Something Borrowed, Blue, COLD & New - A Disney Wedding Extravaganza! Update: 11/15 (pg. 15)

Hey! Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me while I take forrreeeevvvver to write this haha. I'm now half-way through our entire trip and it only took me 3.5 years to get here :rolleyes1 So thanks for still reading! It's very much appreciated! <3

January 6, 2018 - Part Two

We were close to being in our window for the next fastpass, but we knew we had a bit of time so we headed over to MuppetVision 3D.
(ETA: I have no idea why my pictures are coming out all different sizes, but I can't be bothered trying to resize them all right now...)

7Tu4-yGSyqS0MCb40-9BT4ObjxjWiFu7zbbY8Feu6b8yNbFkBkirpYHRPfXboZgkaTrvK3spPuGq5dUnflZuPW9lI4kFbxvMqzZEC0p35HK_jFhOD3aoxxmuFNOOgJnTzf_V4g-m=s0

The posted wait time said 15 minutes, but it was less than 5 before we were making our way into the auditorium to find a seat. I made my Dad take a selfie with me and our pink 3D glasses while we waited for the show to start haha.

ja9QyAETmjEk8hhnQeDWQpYkgNOw0WpeQI8vGoP1EFi_ig7vg_AWm_V16BsB8veM_FWP-DcgBEpE-2GYOf_O1PCWU2pmkkS8Es8c1JaiznO6gk9bw_UxnQ00a9J70gFUkkqZoKst=s0

My dad loved this show. He thought the 3D was awesome, he was laughing… it hadn’t taken long for Disney to win his approval!

We headed over to our second fastpass, Toy Story Midway Mania. I think this area is so cute, I’m really excited to see Toy Story Land (I obviously wrote this part of the trip report awhile ago haha – I’ve been to TSL a few times now, and it’s adorable! In case you're wondering, I actually have a google doc that has some notes in it, and I write each of these reports on my own blog before transferring them over to here. I don't always write my reports in chronological order on my blog, so this part was finished a few years ago haha)

D-CTikMz6yOF5YuyNQyyrus10_nsFehCSTpZLm7SDnGfqKe5chIPx8YIx1-z_m6AK0BuZrHYQKBACt_gRHTnJkJcPOEqtj5ZwJOy-C9BrTwo_k7O9zOoYPl2J6C1qthzXdD9ms0k=s0

inUvVIpQM40SdTuds6m7h_hnpOBwqP70xo5BA-ipb8kpZMF5x5Qa4HhyeCOqKpqBzcl5maprSGuqeH54D--dPMOL67hEfObZx9P4TyLfiGIU0hvvKr_J6Vz9Hh1hDZD99_CBU_q_=s0

They had already shut off the main queue line at this point, and both stand-by and Fastpass people were being held outside for the most part. This was because they were reconfiguring the entrance and the queue line to open up into Toy Story Land.

Luke insisted I sit with my Dad, and he went alone. I think it’s just because I beat him every single time on this ride haha.

I did beat my Dad by a decent margin, although his accuracy was better than mine (and I’ve been on this many times before).

AmW2tKr0j8-97WHxmw8U-UUOeg3yM5hCOfdnnelDmLEB368cq3NyVxa0hGMNW5UooykPrgMHJz1iBBnUoWOiDcBabDWJx_ijuZjvOe6t8KW8INQREUrh3jzcn8sY5DFcVByZUXwy=s0

We decided to stop in Walt Disney Presents, where they have rare artifacts from Walt’s life as well as models of some of the new construction. We hung out in there for a bit, my dad loves museums and things like that, so he found it all really interesting.

IMG_9987.jpg

IMG_9988.jpg

IMG_9989.jpg

IMG_9990.jpg

I eventually hurried him along, since we had to get to our third and final Fastpass of the day – reserved seating for the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Luke and I had started watching this on our first trip back in 2016, but left early to get to a dining reservation, so we were looking forward to actually watching the full thing.

As we made our way towards the Indiana Jones show, the Star Wars stage show was starting, so we stopped to watch a few minutes of that before making our way over.

IMG_9991.jpg

IMG_9992.jpg

IMG_9996.jpg

IMG_9998.jpg

We entered the Fastpass line for the stage show, and ended up with great seats only a few rows from the front. We all really enjoyed this show – even myself, who had not seen the original Indiana Jones movie…(don’t worry, I’ve watched it since this trip).

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

:rotfl:I laugh like an idiot every. single. time.
:lmao:
Uh oh, you're not going to like what I'm about to tell you about Santa Claus...
WHAT ABOUT SANTA CLAUS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I was really hoping I’d be able to make him fall in love with the Disney Parks and possibly return with us again one day – but you’ll need to keep reading my report to find out if that will ever happen haha!
I did! I did!
so he was going into this entire week blindly.
Whoa. I can't even imagine how overwhelming that must have been!
I told him to smile, and for some reason, this is the face he gave me…
Kind of a "I'm smiling, but what have you gotten me in to?" kind of smile.
I think he was expecting a typical amusement park, so I could see him quickly taking everything in.
Oh, boy. That must've hit amazingly and wonderfully hard. :)
What a great shot!
he was impressed by the animatronics.
No one does it better. ::yes::
I glanced over at my Dad a few times during the ride and the look on his face was priceless- he had the biggest, goofiest grin. His first Disney ride experience was a hit,
Yussss....
I made my Dad take a selfie with me and our pink 3D glasses while we waited for the show to start haha.
Cute shot of the two of you. :)
He thought the 3D was awesome, he was laughing… it hadn’t taken long for Disney to win his approval!
Excellent!!
Luke insisted I sit with my Dad, and he went alone. I think it’s just because I beat him every single time on this ride haha.
Nice of Luke all the same. :)
We entered the Fastpass line for the stage show, and ended up with great seats only a few rows from the front.
Not bad! I've only seen it from the nose-bleed section.
We all really enjoyed this show
Did your dad guess that one of the volunteers was a cast member?

WHAT ABOUT SANTA CLAUS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:rolleyes1

I did! I did!

And I appreciate that!

Oh, boy. That must've hit amazingly and wonderfully hard. :)

It was definitely not what he was expecting!

What a great shot!

Thanks!

Nice of Luke all the same. :)

He's a gentleman like that :)

Not bad! I've only seen it from the nose-bleed section.

We had a great view!

Did your dad guess that one of the volunteers was a cast member?

He did not!

January 6, 2018 - Part Three

Once the show ended, we were close to our reservation time, so we took our time and walked the short distance to 50’s Prime Time.​

While we were watching the Indiana Jones show, Luke was receiving text messages that his mom, sister and aunt had arrived at Old Key West and were planning on heading over to Disney Springs. Once we finished eating, we all left Hollywood Studios. Luke went back to OKW, then took the boat to the Springs to meet up with them. Apparently while we were eating at 50’s Prime Time, Jill, Laura and Cathy were eating at Paradiso 37. (I’ll introduce the three of them a little later).

Dad and I went in a different direction, and hopped on a boat to Epcot. We entered through the International Gateway, and spent a bit of time looking around the World Showcase.

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

I checked wait times on the app, and led Dad over to Mission Space. It was only about a 10 minute wait for the green side before we were circling the Earth in our spaceship.

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Luke was texting me, after taking a bus back to Old Key West and a brief stop in our room (I think he brushed his teeth and changed his socks?) – he caught the boat to Disney Springs. He actually had the entire boat to himself, and sent me this picture –

1812210F-1B78-4179-A348-66B51EB585D0.jpg

He met up with his family, and I think they browsed a few stores before heading back to the resort?

Next up for my Dad and I back at Epcot was a Fastpass I had grabbed while we were sitting at the Indiana Jones show waiting for it to start – Test Track! As we approached the ride, Dad looked at me and said “you’re taking me on that? It’s going pretty fast, isn’t it?”. I convinced him he would be fine, and he ended up really enjoying it!

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

After this, we decided it was time to head back to the hotel to get ready for the evening, so we caught a bus back to OKW. We stopped at the main lobby, Dad had to check in to his own room for the rest of the week (he had originally booked a room from Saturday to Saturday, but then we had difficulty finding a flight that day, so he flew in on Friday. By this point, OKW was all booked up due to Marathon Weekend, so we had added him to our room reservation for one night). They gave him his room number and new Magicbands, and then bell services told us to hop in their golf cart. All of Dad’s bags were in our room, which was in a different building than his room so I thought it was great of them to help us move them.

Of course, we get to Dad’s room and his Magicband won’t work. I texted Luke, he was in the next building over with his mom, aunt and sister, so he came over to stand with Dad’s stuff while the bell services guy took Dad back to the front lobby. I ran back to our room to quickly get changed and ready for the evening. Once Dad got back, I helped him move everything into his room, he quickly got ready and the two of us headed out. By this point, Luke had gone back to Disney Springs with his family.

I called an Uber for Dad and I, and we headed off to Orlando to see our first ever NBA game! Neither one of us are huge basketball fans, and we don’t live in NBA markets (there’s only one team in all of Canada, the Toronto Raptors), but we are both huge sports fans in general. The Orlando Magic on their own isn’t enough to make me excited enough to go to a game, but Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers happened to be in town that night, so I couldn’t pass up that opportunity. Luke was actually really sad he wasn’t coming with us, but he had to be up at a ridiculous hour the next day for the full marathon.

The Uber ride felt like it took forever, we hit some traffic at one point that slowed us right down. We eventually made it, and our driver let us know that the arena was not in the greatest neighbourhood – we should head straight back to Disney property as soon as the game ended. When we arrived, I immediately started to get out of the car, but my Dad was so confused- I had forgot that this was his first experience ever with Uber (he lives in a really small town that doesn’t even have normal taxi services). He started pulling his wallet out, because we “still had to pay the man, but where’s the meter to tell us how much this ride cost?”. The Uber driver started laughing as I explained how it worked, that everything was done through the app, and the ride would be automatically charged to my credit card on file. As we were walking towards the arena, Dad was trying to give me money – “that must have cost at least $60 or $70, we drove for over half an hour”. Needless to say, he was completely shocked and discovered a new love for Uber when I showed him that our ride had only cost $24…

These tickets were my Dad’s Christmas present from me, but we were still in the nosebleeds – tickets were expensive thanks to Lebron being in town. We stopped to grab food from some place called Gringos Locos inside Anway Centre – I took a picture of the name, but no pictures of our food. Dad actually paid for my food, so I didn’t include this in the food budget for Luke and I.

IMG_0045.jpg

When we reached our seats, there were people sitting in them. I tripled checked to make sure I was in the right spot before I asked them to move – their seats were two rows back so I don’t know why they thought our seats were that much better? Two rows doesn’t make much of a difference when you’re practically at the ceiling already? They seemed a little put-out that I asked them to move out of the seats I had paid for…

Anyways, the game started, and Dad and I enjoyed it. It’s still not my favourite sport, but I’m really glad I can now say I’ve been to a game live. I actually got really into the NBA the next year, it was quite an exciting time to be Canadian and see the Raptors win the championship!

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

During half time, a lady on a unicycle rode around the court while balancing bowls on her feet/head. I googled her, apparently she’s really popular for NBA half-time – Dad and I were entertained!

At some point, back on Disney property, Luke and his family had found themselves at Amorette’s. The four of them decided to split these two delicious desserts – the Key Lime Cheesecake and the Mickey Mousse. I have no idea who paid for these, so they didn’t get counted in our food budget. I’ve had the Mickey Mousse before, and it’s very good. According to Luke, that key lime cheesecake is amazing.

9AD49721-A3EE-4D38-86C8-D528F5320B7B-e1634962604860.jpg

Back at the game, I was texting my Maid of Honour, Ashley – she was at the game with her husband, but they had splurged on seats in row 12 at center court. I was also texting one of Luke’s best friends (and groomswoman), Lisa – she was at the game with her husband as well. All four of them had flown in that day (and on the same flight, although they hadn’t met before), and they were all staying at All Star Music for the night. There was talk about the 6 of us taking an Uber together after the game and possibly heading to Disney Springs, but Ashley decided she just wanted to go to sleep, it had been a long day of travel. Lisa and her husband Trevor were interested though, so after the game my Dad and I met up with them. My Dad immediately took a liking to Trevor, and the two of them talked about their shared love for the Toronto Maple Leafs for the entire drive haha.

Dad was once again amazed at Uber – Lisa had a $25 promo code so our ride back to Disney Springs cost $0.12 or something silly like that. It actually took us awhile to get an Uber after the game, we ordered one but the guy didn’t understand where we were. None of us were familiar with where we were, but we had followed a large crowd to what appeared to be a fairly major intersection. We were watching the little car on the app, and it seemed like the driver kept making wrong turns… eventually he found us and we made it to Disney Springs.

We were dropped off at the far end of the Springs by the now-defunct Cirque du Soleil. We decided we wanted a drink and a small snack, and since no one had any suggestions I led us to Homecomin’.

Evening Eats

By the time we finished eating, it was late and we were all tired. We walked over to the bus stops, where Lisa and Trevor caught the All Star Music bus (their hotel just for the one night, before moving over to Old Key West the next day), and Dad and I hopped on the Old Key West bus. Dad and I were in different buildings, but I had talked to the front desk and every single one of our friends/family staying at OKW were in the Old Turtle Pond area. It was so nice to all use the same bus stop!

By the time I got into my room, Luke had been asleep for hours – he had a very early wakeup coming!​

FitBit Steps: 15,477

Dad and I went in a different direction, and hopped on a boat to Epcot.
I love that boat ride. ::yes::
One of the best parts of Epcot???
I think so!
I checked wait times on the app, and led Dad over to Mission Space. It was only about a 10 minute wait for the green side
Not bad!
But... I've always felt that the green side should be the spinning one. I mean... it makes you turn green, right?
Luke was texting me, after taking a bus back to Old Key West and a brief stop in our room (I think he brushed his teeth and changed his socks?)
Oh, sure. You want fresh socks when meeting your family.

He met up with his family, and I think they browsed a few stores before heading back to the resort?
Why are you asking me! :laughing:
Test Track! As we approached the ride, Dad looked at me and said “you’re taking me on that? It’s going pretty fast, isn’t it?”.
and then bell services told us to hop in their golf cart. All of Dad’s bags were in our room, which was in a different building than his room so I thought it was great of them to help us move them.
Nice of them. That's a BIG resort!
Of course, we get to Dad’s room and his Magicband won’t work.
:headache:
Good thing the Bellman hadn't left.
I called an Uber for Dad and I, and we headed off to Orlando to see our first ever NBA game!
Cool! Never seen any major sport in the US.
Luke was actually really sad he wasn’t coming with us, but he had to be up at a ridiculous hour the next day for the full marathon.
Luke runs full marathons?!?!?

:faint: :worship:
He started pulling his wallet out, because we “still had to pay the man, but where’s the meter to tell us how much this ride cost?”. The Uber driver started laughing as I explained how it worked, that everything was done through the app, and the ride would be automatically charged to my credit card on file. As we were walking towards the arena, Dad was trying to give me money – “that must have cost at least $60 or $70, we drove for over half an hour”. Needless to say, he was completely shocked and discovered a new love for Uber when I showed him that our ride had only cost $24…
:laughing:
their seats were two rows back so I don’t know why they thought our seats were that much better? Two rows doesn’t make much of a difference when you’re practically at the ceiling already?
Yeah... I mean... if you were moving up into a whole new area, I can see taking the chance, but... 2 rows? :confused3
At some point, back on Disney property, Luke and his family had found themselves at Amorette’s.
There are worse places to wind up. :)
Dad was once again amazed at Uber – Lisa had a $25 promo code so our ride back to Disney Springs cost $0.12 or something silly like that.
Whoa! Okay, that is crazy!

I love that boat ride. ::yes::

Me too! I wave to our wedding location every single time <3

One of the best parts of Epcot???
I think so!

I love the little details like this that get missed if you're only focused on rides!

Not bad!
But... I've always felt that the green side should be the spinning one. I mean... it makes you turn green, right?

I wouldn't know - I refuse to ruin my day by trying the orange side! :crazy2:

Oh, sure. You want fresh socks when meeting your family.

Haha - I'm just guessing. That's a very Luke thing to do though.

Dad was so concerned about Test Track haha - we ended up on it again this week and he was a lot more relaxed since he knew what he was in for haha.

Nice of them. That's a BIG resort!

It is! Luckily, I had talked to the front desk when we checked in, and they were able to put all of our people in the same area (not the same building, but everyone used the same bus stop). They took me seriously at the front desk when I pulled up a spreadsheet in Google Docs on my phone that every single person listed with their hotel confirmation numbers, dates of stay, flight info, etc, etc :rotfl:

:headache:
Good thing the Bellman hadn't left.

It ended up being quite the pain! I think he had to go back and forth two or three times before they declared his MagicBand a dud, and just gave him a plain grey one reprogrammed with his info. No more issues after that :confused3

Cool! Never seen any major sport in the US.

Our Disney Parks obsession all started back in 2015 because we flew last minute to Anaheim for NHL Playoff hockey, and had a few days to kill - so "I guess we'll check out Disney since we're here anyways..."

At this point, I've been to.... 6 NHL games in the US? (And I've been to games in 7 total NHL arenas), plus the one NBA game. I still haven't been to an NFL or MLB game in person though.

Luke runs full marathons?!?!?

:faint: :worship:

This was his first (and only) attempt! He did a half marathon in 2013, and another one in 2017 (at Disneyland) though! And has many, many 10K and 5K races completed as well.

I mean, my Dad is from a really small town that barely has normal taxis, let alone Uber haha.

Yeah... I mean... if you were moving up into a whole new area, I can see taking the chance, but... 2 rows? :confused3

RIGHT?! So weird.

There are worse places to wind up. :)

Agreed! I didn't end up getting there on this trip, but I made up for it on our last trip (which was over 2.5 years ago already :eek:)

Whoa! Okay, that is crazy!

Thank you Promo Codes!

What!?! You shouldn't run a marathon before your wedding!!!

This trip was actually planned before we were even engaged, with the goal of Luke running the full marathon! Our initial plan was WDW from January 2-8, then board a Disney cruise on January 8th (I don't know if they still do it, but they had a special medal for anyone who ran the Castaway Cay 5K during that sailing who had also run one of the Marathon Weekend events, like a sea to shore medal or something). We even had the deposit down on the cruise - but then Luke proposed, and we decided on a DFTW, so the cruise was canceled and our time at WDW extended :)

Best place to go to!

My favourite!

January 7, 2018 - Part One

I woke up briefly as Luke was getting ready at some insane hour (I think he was out the door by 4am to catch a bus?) – but I quickly went back to sleep after wishing him luck and telling him how proud I was of him.

I didn’t sleep too long though – my alarm went off and I was out the door around 8:30. At the bus stop, I met up with the three members of Luke’s family who had already arrived in Florida – his mom, Laura, sister Jill and Aunt Cathy. My Dad had decided he wanted to sleep in and hang around the resort for a bit this morning, so he did not join us at this time.

Introduction time! Laura, Jill and Cathy were all sharing a room at Old Key West from Saturday-Saturday (we had walked them through renting points). Laura had a 5-day park hopper ticket, while Jill and Cathy each had a 4-day hopper (they spent a day at Universal together to check out the Harry Potter sections). This was the first trip to a Disney Park for Laura and Jill – Cathy had been before but it was years ago when her now-adult son was still young. They had spent time the day before checking out Disney Springs, so I was excited to take them into their first park of the trip!

Our destination this morning was Epcot! After getting through security, we stopped at guest services to activate their Canadian discount tickets. I was messaging two of Luke’s friends who had arrived the day before as well, and were also meeting us at Epcot – and then we realized we were standing less than 10 feet apart haha. They were also in line to activate their tickets – when you purchased tickets using the Canadian discount, you had to show proof of citizenship at guest services in order to activate them.

Time for another introduction! Devin is one of Luke’s long-time friends, and a groomsman in the wedding party. He and his wife, Larissa, had booked a room at All Star Music from Saturday-Thursday using the discounted room block we had set up through our Disney wedding planner (it was a crazy good deal – like $101/night or something!). Neither of them had ever been to a Disney Park before, but they were very excited about it!

After everyone was all set, we entered the park!

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

After stopping for a few pictures, we headed off for our first Fastpass of the day – Spaceship Earth! Devin and Larissa had their Fastpasses set for Hollywood Studios later in the day, so they were just going to use the standby line – but when we arrived there wasn’t a wait at all! We decided to drop our Fastpass and just use the regular line so we could all enter the ride together. Devin and Larissa sat together, Jill and Cathy sat together and I went with Laura (my Mother-in-Law). I don’t think we planned on making similar faces, but this turned out hilarious haha –

After we exited, I checked the app and encouraged Devin and Larissa to run over to Test Track – the standby time was listed as 20 minutes which is excellent for that ride, so they took my advice and started heading over there. Jill, Cathy, Laura and I actually had a Fastpass for Test Track, so we went in that direction as well, but we did stop to cheer on some of the marathon runners making their way through the park (I love being in Epcot on marathon day – we were there in 2016 and it’s what inspired Luke to even attempt a full marathon).

The Jamitors were also out this morning, so we stopped to enjoy them for a few minutes –

IMG_0059.jpg

And then it was Test Track time! I think Laura and Cathy had the same reservations as my Dad the day before as they approached the ride, but they both ended up really enjoying themselves. Since there were four of us, they split us into two pairs for the design portion of the queue line. Laura and Cathy designed one car, and I let Jill take control of the second one (I’ve been on this ride a few times, I wanted to let the first-timers truly enjoy it!). Here’s the creations haha –

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

And our on-ride photo – I’m the one in the front with the sunglasses, Luke’s sister Jill is directly beside me, Luke’s mom Laura is directly behind me and Luke’s aunt Cathy is in the middle seat in the back row. The other two were single riders.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_410203950388.jpeg

We hung out in the post-ride area and waited for Devin and Larissa to exit (we had beat them, thanks Fastpass (and also RIP Fastpass). We didn’t have to wait long until we were all back together again.

I had everyone from our group linked to me as Friends and Family through the Disney account. I also had an Annual Pass, so I was able to download the Photopass pictures for every single person – Devin and Larissa are in the front row of this Test Track car, facing away from the camera haha –

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_410203946427.jpeg

Me too! I wave to our wedding location every single time <3
:goodvibes
I love the little details like this that get missed if you're only focused on rides!
Yes! You need to look around. ::yes::
I wouldn't know - I refuse to ruin my day by trying the orange side! :crazy2:
:laughing: Oh, come on... just once...

<barf> Whoops!

It is! Luckily, I had talked to the front desk when we checked in, and they were able to put all of our people in the same area (not the same building, but everyone used the same bus stop). They took me seriously at the front desk when I pulled up a spreadsheet in Google Docs on my phone that every single person listed with their hotel confirmation numbers, dates of stay, flight info, etc, etc :rotfl:
Fallon pulling out the big guns! Don't mess with her folks!
It ended up being quite the pain! I think he had to go back and forth two or three times before they declared his MagicBand a dud, and just gave him a plain grey one reprogrammed with his info. No more issues after that :confused3
:sad2:
Our Disney Parks obsession all started back in 2015 because we flew last minute to Anaheim for NHL Playoff hockey, and had a few days to kill - so "I guess we'll check out Disney since we're here anyways..."
Really! I had no idea. Huh!
This was his first (and only) attempt! He did a half marathon in 2013, and another one in 2017 (at Disneyland) though! And has many, many 10K and 5K races completed as well.
Wow, good for him! How did he feel after (or even during) the race?
I've never done an official race, but run 5Ks quite often.
I mean, my Dad is from a really small town that barely has normal taxis, let alone Uber haha.
Well, that would explain it!

(I think he was out the door by 4am to catch a bus?)
This is Disney... I didn't even bat an eye at that time! :laughing:
but I quickly went back to sleep after wishing him luck and telling him how proud I was of him.
"mm...wha... gd lck... mmm... prd of ya...zzzzzzzzz"
my alarm went off and I was out the door around 8:30.
Now that's practically sleeping in at Disney. :)
This was the first trip to a Disney Park for Laura and Jill
Oh cool! First time!
I was excited to take them into their first park of the trip!
I bet! I would be too!
I was messaging two of Luke’s friends who had arrived the day before as well, and were also meeting us at Epcot – and then we realized we were standing less than 10 feet apart haha.
:laughing:
(it was a crazy good deal – like $101/night or something!).
Not bad.
Neither of them had ever been to a Disney Park before, but they were very excited about it!
More newbs!
when we arrived there wasn’t a wait at all!
Close enough to rope drop still, I'm guessing.
I don’t think we planned on making similar faces, but this turned out hilarious haha –
I love her exclaiming "It's got our pictures on there! How freaking cool!"
we did stop to cheer on some of the marathon runners making their way through the park (I love being in Epcot on marathon day – we were there in 2016 and it’s what inspired Luke to even attempt a full marathon).
I didn't realize the park was open as the runners went through!
Now that's just all kinds of cool. :laughing:

So??? How did everyone like (or dislike) TT????

Sounds like a lovely Epcot morning! Yay for Luke running the half marathon!! I am planning to do the Dopey Challenge next year (2023) as I will be turning 40, and want to commemorate by challenging myself to do something outrageous!! Running the 10K, especially the part across the Boardwalk with people out there cheering you on has me totally convinced that I will be able to power through! I love all that runner support :)

Yes! You need to look around. ::yes::

Yes! I feel like so many people just rush from ride to ride, and in doing so they really miss the special things that set a Disney Park apart from the others.

:laughing: Oh, come on... just once...

<barf> Whoops!

No thank you! I don't like G-Force rides very much.

Fallon pulling out the big guns! Don't mess with her folks!

Hahaha - I had to be prepared and organized to plan a trip for that many people the same week as my wedding!

Really! I had no idea. Huh!

Yep! It was the first time your hometown hockey team made the playoffs since their return to the league, and it was actually cheaper for us to fly to California than it was to buy tickets in Winnipeg. Tickets for those games in Winnipeg were going for ~$500/seat/game - so $2000 just for the two of us to go to the two first round games. We booked a last minute flight/hotel through a travel agent friend for $1200, and tickets to the game in Anaheim were $50/seat/game - so a total of $1400 for tickets, flights and hotel. The games were on Thursday night and Saturday night, so we spent that Friday at Disney's California Adventure and Sunday at Disneyland - and came home and immediately booked our first trip to WDW.

Wow, good for him! How did he feel after (or even during) the race?
I've never done an official race, but run 5Ks quite often.

He didn't enjoy the full marathon at all, but loved the half marathon he did at Disneyland in 2017.

Due to injuries, I think that marathon was the last race Luke did actually...

You'll have to do a runDisney 5k sometime! I've loved the ones I've done! I've heard...not so great things about the Wine and Dine that just happened, but I'm thinking they probably just have some cobwebs to shake off after almost 2 years of no runDisney events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter