing if it's not too hot and your dogs aren't barking (feet tired).

You're allowed to be a bit behind, Jordan! I forgive you!

And, yes, we did enjoy the walk.... I was skeptical at first, but it turned out to be one of our favorite moments of the trip. Thankfully, the dogs weren't barking yet!;)

::yes:: Gramma sid the same thing; they were allowing easily 30-40 FP-ers through for every 1-2 standby folks. :headache:

:rotfl2: There's an App for that! ;)

Wooo hooo! :yay: I requested CP for the first time in a couple weeks; hope I get something that good!

I am proud that we had the same thoughts as Gramma... since (thanks to you) she is a Disney PRO!

That's IT! I can develop an APP that plays Disney background music, so whenever you need a dose, you can just whip out the iPhone!

Let me know how your CP view is!

Wow you really had one heck of a first day!!!! LOVE IT!!! The pictures are amazing. I really love the one from your balcony.

Can't wait to read more!

We sure did! It was AWESOME! We were super excited when we saw our view. We slept the whole night with the curtains wide open... it was cool!

Hey Sooze! Great update and photos. It seems like the common complaint for Osborne Family Lights is the herd of humanity that shows up. One day I hope to join said herd. Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

HERD OF HUMANITY!:rotfl: I love that! You have the BEST vocabulary! Hope you get to experience that someday, too!

I just found your new TR! I am all caught up. What a great deal on changing the flights! Your pictures are great! I want to try the fish and chips at Epcot. I am looking forward to seeing your Illuminations pictures. I just saw Illuminations for the first time on our last trip. It was amazing!

Have a Merry Christmas!!:santa:

Hi Susie-
a quick note-yes my son got the beauty & beast part. He starts rehearsals after the holidays. Thank you so much for asking!
Merry Christmas to your family!:santa:

I just found your new TR! I am all caught up. What a great deal on changing the flights! Your pictures are great! I want to try the fish and chips at Epcot. I am looking forward to seeing your Illuminations pictures. I just saw Illuminations for the first time on our last trip. It was amazing!

Have a Merry Christmas!!:santa:

Hooray! Glad you found me! I have some great video coming up from the Illuminations Holiday finale. It was a tear-jerker for sure! Hoping to update during the relaxing holiday tomorrow!!

Hi Susie-
a quick note-yes my son got the beauty & beast part. He starts rehearsals after the holidays. Thank you so much for asking!
Merry Christmas to your family!:santa:

:banana::banana:CONGRATULATIONS to your DS!!! Merry Christmas to you, too!:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter