Something About Nothing............ #14

Plane delayed a bit. Map says it’s coming, taking a very wide swath around Ian. Totally understandable. woohoo, I get to sleep in my own bed tonight

Sleeping in your own bed is always good!! Yes, flights have been going a roundabout way to get here, long as you get home safely…..

We did a couple of hours of HHN, that EP was still worth it, and we are very thankful to be gifted a night outwith our ticket.

I think we have outgrown this years event……

The Pumpkin Lord has got boring……he was ok the first night but after that…….meh…….

Some of the SA are going through the motions, and it’s barely half way through the event, first time I ever felt that.

It’s unusual for us to do a ride during HHN….nice bunch of folks around us, one who recognised us from the TR‘s.

Then went to Orchids for sushi which was delicious as always and a couple of glasses of wine.

Early night for us.

Saturday…….still deciding what to do.

Last edited:
Ah should be another great weather day. Clear conditions all day, with 83 the high and no humidity. Perfect for my last day. Unlike where I’ll be landing. Rainy day, and when I land should be 51 degrees out. Told my pick up person to put a jacket in the car for me, and have that heated seat going. I never pack a jacket this time of year. Usually, I only pack shorts and T shirts. No need for jackets in the evenings here too.

In fact, the low crowds and great weather last night was, I enjoyed seeing the park mostly back to routine. Was nice they pulled it off to offer it after having to close for days. Thankful to all the TMs.

But for those staying this week here, looks like dry all week, with lots of sunshine.

So a super fun Saturday to all.

Hope Mac and Keisha got home safely, and are enjoying that being home feeling. And yep, will be nice to be back in my own bed.

As if not busy on a weekend, at 9:50 am, line for Hargrid’s is back to Suess land. Glad I got my rides in last week.

All 3 water rides and Kong were down. Some carts are not open and some don’t have food yet. Poor IOA.

Though 5 minute wait for Spidy, with a free second walk on ride, due to glitch on first ride. Nice of them. Busy 35 minutes for castle ride, and nope. But can’t ask for nicer weather. Almost cool in the shade,

Good morning everyone.

And a good afternoon from a hot and sunny but not humid Orlando. Having no humidity makes such a difference.

Perfect day here. Few rides down, usual suspects all the sites were reporting so I won’t bore you with the list.

On Kong a woman gave a man into trouble for taking a picture, he didn’t use the flash so no issue…..then she proceeded to take a picture which set him off……lol……they were yelling at each other…..then we saw they were together!!! All of us around were laughing at how ridiculous it was. I don’t speak their language so have no idea what they said, but it wasn’t all sunshine……lol……

Spider-Man went wonky on us, we waited only 10 minutes to get off, so wasn’t too bad. Parks are getting busy this afternoon but managed to do everything we wanted to do including a surprise ride on Hagrid’s thanks to a very kind and friendly TM…….there was a visit to GS on the way out thanking them sincerely.

Have to drop off some thank you gifts to certain folks today, then trying to decide if we go out to dinner or have a lazy pool night…….

Decisions……decisions…….

Happy Saturday…….:)

Greeting everyone. I am actually mostly caught up with school, so Im going to take a little time to rest today. I have completely finsined my insurance class with the exception of submitting the final draft of my paper. When the professor graded the first draft her only correction was to change one word of my paper, so I am pretty confident I will ace that assignment. I'm going to spend the next 2 weeks concentrating on photography. I have a portrait assignment for this week and our final project is due next week. I was originally going to use Universal as the subject of my final project, but obviously that didn't happen. I need to come up with a good theme and fast.
We are getting the remnants of Ian this weekend. Yesterday is was really rainy and crazy windy. Today the wind has died down and it is mostly drizzly.
Still no change on my mother's condition. I'm trying to stay distracted.

We are getting the remnants of Ian this weekend.
Same, thot I had seen the last of him but,
4F224050-C6C5-4284-9D01-338B897AF855.jpeg
Dodged rain all day here doing the necessary post trip errands.

First time in ages I’ve seen so many disappointed standby passengers last night. Few got lucky with no shows.

Surprising to see how many drainage ponds on way to airport were verging on small lakes. noticed two 417 off ramps still closed due to flooding.

Only 2 staff working actual baggage drop last night for SWA :sad2: Almost 45 min waiting in line Glad we got there a full 3 hrs early for once as crowd just continued to build.
Good luck with flight tomorrow lynne.

Carole your turn is Tuesday?

Greeting everyone. I am actually mostly caught up with school, so Im going to take a little time to rest today. I have completely finsined my insurance class with the exception of submitting the final draft of my paper. When the professor graded the first draft her only correction was to change one word of my paper, so I am pretty confident I will ace that assignment. I'm going to spend the next 2 weeks concentrating on photography. I have a portrait assignment for this week and our final project is due next week. I was originally going to use Universal as the subject of my final project, but obviously that didn't happen. I need to come up with a good theme and fast.
We are getting the remnants of Ian this weekend. Yesterday is was really rainy and crazy windy. Today the wind has died down and it is mostly drizzly.

It’s a good idea to stay distracted Charade…….

Apparently Ian is following us home next week……..

Dodged rain all day here doing the necessary post trip errands.

First time in ages I’ve seen so many disappointed standby passengers last night. Few got lucky with no shows.

Surprising to see how many drainage ponds on way to airport were verging on small lakes. noticed two 417 off ramps still closed due to flooding.

Only 2 staff working actual baggage drop last night for SWA :sad2: Almost 45 min waiting in line Glad we got there a full 3 hrs early for once as crowd just continued to build.
Good luck with flight tomorrow lynne.

Carole your turn is Tuesday?

Glad you dodged the rain Janet and welcome home…….

Yep, Tuesday for us. An extra 4 park days isn’t to be sniffed at, today was wonderful in the parks and next few days to be the same.

Sitting poolside watching Despicable Me……just enjoyed food from the Bula Bar……I often wonder how they get it so right when Islands have been poor for us last few goes…….might try their breakfast buffet before we leave though, not big on breakfast though.

More park time tomorrow…..apart from that……not a clue what we’ll do.

Universal did an amazing job of getting the parks up and running……

Back to Gru and red wine………

Glad it seems like pretty much everything is up and running again! We are arriving late tomorrow night to Dockside, hoping to Rope Drop IoA on Monday!

Yes, boats started running again yesterday, Hulk was back up and running in the afternoon which was good to see.

It was odd seeing Ripsaw Falls empty and no JP, but Bluto was about to start when we were there. They did a good job on the clear up as JP area was hit, lots of trees of course.

Hope you have an absolute blast on your trip.

Sunday is here, and time for wash, food shopping, and getting the trash out.

Still dealing with what’s left from that storm. Rainy and cool feeling day.

So hope all have that most restful and relaxing Sunday.

Morning all :wave2:

Vacation Laundry story, feel free to lol

It’s something we just don’t do, unless there is a unit in our room, as normally trips under 8-10 days & I’m an admitted over packer

Time on our hands last trip, decided why not? DVC members in studios, sans W&D, have their own laundry room to share. Front loaders vs the top loaders I’ve always used. Last two I’ve bought, the HE sort without an agitator in the middle. They use far less detergent & water

Anyhow, we just needed to request detergent from housekeeping. Was handed three mini bottles.

Can’t remember last time I’ve used liquid detergent. I’ve used the tide pods since they rolled out. Undaunted, promptly added contents of a bottle to each load.

File that under never do laundry without ur reading glasses (in order to be able to read the directions on an unfamiliar product).

Apparently, one of those tiny bottle does 2 or 3 loads.:blush:

Clothing wound up with a weird sticky feel, a coating of sorts. Didn’t realize it at the time as the mr handled stuffing the dried stuff into duffles that he transferred directly into a suitcase for trip home

It Felt so tacky upon unpacking it that I thot something had spilled in the bag. Had to wash them twice yesterday, added vinegar to the repeat loads out of frustration, to remove that feel from them

The end:dance3:

Wishing all a great Sunday. Ian still hanging around here, good day to stay indoors.

It will be continued post vaca organization after some bacon & eggs, followed by football ‘till our eyeballs fall out. Not sure if I’ll view long awaited TWD new episode tonight or not. They’ve still got me hooked on all their franchises

Morning all :wave2:

It’s something we just don’t do, unless there is a unit in our room, as normally trips under 8-10 days & I’m an admitted over packer

Time on our hands last trip, decided why not? DVC members in studios, sans W&D, have their own laundry room to share. Front loaders vs the top loaders I’ve always used. Last two I’ve bought, the HE sort without an agitator in the middle. They use far less detergent & water

Anyhow, we just needed to request detergent from housekeeping. Was handed three mini bottles.

Can’t remember last time I’ve used liquid detergent. I’ve used the tide pods since they rolled out. Undaunted, promptly added contents of a bottle to each load.

File that under never do laundry without ur reading glasses (in order to be able to read the directions on an unfamiliar product).

Apparently, one of those tiny bottle does 2 or 3 loads.:blush:

Clothing wound up with a weird sticky feel, a coating of sorts. Didn’t realize it at the time as the mr handled stuffing the dried stuff into duffles that he transferred directly into a suitcase for trip home

It Felt so tacky upon unpacking it that I thot something had spilled in the bag. Had to wash them twice yesterday, added vinegar to the repeat loads out of frustration, to remove that feel from them

The end:dance3:

Wishing all a great Sunday. Ian still hanging around here, good day to stay indoors.

It will be continued post vaca organization after some bacon & eggs, followed by football ‘till our eyeballs fall out. Not sure if I’ll view long awaited TWD new episode tonight or not. They’ve still got me hooked on all their franchises

lol……yes, they really should come with larger instructions……lol,…

We have a front loader Miele washing machine with powder and fabric softener drawers, top loaders are rare here.

Like the sound of Sunday bacon……thinking of doing one of the buffet breakfasts our last day here, they’re both excellent.

Glad you and mac got home safely……….

Another stunning day here, we are having the best weather since the hurricane left. No humidity.

Enjoyed some Studio time today, and later a couple of Rum Neuralysers from Finnegans…….old school bar staff knew the drink of old from the infamous Jim the Barman. And they continued with the good pour!

Spending the afternoon with a friend, maybe go sit outside, then lounge time, and then we’ll decide where to go for dinner tonight.

Not a bad Sunday…..:)

We have a front loader Miele washing machine with powder and fabric softener drawers, top loaders are rare here.
The two of us simultaneously looked at each other when we saw the drawers. One drawer slot did indeed say powder on it, the other fabric softener.

Let’s just say we employed the eaney-meany-miney-moe method :rolleyes1 & washer appeared to survive us just fine.

Can’t say I’ve heard of that drink, sounds like a bracing one lol

The two of us simultaneously looked at each other when we saw the drawers. One drawer slot did indeed say powder on it, the other fabric softener.

Let’s just say we employed the eaney-meany-miney-moe method :rolleyes1 & washer appeared to survive us just fine.

Can’t say I’ve heard of that drink, sounds like a bracing one lol

Yep, next time you’re in Finnegans, especially at the bar……ask for the Rum Neuraliser.

You won’t be disappointed ::yes::

Had a fun time in the lounge tonight, good crew up there.

Then went to Ale House for dinner……fun bar with good food and drinks.

Plan for more parks tomorrow…….and maybe another rum neuraliser……:love:

Uh, a Monday is here.

After that very rainy Sunday, the rain is still not done. We are happily predicted to be trying to dry out by after lunch time. Hmm, maybe no lunchtime walk for me, as too wet looking out,

But raining or not, expect to hear the trash trucks with the rain I’m hearing now,

Rain and cool week, but there’s a stretch of nice weather coming by this week’s end, so I decided that needs to be a three day weekend. And why not? That back to routine needs a shorter week. And yay, will actually be a four day weekend. Holiday Monday for me, and thus, nothing like starting October with three weeks of shorter week day routines. Woot!

But ugh, back to a way too long look of reviewing what happened the two weeks I was away.

So hope your Monday feeling day goes fast,

And ahhh, tea, hot tea. Not water from a bottle.

I blinked...and it was Monday morning and time to head into work!

Weekend flew by too fast...but had some down time, putter and cleaning time. So all in all, it was a good weekend. I have a busy week ahead. Full of appointments (I have no idea why I seem to have scheduled so many appointments this week. We also have a couple of evenings that are booked up with activities as well. Plus still not sure if the kids are coming for Thanksgiving here this coming weekend. If they are, it will be a busy evening of getting things ready for their visit. Busy Week!!!!

Today is an eye appointment. I am hoping that this might help with the headaches. If not, it's time to go to a nurse practitioner who specializes in women's health for some help. The more research I am doing, it's pointing to hormones. My regular gp isn't much help in women issues :headache: so it's off to a nurse practitioner and I will pay out of pocket if they can help.

Opps...forgot my quotes It must be Monday :rolleyes1

Holding you and your family in light and love. It's great to head that your classes are going so great!
Glad it seems like pretty much everything is up and running again! We are arriving late tomorrow night to Dockside, hoping to Rope Drop IoA on Monday!
Enjoy your park time!!!!!
LOL....that sounds exactly like something I would do!!!! Ewwww on the sticky feeling. But now you know for next time ;) I am also an over packer as well. You never know when you will need to wear this shirt or those pants/shorts/skirt!!!!
Plan for more parks tomorrow…….and maybe another rum neuraliser……:love:
Yum!!! That drink sounds delicious!!!! Enjoy your day in the parks today!!!!
But ugh, back to a way too long look of reviewing what happened the two weeks I was away.

So hope your Monday feeling day goes fast,

And ahhh, tea, hot tea. Not water from a bottle.
Welcome back to reality and Monday. I hope your tea helped you transition back from vacation mode.

Well, I should get going on the paper shuffling. It's my month end day to tie up all the loose ends and get what needs to be invoiced for September to move onto October.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Used to hate coming back to work after vacation (for many reasons lol). The mountain of to-do stuff than inevitably formed was daunting

To cure my post vaca blues, ordered a new inflatable for the front yard display. what was I thinking, it’s ginormous :hmghost:

Mac’s been missing here, hope not buried under a mountain of laundry;)

Plus still not sure if the kids are coming for Thanksgiving here this coming weekend
I had to read that twice, then realized Canada & all lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter