Something About Nothing............ #14

Happiest birthday to @schumigirl It looks like you had a fantastic day!!!! That dinner looked delicious!!!! :bday:

Thanks Pumpkin……food was soo good, and yes, had a lovely day.

Hope you’re doing ok……

Beautiful pictures of you and Tom
You both look so lovely and happy!

We are. It was the perfect evening, and so nice it was just us and Kyle…..nowadays it doesn’t happen very often it’s just us, so it was lovely……thank you mac…..

Last glass of champagne……then bed…….doubt we’ll walk tomorrow due to champagne intake…… :rotfl:

Yay, excellent looking birthday, Schumi. And yep, hugs from adult kids, so nice. And so happy it was shared with just your family.

Ah, a what for dinner. Thinking maybe pasta. Red sauce and fresh parmigiana bought yesterday, so I know little one will be up for such a dinner. We had chicken last night, so no one wanted chicken tonight.

Was a hot day for us too, as AC still running now. Beautiful sunny lunchtime walk.

MonyK, hope the boy is feeling better. Mummy dust well wishes to him. And hehe, diva chickens. I think my neighbor’s lone chicken had to be a robot or something, it’s been alive for many years. And they baby it more since it’s been a loner for at least a couple of years.

Ooh, I have a BOGO using one of them on the weekend before, but have another maybe use it that Thursday night? Have room?
Oh, unfortunately, not. Sorry.
One of the best birthday presents was hugging Kyle :hug:…..yep, it’s the nicest of things.
Aw that’s sweet. You look marvelous btw! Like ur hair up.

Oh well, Keisha, but I’m still touring the weekend before. With little one too. But i will go another night, even if I go solo. That was a good deal purchase last year. Though that frequent fear pass this year keeps nipping at my wallet. I would guess they could upgrade my ticket from last year. Figure I have time to decide. Though two nights may be just right amount for me anyway. 😊

Nothing like thank goodness this is Monday night, as that means this Monday is done. And ooh, Mac may be eating that Taco Bell dinner tomorrow. No need to cook in that heat she’s having.

Pasta it was, and tasty at that. Now, enjoying tea as I half listen to DH teaching his online class.

Peaceful night homies,

Charade what’s with cats attacking feet? Mine did when I was under the covers in bed!
I wish I knew. I think mine thinks he's playing, but he gets too aggressive. I have a 3 inch scar on the top of my foot from several months ago.

Aw, thanks! At HRH this trip. Will have to take a pass, planning on parks early afternoon on our tour nights Thursday & Friday
Sorry we will miss each other.

Well WFH today, boy still not feeling well but more tired than anything. still not eating much.
Hope he can get plenty of rest and will be feeling better soon.

PB&J I have never quite understood……but I detest peanut butter, so no big surprises…….love Chinese though!
PB&J is a childhood favorite. I've always loved peanut butter though.

I had a creepy night tonight. I went out to get dinner. As I was about to drive away from the restaurant the guy in the car next to me indicated that he wanted me to lower my window. I thought maybe he was going to tell me I had a headlight out or something.
Him: You look familiar. What's your name?
Me: (First name)
Him: Where are you from?
Me: Well, I grew up in Georgia.
Him: I just moved here from there. What part?
Me (trying to figure out if I know him): Um..Marietta.
Him: Yeah, Marietta.
Me: Do I know you from somewhere?
Him: Are you married?

Okay, we are done here. I raised the car window and drove away. I'm pretty certain that he didn't try to follow me, but to be on the safe side I didn't go directly home. A light had come on in my car indicating low tire pressure, so I drove to Sheetz, filled my tires, and then went home. I don't know what that was all about, but I wasn't sticking around to find out.

Last edited:
Schumi the pics are lovely! You both look very happy! Oh, I’ll happily take that beach holiday off your hands :beach:

Charade how did it go at work today? Hope you made it through ok.

Soniam good luck with meet the creature night!

Monyk how is your son doing? Hope it’s not a long flu 🤒

Starting dinner, sausages from the butcher, and I’m stir frying cabbage with bacon. Think husband is going to cook up some Chinese dumplings as well.
Turned out sun did come out this afternoon. Daughter was home today so she came along for my errands, had to go to recycling depot to recycle electronicS. I had some old tv equipment, 3 older PVR units that have been taking up space in the basement. Glad to be rid of them. Then to pharmacy to renew allergy meds, then dogs were out of cookies 😆 so had to stop at pet food store.

After dinner will go for dog walk with my friend up the lane. Tomorrow is rain ☔

Hola everyone again! I did graduate finally (whoop whoop) and currently looking for work, while also working part time.

Happy Birthday @schumigirl

All that food looks amazing. Also, Sue all that food sounds good too!

I'm glad you're okay Charade. That would have freaked me out too.

Monyk sorry to hear that news I hope your son gets better soon.

I hope you all had a good day, or might be having a good day depending on what time zone you in!

Anywho, guess this will be the first time I say night, night, homies? I can't remember, but either way, night night!

Oh and I have a confession to make Lynn and everyone I betrayed Taco Tuesday and got Taco Bell today instead.

Charade that is really creepy! I always remember the advice someone gave me years ago, if you think you’re being followed drive to a police station!
Glad he didn’t follow you. What a weird way to try to pick up someone.

Don’t matter, Dix, tacos are good any day. And certainly Monday is a good day not to cook. Yay! Glad to hear you did indeed graduate. Good luck and best wishes you find the right job for you.

‘Tis getting late, but DH till in teaching mode. Sigh.

Night light so no stubbed toes:

C1402EBC-A160-4D12-90D9-F546DE367A2F.gif

Thank you Elsa…….I have had one or two sparkly’s……

Hope you’re doing ok and so good to see you……..

Thank you my friend…….

PB&J I have never quite understood……but I detest peanut butter, so no big surprises…….love Chinese though!

Thanks Sue.

Thanks Monyk…….hope your son feels better soon.

Thank you soniam

Next year we will be there in September as it’s our 30th Wedding Anniversary, even if we have to spend 2 weeks in Barbados first……a beach holiday is our worst nightmare, but we’ll do it……always fancied Barbados though!

Hope parents evening goes well…..good call on eating first.

Had a lovely birthday…….lots of gifts and enjoyed a lovely dinner at our favourite steakhouse, just the 3 of us tonight, which is quite unusual, but loved it.

One of the best birthday presents was hugging Kyle :hug:…..yep, it’s the nicest of things.

Can’t believe though I didn’t get my oysters tonight……they had sold out.

But everything else was perfect. All 3 steaks were cooked as requested, cocktails and champagne were lovely. Now enjoying a snifter before bedtime and watching Rush Hour……

Couple of pics from tonight…….

View attachment 604576

View attachment 604579

View attachment 604577

View attachment 604578

View attachment 604575

And……just a few of the gifts I received, well, the alcohol ones…….they all know me so well……… :rotfl:

View attachment 604583

Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes and pm’s too……

Hope you’re having a lovely Monday…….

Looks like a fabulous birthday! We really loved Barbados, particularly the Mount Gay Rum tasting room :drinking1 We like looking or sitting at beaches but not really swimming on them. We do like to snorkel though, but usually from a boat.

Hola everyone again! I did graduate finally (whoop whoop) and currently looking for work, while also working part time.

Congratulations!!! What did you study?

Oh, unfortunately, not. Sorry.

Aw that’s sweet. You look marvelous btw! Like ur hair up.

Thanks......you are very kind ::yes::

I do too and it is very long right now, so I can do lots with it.

I wish I knew. I think mine thinks he's playing, but he gets too aggressive. I have a 3 inch scar on the top of my foot from several months ago.

Sorry we will miss each other.

Hope he can get plenty of rest and will be feeling better soon.

PB&J is a childhood favorite. I've always loved peanut butter though.

I had a creepy night tonight. I went out to get dinner. As I was about to drive away from the restaurant the guy in the car next to me indicated that he wanted me to lower my window. I thought maybe he was going to tell me I had a headlight out or something.
Him: You look familiar. What's your name?
Me: (First name)
Him: Where are you from?
Me: Well, I grew up in Georgia.
Him: I just moved here from there. What part?
Me (trying to figure out if I know him): Um..Marietta.
Him: Yeah, Marietta.
Me: Do I know you from somewhere?
Him: Are you married?

Okay, we are done here. I raised the car window and drove away. I'm pretty certain that he didn't try to follow me, but to be on the safe side I didn't go directly home. A light had come on in my car indicating low tire pressure, so I drove to Sheetz, filled my tires, and then went home. I don't know what that was all about, but I wasn't sticking around to find out.

That is creepy Charade....but there are a lot of creeps out there for sure!!

Schumi the pics are lovely! You both look very happy! Oh, I’ll happily take that beach holiday off your hands :beach:

Thank you Sue......oh we`d both be completely bored sitting on a beach day after day.......we love living close to the water and always have done, and in Florida we do go and spend some time at a beach, but usually no more than a couple of hours....max!

Happy Birthday @schumigirl
View attachment 604631

Thanks Disxuni.......and huge Congratulations on graduating......you must be thrilled to bits.

And all good wishes for the job search.

Looks like a fabulous birthday! We really loved Barbados, particularly the Mount Gay Rum tasting room :drinking1 We like looking or sitting at beaches but not really swimming on them. We do like to snorkel though, but usually from a boat.

I do think (thanks to Keisha) we`d quite enjoy Barbados, I don`t go in the sea, except to paddle......but we`d enjoy the rum experiences.....I`m sure of that lol....

Finally caught up and most are in bed catching zzzz
Big congratulations disxuni!
You have worked hard with school and now you are done !

Going to read a bit more and then it will be lights out for me

See you all in the morning for early shift here

I slept like a rock last night!!!

hi everybody :wave2:

popping in just before midnight to wish Carole a :bday: I'm late as usual.

View attachment 604694
love the pics of you and Tom.

oops I missed it by a minute.

Glad to see you Vicki........and thank you for the wishes and the compliments.....I take them all....... ::yes:: and love the purple cake gif!!!

Hope you`re doing ok......can`t be too long till you`re in Orlando........

@bobbie68.........I`m so sorry I didn`t reply to your PM....I accidentally deleted it with some others....but thank you, and yes, we do too.......it was good to hear from you and hope things are good with you and enjoy that pool time!

Yes, slept very late this morning after a very late night.......well late for us.

Got up around 8 and it`s a dull but warm day, but we won`t be going far, some housework and some baking I think this afternoon. Bacon for lunch today, and lots of it.

Burgers with pulled pork on top tonight, I have some Brioche buns, only time I eat a bun is if I have them. Very sweet.

i-vBLHqDw-S.gif

cv36-S.jpg

cv16-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday 😁

Good morning all! Off from work today...I'm taking the car in for semi-annual service.

I finished Chasing the Boogeyman last night...very interesting...I highly recommend it.

Have a great day!

Ah yes, a clear overnight and clear sky now, all is still so dark though. Another steamy day for us, flirting with that 90 degree mark as the high, even if clouds rule most of the day.

Metro, nice to have a day off, even if have to take car in for service. I enjoyed seeing your picture in the picture a day thread. So colorful that store is now.

Schumi, hope the birthday fun continues today, even if such a warm day for you too. Bacon? Yum, for lots of it. Oh yes, good lunch choice.

Tink, hope all is well with you and family.

Bobbie, hope feeling well, and enjoying that weather with dips in the pool.

And so, back to routine I go. Including tea, and seeing the sunrise start to brighten the day. At least saying the first two hours after sunrise will be the most clear and full sunny part of the day. Ah, Summer still here, as the humidity will still make ya think it’s more than 90 degrees today.

And before I forget, need to remind Mac a Taco Tuesday is here. Maybe that Taco Bell run like Dix did yesterday?

So that Terrific Taco Tuesday to all the homies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter