Something About Nothing............ #14

Thanks Schumi. It’s always nice to get together with them. And a beautiful sunny day.

Yes, bears are a problem here so trash bins not allowed out except for pick up day. I’m happy with that as I don’t like the look of the bins out all the time either.

We do have owls here, but I haven’t been lucky enough to see one. Lots of eagles though. Have to watch our small dog. There was a video on news hour of a Yorkie an eagle was trying to grab. Thankfully eagle wasn’t successful!

Yes, I think Canada and England have alot in common too.

Ugh, we can’t open out dining room window, screen fell out and bent so last time I had it open a little bird flew in so I had to try to catch it poor thing. I was finally able to throw a towel over it and get it back outside.
We have huge picture window in living room and coupled with being on a hillside birds tend to fly into it. So now I keep shears closed, seems to work.

Time with friends is always nice.

I`ve seen some of those birds attack little dogs, yep, need to keep your eyes peeled if you have tiny dogs.

I may have switched my Aug PB res to RP. Always checking AP rates and RP just dropped. Still more than I’ve ever paid but saves $500. And this daughter hasn’t been to RP yet. Only PB. Youngest has been to both with me. Left message for TA to switch me.

I took water view. I think the T3 that gets theme park views? Last time I was in T1 and my friend had water view cross hall from me. I wasn’t impressed with her view of pool, more like palm tree view. :rolleyes:

T1 does get some nice park views on both sides of the building, but you have to be high up.

T3 for us all the way, pool/park view.

Walked this morning, 7 miles and got home before the rain hit.

Did see the police talk to a couple, they were feeding the seagulls McDonalds along the promenade this morning.......we have a terrible time with seagulls attcking folks for food/ice cream so it`s fervently discouraged for anyone to actively feed them.

They didn`t listen to the community officer who first saw them, so they came to regret that with a large fine. Tourists.

Warm sunny, rainy, torrential rain, cloud and more sun before more rain......that`s about all our weather today.

Coronation Chicken with salad today, made it up early this morning....dinner will be pork and leek sausages and roast veg......nothing fancy today I think. Going to do some baking this afternoon though......

i-3MHmgTZ-S.gif

cv17-S.jpg

cv14-S.jpg

4am here. Woke up at 3, can‘t seem to get back to sleep. Ugh. Sounds like it will be a real mix of weather for you today. Those seagulls can be awful. I saw one attack a guy in an outside restaurant patio and made off with some of his food! Good thing it was the Florida gull! Our west coast gulls are a lot larger! Like B52 bombers lol!

Yeah, I hate people feeding the animals and birds. Just gets them associated with people having food for them. Easy to get food.

Went out to throw out a little more trash, and oh so humid feeling. You could almost see the air, was that humid. At least the bird poop bombing on my car, including a perfect white circle right at eye level of the driver, should hopefully be washed off after a good downpour. ::yes::

Sue, may call for some Timmy tea or coffee. I hate waking up early, when I don’t need to be up that early.

Sparking of early, think only one more trash trucks need to go by, as heard them start just after 7:30 this morning. Now hearing that last trash truck go by. Will send the kids out to drag all the cans back when they wake up. Older one has his usual day off today.

Well guess we aren’t switching to Rp. TA checked when lines opened this morning and rate went up. She’s going to monitor now to see if it drops again. Sheesh.

Ack, Sue. I’ve only seen both my stays go much higher then I booked. I really hope to see a good discount, or at least lower then I currently have.

same here for me lynne

i booked in january and ground my teeth over the room costs as it was a high leap from my other january room costs in the past

Now that it is late June, i’m happy i booked early as prices are very high now

I blinked...and it's Monday again. I am glad it's a short week, and only a half day on Thursday to boot. I am definitely looking towards the weekend already :sail:

We had a fantastic weekend!!!! The weather was perfect...hot (but not too hot) the concert....the concert was honestly AMAZING!!!!

We watched the hockey game Friday night with appitizers, some good pub food and drinks...then when that was done, we weren't ready to call it a night yet, so we went to go see Top Gun. It was pretty good.

We got up early Saturday morning, to go see the kids and visit with them. The rest of our group were lounging in bed and wanted to head out for some shopping. We met back at the hotel early in the afternoon to head out to find a good parking spot around the venue. Our plan was to park then hit the train system to take us back to the more hip part of the city for a nice meal before the concert. We ended up finding parking extremely close to the venue at a Legion (war vets) and they were charging an amazingly low fee to use their parking lot - and they had their building open downstairs for beverages and food! So we donated generously :rotfl:to them for the amazing hospitality!!!! The boys were a little thirsty and they had good grilled burgers! And they were even open after the concert so we could wait for the traffic to die down before heading back to the hotel! We were more than happy to support a local Legion. Sadly our venues like this do not have amply parking...which in frustrating. Even using the train system can be a nightmare when 65,000 people are trying to access the venue in someway shape or form. We tried to get a limo service, but because it's wedding and grad season, there was zero availability!

We did arrive extra early to the concert - much earlier than we had planned, but we were able to line up to get merch and enough drinks/food without having to wait in extremely long lines. We had seats that were higher up but not noosebleed and didn't have to walk up or down many stairs and close to the bathrooms to boot. Considering I have never been in the venue before, the seats I picked were pretty good. It was fun to people watch when they would round the corner to see where their seats were, and knowing they had a big walk up the stairs to get to them lol.

It was a busy fun filled weekend! Both dh and I had a great weekend...and even dh stated that this was one weekend for the books!

I saw the sloth 🦥 signal.
:wave2: Make sure to not burn out and find some time for a little downtime and relaxation!
Haha that is an interesting phrase. Don’t think I’ve heard it before, sure is descriptive tho
:laughing: I'm pretty sure it's probably a regional thing. One of my good friends calls it that - I guess I have picked it up since that's what she calls it lol.
Or it’s freezer roulette time again.
I love that term!!!! I'll have to call it that when I tell youngest ds to pull some meat out of the freezer because I wasn't organized enough to pull it out before heading to work lol. Then it's a surprise what I can think of at the last minute to whip up with what he took out!
Did see the police talk to a couple, they were feeding the seagulls McDonalds along the promenade this morning.......we have a terrible time with seagulls attcking folks for food/ice cream so it`s fervently discouraged for anyone to actively feed them.

They didn`t listen to the community officer who first saw them, so they came to regret that with a large fine. Tourists.
Why do people not understand that concept! I'll never forget watching a video when someone decided to get too close to actual wild buffalo. That momma buffalo wasn't having anything to do with that....she used her horns, and that woman was a rag doll having her jeans ripped off of her. That lady was lucky that's all that happened to her! We have seen tourists do sooooooooooo many stupid things when in Banff and Jasper - which has dangerous wildlife that are LARGE!!!!!!! It is mind blowing that people can't grasp that concept!
Are there any reports surfacing in the US yet of a certain Mr Depp returning to do one or more POTC movies........ :rolleyes1
I seen one!!!! I tried to take a screenshot so I could remember where I seen it...but got interupted by a phonecall, then my newsfeed reloaded :magnify: I hope that is a VERY WORDY, VERY PUBLIC apology to JD. His character has made Disney BILLIONS!!!!
Went out to throw out a little more trash, and oh so humid feeling. You could almost see the air, was that humid. At least the bird poop bombing on my car, including a perfect white circle right at eye level of the driver, should hopefully be washed off after a good downpour. ::yes::
That happens soooo often to me too when I wash my car - or my windows as well :furious:
Now that it is late June, i’m happy i booked early as prices are very high now
It's crazy that you booked that long ago - but at least you got a great rate!

Well, I should head out for a late lunch.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

I blinked...and it's Monday again. I am glad it's a short week, and only a half day on Thursday to boot. I am definitely looking towards the weekend already :sail:

We had a fantastic weekend!!!! The weather was perfect...hot (but not too hot) the concert....the concert was honestly AMAZING!!!!

We watched the hockey game Friday night with appitizers, some good pub food and drinks...then when that was done, we weren't ready to call it a night yet, so we went to go see Top Gun. It was pretty good.

We got up early Saturday morning, to go see the kids and visit with them. The rest of our group were lounging in bed and wanted to head out for some shopping. We met back at the hotel early in the afternoon to head out to find a good parking spot around the venue. Our plan was to park then hit the train system to take us back to the more hip part of the city for a nice meal before the concert. We ended up finding parking extremely close to the venue at a Legion (war vets) and they were charging an amazingly low fee to use their parking lot - and they had their building open downstairs for beverages and food! So we donated generously :rotfl:to them for the amazing hospitality!!!! The boys were a little thirsty and they had good grilled burgers! And they were even open after the concert so we could wait for the traffic to die down before heading back to the hotel! We were more than happy to support a local Legion. Sadly our venues like this do not have amply parking...which in frustrating. Even using the train system can be a nightmare when 65,000 people are trying to access the venue in someway shape or form. We tried to get a limo service, but because it's wedding and grad season, there was zero availability!

We did arrive extra early to the concert - much earlier than we had planned, but we were able to line up to get merch and enough drinks/food without having to wait in extremely long lines. We had seats that were higher up but not noosebleed and didn't have to walk up or down many stairs and close to the bathrooms to boot. Considering I have never been in the venue before, the seats I picked were pretty good. It was fun to people watch when they would round the corner to see where their seats were, and knowing they had a big walk up the stairs to get to them lol.

It was a busy fun filled weekend! Both dh and I had a great weekend...and even dh stated that this was one weekend for the books!

:wave2: Make sure to not burn out and find some time for a little downtime and relaxation!

:laughing: I'm pretty sure it's probably a regional thing. One of my good friends calls it that - I guess I have picked it up since that's what she calls it lol.

I love that term!!!! I'll have to call it that when I tell youngest ds to pull some meat out of the freezer because I wasn't organized enough to pull it out before heading to work lol. Then it's a surprise what I can think of at the last minute to whip up with what he took out!

Why do people not understand that concept! I'll never forget watching a video when someone decided to get too close to actual wild buffalo. That momma buffalo wasn't having anything to do with that....she used her horns, and that woman was a rag doll having her jeans ripped off of her. That lady was lucky that's all that happened to her! We have seen tourists do sooooooooooo many stupid things when in Banff and Jasper - which has dangerous wildlife that are LARGE!!!!!!! It is mind blowing that people can't grasp that concept!

I seen one!!!! I tried to take a screenshot so I could remember where I seen it...but got interupted by a phonecall, then my newsfeed reloaded :magnify: I hope that is a VERY WORDY, VERY PUBLIC apology to JD. His character has made Disney BILLIONS!!!!

That happens soooo often to me too when I wash my car - or my windows as well :furious:

It's crazy that you booked that long ago - but at least you got a great rate!

Well, I should head out for a late lunch.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Glad you had such a lovely weekend with everyone. Sounds like a lot of fun with the concert and food too! Having a weekend away is always nice.

That is crazy with the buffalo!! People are clueless at times for sure and sure do some stupid things.

Oh I`m so glad it`s making mainstream news!!! I`ve been looking out for anything that would mention the rumour.

Cooked the sausages on skewers on the bbq tonight, but that was all we cooked out there, everything else, parmentier potatoes and some roast veg all done inside and very nice it was too. Butcher sausages are the best! Highly flavoured and very little fat, except what you need for taste.

Tom is already asking what`s for dinner tomorrow night???? I have no clue!! Will think about it in the morning.

Tonight we`re watching music channels on the big tv in the back........89,000 channels on tv between regular tv, cable, Netflix and every other streaming device you can think of........nothing on we want to watch.

Sipping a tonic water right now......

Cooked the sausages on skewers on the bbq tonight, but that was all we cooked out there, everything else, parmentier potatoes and some roast veg all done inside and very nice it was too. Butcher sausages are the best! Highly flavoured and very little fat, except what you need for taste.

Tom is already asking what`s for dinner tomorrow night???? I have no clue!! Will think about it in the morning.
Yum!!! Oldest ds went fly fishing on the weekend and brought home a trout. Dh and him will cook that up tonight. I am not a fan of trout, and youngest ds doesn't like any fish lol.

I did order Hello Fresh for this week, as I didn't want to spend my evening tonight grocery shopping. I did put in a small order at the grocery store to pick up those odds & ends. Doing that makes it much easier for the week. I'm also doing that for next week as well, as I don't want to waste my weeknights at the grocery store buying groceries. I have much better things to do. It's a convenience for weeks like this - not something I would do all the time.

I"m not sure what from the meal box they will make to go with the trout. It's a small one, so just a taste really for them. I might try a little bit, but it's definitely not a favorite of mine.

Another slow day today.

Yum!!! Oldest ds went fly fishing on the weekend and brought home a trout. Dh and him will cook that up tonight. I am not a fan of trout, and youngest ds doesn't like any fish lol.

I did order Hello Fresh for this week, as I didn't want to spend my evening tonight grocery shopping. I did put in a small order at the grocery store to pick up those odds & ends. Doing that makes it much easier for the week. I'm also doing that for next week as well, as I don't want to waste my weeknights at the grocery store buying groceries. I have much better things to do. It's a convenience for weeks like this - not something I would do all the time.

I"m not sure what from the meal box they will make to go with the trout. It's a small one, so just a taste really for them. I might try a little bit, but it's definitely not a favorite of mine.

Another slow day today.

I don’t think I’ve been in a grocery store at night for years! Yes, not something you want to be doing when you could be doing something better. Never used Hello Fresh over here, hope you’re happy with it.

We use one grocery store for a delivery now and again, but only for store cupboard/cleaning/toiletries, but it’s so handy when you’re busy.

We love trout! But we love most fish/seafood.

Hope rest of your day passes quickly……

Another almost bedtime here. Ended up chatting to one friend on the phone, thought she’d hibernated but we finally managed to catch up.

Still so bright outside, another windows open in the bedroom night.

Can’t believe in a month it’s time to head to Universal!
Woot!
Horrible journey.........worst part was, the village we were going to visit wasn`t worth it...........lol........
Lol not sure what that says about me but, I understand completely
Have to watch our small dog. There was a video on news hour of a Yorkie an eagle was trying to grab. Thankfully eagle wasn’t successful!
Same, it really puts a wrench in our outdoor time. It’s mostly the huge hawks we have now, that chased off the smaller red ones.

The eagle nest a few miles away was productive this season…three of them floating about Now with mom & dad. Thankfully, they mostly keep to the river valley area fishing.

there’s a perigrene falcon nest on the high level bridge where my youngest lives up river. It’s wild to see how they hunt, swoop down & snatch other birds.
we have a terrible time with seagulls attcking folks for food/ice cream so it`s fervently discouraged for anyone to actively feed them
OT we have had seagulls locally for the last decade or so on our decidedly inland river. I assume they got lost heading down from Lake Erie or up river from wherever??? They act more like pigeons to be honest
Coronation Chicken
No idea what that is, sounds fancy…Oh google….
yuck for Lynne’s bird convention party and the gifts they leave….
Hahaha I dread in another month when the berries come into season, then it’s technicolor time.
Note to self- next time I see a price drop if TA doesn’t answer I’ll book it myself. .
That’s a shame. One of the reasons I won’t use a TA for land travel. Now & again will for cruising depending on what OBC is offered.

Who am I kidding, I’m far too type A to happily relinquish control unless they make it worth my while.
Way to keep the good times rolling!
Why do people not understand that concept!
Well…

when tent camping once lakeside. (Which was new to me, had previously only camped in the mountain woods.). I thot it a kind gesture to toss out on the grass our leftover popcorn at the end of the night to the birds.

Couldn’t figure out the screeching that woke me at dawn the next AM
DF076582-7D07-466A-9769-F694999C293F.jpeg
ever wish you could just disappear For a few hours?
:blush:
I am not a fan of trout
I like the taste, it’s those wicked fine bones that put me off. first person who says they are full of calcium has to go stand in the bad girl corner. :p

Kids bought burgers when they went to the grocery store, so what are we having for dinner? Hehe, with cut up colors of peppers, just add butter and salt and pepper for both. Yum, grill to be hot, not the kitchen.

Aww, since older one is home today, made mw a grilled cheese with bacon in it. Yay, for a good sandwich lunch.

Yay, the rain has mostly left the area, and evening weather news says we are in for a beauty of a day tomorrow. Should be a full day of sun and 80 degrees. Too bad I’ll be seeing the sunrise from my office tomorrow morning.

But quiet enough night. Cut up some strawberries, as were on sale again this week. Will toss them on some ice cream, that the kids also bought today.

Monday. Yeah, it is., and very happy to read Pumpkin’s concert and time in the City was fabulous.

Lynne I had a burger too without bun! Lol. DH & DD had leftover Chinese. Was a quiet night and with the heat nobody had much of an appetite.

Pumpkin sounds like an awesome weekend! And nothing like fresh caught fish! Yum.

Schumi BBQing sausage on a skewer sounds like a great idea!

Keisha I started using a TA when I was working and mainly going to wdw. I never had the time to sit on hold booking so TA was the way to go! She is the owner and never let me down. I’m a bit of a type A too, lol. So I’m always tracking rates and let her know when I find something I like! But she has another person doing Universal so I’m using her for my Uni trips. She’s been excellent. This was the only slip. She had out of town family Sunday and was out with them. Dealing with me on another time zone I’m sure is challenging :rolleyes: When I saw the rate it was only 5:30pm for me! But 8:30 for her.
My fault, I should have just grabbed it but didn’t think it would disappear so fast. I guess I’ll just suffer at Portofino :rotfl:

Saturday I was paddling on the inlet, saw many eagles, and seals. A few times eagles have dived alongside our boat coming up with a fish in their talons. So cool. Once saw a deer swim across.
Thats a lot of birds Keisha! Yikes! Right now I have a crow making a fuss in a cedar near living room window.

Youngest popped in at 6:00 to grab her kayaks with a friend. Going out for an evening paddle. So hot today. Probably at least 10 degrees cooler on the inlet. Nice ocean breeze.

I was going to go out for an outrigger club practice tonight but I’m still recovering from Saturday :crazy2:

Tomorrow temps are supposed to drop a bit. Maybe some rain to cool things down.

I was supposed to go with a work friend to have lunch with another lady who worked with us in the school office, she’s retiring so we planed a little celebration but she just emailed us, tested positive for Covid. Ugh. So she’ll miss the big staff end of year luncheon where people leaving or retiring are recognized. Too bad.

Woot!

Lol not sure what that says about me but, I understand completely

Same, it really puts a wrench in our outdoor time. It’s mostly the huge hawks we have now, that chased off the smaller red ones.

The eagle nest a few miles away was productive this season…three of them floating about Now with mom & dad. Thankfully, they mostly keep to the river valley area fishing.

there’s a perigrene falcon nest on the high level bridge where my youngest lives up river. It’s wild to see how they hunt, swoop down & snatch other birds.

OT we have had seagulls locally for the last decade or so on our decidedly inland river. I assume they got lost heading down from Lake Erie or up river from wherever??? They act more like pigeons to be honest

No idea what that is, sounds fancy…Oh google….

Hahaha I dread in another month when the berries come into season, then it’s technicolor time.

That’s a shame. One of the reasons I won’t use a TA for land travel. Now & again will for cruising depending on what OBC is offered.

Who am I kidding, I’m far too type A to happily relinquish control unless they make it worth my while.

Way to keep the good times rolling!

Well…

when tent camping once lakeside. (Which was new to me, had previously only camped in the mountain woods.). I thot it a kind gesture to toss out on the grass our leftover popcorn at the end of the night to the birds.

Couldn’t figure out the screeching that woke me at dawn the next AM
View attachment 679776
ever wish you could just disappear For a few hours?
:blush:

I like the taste, it’s those wicked fine bones that put me off. first person who says they are full of calcium has to go stand in the bad girl corner. :p

Pigeons are nasty too, not fond of them either. Our seagulls are huge and are a real pest on all of our seaside towns, some folks will get fish and chips on the seafront and thow random chips to feed them.....before you know it the seafront does look like your Birds picture, nasty things, glad they didn`t swoop on you.

lol...I`d have been hiding too after that though!

No bad girl corner for me....I hate bones in anything and I`m maniacal when deboning a salmon fillet. Tom does the finer fish as he is meticulous too, and slightly more patient. If I get a bone.....I`m done. Till the next time......lol.....

And today is the day.........

i-bm6XP9P-S.gif

Hope you all have the best trip Janet.......have a blast and a cocktail or two for me please........🍹

Schumi BBQing sausage on a skewer sounds like a great idea!

Easier for me as I fancied a go at doing them, I never usually touch the BBQ for cooking......Tom`s domain usually, think we`ll keep it that way......

I`m up far too early this morning.........came down around 5.15 as I was wide awake and didn`t want to disturb sleeping beauty. So, made a cup of Earl Grey and slice of lemon and sat in the kitchen with the doors pulled back, but it was still a little cool for that so closed them over again.

Too early for breakfast though.....

Meeting some friends for our walk this morning, hope they don`t want to go too far.....6-7 miles will be enough for me today. We`ll stop in for a tea and coffee on the way back in one of the little cafe`s on the seafront.

Then some housework, window cleaner comes today, so want to do the insides of the downstairs ones.....takes ages, but with two of us doing them it gets done faster, glad I have a husband that`s happy to share the chores.

No idea for dinner tonight yet.......all the fish talk makes me want something like salmon or cod........didn`t plan to head to any stores today, but might just take a jaunt to the fishmongers.

cv14-S.jpg

cv94-S.jpg

cv98-S.jpg

F13579B1-4B31-4006-B76C-D7EC6BD2B869.jpegWell, Tuesday it is and fast enough commute. Quiet enough. Seems the sun is trying to move those clouds away with my view from my window today. Was kinda glad was not so bright at sunrise, as was traveling, and didn’t need my visor down, as I’m so short, it’s not much help if I’m driving due East. Which I generally am.

It’s 63 degrees out, but with the humidity, it does not feel cool at all. 80 degrees the high, so perfect weather before the heat pump weather arrives at the end of the week, with its it’s so hazy, hot and humid, giving us not only heat, but thunderstorms too.

So, be like Mac, don’t get that kitchen heated up, have a meal at Taco Bell, and enjoy a taco or two. Though, does not matter where all the homies go, but have a taco today, for a yay, it’s a Taco Tuesday.

I have only used a TA for cruises, and the one TA because they had a better rate at WDW than I could get with a military one, and half the time, the military rate is not available when I want to go. I do generally only book room with them, as my military ticket is just as cheap, and sometimes cheaper than their ticket with room. Never do with Universal, as just as easy to book a room online myself. Though have bought military tickets for family a few times, but I got an AP years ago, just for the discounts, and hey, for times where it’s just me visiting.

So, tea and week day in office Tuesday. Yep, and happy not only other homies have that shorter week, this homie does too. Thinking will be a lazy Friday for little one and me, but lazy mom, letting lazy kid go out with her friends instead. No matter, I’m still going to enjoy that longer holiday weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter