Something About Nothing..........#6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my ornament....THANK YOU!!!!

you can open it up and put it on your tree now if you want.
sounds like you like it!

we'll wait until everyone receives theirs before we announce what we got and who we had.

so far the following have received their ornament:

Sharon G
circelli
catrinabeach
marcie

if you not have already done so, please get your ornaments out by tomorrow

I got my ornament today - thanks to the mysterious sender as well!!! :thumbsup2 It's already lighting up the tree!

However, I say mysterious because there was nothing telling me who it was from! :confused: The return was a UPS location, but by doing some detective work and using the city and state, and going through the list from the last SAN thread of who was participating, I think I know who it was! :idea:

If you haven't sent yours yet, include a quick note inside or at least your screen name! ;)

Mac - are you going to do another chat when we announce them all like last year?

Speaking of which, what ever happened to Lori? Just thinking of her because I got my ornament from her last year. Anyone see her around on any threads these days?

Also, I sent my Christmas cards out over the last 3 days (okay, first I ran out of in, then paper, then envelopes, then stamps, then ink again! :rotfl: - it took awhile!). So anyone on last years' list should be getting them soon. I already got one card from a fellow SAN'er this year - hopefully people will enjoy mine as much as I enjoy getting them! :)

Off skiing and snowboarding tomorrow with my two oldest and their girlfriends. Matt is teaching Kristen how to snowboard; Stephen is teaching his GF how to ski! :eek: Royce and Eric drove down to Bloomington, Indiana today for another Rubik's Cube tournament. I guess I'm the designated chaperone but am stuck skiing by myself. Actually I think I'll snowboard, but still, I don't think anyone wants me around. :sad1: At least it's supposed to warm up some! I think today's high was 9, but going to actually reach the 30's tomorrow. Then 40 on Sunday, then back down to a high of 6 on Monday! :sad2:

I got my ornament today - thanks to the mysterious sender as well!!! :thumbsup2 It's already lighting up the tree!

However, I say mysterious because there was nothing telling me who it was from! :confused: The return was a UPS location, but by doing some detective work and using the city and state, and going through the list from the last SAN thread of who was participating, I think I know who it was! :idea:

If you haven't sent yours yet, include a quick note inside or at least your screen name! ;)

Mac - are you going to do another chat when we announce them all like last year?

Speaking of which, what ever happened to Lori? Just thinking of her because I got my ornament from her last year. Anyone see her around on any threads these days?

Also, I sent my Christmas cards out over the last 3 days (okay, first I ran out of in, then paper, then envelopes, then stamps, then ink again! :rotfl: - it took awhile!). So anyone on last years' list should be getting them soon. I already got one card from a fellow SAN'er this year - hopefully people will enjoy mine as much as I enjoy getting them! :)

Off skiing and snowboarding tomorrow with my two oldest and their girlfriends. Matt is teaching Kristen how to snowboard; Stephen is teaching his GF how to ski! :eek: Royce and Eric drove down to Bloomington, Indiana today for another Rubik's Cube tournament. I guess I'm the designated chaperone but am stuck skiing by myself. Actually I think I'll snowboard, but still, I don't think anyone wants me around. :sad1: At least it's supposed to warm up some! I think today's high was 9, but going to actually reach the 30's tomorrow. Then 40 on Sunday, then back down to a high of 6 on Monday! :sad2:

when you were talking about who is going to teach who something, i was expecting you to say someone in the family was going to teach you how to use that big man snowblower.......:laughing:

yes, we will do a chat on the ornament exchange once all are received.
i'll do a poll to see what is the best time for everyone to be present.

i think that is cute you played detective to figure out who had your name in the exchange.

we'll all find out soon!

btw, my card did not arrive yet..

I didn't think you could top the high school concert, but the middle school concert beat by a mile.

There was a sudden snow/ice storm and they blocked all of the roads to the school and wouldn't let those of us who had made it up the steep hill to leave.

The show went on with about 50 talented kids with impromptu solos by dads, brothers, sisters and other relatives. Incredible. Best fun. :santa: :santa:

Jazz band played with the strings instructor playing trumpet and the band leader playing flute. Luckily every year they invite back past members to play so they had a complete group. :rockband:

Chorus sang beautifully and the orchestra rounded up the evening with one of my favorites, Ice Castles. :banana:

My DD15 had been wandering around outside in the snow so when I called and told her to find a violin to play--she was like WHAT!?:charac2:

But she was glad she joined in--the kids got a standing ovation and it was an incredible night.

And Macraven, I told the guy taping in front of me to put it on You Tube so I hope he does.

And I have to give a plug for my new car, a Honda Pilot--never even spun a wheel up or down the hill.

So great after having a car that never went anywhere in the snow for the past 6 years.

My neighbor called me from her brand new Honda Odyssey stuck in the middle of the hill and was stuck again on the way back to our hill--she spent 2 hrs. just making it back home. Says she's trading it in on Monday! Good luck with that:rotfl:

when you were talking about who is going to teach who something, i was expecting you to say someone in the family was going to teach you how to use that big man snowblower.......:laughing:

btw, my card did not arrive yet..

Nope, haven't mastered that one yet! ;) But on the plus side, we haven't had snow since our snow day on Tuesday. That's 4 whole days! :thumbsup2

And I promise, your card is on the way!

Minnie - that's great that you have such wonderful concerts and enjoy them so much! Every time I go to one of those things I'm just gritting my teeth waiting for it to be over! :scared: Sounds like yours are much more fun!

And wow - that's one of the first times I've heard someone unhappy with an Odyssey. We bought ours last May, and before and since, everyone we asked with or about them told us how great they were! Haven't had any trouble with it yet, but of course it's still a "new car" so works fine!

Ornament ... Out last night ... Hope the person who gets it likes it .
Haven't gotten mine yet . Waiting for it everyday like a kid waits for :santa: . I LOVE a SUPRISE .
BTW does everyone know how hard it is to find an ornament for $5 ?:confused3 IN the NYC area .

Well very saddened by the news of the little girl in Orlando . I was in Orlando when she was reported missing . We were in WDW and USF and all I could say was I had a feeling that she was in a better place now . I just hope her mom gets what is coming to her .

Still have DH's Grammy holding on . Could be any day or weeks they just don't know but now she is in a Hospice . 24 hour nurse and all .

Going to an Adult only christmas party tonight. Looking forwared to that :banana: . Off to get the house together and get more :santa: stuff done.

Talk to everyone later .

BTW our Holiday fair in my DS school was great . We spent only 2,500 on crafts to make and made 0ver 4,700 :thumbsup2 . Looks like we will have a great carnival in the spring :thumbsup2 for the kiddies .

Ok really have to get off now .

good morning homies

it is wake up time.......no sleeping in on this saturday.....

we are missing many noses here

I'm here :)
I slept in this morning because I didn't sleep in last weekend, my schedule was too crazy last weekend :scared: Toning down the schedule this weekend.

I didn't think you could top the high school concert, but the middle school concert beat by a mile.

There was a sudden snow/ice storm and they blocked all of the roads to the school and wouldn't let those of us who had made it up the steep hill to leave.

The show went on with about 50 talented kids with impromptu solos by dads, brothers, sisters and other relatives. Incredible. Best fun. :santa: :santa:

Jazz band played with the strings instructor playing trumpet and the band leader playing flute. Luckily every year they invite back past members to play so they had a complete group. :rockband:

Chorus sang beautifully and the orchestra rounded up the evening with one of my favorites, Ice Castles. :banana:

My DD15 had been wandering around outside in the snow so when I called and told her to find a violin to play--she was like WHAT!?:charac2:

But she was glad she joined in--the kids got a standing ovation and it was an incredible night.

And Macraven, I told the guy taping in front of me to put it on You Tube so I hope he does.
minniejack, sounds like a really awesome concert! :thumbsup2 :cool1:
Did you take any pics? I would like to see some pics. If the person in front of you puts it on Youtube, put a link here. Thanks!

church news: Anyone that is in my area today, there is a special guest choir conductor and recording person that is going to teach the congregation how to be a choir(we will be singing old Christmas songs is what I'm guessing or singing the Do your own Messiah- I don't know). My family and I will be going this evening to church as usual.
My family and I will be going to the Mon eve Dec 22 Christmas eve service at my church. THe Christmas eve service used to be televised Christmas eve
late night(local Chicago area) the past couple of yrs, but I don't know if it will be televised this yr.

If anyone wants to know where I go to church, here is the website.
www.willowcreek.org

Gee, I'm posting alot this morning.
Anyways, wanted to share some pics.

Here is the new home for SANS #6 :laughing:
IMG_0204.jpg

Matthew practicing his clarinet standing up, as he needs to practice standing up. He is doing caroling with the rest of the 6th grade band at school next week.(ok, messy small living room).
Picture106.jpg

Guess who is the girl all the way on the right? Dancing the Tarantella.
Picture088.jpg

Same girl, far right. :)
Picture087.jpg

I'm the mom who keeps forgetting my camera. I love music concerts--it's the dance ones that kill me.

And my DD15 who decided for some unknown reason to quit this time last year has decided she made a big mistake and wants to restart ballet next year.:eek: :scared1: Snooze....

I told her she had to pick between ballet and tennis--my DH works all the time so I'm the only driver and I just can't do it all. We'll see what wins out--However, if she picks ballet after sending her to tennis camp I think I'll see how far a tennis racquet goes in the dark--if you get my drift.:laughing:

Gee, I'm posting alot this morning.
Anyways, wanted to share some pics.

Here is the new home for SANS #6 :laughing:
IMG_0204.jpg

Matthew practicing his clarinet standing up, as he needs to practice standing up. He is doing caroling with the rest of the 6th grade band at school next week.(ok, messy small living room).
Picture106.jpg

Guess who is the girl all the way on the right? Dancing the Tarantella.
Picture088.jpg

Same girl, far right. :)
Picture087.jpg

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I told her she had to pick between ballet and tennis--my DH works all the time so I'm the only driver and I just can't do it all. We'll see what wins out--However, if she picks ballet after sending her to tennis camp I think I'll see how far a tennis racquet goes in the dark--if you get my drift.:laughing:

you'll find it in the spring when the thaw happens.......

and then dd will get the urge to return to tennis.......:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter