Songful September 2020 Exercise Challenge

Catching up here - it's been another crazy month! Sorry I haven't posted - I just can't seem to get into any kind of routine. But, I'll add 390 minutes since my last post - just some quick walks. (500/600). I have a lot of catching up to do -so many good clips to see! I can't believe I haven't seen Hunchback or Mulan!

I finally watched Hunchback and loved it! The music is gorgeous, and, sadly, the message feels like one many people still need to learn. Quasimodo and Esmeralda have won places in my heart. The gargoyles are not my favorite sidekicks, but one could certainly make a case for Frollo being the most evil Disney villain ever. This movie is definitely up there on my list of favorite Disney movies. I cannot believe it took me this long to see it. Thanks for sharing the music, sophy1996.

But then I watched Hunchback 2. It wasn't the worst movie ever, but it was not at all on the level of the first one.

As for active minutes - - -

500 - horses, walking - except for a bit of rain, the weather has been gorgeous! Must take advantage while I can . . .

2300/2000

Congratulations to BonnieF for turning Part of Your World Pink and to Twilight Sparkle for turning Go the Distance Green! And with those reports, the TEAM is at 102% of goal and Go the Distance Green as well!

Yay team -- rock stars this month! :rockband:

Tarzan features several other original songs: "Two Worlds," "Strangers Like Me," "Son of Man," and "Trashin' the Camp." "Trashin' the Camp" is the only song performed by a character in the movie (Rosie O'Donnell as Terk) instead of being sung by Phil Collins offscreen. But Collins also performed a version of "Trashin' the Camp" with 'N Sync.

Here is one fan's ranking of the Tarzan songs.

And here's a behind-the-scenes video with Phil Collins and 'N Sync:

Catching up here - it's been another crazy month! Sorry I haven't posted - I just can't seem to get into any kind of routine. But, I'll add 390 minutes since my last post - just some quick walks. (500/600). I have a lot of catching up to do -so many good clips to see! I can't believe I haven't seen Hunchback or Mulan!

Glad to hear everything's OK! I was hoping you were just busy.

I finally watched Hunchback and loved it! The music is gorgeous, and, sadly, the message feels like one many people still need to learn. Quasimodo and Esmeralda have won places in my heart. The gargoyles are not my favorite sidekicks, but one could certainly make a case for Frollo being the most evil Disney villain ever. This movie is definitely up there on my list of favorite Disney movies. I cannot believe it took me this long to see it. Thanks for sharing the music, sophy1996.

But then I watched Hunchback 2. It wasn't the worst movie ever, but it was not at all on the level of the first one.

I am so happy that you watched Hunchback and loved it! And I didn't even know there was a Hunchback 2. :)

From the descriptions I read, it does sound like Frollo is in the running for the most evil. Probably because versions of him really existed (and sadly, still exist) in the world.

40 minutes today - did some serious house cleaning and yard work. (540/600)
I watched Hunchback to take a break - I forgot how dark the story is. I bet many families were surprised by what happens. The music was lovely, though ☺.

@sophy1996 - all's fine here - just lots of time with the grandchildren - helping get one settled to virtual first grade.

Last edited:

Congratulations to BonnieF for moving up to Reflection Red! The TEAM is at 106%!!

To wrap up our Disney Renaissance month, here's Billboard's rankings of every song from this era. Can you guess at least three of Billboard's top five?

From 1 to 5:
Under the Sea
A Whole New World
Hakuna Matata
Be Our Guest
I'll Make a Man Out of You

And our other "color" songs come in at:

Part of Your World - 8
Go the Distance - 10
Reflection - 19
Prince Ali - 29
Out There - 30

Also, I realized that I didn't give the villains much attention this month. So, to usher us into the villains' favorite month of October, here are "Poor Unfortunate Souls," performed in The Little Mermaid by Pat Carroll as Ursula, and "Be Prepared," performed in The Lion King by Jeremy Irons as Scar and Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin, and Jim Cummings as the hyenas.

And to end on a high note (pun intended?), here's a villains medley covering five of the villains of the Disney Renaissance Era (plus a couple that belong to the "Disney Revival" era):

Thanks for participating this month! I'll be back in a couple of days to add any last minutes, so list them if you have them!

I’m going to add in my final minutes.

40 from Saturday
40 from Sunday
20 from Monday
20 from Tuesday
And a very unenthusiastic 20 minutes today.
and with that I’m at 800/800

thank you sophy1996 for a fun and musical month and thank you PollyannaMom for taking October!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts