Something About Nothing............ #14

Am I the only one that is getting blocked out from posting likes to posters here or posting in the threads in the past two hours??

It has taken me sometime to post likes to all until two minutes ago

I had planned to be in bed at 10 tonight so I could get a decent night sleep so I would be able to get up and be at church early tomorrow.

I think the glitch I have had recently has just now allowing me to reply to all

when issues like this occurs to me I automatically think to myself that I must have ticked someone off and on a bad girl lost

tried a few times to add to what Lynne posted as thought it was very nice

Originally I wanted to joy they “hay”
an hour ago to be Lynne before she went to bed
and wish her safe travels for her trip but got blocked on that

I know Lynne would not block me and it had to be some type of error that blocked me
just wanted to wish her and daughter safe travels before they left for their trip tonight / it Sunday morning

I try to read this thread regularly but no luck wit it until just a bit a go

i also received notice that my messages have not gone thru

My be the issue has been corrected by now as i can see my posts now are not blacked out for me

hope it stays that way

My wish is to make my september trip mid month this year
able to posts

I have been under the weather and have lacked in getting my post seen

I plan to hit up mid september this year for a week and would love to be able to see and visit with all the homies

my son is getting married in september so my fall trip will be short
who plans mis sept to be the time period to be in the homie group?

help!

So, this arrived today.

View attachment 735737

I can’t believe how fast it was. Last year they were having problems with students not getting their regalia until just a few days before graduation. They went with a new company this year.

My sister texted and told me she wants to come to graduation. I told her that a hotel room would be nearly impossible to find. All I could offer is the floor of our spare room. She is wiling to take the floor, so against my better judgement I told her she could stay with us. My niece is probably coming too. What have I gotten myself into?

Nice Charade!!

Oh it`ll be fun having family to stay, it`s lovely they want to be part of your celebrations.

Am I the only one that is getting blocked out from posting likes to posters here or posting in the threads in the past two hours??

It has taken me sometime to post likes to all until two minutes ago

I had planned to be in bed at 10 tonight so I could get a decent night sleep so I would be able to get up and be at church early tomorrow.

I think the glitch I have had recently has just now allowing me to reply to all

when issues like this occurs to me I automatically think to myself that I must have ticked someone off and on a bad girl lost

tried a few times to add to what Lynne posted as thought it was very nice

Originally I wanted to joy they “hay”
an hour ago to be Lynne before she went to bed
and wish her safe travels for her trip but got blocked on that

I know Lynne would not block me and it had to be some type of error that blocked me
just wanted to wish her and daughter safe travels before they left for their trip tonight / it Sunday morning

I try to read this thread regularly but no luck wit it until just a bit a go

i also received notice that my messages have not gone thru

My be the issue has been corrected by now as i can see my posts now are not blacked out for me

hope it stays that way

My wish is to make my september trip mid month this year
able to posts

I have been under the weather and have lacked in getting my post seen

I plan to hit up mid september this year for a week and would love to be able to see and visit with all the homies

my son is getting married in september so my fall trip will be short
who plans mis sept to be the time period to be in the homie group?

help!

I don`t get notifications if someone I have on ignore posts, but I haven`t been getting notifications for weeks for some threads I`ve posted in, I don`t get one for the San thread either.....but I can catch up, it`s not like I sit and watch the boards all day, so it`s easy to catch up as I don`t post on too many threads apart from the Uni boards, these threads, the hotel threads and if I read a trip report I`ll post on it.

I`ll miss seeing you and Keisha in September this year, would have been nice to say hello to Charade too.....but decided Christmas was going to be better for us this year. And then you`ll have your son`s wedding to look forward to!!! Have they confirmed the date now or is still being decided? That was exciting news!!

Have a great day and we`ll catch up later today......:hyper2:

A day off of decorators today, which will be nice, but we do have to empty the room they`re coming back to do this week, and finish our master bathroom of course after I changed my mind on the colour I had originally chosen. Most of it is tiled and we have two windows in it, so there`s not much to paint really, but even so, I really didn`t like the colour. But, I love the bedroom colour, it`ll go beautifully with the closets and accessories I`ve chosen.

Came down to a lovely aroma of diced beef that had been simmering overnight in the slow cooker in ale, beef stock, black pepper, garlic and a few herbs, will make it into a Scottish steak Pie later with puff pastry on the top and the meat will be in a thick gravy....lush, a real winter warmer of a dish!!!

Although weather isn`t too bad for this time of year.

Lunch will be open turkey sandwiches and breakfast will be a roll with bacon in it.

Happy Sunday and sending those that need a hug.......a great big hug.

Last edited:
Mac, I saw your post wishing me safe travels yesterday. Thank you for that. I think in the wee hours of our time zone, the boards get wonky sometimes. Sorry I did respond until now. Oh, and sending you mummy dust get well. I hope you are feeling much better today. Had to do wash and start packing last night, and I don’t check the boards late in the evening most times. More chance on a weekend, but when I’m busy in the evening, I rarely check anything in my phone. It sits charging. Seems was not Cinderella, and got the last of the wash just after midnight. And so, I’m up and packed. And how exciting Mac, a September wedding. I’m booked for 17 to 30 this year. Would be nice if we could meet up then. I think many travel sometime in September, so maybe Keisha will post who’s going to HHN this year. So any who want to meet up when same time there, it’s always a nice when a let’s get together happens.

Schumi, the winter holiday time is a great time to travel too. Weather is usually cooler, and I really like that time of year, as all is open and I love holiday decor. And color is so important, as if you don’t like it, at least can be repainted. Sounds like you are almost finished with your updating. Will be nice to have your home freshened up. Yum, always like when the kitchen makes the whole home smell delicious. Hope you did get a walk in, and hope knee is feeling good soon.

Speaking of Keisha, I hope your DH is feeling much better now. Sending mummy dust well wishes to him. And safe travels to you this week.

And so, I think little one is packed. I was in bed before her. I think she said she wants to take a shower before we leave. I am hoping if she does, it is soon. I’ve already done mine, so we will see if I see her shortly. Older one is taking us, and he won’t spend much time getting ready, as he will have time to go back to sleep before he has to get ready for the day. He will be up before little one, I’m sure. Neither are early risers, but they both do get moving when we need to be up that earlier hour. Ah, tad excited. Guess I should see if either kid is up, as have to put my empty mug away, and will give a holler to see if I get a response or two.

So for all, have that most relaxing of Sundays today. And a good morning today too.

Good Sunday morning everyone :wave:
D5DABF66-5939-4280-A580-9E62299DEE08.jpeg

EA8AEA5E-8342-4DE3-91E1-A3D9568D512B.jpeg

E9A9B515-13B6-475C-8817-EF46AFE14E90.jpeg

I agree nurses should wear the nursing cap. That’s one of my earliest memory of visiting my sister when I was 4 who was in London doing her training, I remember the cap and cape she wore over her uniform. Nurses are a special breed, and reminiscing is always nice, Tom and I love sitting at night and talking over many things we remember from both our time together and from our childhoods.
I loved wearing my cap. I remember you saying your older sister was a Nurse.

It is wonderful to reminisce about wonderful things we have experienced in our lives.

Thank you, knee is fixable thankfully…
So glad to hear the knee issue is something that will heal. Good to hear you have a good PT to help with your rehab.

Another quick stop in. I am almost done with my coding class for the week. Today was fun. I took a study break and went with dh to look at cars. He test drove 3 and then picked the one he wanted. It was a tough choice. We put a deposit down, but probably won't get the car until April. Not a bad wait.
Congratulations on the new car. Glad to hear you all were able to find what you wanted.

When did nurses stop wearing those?
Many moons ago if I remember correctly many of the Nurses in our area stopped in the 90’s. I was pretty much the only Nurse on my Unit that wore a cap.

Mac I hope you are feeling better . Congratulations to your son and his fiancé on their up coming wedding in September.

Lynne have a safe flight into Orlando. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect for the week. Low to mid 80’s in the day and low 60’s at night.
30DEAAEA-90A1-4EE0-B928-6A84BB71B91E.jpeg31510113-48BF-479D-B7D1-BDBAD20B8360.jpeg

Quiet Sunday morning here. A little overcast. Hubby is still sleeping. I have my coffee cup filled and thinking of what to do today.

Still trying to figure out what time to go to HHN in September. I liked the time I have gone the past two years. I will try to get that figured out this week.

Spoke to son last night and daughter in law has covid. It is mostly sinus. Son and grandson have tested negative so far. Praying son does not get it as he does not need this on top of everything else he is dealing with.

Going to try and get hubby out for a drive today and maybe lunch down on the Ocean. Will see what he feels like doing.

I went out to breakfast with one of my Rocket Sista’s yesterday morning, I had my favorite breakfast Eggs Benedict. Hubby does not like getting up early and this restaurant is a local favorite so have to be there when it opens to get in at 7 am. I’am a early riser so that works for me.

We then went to the big Farmers Market in Fort Pierce and had a stroll around. They had a Salsa band playing music.

I bought hubby some fresh pastries from a local bakery that sells them at the Farmers market. He likes those for breakfast on Saturday morning.

There is a lady at the farmers market who is silk screen artist. She has a home here and in Bali. All of her clothes are made in Bali at her large studio. She makes beautiful clothes and jewelry. We bought a few of her pieces.

Will see how the rest of the day unfolds.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone doing what ever makes you happy.

Last edited:
Good Sunday morning everyone :wave:
View attachment 735888

View attachment 735891

View attachment 735889

I loved wearing my cap. I remember you saying you older sister was a Nurse.

It is wonderful to reminisce about wonderful things we have experienced in our lives.

Congratulations on the new car. Glad to hear you all were able to find what you wanted.

Many moons ago if I remember correctly many of the Nurses in our area stopped in the 90’s. I was pretty much the only Nurse on my Unit that wore a cap.

Mac I hope you are feeling better . Congratulations to your son and his fiancé on their up coming wedding in September.

Lynne have a safe flight into Orlando. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect for the week. Low to mid 80’s in the day and low 60’s at night.
View attachment 735886View attachment 735887

Quiet Sunday morning here. A little overcast. Hubby is still sleeping. I have my coffee cup filled and thinking of what to do today.

Still trying to figure out what time to go to HHN in September. I liked the time I have gone the past two years. I will try to get that figured out this week.

Spoke to son last night and daughter in law has covid. It is mostly sinus. Son and grandson have tested negative so far. Praying son does not get it as he does not need this on top of everything else he is dealing with.

Going to try and get hubby out for a drive today and maybe lunch down on the Ocean. Will see what he feels like doing.

I went out to breakfast with one of my Rockit Sista’s yesterday morning, I had my favorite breakfast Eggs Benedict. Hubby does not like getting up early and this restaurant is a local favorite so have to be there when it opens to get in at 7 am. I’am a early riser so that works for me.

We then went to the big Farmers Market in Fort Pierce and had a stroll around. They had a Salsa band playing music.

I bought hubby some fresh pastries from a local bakery that sells them at the Farmers market. He likes those for breakfast on Saturday morning.

There is a lady at the farmers market who is silk screen artist. She has a home here and in Bali. All of her clothes are made in Bali at her large studio. She makes beautiful clothes and jewelry. We bought a few of her pieces.

Will see how the rest of the day unfolds.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone doing what ever makes you happy.

Oh yes, I hope your son avoids covid!! Last thing he needs right now, will keep him in my thoughts and hope your daughter in law recovers quickly too.

Farmers markets are always fun to wander around for a couple of hours.....although trying to avoid all the local produce samples they tempt you to try......lol......

The Bali products sound beautiful, people like that are always wonderful to buy from, I love something unusual that not everyone and their grandma have.

Kyle dropped in with some goodies for us this morning, he had been running and the park they went to had a Farmers Market......he dropped us off some very sweet toothed items, one was several slices of millionaires shortbread and a couple of white chocolate cookies......delicious!! I think we`ll have to try this one next month....or maybe we shouldn`t....lol.......but local products are hard to beat.

If I eat an egg.....it`ll be in Eggs Benedict! One of my favourite dishes too......

Have a lovely day Robbie......

Last edited:
Very fast ride, now waiting, with no line through security. How nice is that? Plane is already here, so he’s hoping a very uneventful flight, and a very quick one too. I know they can make it in 30 minutes, as one night flying home, we landed 35 minutes early.

Robo, nice shopping and oh no, son has the virus, and I hope he gets better soon. Mummy dust well wishes to him.

Hope all have a great day!

Cats and Mr Mac sleeping on the couch
They usually do after the have an early breakfast
lol

I am getting ready for church but have an hour before i go.

Just trying to catch up and read how all are doing today.

It looks like we might have some rain come our way this morning.

Lynne safe travels!
Just saw you are close to boarding

Just at our room now, Mac. Was annoying though we got $100 to spend on our next flight. Was great our bags were one of the first out, fast and easy pick up the rental, a quick stop for snacks and drinks at Target, then close parking space, drag bag up stairs and room ready. Very nice guy checked us in.

Now resting some before finding some late dinner. Was lucky, we stayed in the USO to pass the time as flight kept getting delayed. Was nice to have a quiet place with take whatever you want food and drink.

Fun has started. Yay!

Lynne… you have had a very long day!!
A long time to hurry and then sit around and wait for the flight

I experienced that type of flight delay when the park was closed last trip

Well you and your girl will have an early start for the parks in the morning and you will have a full day tomorrow.

Yeah was a long day, Mac, but enjoying 72 degrees out as we wait for our pizza. Lots of people here in CityWalk, and line for pizza place. But not long wait for a table. I will be up early. Little one, doubt highly. We always meet up later if I go earlier then her.

To have the temp at 72, you still win no matter what time little one meets up with you tomorrow

Good evening. I managed to get everything finished that is due tomorrow and have started working ahead in my photoshop class. I have finished next week's assignments and am halfway through the week after. I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but dh is in the process of writing a book. I had to submit a proposal for my final project, so I am going to attempt to design a book cover for him.

Oh it`ll be fun having family to stay, it`s lovely they want to be part of your celebrations.
You don't know my family. I actually wouldn't mind if my brother and SIL came to stay, but my sister and I get along best when we are far apart from each other.

I wonder if the decline in cap-wearing had anything to do with the increase of men joining the profession.

If you come the third week of the month, we can meet.

Get well wishes for your DIL and hope your son manages to avoid it.

Just at our room now, Mac. Was annoying though we got $100 to spend on our next flight.
Have a great trip Lynne. Nice that they gave you some compensation.

Going to get back to work. Speaking of work, B has applied for a part-time job on campus. I really hope she gets it. She needs work experience before going into the real world.

Charade….I can remember when you first went back to school
and now you are so close to completing

Hats off to you as you have done so well.

Good evening. I managed to get everything finished that is due tomorrow and have started working ahead in my photoshop class. I have finished next week's assignments and am halfway through the week after. I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but dh is in the process of writing a book. I had to submit a proposal for my final project, so I am going to attempt to design a book cover for him.

You don't know my family. I actually wouldn't mind if my brother and SIL came to stay, but my sister and I get along best when we are far apart from each other.

I wonder if the decline in cap-wearing had anything to do with the increase of men joining the profession.

If you come the third week of the month, we can meet.

Get well wishes for your DIL and hope your son manages to avoid it.

Have a great trip Lynne. Nice that they gave you some compensation.

Going to get back to work. Speaking of work, B has applied for a part-time job on campus. I really hope she gets it. She needs work experience before going into the real world.

True, not everyone has the same relationships with their families. One of my best friends has a very difficult sister to deal with. They`re complete opposites and although one has reason to be very grateful to the other, for example my friend had a small home built on their land for her sister, but you`d never know she was grateful. The sister used to work for the French government until Covid, so she only came home every so often, but now she has her own home completely free, she`ll never leave. My friend has the patience of a saint.

I started back on May 9, 2032. Graduation is May 12, 2023.

Forgive me for not understanding the American system. But, over here it`s usually 3 years minimum for getting a degree and graduating. Many years ago when I did my second degree it was faster as I did it through work, it took 2 years, but those things are gone now here and I`ve never heard of a degree that takes a year. Again, my knowledge of the American system is zero.

Yes, good luck to your daughter in getting a job.

The nurses cap was removed here for hygiene and comfort reasons apparently. They were feared to be a haven for bacteria. The classic uniform changed too, I`ve only ever seen nurses in scrubs now.

Me and my big mouth.

I mentioned yesterday it was so still and calm outside, the wind got back up last night and it`s quite breezy this morning, and it is cool, so I`ll be well wrapped up when we go out this morning. But, the sun will be shining.

I`m doing the school readings for an hour, then I`ll pick Tom up and we`ll go some grocery shopping and be back before the decorators leave for lunch. He`s ordered the new paint for the master bathroom and it`ll be delivered before 9 this morning. Getting there.....or so I keep telling myself!!

Going to make another steak pie for dinner tonight, such a lovely dish, and calorie free I`m told...... :rolleyes1 I`m going to make my own puff pastry again, it`s common to use store bought puff pastry as it`s easier, but going to give it a bash again.

Lunch will be turkey slices from the deli with some salad in a wrap, will throw in some hot sweet chilli sauce to sparkle than one up and breakfast is going to be toast and marmalade. And tea of course, lots of tea.

i-wGqCWh6-S.gif

cv5-S.jpg

cv86-S.jpg

Have a lovely Monday :sunny:

Forgive me for not understanding the American system. But, over here it`s usually 3 years minimum for getting a degree and graduating. Many years ago when I did my second degree it was faster as I did it through work, it took 2 years, but those things are gone now here and I`ve never heard of a degree that takes a year. Again, my knowledge of the American system is zero.
Four years is standard for an undergraduate degree. I originally started college right after high school, but dropped out after a year. That was due to a combination of things. About a year or so after B was born I enrolled at the university where dh was teaching in Miami, FL. I took classes part time for about a year and a half, then we moved to North Carolina. I didn’t enroll at the university there. Four years later we moved to Virginia. I enrolled again in 2008. I took online classes until 2011 and then dropped out again. I don’t even remember why. This past summer I decided to give it one more shot and reenrolled in online classes. At this point I was only about a year away of completion. And that is how my 4 year degree has taken 38 years to complete.

Four years is standard for an undergraduate degree. I originally started college right after high school, but dropped out after a year. That was due to a combination of things. About a year or so after B was born I enrolled at the university where dh was teaching in Miami, FL. I took classes part time for about a year and a half, then we moved to North Carolina. I didn’t enroll at the university there. Four years later we moved to Virginia. I enrolled again in 2008. I took online classes until 2011 and then dropped out again. I don’t even remember why. This past summer I decided to give it one more shot and reenrolled in online classes. At this point I was only about a year away of completion. And that is how my 4 year degree has taken 38 years to complete.

Ah that explains it. Life does alter our plans at times.

You deserve an award for perseverance. I had no idea you could do something like that, I`m sure over here if you stop during a course, you have to start from scratch again. Well after 38 years, you certainly deserve it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter