Something About Nothing............ #14

lol again……we’re supposed to fly home Wednesday.
Ian has surged ahead of hermine. Fiona just finished off swamping Nova Scotia. Can’t keep up

Breakfast/Lunch/dinner :blush: at mellow mushroom, we enjoy the one in myrtle beach. We ate it all up, starving Marvins. South generally appears to have different take on pizza than me. I enjoy MM various versions. It’s a smaller site across from Sea world. Split a small Greek salad (mr cherry picked the various peppers), pizza for me, hoagie for the mr.

Moved over to AKV for next 6 nights It’s so peaceful here. Nice after the last few hectic days. Did MGM for a couple of hours, got a lot done.

Look closely the line giraffe was hiding lol
2AABBB4A-2385-40B7-BB27-E3B1E15CEA0E.jpeg

Love how the lobby looks so different from
Night to day
718F1388-3866-49F1-ABF2-64DEEBC60D90.jpeg

We called it a night. Just got back. Was an awesome tour, all 10 houses, scare zones, great lagoon water show, and enough rest and food and drink stops, to still do 4 houses for the second time.

Great view you have Keisha. Yay you’ll be here for the next week like me.

Charade, sending hugs. I’m so sorry to hear of mom’s last week. I’m glad you did cancel and got to say your final goodbye in person.

Time for bed for me. And sniff, have to take little one to go home at dinner time today. DH said he’ll pick her up. So she will return that favor of DH, and pick me up next weekend when I come home in a night flight like her.

Good night all.

Another quick update. Yesterday the nurse saw Mom and is now saying she probably has no more than a week left. My brother and I went over to see her and said our final goodbyes. I’m on my way home, but decided to stop overnight in NC.

I‘m so very sorry Charade.

That must have been a heartbreaking goodbye for all of you. I pray your mum is comfortable for her remaining time and hope it brings you some peace that you got to say goodbye.

Ian has surged ahead of hermine. Fiona just finished off swamping Nova Scotia. Can’t keep up

Breakfast/Lunch/dinner :blush: at mellow mushroom, we enjoy the one in myrtle beach. We ate it all up, starving Marvins. South generally appears to have different take on pizza than me. I enjoy MM various versions. It’s a smaller site across from Sea world. Split a small Greek salad (mr cherry picked the various peppers), pizza for me, hoagie for the mr.

Moved over to AKV for next 6 nights It’s so peaceful here. Nice after the last few hectic days. Did MGM for a couple of hours, got a lot done.

Look closely the line giraffe was hiding lol
View attachment 704890

Love how the lobby looks so different from
Night to day
View attachment 704892

lol…..yep, will worry about it next week.

Love the pictures!! That lobby looks beautiful and yes, the lobby is impressive night and day. Glad you got a lot done yesterday.

Had a man disbelieve we stayed a month last night…….had to get Club Staff to confirm that yes we don‘t just stay a week or two when we visit…….and it has been bliss being here for the month…….loved every second.

Surprised at how busy HHN is and how many nights it has been sold out so early. Very glad of EP, that’s the way to do horror nights for us when we go so often.

And still have a few days left where we have some meets with friends and a surprise ahead apparently……..I’m intrigued.

Might try and get back to sleep as it’s just too early to be up……quiet day planned today but busier plans for tonight.

Lounge opens soon, might go get some early tea……do not like the stuff in the rooms in any of the hotels, yuk…..not tea at all.

Happy Sunday :)

Had a man disbelieve we stayed a month last night…….had to get Club Staff to confirm that yes we don‘t just stay a week or two when we visit…….and it has been bliss being here for the month…….loved every second.
What sort of person questions that?:sad2:

We had a visitor this am. 993E485E-3041-4701-881F-AA8602FBBFDE.jpeg
Cute little fellow (well, unless he’s of the poisonous variety :crazy:). Hope he will move on down the road before we are back from pool lol

Aww, give him a lift back into the garden area. Hey, least not a huge spider, Keisha.

Odd, to question how long one stays. Why that would be questioned or asked is odd indeed.

Just relaxing and waiting until little one wakes up. She has to pack, then maybe whatever she wants to last do before I drop her off at dinner time. Looks to be a chance of rain in the afternoon. Will adjust as needed.

Super calm Sunday to all.

What sort of person questions that?:sad2:

We had a visitor this am. View attachment 705001
Cute little fellow (well, unless he’s of the poisonous variety :crazy:). Hope he will move on down the road before we are back from pool lol

lol…..hope he didn’t hang around too long!

It was a man in the lounge who was announcing to everyone how long he was staying, our friends Matt and Rob said oh Carole and Tom are here for a month and mentioned how long we stayed usually……he didn’t believe them, so Club staff said yes it’s true…….lol……and it wasn’t the same rude guy from the other night…….

Another odd person. There’s a lot of them about……..:rotfl:

Spent the morning with mac, it was good to catch up!! Then picked my cousin up from the airport, and now getting ready to head to SW for Sharks Grill and Howl o scream……should be fun!

Howl o Scream last night…………AMAZING!!!!!

We had such a fun filled evening there with Mr and Mrs Keisha…….what a wonderful experience and to be able to walk through a park not crammed elbow to elbow with folks was incredible, but it still had an electric atmosphere.

We got many more scares than HHN, we all agreed it’s maybe not as polished as HHN……..but, the SA on the street and in the houses were tremendous. And at many points, head and shoulders above HHN. You were able to pose with them and we all loved the blood bag girls and boys again. And the Go Go girls and boys too dancing in the bars.

Houses are fewer for sure, but they let folks through in much smaller groups so you can actually take your time and get every single scare and see so much more than you do at HHN…..and Janet and I got our fair share of scares both in and out of the houses.

We were all really impressed and for only their second year, they did amazingly well.

The “Drag Bar” was a lot of fun too. Well organised and we all enjoyed it, there were many laughs in there and drinks were decent too.

Cannot say enough how much we all loved the evening and I think we never stopped talking or laughing the whole night.

I know we crawled into bed around 12.30 last night so I know I’m up far too early again today!

Sharks Grill was excellent, food was good for all four of us and it was new to us as we had never gone to SW before so we enjoyed eating in a very different type of restaurant.

Truthfully……I think we enjoyed Howl o Scream last night more than any HHN we’ve done this year. And the company we had was the best of course…… ::yes::

Today……still to decide what we’re up to…....will think after breakfast in the Club Lounge and maybe some fizz…….🥂

A Marvelous Monday today for all.

Had some fun at HHN last night, and glad to hear Schumi and Keisha much enjoyed their SW’s horror night last night.

Just relaxing, and my fear pass expired last night. A deal enough for me, as went to 5 HHN nights. Still have a free night with my pass, so hoping not a rainy night Friday, and that should my last HHN night. Have an evening flight the day after, but should be fine, checking out in time, then having some more park fun before heading back to the airport. Today, meeting up with Patty later this morning, as she’s leaving this afternoon.

Little one said her delayed by a half hour start flight, did arrive a half hour later than planned. DH picked her up, and since she was home by 10:30 last night, I don’t expect to hear from her today until lunchtime. She does have classes today, as the university said they still allow online classes, and her first class is closer to lunchtime. So she’s taking advantage of that online learning, until an in person graduation in a few months.

But a very sunny morning for us, then clouds in the afternoon, and a chance of rain in the early evening. I never make early entry. Like have lazy starts, as I usually don’t get them on week days. Way I tend to do vacation.

And so, even though was hot feeling last night, and a bit crowded, even the Potter area was crowded too, but decided to do some rides, as rode gringott’s with about a 20 minute wait, same with mummy, and walked right on the ride as single rider on MIB. Did 4 houses with each a 30 to 35 minute wait, though by the time I left around 10:30, the houses were mostly in the 60 and 70 minute wait times. Did all the scare zones, and took breaks when I felt too hot. Like when it’s dark out in the Potter areas. As walked into Potter, heard that rumble, yep, just could not help taking those night shotsACF85E61-EAC4-4851-B150-6042CCCBF1A4.jpeg598EB00A-6613-437B-8AD9-1247CE722B71.jpeg:

sounds fine for me Lynne

I fly out on Thursday (I hope!)

Have been getting info from Delta and they changed my flight to Thursday
Not an issue except my flight leaves at 8:00 am but I was told I have to check in 3 hours prior to departure

I just called and changed my hotel pick up time to 4:15 am

Not looking forward to that time but who would..

I assume Delta will have planes on the ground early and take off on time (8:00)
??

I depart from Orlando and land in Atlanta
No idea how that airport will handle everything but they tell me always possible for delays

Atlanta is my only real concern for the flight

My connecting flight from Atlanta to Chattanooga is just a hopper and takes about 25 minutes

Mr Mac will pick me up at Chattanooga
It’s about a 20 minute drive to home then

RP easily did the add on night, of course price is higher now but I can live with it as I just want to make it back home

I am not a fan of Atlanta airport…….
It is similar to O’hare out of chicago which I was glad
to leave behind

When do you fly back home?

Good Monday afternoon everyone :wave:

B0FF6C27-09F5-4E5D-9AB7-EB84B55EA006.jpeg

Hehe, Robo, I’m like your DH, I like a good cinnamon bun too. Have fun at the fair drinking your coffee.
Enjoyed the Craft Fair. Bought some fun Halloween things.

Thanks Robbie, he’s much better now and so is the leg for me. Yes, the staff here are wonderful and have taken extra special care of us.

Glad you had such a wonderful stay and trip, I said to Tom I’m kinda looking forward to getting back to 10.30pm bedtimes once we’re home!

So good to hear you are both doing better.

Yes, it is definitely fun to getaway for vacation time, but always nice to return home to your own bed for sure.
we’re supposed to fly home Wednesday.

Hope all goes well with the flight home. Hurricane Ian is supposed to be in by Wednesday or Thursday, but as with every possible hurricane you hope it blows out or downgrades before it makes landfall.

Another quick update. Yesterday the nurse saw Mom and is now saying she probably has no more than a week left. My brother and I went over to see her and said our final goodbyes. I’m on my way home, but decided to stop overnight in NC.

Charade sending continued prayers for your mom, you and your family. Getting to say goodbye is a gift.

Beautiful view from your balcony. Enjoy the calm and the animals. Looks amazing.

We called it a night. Just got back. Was an awesome tour, all 10 houses, scare zones, great lagoon water show, and enough rest and food and drink stops, to still do 4 houses for the second time.
Great to hear the tour was a success.

Surprised at how busy HHN is and how many nights it has been sold out so early. Very glad of EP, that’s the way to do horror nights for us when we go so often.

I’am glad I came early and was able to enjoy HHN for a number of nights. It was definitely more busy this year.

It’s always amazes me how people can become competitive over the littlest things.

As long as a person is happy staying as short or as long as they want that’s all that matters.

Being happy and celebrating life is the most important thing for sure.

So glad to hear your trip has been blissful

We had a visitor this am.

That little visitor will scoot on. What amazed me is that it climbed that high for a visit on the balcony.

Photos from last night:

Great crew we had:
Nice photos Lynne of the tour group.

Sounded like a fun night. Glad to hear Seaworld had such a nice Halloween event.

Little one said her delayed by a half hour start flight, did arrive a half hour later than planned. DH picked her up, and since she was home by 10:30 last night, I don’t expect to hear from her today until lunchtime. She does have classes today, as the university said they still allow online classes, and her first class is closer to lunchtime. So she’s taking advantage of that online learning, until an in person graduation in a few months.

Lynne god to hear your little got home safe.

Sitting out on screened in porch. It is 70 degrees the sun is shining and there is a pleasant breeze.

Texted with older sister who lives in Florida yesterday evening and she said the stores had gone bonkers with people stocking up ahead of hurricane Ian. I wish people would take what they think they will need and not horde. It would work out so much better. Oh well.

I have a couple of little projects to do in the garden this afternoon.

To all the Sans family in Florida be safe and enjoy the parks and the remainder of your vacation.

sounds fine for me Lynne

I fly out on Thursday (I hope!)

Not an issue except my flight leaves at 8:00 am but I was told I have to check in 3 hours prior to departure

I just called and changed my hotel pick up time to 4:15 am

Not looking forward to that time but who would..

I assume Delta will have planes on the ground early and take off on time (8:00)
??

I depart from Orlando and land in Atlanta
No idea how that airport will handle everything but they tell me always possible for delays

Atlanta is my only real concern for the flight

My connecting flight from Atlanta to Chattanooga is just a hopper and takes about 25 minutes

Mr Mac will pick me up at Chattanooga
It’s about a 20 minute drive to home then

RP easily did the add on night, of course price is higher now but I can live with it as I just want to make it back home

I am not a fan of Atlanta airport…….
It is similar to O’hare out of chicago which I was glad
to leave behind

When do you fly back home?
I fly home Saturday night. I guess will keep watch as to my flight taking off at that time and day.

I blinked and it was almost Monday afternoon, and my morning tea is gone and the paper shuffle has commenced ::yes::

Enjoyed my weekend. I puttered, cleaned a few corners and relaxed on Saturday. Yesterday, we got out for probably our last fishing expedition for the year. Momma had fun and caught lots of fish. We even caught a couple that were big enough to keep (as we have regulations of size limits or else there would be ZERO fish left in the lakes) We had a good fish fry last night for supper.

Nothing else much to report here. Life is hum drum and rolling along. And I'm ok with that ;) . Next month will be busy again with our Thanksgiving, helping dd to paint their new place, then help them move in. So I will be a busy momma in October.

I am sending you many tight hugs as your mom transitions over.
I am glad you enjoyed it so much! I can't wait to hear all the details of it in your trip report!
And so, even though was hot feeling last night, and a bit crowded, even the Potter area was crowded too, but decided to do some rides, as rode gringott’s with about a 20 minute wait, same with mummy, and walked right on the ride as single rider on MIB. Did 4 houses with each a 30 to 35 minute wait, though by the time I left around 10:30, the houses were mostly in the 60 and 70 minute wait times. Did all the scare zones, and took breaks when I felt too hot. Like when it’s dark out in the Potter areas. As walked into Potter, heard that rumble,
OOOOOO amazing picture.
I am praying for all of you in the path of the hurricane. Hopefully it looses power. I hope your flights are not delayed too much.
Texted with older sister who lives in Florida yesterday evening and she said the stores had gone bonkers with people stocking up ahead of hurricane Ian. I wish people would take what they think they will need and not horde. It would work out so much better. Oh well.
I can't even image how people would react here to something like that. It is human nature to do exactly what they are doing - sadly others don't get enough to help them. Crossing my fingers for everyone in the path that it looses steam.

Well, I should do more shredding. I have a massive box to get through and hopefully I don't burn out the shredder lol.

Have a great day everyone!

Just for anyone interested, BGT is closed Wednesday and Thursday. Any tickets that would have been used those two days can be used up to and including 12/31/2022.

Had a nice meet up with Patty before she flew home today.

I’m really hoping my flight goes when it is scheduled.

Hope all have a good night’s sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter