SOOZE's 12th Anniversary Yuletide Fun 2/6 LINK to NEW PTR!

Good EEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRLLLLLYYYY morning everyone! It's that time of year again. What time is that? It's time for my DH and me to ditch the kids with babysitters, strap on our favorite Disney clothes, and head to the most magical place on Earth... It's SOOZE's adults-only TR Time!!:cool1::cool1:

I'm reporting to you live from the Indianapolis International Airport, where it is just about 5:30 am and I've already been up for 2 hours! Do I care, though? NO WAY!!

And the pixie dust is already flying.. check this out:

Our original flights had us flying AirTran with a STOP in Atlanta. We were to leave Indy at 6 am, stop for a plane change, then end up in Orlando by 10 am. Not bad.. not bad at all.

So we are getting comfy in our airport seats (seriously, the seats in our airport are sweet!), when the gate agent starts announcing that the flight is over-sold:mad: WHAT?! It is 6:00 in the morning and that plane is gi-normous. How could it be oversold?! OH! It is Sunday after Thanksgiving...

So Matt and I are already shaking our heads... like... uh uh... :sad2: NO WAY are we giving up our seats. Free ticket or not... we are going to Disney World.

THEN... the gate agent proceeds to tell us that there is another flight leaving at 7am. It's a DIRECT flight to Orlando... and it gets into Orlando at 9:15. :eek:WHAT?!?! I pushed Matt out of the seat.. GET UP THERE AND GET US ON THAT FLIGHT!!

SO.. what a great start to the trip. Not only did we get vouchers for two free round trips on AirTran, but we are getting into Orlando 45 minutes sooner than we would, with a DIRECT FLIGHT!!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

That's all for now! I'm going to try to get a teeny nap in before I get on the plane. (Totally can't sleep on planes, never have, never will!)

Hope to chat with you all later!

Congrats on the plane switch - this sounds like fun!

Mrs. Spratt

LOVE live reports, can't wait to live vicariously through you guys! What AWESOME luck with the flights, hope the pixie dust continues throughout your trip. EnJOY!!!:cool1:
Lesley

Yay!! How exciting that you are on your way. How AWESOME that you got such a sweet deal with the flight!!! :banana:

Can't wait to read more. You guys HAVE A BLAST!!!

Congrats on the plane change -- nonstop to Orlando and ticket vouchers to boot! What a great start to your vacation.

Hopped here after seeing your links on Lesley's TR. Read your PTR, loved it. The straight through flight is great. They offer that here in Dayton. Like the Indiana airport also, we will be flying out of there when we go to Vegas next Sept. I wish that it was WDW instead!:mad: Anyway, I'm here until it's over.
I'm hooked on TRs.

I totally missed your PTR! I'll be going back to check it out. Congrats on scoring the later/earlier flight! Settling in and subbing.

The Pixie Dust started before you even left the airport. May this truly be a magical trip.

I can't wait for pictures, of all the Disney Christmas magic.

Wow Wow Wow~ Thanks for all of your comments already everyone!!

Quick update!

We left the house at 4am this morning, and didn't get into our studio at SSR until 11 at night!:eek: It was an amazingly long, magical, perfect day, but WHEW! We are exhausted!

I am uploading the pictures I took today (130 of them!!) and will update with pictures next time.

Just to tease you a bit...

We battled a few crowds... and kept asking them why they weren't going back home for school/work tomorrow!:confused3

We drew a new character in the animation class... can you guess who? (And those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, no fair!!)

We finally saw the amazing Osborne lights.. they are unbelievable and just stunning in person!

My love returned for RnRoller Coaster. I figured out how to ride it with no headache!

You must hear about Illuminations tonight... with the holiday finale... WOW!!!!

Thanks again everyone... pictures to come tomorrow!

Our day began with a 3:30am wake up call. But for some reason, we had no trouble popping right out of bed!

We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to park, have breakfast, and get through security to our gate. While we were sitting and waiting for boarding to begin, we began to hear the usual spiel about the flight being oversold... blah... blah... blah... I just started shaking my head. NO WAY was I going to wait around for another flight, so I just tuned out the Gate Agent. Fortunately, Matt was listening carefully, because the agent offered any passengers heading to Orlando an amazing change!!

We were scheduled to stop in Atlanta on the way to Orlando, landing us in FL at 10:15. Well, there was a DIRECT flight to Orlando, leaving in an hour from Indy, that got to Orlando at 9:15!! Wait a minute, we can fly direct, get there an hour early, and get 2 free round-trip tickets? And the exit row is available?!?!

We jumped right on that deal! And found our trip off to a GREAT start!

We arrived safely in Orlando and made our way to the first monorail ride. Here is Matt's favorite face when he sees people LEAVING Disney. He made this face to all the people walking TO gates with their Disney stuff. He made this face to all of the people getting off the airport monorail, heading TO their planes. And he loves to make this face to people getting on the ME buses to go BACK to the airport! To get the full effect, you have to hear the sound he is making too! It's a deep "OOOOOOOOoooooooo"... like, "Sucks to be Youuuuu!"
P1050148.jpg

The monorail kept filling and filling and filling. Matt looked at me and said, "Disney is going to be packed, isn't it?"
P1050149.jpg

Well, if this is a sign of things to come, it just may be!

We had no problems getting our luggage and car, and were soon on our way!
P1050150.jpg

As we pulled into SSR, we immediately rolled down our windows and started taking in the Disney air:
P1050151.jpg

P1050152.jpg

Deep breaths..... really, slow, intoxicating deep breaths....

The place was decked out in its Yuletide decor. I need to take more pictures of this stuff. It is gorgeous... all over the place!
P1050153.jpg

Our room was actually ready at 11:00 am, but I asked if they had anything available in Congress Park. We've been at SSR so many times, and since we never ask for anything, we are usually stuck in the Paddock or Carousel. So I figured, Why not just ask?:confused3 Well, guess what? They had a studio available... but it wasn't ready yet. Not a big deal! We chose to have a text message sent when our room was ready...coolest thing, by the way!

And off we headed to Hollywood Studios!

We drove over to BWV to park, then hopped on a boat to the park. Here we are waiting in the beautiful sunshine on the boat dock:
P1050154.jpg

Our carriage awaits!
P1050155.jpg

A shot of the Boardwalk. Can't wait to stay here for Spring Break in a few short months!
P1050156.jpg

Since we had eaten at 4:30 this morning, and it was going on noon, we were starving! We went to the area of DHS near ToT to grab food. We like the little counter service areas here, because we can each get what we want. Matt got a cheeseburger, I opted for a hot Italian sandwich. Delicious!!
P1050157.jpg

Our view from the table:
P1050158.jpg

Christmas cups!
P1050159.jpg

Up next.... we're gonna ride this puppy!!
P1050161.jpg

Geeze, did I lose everyone? :confused3

:idea:
Oh.. wait.. you're all WORKING!! Ha ha ha ha!!:lmao:

Matt and I just got back from a wonderful morning/afternoon of Kona (Tonga Toast) and lots of shopping at DTD. We wrapped up the afternoon watching New Moon at the AMC theaters.

Off to Magic Kingdom to see the Christmas Castle for the 1st time! We also have a friend performing in the "Dream Along With Mickey" show in front of the castle.

See y'all later!

Geeze, did I lose everyone? :confused3

:idea:
Oh.. wait.. you're all WORKING!! Ha ha ha ha!!:lmao:

Matt and I just got back from a wonderful morning/afternoon of Kona (Tonga Toast) and lots of shopping at DTD. We wrapped up the afternoon watching New Moon at the AMC theaters.

Off to Magic Kingdom to see the Christmas Castle for the 1st time! We also have a friend performing in the "Dream Along With Mickey" show in front of the castle.

See y'all later!

Aren't you the funny one, Ms. Smarty Pants. Yes, we're all working and envious of you! Have fun and take lots of pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter