Something About Nothing............ #14

Lynne are you in the park?

I sent you a note and my guess it did not go through

Started to think it’s the internet in the hotel that is my issue

On a boat waiting to go. Lots of people on with me. Taco Tuesday here. Hehe, will take that taco truck picture in a few minutes.

8916874D-0544-4DB8-B728-62B29C987545.jpeg

See it is Taco Tuesday! 🌮

Very muggy and hot even though overcast. Still have my hat and sunglasses, though keep taking those shades off and on. Mac, I’m at the tables facing that lard lad donut guy.

Interesting Disney has said closed Wednesday. Universal has said nothing, though my boat captain said sometime later tonight they will be securing the boats. So I don’t mind walking, though he did say buses are available. Um, no. I’d much rather walk. Am having an early dinner in City Walk with friends. So I think I will be fine. Eh, if I need to stay in my room tomorrow, there are much more worse things in life. I have food, drink and tv and phone. I won’t be bored. I hope all the that hurricane path stay safe and hope homes are okay.

Interesting Disney has said closed Wednesday.
Nope, still open other than TLagoon &
59D10F1C-A131-4392-86DF-6392311772FB.png

We cancelled our mnsshp yesterday for tonight. In MK today it’s busy. Will leave this afternoon & grab a couple of hoagies from Publix. Did book boma for breakfast next 2 days to fuel
Up early!

Current Airport info

50909A9A-8EE0-4AD4-80DF-0292B66B45EA.png

Would like to think our very late flight out Friday will be good to go. If not, another day in paradise lol

Nope, still open other than TLagoon &
View attachment 705693

We cancelled our mnsshp yesterday for tonight. In MK today it’s busy. Will leave this afternoon & grab a couple of hoagies from Publix. Did book boma for breakfast next 2 days to fuel
Up early!

Current Airport info

View attachment 705704

Would like to think our very late flight out Friday will be good to go. If not, another day in paradise lol

I was just about to reply to your email, internet is patchy here today.

Spent the morning with the help of concierge calling VA and changing our flights out as we thought the airport would be closing. And we have our accommodation sorted here at RP too.

We now fly out next Tuesday,……….woohooo!!

But, we took the rental car back today to save us travelling tomorrow, the airport is a zoo!

Pools closing from 2pm today and will be closed Wednesday and Thursday.

Sitting in the hotel enjoying a light lunch now, it all works out in the end……..:)

Last edited:

Well...it's taco Tuesday!!!! No tacos for me today though. Might be more of a chicken burrito bowl tonight. We will see what today holds. The forecast if amazing 26C - or 80F when we would only normally get 15C or 60F. So I'll take that allllllllllllll day!

I keep checking my phone to see the weather in Orlando and area. I am hoping that all of you stay safe. Fiona certainly knocked eastern Canada out in spots.

Last night, I ran out to Costco to pick up a few things for the week. I'll be able to make due with what I have at home for the rest of the week. No grocery store stop this week. The joys of Costco!!!!

I did take Dumber out for a quick walk last night. He is getting better at walking. He's a smart dog (probably too smart) but his impulse control :rolleyes2 but they are both doing good.

Hehe, got again as I entered.
I hope that happens on our trip with the boys!!!! That will blow their minds!!!!!!!!!!! Crossing my fingers for early February - or I think we will wait until after Easter break. I won't go again when it was sooooooooooooo crazy busy. We will be planning soon...as we have expiring vouchers for flights we need to lock into place. Then the count down will be on!!!!

I could think of worse places to be stuck in and have to spend an extra day(s) :rolleyes1

But, we took the rental car back today to save us travelling tomorrow, the airport is a zoo!
Yay!!! A few extra days :cheer2:

Well, I should shuffle more papers. Our internal platform we use in seriously lagging today and is creating more frustration than usual :worried: Good thing it's almost lunch. Hopefully there will be an email from IT saying they have fixed it.

Have a great day everyone. I'll keep sending out positive vibes that everyone stays safe!

Managed to get to the laundry before the hordes descended…….

Parks now closed next two days, thought they might have announced it earlier than they did as it was no secret.

Internet has been all over the place today here. Managed to chat to Kyle, but FaceTime kept breaking up……we did get a good catch up though.

Thanks Pumpkin…….we’ll make the most of it and enjoy the extra few days once this passes. Glad you had some good weather.

Ugh SF’s internet is not even working.

Pool was closed when I got back at 3:30, all chairs were removed.

Wonder if Disney will close like Universal.

Going to City Walk to enjoy dinner, then buying what my kid wanted before I go back to hunker down.

Talked to guys leaving tonight. I said good thing to get out of dodge now.

The relocated campground here in MK parking lot. God help them if the winds pick up eek

WDW officially closed weds & Thurs

Mnsshp was ramping up As we left. No way would I be roaming outside tonight

They are issuing refunds etc for party tix now or exchanges. Assume vouchers for unused tix. U will probably do the same

Attachments

• BB952651-24D7-4BB5-9A7F-8EACD20964BD.jpeg
    BB952651-24D7-4BB5-9A7F-8EACD20964BD.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 12
Had a very nice dinner, then went to IOA, did Spiderman, Kong, Trolley, One Fish, and Cat, before leaving. Boats still running, and started raining enough, pulled out my poncho. Was sweaty in that poncho, but it did its job.

Took some pictures as I roamed:
14B3DDF6-CCE2-4467-8D7B-B0E48C93BBFA.jpeg

7CEB3078-5AE1-44E7-ADA0-C300CA1F67D6.jpeg

Yeah, why put those mobile homes in an open parking lot? Odd, to say least, when winds at the right way can make them airborne. Hope you are doing well, Keisha.

Those in the hurricane areas, please stay safe, and hope all property is okay.

Still no internet here at SF. Annoying, but at least my phone has a two bar no internet connection.

Good Tuesday evening everyone.
016D4100-D986-4A9B-8DC1-A1F2414F00C9.jpeg

in Cheddars Scratch Kitchen enjoying their famous “Painkiller“ cocktail……limited to 2 per guest…….
Drink looks good. Looks like toasted coconut and Pineapple one the glass.

Monday afternoon, would you say low crowds this time of year.
Wow…..That is a big crowd of people in Diagon Alley.

Spent the morning with the help of concierge calling VA and changing our flights out as we thought the airport would be closing. And we have our accommodation sorted here at RP too.

Good to hear you were able to get things taken care of.

Not good to have to rearrange things do to bad weather, but woot to longer vacation.

Parks now closed next two days, thought they might have announced it earlier than they did as it was no secret.
I saw that. Also saw a photo someone took of Universal disassembling the HHN food stands today

The relocated campground here in MK parking lot. God help them if the winds pick up eek

WDW officially closed weds & Thurs

Mnsshp was ramping up As we left. No way would I be roaming outside tonight

They are issuing refunds etc for party tix now or exchanges. Assume vouchers for unused tix. U will probably do the same
Those mobile trailers need straps with concrete imbedded tie down bars if winds are going to be as bad as they say. Pretty scary.

Talk to older sister and they are ready to hunker done. They have the generator ready and food and supplies. WInd is not only a concern but flooding is a a big issue with the ground being saturated with all the rain that has been going on.

Also when water ways and Creeks overflow then the reptiles that hide out in those areas are flushed out and that is a danger.

Prayers to all…….Lets pray that Ian looses strength before it makes landfall.

On another more cheerful note. I watched little J today and it was his actual 3rd birthday. His party is this weekend. We did some shopping at Target. I put him down out of the cart seat and he picked out some birthday presents. He is my little shopping buddy.

D4E98617-BACE-4316-944D-C876D18FFBEC.gif

AAE0D665-E35B-4996-A3D2-87BC74118DD9.gif

I showed him these birthday pictures and he liked them.

I brought Little J back one of the large Minion Fart Blasters in July when I was at Universal.

When I watched him last Wednesday we went on trip to Target and guess what he wanted to bring with him. He laughs and says tooted every time he fires the blaster. We merrily tooted through Target with a few raised eyebrows and lots of laughter. Always treasure spending time with my little Sweet great-nephew.

Last edited:
How sweet, Robo to spend time with J, and a very happy 3rd birthday to J.

Ugh still no internet. Oh well. What can you do. Glad Schumi got all settled to stay a few more days.

So quiet, but that’s fine with me.

Sitting in Cheddars Scratch Kitchen enjoying their famous “Painkiller“ cocktail……limited to 2 per guest…….

Gorgeous!

View attachment 705438
Lol I’ve enjoyed those sans coconut flakes. Never had a bad drink at cheddars

The rum punch at millers tonight went down well enough too. I had already sampled it, long day & all lol

Was not a fan of the new entree of dumplings & ‘tenderloin’. I know sirloin when I chew it

539C1329-CE53-4B3C-9EF0-FFADBE70AB24.jpeg
Still no internet here at SF. Annoying, but at least my phone has a two bar no internet connection.
That’s weird. I’m using my data on ATT as not a big fan of public internet due to perceived security concerns. Have solid 3 bars, thankfully.

Plan on keeping my two phone chargers fully fired up even tho I hope they have ample generators here
Also when water ways and Creeks overflow then the reptiles that had out in those areas are flushed out and that is a danger.
I couldn’t help but notice the drainage ditch on sherbeth rd was already full of water as we driving to Publix and millers. Figure the road will be covered by morning with lots of water & creepy crawlers ugh
On another more cheerful note. I watched little J today and it was his actual 3rd birthday.
That’s sweet. Fire away in the fart gun lol

sounds fine for me Lynne

I fly out on Thursday (I hope!)

Have been getting info from Delta and they changed my flight to Thursday
Not an issue except my flight leaves at 8:00 am but I was told I have to check in 3 hours prior to departure

I just called and changed my hotel pick up time to 4:15 am

Not looking forward to that time but who would..

I assume Delta will have planes on the ground early and take off on time (8:00)
??

I depart from Orlando and land in Atlanta
No idea how that airport will handle everything but they tell me always possible for delays

Atlanta is my only real concern for the flight

My connecting flight from Atlanta to Chattanooga is just a hopper and takes about 25 minutes

Mr Mac will pick me up at Chattanooga
It’s about a 20 minute drive to home then

RP easily did the add on night, of course price is higher now but I can live with it as I just want to make it back home

I am not a fan of Atlanta airport…….
It is similar to O’hare out of chicago which I was glad
to leave behind

When do you fly back home?
came back for an update
Thursday departure changed to a friday departing

who knows if a friday departure will really be a saturday

inquiring minds, wants to know… maybe…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter