Something About Nothing............ #14

Hello all.
Charade that is more sad news. So much worry in care homes still.
Lynne hoping you wake to a clearer head.

We had weather warnings for torrential rain but woke to a nice day so we were up and out early and took some food donations to a collection point at a rectory in the next village then had a walk with Louie snd have just got home so if the rain arrives we will be stopping in now.

Parcels due today including a photo book for my brother’s birthday next week that we’ve put together from pictures from Mum and Dad’s. Hopefully my patchwork fabrics due tomorrow I can’t wait to get started.

Lots of eggs need eating as not baked this week so omelette for lunch today. Lots of cheese!

Yay, cheesy eggs, Julie. All but little one enjoy. Ended up with cereal. Easy enough. Nice to have a picture book gift. We each took our parents’ pictures from my mum’s pile of pictures. Nice to remember. Hope the fabric order comes in as scheduled.

Hehe, DH knows how to use the coffee machine, but he’s annoying little one to make him coffee, as her first class in this Spring semester is in less than 20 minutes. Hence she got moving now. To be young. 😊

Well, Pardon me (too) :stitch2:

Think there may be a virus of sorts making the rounds as to whopper of headaches and general malaise & lack of appetite (a rarity). The hubby and I were both down & out last day & a half. Trooper he is, went into work. I was under a throw on the couch with lights dimmed ugh. No migranes for either of us but from what my family reports, it seemed in the ballpark. Still not planning on doing much today, still feel bit out of sorts Anything is better than catching covid!

Robbie - oh, my goodness. That has to be so worrisome for you, hugs! Your family has surely has been hit hard by this.

This has been the snowiest January I can remember in quite a while-snow friday -enough to coat at least an inch and wicked windchills
A a southern gal, I’m going to guess that’s a lot for you. Those of from the north are thinking “bless your heart” lol.

Was in SC once over Easter and they got a freak, overnight barely there, light coating of snow. OMG, the traffic accidents there were that am on the way to services.

The virology podcast I listen to is somewhat frustrated by the press and all these claims as "fact' when it is speculation.
We live in an age with so much media saturation. People see it on tv or FB and think it must be true. Since when did people get so lazy they don’t fact check?.:confused3 Lots of people out there selling magical beans, same as it ever was

So many pundits i’ve seen wax poetic are nothing more than self-proclaimed experts in the pandemic. It’s a subjective term at best. Especially, when that sort starts making policy & being taken as serious as those directly trained & highly respected in the field.

No wonder people are all over the place on this right now. Here’s hoping the worm is going turn:wizard:

Allegiant doesn't have schedule out that far yet.
I wish Allegiant wasn’t out of Sanford & had more than two flights a week from our airport. Their prices have climbed to point where they are in SWA average rate ballpark often last few years for us. However, they really do treat military affiliated personnel right
It is the "booster" effect. I listened to podcast with vaccine gurus who said the side effects of 2nd shot MUST be communicated EFFECTIVELY or else we'd have this situation of distrust. Being honest is NOT something this admin is good at nor actually communicating well or effectively, and even top trusted guru changes his words to manipulate behavior (instead of honesty)
I cannot wait until the CDC is ramped back up into the competent & respected organization it was...tell us like it is, we are adults & can take it.
No, Kyle isn`t coming with us this year on any of the trips, he has other plans ::yes:: and hopefully they`ll all pan out too. Such uncertainty at the moment with travel. Oh yes, he enjoyed lots of flourless chocolate cake..
The 20 somethings really are takingit on the chin during the pandemic. Same as with those who were pregnant during what had to be a nerve-wracking time. Thankfully, the human spirit is so resilient. Congrats on being a (great) god-mother!
Monday again.....I gather it`s a Holiday in the US today..........
Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King
Haha, the laundry sock monster. I can’t tell you how many were eaten by that monster over the years, Julie. Yeah, tossed more than one unmatched sock too
Every house has one lol. Meanwhile, the DTD store ? Little miss-matched ? Not sure if it’s still there, selling pricey themed socks, designed to be individualized.
Keisha and I both disappointed.
Well, we were actually pretty thrilled when still the last team in league that was undefeated 11 games in, not to mention the wildcard playoff game :). However, we fell apart at crunch time, as has been our wont under coach tomlin’s reign. He consistently has issues reigning in the more boisterous players to keep them focused.
The nursing home advised her to have a do not resuscitate order.
I hope she consulted with her friends & family. It’s a such sad situation to face, especially in the accelerated situation she is facing.

Oh no, Keisha. Yeah, maybe the headache was a virus related one. Made me not hungry and nauseous when it first started. I’m still taking drugs as not feeling perfect. Part of that may be I’m tired already, from a noisy bed mate. Sending well wishes for a painless head to Mr. and Mrs. Keisha. And yeah, even our fly boys have been like that, when time to shine, don’t. Eh, always next year.

Ooh more tea. Yay! No coffee for me.

@keisha good wishes for a speedy recovery.
Does seem a lot doing the rounds.

Yes Lynne my fabric arrived! Did some cutting out then sat and sewed some pieces and just put first patch together. Of course hand sewing takes a long time but very therapeutic

75EB2EA5-59E4-4AF4-9194-A5E2553A94A4.jpeg

Had planned mussels for meal as just us three adults but delivery delayed - now due between 7 and 8pm so we had chicken enchiladas. Done quickly and over with.

So meal done and back to sewing now once I’ve found something decent to watch on tv.

We were in Washington for Martin Luther King Day 5 years ago. Have photos somewhere on my devices!

Janet.....I know I already wished you well....but you can never have too many good wishes......:)

Lynne....hope you feel completely back to normal soon.......it`s been quite the time for you with that headache........

Rain hasn`t stopped the whole day......spoke to cousins further up and they are getting it so much worse. Forecast next few days too. It`s not cold though.

So, Tom and I have helped with the deliveries for housebound and isolated people on occasion, there are more volunteers now, so we don`t do it as often. But, today I signed up for being a telephone contact. Basically you call people up, who have agreed to it, and chat to them. Some are just lonely and have no one, others are isolating and want some contact. Looking forward to it, chatting comes easy to me......::yes::

My mum has someone do the same for her, it`s from her church and she does appreciate and enjoy the calls from this lady. I will make the first call tomorrow.

Not much else happening.......ordered a new day to day teapot from Le Creuset....it`s black for a change, but it`ll fit in with my kitchen. Tom did fleetingly look as if he was going to ask how many teapots did one need....he didn`t though.....lol.....

Lazy night ahead......some tv or more likely DVD`s.

Hope everyone`s having a lovely Tuesday :wave2:

Checking in....

Sorry so late to check in, just so many stressful things going on here. Hubby and I tested NEGATIVE, which the doctor is not sure is accurate, but either way my symptoms improved so there's no need for a retest. DD is slowly getting better and she had a "mild" case. Her boyfriend's family cannot say the same. The kids are fine, with just mild symptoms and back to almost normal now, but the parents are still very sick. The father is in a larger hospital about an hour away, after being life flighted from our hospital last week. He got the plasma and is making very small improvements. It was touch and go for a while there and there are no immediate plans to send him home, he still needs a lot of care. The mom is at home and still on oxygen. It's been crazy! We've been taking care of dd and getting the family groceries and other things they need. Hoping we're at the end of this! DD is getting her smell and taste back little by little, and the stuffiness is going away.

It's so weird how sick some get and how some have a mild case! You just don't know.....

Great start Julie, and like the colors you chose. I need to get back to quilting. Maybe this summer.

Sweet the phone chats and deliveries, Schumi. Being alone can be hard for so many that used to have more personal contact with others. Heck, stir crazy too, when the normal get togethers and going out got so restricted.

Ah, dinner. Maybe pasta? Turkey sandwiches and mashed taters we’re lunch. No turkey left now.

Ok, somebody grab the paper towels, i’m Bleeding disney...just renewed two APs...out of fear that they will quit renewing them ala DL

Next person on these boards that complains about the cost of a Universal AP is going to get their ears boxed.:rolleyes2 JK, but It is, seriously, the best deal in town.
Of course hand sewing takes a long time but very therapeutic
Very nice work there. I find hand sewing very relaxing. Rarely, pull out the sewing machines. Was disappointed this weekend when i tried to hem a pair of pants that my left hand wasn’t quite ready to manipulate to hold them properly. Sooon :)
So, Tom and I have helped with the deliveries for housebound and isolated people on occasion, there are more volunteers now, so we don`t do it as often. But, today I signed up for being a telephone contact. Basically you call people up, who have agreed to it, and chat to them. Some are just lonely and have no one, others are isolating and want some contact. Looking forward to it, chatting comes easy to m
Aw, that is really nice of you both to do for people.

Hate be be “negative” but doing that dance for you! Phew
It's so weird how sick some get and how some have a mild case! You just don't know....
Indeed, i think that’s why many people don’t take it seriously...it either hasn’t visited their house or cases they see are mild. Human nature I suppose to downplay scary stuff.

Oh McK, thank you for all the updates. Happy to read you are feeling much better. Yeah, I hear as many false negatives as false positives. Sending more well thoughts to all of DD’s BF’s family. Must be even tougher when father is now so much further away. Though we do have good hospitals in our City area.

Yay?! Keisha. Glad you did renew. I think the population next to DL is so different than those around WDW, doubt WDW will do away. Raise prices, yeah I can see that before new sales.

Checking in....

Sorry so late to check in, just so many stressful things going on here. Hubby and I tested NEGATIVE, which the doctor is not sure is accurate, but either way my symptoms improved so there's no need for a retest. DD is slowly getting better and she had a "mild" case. Her boyfriend's family cannot say the same. The kids are fine, with just mild symptoms and back to almost normal now, but the parents are still very sick. The father is in a larger hospital about an hour away, after being life flighted from our hospital last week. He got the plasma and is making very small improvements. It was touch and go for a while there and there are no immediate plans to send him home, he still needs a lot of care. The mom is at home and still on oxygen. It's been crazy! We've been taking care of dd and getting the family groceries and other things they need. Hoping we're at the end of this! DD is getting her smell and taste back little by little, and the stuffiness is going away.

It's so weird how sick some get and how some have a mild case! You just don't know.....

Continued good wishes mrose....... :flower3:

Great start Julie, and like the colors you chose. I need to get back to quilting. Maybe this summer.

Sweet the phone chats and deliveries, Schumi. Being alone can be hard for so many that used to have more personal contact with others. Heck, stir crazy too, when the normal get togethers and going out got so restricted.

Ah, dinner. Maybe pasta? Turkey sandwiches and mashed taters we’re lunch. No turkey left now.

I don`t know many people on their own, not completely anyway, but there are so many it seems.

Hope you find something nice for dinner.

Ok, somebody grab the paper towels, i’m Bleeding disney...just renewed two APs...out of fear that they will quit renewing them ala DL

Next person on these boards that complains about the cost of a Universal AP is going to get their ears boxed.:rolleyes2 JK, but It is, seriously, the best deal in town.

Very nice work there. I find hand sewing very relaxing. Rarely, pull out the sewing machines. Was disappointed this weekend when i tried to hem a pair of pants that my left hand wasn’t quite ready to manipulate to hold them properly. Sooon :)

Aw, that is really nice of you both to do for people.

lol.....well done!! And yes, Universal is a fabulous deal!

It`s something small that can make a difference, so I`m looking forward to it. Folks that have been doing it say it`s very rewarding.

Your hand will be better soon, it`s tough though when you have to think whether you can do something automatically.

Ended up watching a DVD.......nothing on tv worth watching. Not sure why I ever bother looking. New show on tomorrow night we`re looking forward to called The Bay....second season.

Still raining outside........🌧

Good evening everyone.Thank you for the thoughts and well wishes for the man at my church. Just after I posted last night I got an update that he was dehydrated, had blood clots in his lungs, and had an infection that was undetermined. This morning his wife reported that he was alert and she was able to face time with him. He has been moved into the Covid unit of the hospital.

So after not having a good night’s sleep, tea is going to be plentiful this morning. While I can go back to sleep, noisy DH went to bed very early, and so in the wee hours wonders why can’t sleep. Yeah, I was trying to. Grr. But I don’t want it any other way. I am glad he is still here.
Hope you were able to get back to sleep. Sometimes that is the best thing.

Think there may be a virus of sorts making the rounds as to whopper of headaches and general malaise & lack of appetite (a rarity). The hubby and I were both down & out last day & a half. Trooper he is, went into work. I was under a throw on the couch with lights dimmed ugh. No migranes for either of us but from what my family reports, it seemed in the ballpark. Still not planning on doing much today, still feel bit out of sorts Anything is better than catching covid!
That sounds miserable. I hope you are feeling better now.

Was in SC once over Easter and they got a freak, overnight barely there, light coating of snow. OMG, the traffic accidents there were that am on the way to services.
We were in Charleston, SC once when snow was expected. It was predicted to start at 6:00 in the evening. The schools were sending the kids home early that day. They barely got a coating and it was gone by the next afternoon.

Yes Lynne my fabric arrived! Did some cutting out then sat and sewed some pieces and just put first patch together. Of course hand sewing takes a long time but very therapeutic
Looks good. I have no talent when it comes to sewing. I was just able to sew patches on B's Girl Scout vests.

So, Tom and I have helped with the deliveries for housebound and isolated people on occasion, there are more volunteers now, so we don`t do it as often. But, today I signed up for being a telephone contact. Basically you call people up, who have agreed to it, and chat to them. Some are just lonely and have no one, others are isolating and want some contact. Looking forward to it, chatting comes easy to me......
What an awesome idea. I wonder if anyone here is doing something like that.

Checking in....

Glad to hear you are negative and feeling better. Praying that your daughter'd boyfriend's family continues to improve.

Next person on these boards that complains about the cost of a Universal AP is going to get their ears boxed.
I just started looking into this and was surprised at how reasonable the AP cost is. I can get a seasonal pass for what it would cost for a 2 park, 2 day ticket. That's a no brainer for me.

Speaking of APs. I mentioned to DH tonight that I was thinking about taking a trip in October. He mentioned that if I chose a different weekend then we could both go. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was actually looking forward to a solo trip. Right now I am seriously considering October 1-4. I know it will probably be a bit more expensive, and more crowded, but I would only have to take one day off work if I went then. Who will be there at this time?

Trying to decide if I should go ahead and book a flight or wait until I actually book a room. I can get what I think is a reasonable rate right now.

Everyone sets up vacation plans differently
on what to book first.

I always book my room first as I book way in advance when room rates are lower.

My hotel costs are the most expensive part of my vacations.

I book my flights 4-5 months out as I find Delta prices are a decent deal for what I want to pay.

For my trip this month, I booked Christmas Eve and surprised the rates were low

Good evening everyone.Thank you for the thoughts and well wishes for the man at my church. Just after I posted last night I got an update that he was dehydrated, had blood clots in his lungs, and had an infection that was undetermined. This morning his wife reported that he was alert and she was able to face time with him. He has been moved into the Covid unit of the hospital.

Hope you were able to get back to sleep. Sometimes that is the best thing.

That sounds miserable. I hope you are feeling better now.

We were in Charleston, SC once when snow was expected. It was predicted to start at 6:00 in the evening. The schools were sending the kids home early that day. They barely got a coating and it was gone by the next afternoon.

Looks good. I have no talent when it comes to sewing. I was just able to sew patches on B's Girl Scout vests.

What an awesome idea. I wonder if anyone here is doing something like that.

Glad to hear you are negative and feeling better. Praying that your daughter'd boyfriend's family continues to improve.

I just started looking into this and was surprised at how reasonable the AP cost is. I can get a seasonal pass for what it would cost for a 2 park, 2 day ticket. That's a no brainer for me.

Speaking of APs. I mentioned to DH tonight that I was thinking about taking a trip in October. He mentioned that if I chose a different weekend then we could both go. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was actually looking forward to a solo trip. Right now I am seriously considering October 1-4. I know it will probably be a bit more expensive, and more crowded, but I would only have to take one day off work if I went then. Who will be there at this time?

Anytime around then is a good time to go Charade......we love September/October and yes, the AP is an easy choice.

It`s a wonderful idea with the contact. It was way back in March last year my mum began getting a call once a week from a lady. It`s now being run out by many places including the NHS where you can sign up in many ways to help. And continued good wishes to the gentleman you know and his wife too, it must be so tough for her too.

Looks like it`s still raining, but will be cloudy and dull all day but rain will ease a little.

Incredibly mild for this time of year, will be around 50F.

Absolutely no plans whatsoever for today......we`ll do some housework and I`ll get some baking in somewhere. Lasagne for dinner tonight.

Although my first call is to be around 9am this morning.......thought it was this afternoon.......but, looking forward to it.

Our books are arriving for the book group this morning.....joy. Meanwhile I`ve started reading a book called The Silent Patient, enjoying that although I`m only up to the 4th chapter. Think I`ll finish this one first, we have about 6 weeks to read The Idiot.......

Toast with home made marmalade this morning for breakfast......not made in my home, but home made all the same 😁

i-VXj3nSV-S.gif

cv2027-M.jpg

cv127-L.jpg

Happy Wednesday :thumbsup2

Last edited:
7E6AF4E0-DE8F-43C2-BF22-E562FB2260DF.jpeg

Woot! Woot! Indeed. Yay, for a mid week day already. And as a camel reminder is here, homies get over this “hump” of a day, and well a Friday will be here. Yay!

Very very dark out. But hey, a few degrees above freezing. Yeah, with wind chills in the low 20’s. Brr. And sigh. Phone says snow chances today. Place your bets: phone says 60 percent chance at 7 this morning, with a 30 percent chance at 8 am. But then, yay, a wall to wall sunny afternoon. That surely will make quick work of any snow that may fall this morning.

And so, happy feeling almost fine. Just a little wonky feeling in head when I first woke up. This too shall pass. Hoping the Keisha duo is feeling much better too. Yep, headaches are not any fun at all.

Charade, glad to hear that man seems to be in the mend now. Continued good thoughts he makes a full recovery.

Ah, Schumi in the reading mood. Well at least you get some time to read the Idiot. I think in my past I did read the book you are on now. Hope your tea has been good.

And so, that always nice cup of tea for me. Time to refill cup and seek some food. Cereal it may be, or maybe if a waffle is still around.

A wonderful, whopper of a Wednesday to all the homies. Good Morning.

( ❄️ Just no, please)

We have very heavy rain here today.

I had an order to collect again from little out of town M&S. it is only food store there but clothing orders can be delivered. Nothing exciting just new vests for both the GC as they seem to be having another growth spurt.

Some housework done and toasted Panettone eaten (last of the Christmas supply) so now I am going to sit down and do another quilt patch.

Kev has found an old movie to watch so that’s us for the next couple of hours.

Hope everyone has a good day.

View attachment 551159

Woot! Woot! Indeed. Yay, for a mid week day already. And as a camel reminder is here, homies get over this “hump” of a day, and well a Friday will be here. Yay!

Very very dark out. But hey, a few degrees above freezing. Yeah, with wind chills in the low 20’s. Brr. And sigh. Phone says snow chances today. Place your bets: phone says 60 percent chance at 7 this morning, with a 30 percent chance at 8 am. But then, yay, a wall to wall sunny afternoon. That surely will make quick work of any snow that may fall this morning.

And so, happy feeling almost fine. Just a little wonky feeling in head when I first woke up. This too shall pass. Hoping the Keisha duo is feeling much better too. Yep, headaches are not any fun at all.

Charade, glad to hear that man seems to be in the mend now. Continued good thoughts he makes a full recovery.

Ah, Schumi in the reading mood. Well at least you get some time to read the Idiot. I think in my past I did read the book you are on now. Hope your tea has been good.

And so, that always nice cup of tea for me. Time to refill cup and seek some food. Cereal it may be, or maybe if a waffle is still around.

A wonderful, whopper of a Wednesday to all the homies. Good Morning.

( ❄ Just no, please)

Hope you don`t get any snow Lynne......some places are getting it so bad right now.....and glad you`re doing better now.

That book is really good. It`ll be much better than The Idiot for sure. The Silent Patient was only published in 2019 and you`d remember it I think......

Enjoy that tea.......we have some coming on Saturday we haven`t tried yet, looking forward to trying some new tea.

We have torrential rain now, it hasn`t stopped for almost 48 hours now and not exactly near us, but there is a lot of flooding around all over.

Enjoyed the phone calls I made this morning. Got through to some lovely people, and the first lady I spoke to was originally from Scotland although had been in England for over 60 years. They were all lovely though, I really enjoyed calling everyone.

Made a few alterations to my grocery order coming tomorrow. Run out of Olive Oil and the deli we usually get it from is closed now, so will have the store bought stuff instead and a few other things we need for the store cupboard.

Wondering when the rain will stop.......☔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter