SOOZE's 12th Anniversary Yuletide Fun 2/6 LINK to NEW PTR!

I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times... the beauty of being a DVC member is knowing we'll be back soon, so we don't have to stress about missing attractions or shows... we'll just catch them next time, right?
Right! ::yes::

But we were actually glad to get home earlier. We were able to spend time with the kids, unpack, and mentally prepare ourselves to head back to work the next day..
:thumbsup2 I've recently discovered that I much prefer getting back with half a day or more to decompress, do laundry, relax, etc.

Hope to see you all for my Spring Break TR... Return of the Band Geeks! I'll post a link as soon as I start it!
YES, I'm in! Thanks for having us along again Sooze! :hug:

So, our last day was to be devoted to Animal Kingdom. We had two shows that we really wanted to see, then we would do a bit of Everest, then we would casually meander between Asia and Africa to try and catch DeVine, then we would peruse the shops... until it was time to hop in the car, return it to the rental company, and fly home.

Then... we saw the weather...:scared1:

Change of plans...
A major storm squall was heading towards central FL and it was supposed to hit right when we were going to be flying out.. near 8:00 at night. Both Matt and I were feeling the itch to be with the kids again, and we decided we'd try to get on an earlier flight. After contacting the airlines, we learned there was a late afternoon flight that was wide open. We could fly standby and easily make it on with NO FEES for switching flights. BINGO!

Unfortunately, this change happened AFTER we slept in... so our time to hang out at AK was cut way short. Do you think we can still squeeze in both shows?!?

WE DID!! We hurried over to AK in time to catch FotLK. Immediately after, we hustled over to Nemo, and actually scored decent seats for the next show. We didn't have time to ride EE or search for DeVine... but, I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times... the beauty of being a DVC member is knowing we'll be back soon, so we don't have to stress about missing attractions or shows... we'll just catch them next time, right?

Wow Sooze! I'm truly impressed by the fact that you were still able to get both shows in - way to go! We're more ride-people, so for us it would've been running to get on EE a couple times. :laughing:

And I think we're also getting used to the DVC way - if we can't do it now, we'll do it next time - as there will be MANY next-times! :goodvibes

Loved the report!

Thanks for finishing up, I'm sure it was still fun to go see those great shows. I look forward to reading along on your next adventure.

My DD's have never done the 1/2 marathon. At WDW or anywhere. It should be fun to go see them. My Mom and I are leaving for FL tomorrow, after staying with my DD in S. FL for a few days we will head to WDW. We will be staying at VWL, a surprise for my Mom. We were planning POFQ, but then I found a great deal on some points. Wish I could purchase DVC, but DH thinks a trip to WDW every 10 or so years is just fine:confused3. Maybe when we have grandchildren he will change his mind. I think we will be staying at POR for the marathon, there is transportation to the run from that resort.

How did it go?!! Hope to hear all about your adventures!

I enjoyed your Christmas report and look forward to Spring Break.

Thanks for hanging out with me! New link to come!

Thanks for your TR Sooze!!!!! I'll be back for your next TR....:thumbsup2

You are so welcome, Jordan! See you on the next one!

:thumbsup2 I've recently discovered that I much prefer getting back with half a day or more to decompress, do laundry, relax, etc

YES, I'm in! Thanks for having us along again Sooze! :hug:

Thanks, V!! Getting back with time to spare definitely saved us from doom and gloom the next morning. Well... saved us from TOO much doom and gloom!

Wow Sooze! I'm truly impressed by the fact that you were still able to get both shows in - way to go! We're more ride-people, so for us it would've been running to get on EE a couple times. :laughing:

And I think we're also getting used to the DVC way - if we can't do it now, we'll do it next time - as there will be MANY next-times! :goodvibes

Loved the report!

We were so excited that the timing worked out for us! Of course, I'm just aching to ride EE now! Only 50 more days to wait!:thumbsup2

Hope to see you on the new TR thread... whenever I get that going!

WOW! How lucky that you were able to change your flights with no FEES!:thumbsup2 You still snuck in 2 of your favorites too:goodvibes I agree about the DVC thing, it makes trip MUCH less stressful about seeing and doing everything! Thanks for sharing it all with us!!!!:)

WOW! How lucky that you were able to change your flights with no FEES!:thumbsup2 You still snuck in 2 of your favorites too:goodvibes I agree about the DVC thing, it makes trip MUCH less stressful about seeing and doing everything! Thanks for sharing it all with us!!!!:)

Thanks, Diane!! Hope to see you on the new thread;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter