Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 515065
Ah, welcome to a Saturday, and a new month. Yay!

Yeah, so much for sleeping late.

Good Morning, Schumi. Sounds like 70’s weather is perfect. You had a very hot one yesterday. Was in the news last night, the English having a very hot Friday. We will be in the high 80’s today, as a very sunny morning, turning to clouds and sun this afternoon. No rain chances said, that is for the next couple of days.

Real, good morning to you too. Cute, all excited to play a game. Yeah, older one has an Xbox. He and little one both play on it. Sounds like some nice weather, and yay, take out for dinner tonight. Fish and chips sounds great. Not sure what dinner we are having yet.

Ah, since I am up early, remote for me, and a cup of tea. And yeah,
View attachment 515066::yes::

You are up nice and early for a Saturday!

I logged back in as I forgot to reply to a pm.......I’m having that kind of a morning.......got half way through an email and forgot I hadn’t sent it.......didn’t forget the bacon though!!

lol.....yes, it’s such a rarity for us to be that warm it makes worldwide news.......

Back to normal for us today.......

Have a lovely day Lynne.......

Thanks Schumi. Yeah, my head still likes to get up early, even if it is not a work day. Hoping to have some pool time. Pool should be warmer than the air, with this sunny morning.

And yeah, bacon is always good to eat. Saw a picture of bacon masks. Funny. Maybe bacon for us too. It is one breakfast item, that little one will eat. Eggs that I may make with it, she won’t eat. Maybe pancakes or french toast. Though I think little one bought bagels yesterday. Not sure she will share. She usually puts the smallest amount of cream cheese on it. Likes the bagel well toasted, too. Eh, kids are sound asleep. We may be doing brunch, or even lunch, by the time they both wake up.

Seems like there is a lot of that going around. Son came home Lake Michigan with this. Dr said is was poison sumac View attachment 514986

Sounds like fun. Have a great time!

Whew, storms are scary. Didnt have many storms growing up and I hate them. Lightning, thunder, wind, I have no use for them. Hubby on the other hand sits in the garage with the door open watching them.

Hope you had a relaxing day!

WOW, and I thought MS was bad.

You are one tough cookie! Hope the pain subsided quickly

Memphis got one about a year ago. Yes, we drive the 30 minutes to go there and I spend way too much money there.

That shouldnt even be a thing. Doesnt taste like bacon. Doesnt taste like turkey.

Spent about 30 minutes on hold with Universal today, to find out how much it would be to renew our passes. Dont think we are gong to renew the boys as our next few trips are going to be girl trips. Just havent figured out if the discount for renewing in full and extra 3 months is worth them not using their pass for 6 -10 months.

Have a busy weekend ahead. Son turns 21 on Monday. We were supposed to go to Vegas but that was put on hold so we are making it a birthday weekend. Hoping the weather cooperates tomorrow as they are going to take the jeeps out.

Made fish and rice for the guys, now time to go find something for me to eat. Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks @snowpack !!! Feeling much better today.
jump00
Brenda

Good evening every one. Semi productive day today. I did some laundry and later dh and I sorted some puzzle pieces. Now I'm being lazy and watching Ant Man and the Wasp.

Yes, I do. I'm just praying nothing happens to mess this one up.

Geez, I hope not. We only recently got a decent stock of TP back in our local Kroger.

Glad to hear they are behaving.

You can keep the heat. I'm counting the days until Autumn.

That bacon looks so good. Nothing like what I am used to.

This reminded me of a guy I went to high school with. His mother was the daughter of a coal miner from Kentucky. She went on to become the president of Kennesaw State University.

I don't care for the crowds either, but will make an exception if it is someone I really, really want to see. When the Monkees came to Richmond several years ago I HAD to go. I think I earned mother of the year the time I took B to see One Direction,
We don't have any of those either. Just Sam's Club.

You haven't missed anything.

I don't understand that logic either.

I'm with Real. Mayo with bacon only on a BLT.

I've never tried it, but I would think that cream cheese and jelly would compliment each other.

I have a hard time remembering who lives where. We are far enough inland that we will just get the effects of the outer bands.

I really want some Chinese food, but my favorite restaurant hasn't opened their dining room yet, and they are a little too far for take out.

That does not look good. I hope he heals quickly.

Happy birthday to him.

I could live without power windows, but AC is a must. I can remember buying a car ages ago. A friend told me that I didn't need AC, I could just lower the windows. AC is a must in Georgia.

I experienced my first hurricane the second year I lived in South Florida. I was a little freaked out and one of my coworkers kept telling me I would be fine since I lived west. (I was about 6 miles west of the ocean.) I finally had enough and asked her if the hurricane knew to stop at I95.

Looking for suggestions. I want a small bag to take to Busch Gardens, but not a waist pack. I am looking for something that can hold an IPhone XS Max that is in an Otter Box, my wallet, and maybe a small bottle of sunscreen. I usually bring a nylon cinch backpack, but it is too big. Dh and B will expect me to carry all of their stuff, and I am sick of being the pack mule.

I'll be back later with tonight's light.
Hello @Charade67 - what are the odds!!! My daughter texted us last night that they were watching Ant man and the Wasp - they couldn’t find it on Netflix or Disney.......( found it on Rogers on Demand for my fellow Ontario Disers). Fun movie.

Good morning. How is it August already?

Don`t get me wrong, wouldn`t live in Florida full time.....
I did for 6 years. I enjoyed the winter months, but the summers could be brutal.

She usually puts the smallest amount of cream cheese on it. Likes the bagel well toasted, too.
I'm with her on the well toasted part, but I usually put too much cream cheese on my bagels.

what are the odds!!! My daughter texted us last night that they were watching Ant man and the Wasp - they couldn’t find it on Netflix or Disney.......( found it on Rogers on Demand for my fellow Ontario Disers). Fun movie.
One of our cable channels was showing it. It was a funny coincidence since my daughter had just mentioned the movie when we were at dinner yesterday.

I'm thinking about braving the mall today. I'm looking for a couple of new bags (a park bag and also one to use every day) and B wants a new swimsuit. But first, breakfast.

Good luck on the hunt, Charade, and hope your mall is not too crowded.

Jump, glad you are feeling better, and ah, you are a Northern neighbor. Haven’t been in your area in some time. Yep, nights are for pleasure screen viewing for sure. Hope you are having the sunny start to the day, like us.

I think it was in the late 80's, that two criteria for a new car was that I wanted a car with power windows and AC

Oh wow, you are taking me back. My first car, a Ford Pinto, had roll up windows. I had forgotten. Back then I was in love with the Honda CRX? Those little cars that the back end looked like it was sliced off. And yep they had electric windows.

I want a small bag to take to Busch Gardens, but not a waist pack

I bought this a long time ago - very light, can wear it multiple ways and fits more than you think, tons of pockets. 515103

If you or anyone else for that matter wants something for around the waist, I have a runners belt I have never used. I will gladly give it to anyone who can use it. Liked the concept, but just wasnt practical for me.

I checked the weather channel earlier this evening and looks like storms are going to be in a lot of states.

Everyone stay safe -Maybe this thing will turn back out to sea.

Happy Birthday to one of our lovely ladies on the SAN thread

Happy Birthday Tink! Hope you enjoy your day!

A big Happy Birthday to the guy who becomes able to legally drink! Yay! 21. Good reason to celebrate, Snow.

Thanks for all the b-day wishes for my baby. Yes he will be legally drink, but he has epilepsy so he really shouldnt, something about alcohol lowering the seizure threshold. If he wants to tomorrow we arent going to stop him. His seizures arent normally tonic clonic seizures, but the more seizures he has the less likely his meds will continue to work and he wont be able to drive for a bit.

Your baby is going to be 21!
Is he your first born?

I have another son a few years older, my ravenclaw hippie.

No bacon for us this morning, cooked a one skillet potato ham egg thing. Fills the guys up and keeps them at bay for a while. I am actually going to go into a couple stores today, to look for items to decorate my son's room. Really praying there isnt a lot of people out as I am still paranoid. People around here are either really stubborn or ignorant. They just dont get it.

Forgot to share my good news. Looks like my work is not moving until late September/early October. It will not stand in the way of our anniversary trip. Hopefully 'rona wont either as hubby still is on the fence.

Have a great day everyone.

:bday: To Tink! Hope you are enjoying your birthday. Hopefully your kids will cook for you. And, hope you are not working today.

Well, I have one kid up, and one kid that will not leave her bed. Muggy out, so will be on our way soon. Hornet nest little one’s room, will soon hear a mom demand.

Yesterday afternoon made good on promise to DH to call & schedule long overdue mammo & colonoscopy. How luck was I they had a 9 am cancellation for today for the first test? They called back at 4 pm re the 2nd, I just couldn’t & let it go to voicemail lol

today celebrating middle DS Bd with dinner. Have hot sausages in crock pot, picking up a couple of doz of wings, zucchini casserole, sour cream marinated cukes, corn on cob, veggie tray & chips & dip

DiL rented out entire movie theater. It’s a New thing here, they allow 25 people & show a golden oldie of your choice

I plan on wearing a hoodie, sweats & taking both Clorox wipes & lysol spray. Yuck

I’m a little weird with eggs......I can have them in cake, baking and sauces, I’m fine with them that way.....but can’t eat a hard boiled egg for love nor money. A very occasional poached egg is my limit.......it’s all in the way the body processes food according to my consultant........
Interesting, a taste or digestive issue?
I eat any type of bacon
I just like bacon !
I hear u like
FA10E45E-FB65-47E1-9B83-BF5BCD1AC16A.jpeg
Money is a serious driver of decisions. Why the baseball head sees nothing wrong with playing ball. Sigh.
Indeed
And talking of money, the ballpark is now offering for you to look at screens of a concert from your car in their parking lot. Pay more, and you can park closer. Only time you can leave your car, is to use the port a potties. Yeah, we bought none of those money grab tickets either, no matter how many emails I got about it, or heard in the news. Money making. Yeah. Oh and saw, for now, no PIAA school and private games can have family and friends watch. That was after over 2,000 of our residents asked to do so.
I’ll say ingenious money grab via the drive in games

Piaa has made more changes, football starting late
My great grandfather died in a cave-in here.
Oh, that’s awful to hear, sorry
Occasionally a mine will open and people will explore them before they seal them up again.
At least one here is tourist attraction, pretty cool actually. They have a haunt in their wooded area for charity every year
That is dreadful about your father, far too young an age to die.
Yes, he definitely got the short end of the stick
@macraven mayo and bacon only if a BLT for me.
Same but add catsup & pickles please
love grape jelly.
I don’t get it to the point where I’d be hard pressed to discern between commercially prepared grape jelly & jam
Having a lemonade with blueberries, strawberries with lemon and limes too.....very refreshing.
Sounds delicious but, shame on you,left out the vodka hehe
Been watching the weather channel
My area will be missing the heavy storms but think a couple homies in the sans will have to deal with it.

It’s just not summer without them.

Hope all stay safe!
Three predicted landfalls.

Accuweather has upgraded their hurricane seasonal forecast Scary stuffs
peameal bacon is very lovely. Less salty and more lean.........but very flavourful. I like the standard bacon and eggs!!!
No idea what that is? We do enjoy ‘Canadian bacon’
Seems like there is a lot of that going around. Son came home Lake Michigan with this. Dr said is was poison
ow looks like he could benefit from dose of steroids
Have a busy weekend ahead. Son turns 21 on Monday. We were supposed to go to Vegas but that was put on hold so we are making it a birthday weekend. Hoping the weather cooperates tomorrow as they are going to take the jeeps out.
aw, it’s tough

You all are brave when it comes to the hurricanes!
Mac, Dave & I were all hunkered down at Universal one year Believe Lynne & Robbie at PBH. Was ahem interesting. Made me realize is not want to live in that path
could live without power windows, but AC is a must. I can remember buying a car ages ago. A friend told me that I didn't need AC, I could just lower the windows. AC is a must in Georgia.
Nothing worse than power windows that quit
I leave the thread for an hour and everyone shows up !

Came back for the porch light show presentation by charade but guess I’m too early
Ahead of ur time
Saw a picture of bacon masks. Funny. Maybe bacon for us too.
I’m getting a big ole Texas chainsaw shudder

Good morning. How is it August already?

I did for 6 years. I enjoyed the winter months, but the summers could be brutal.

I'm with her on the well toasted part, but I usually put too much cream cheese on my bagels.

One of our cable channels was showing it. It was a funny coincidence since my daughter had just mentioned the movie when we were at dinner yesterday.

I'm thinking about braving the mall today. I'm looking for a couple of new bags (a park bag and also one to use every day) and B wants a new swimsuit. But first, breakfast.

It`s funny, we know several people in Orlando and Florida who as soon as they stop working are planning to leave Florida as quick as they can. Not just the oppressive heat, but more the way the place is run and politically. I have no real knowledge of that to be honest. But, it`s a place we love to visit, but wouldn`t want to call it home, lovely as it is.

Good luck at the Mall.....hope you get what you`re looking for.....

Oh wow, you are taking me back. My first car, a Ford Pinto, had roll up windows. I had forgotten. Back then I was in love with the Honda CRX? Those little cars that the back end looked like it was sliced off. And yep they had electric windows.

I bought this a long time ago - very light, can wear it multiple ways and fits more than you think, tons of pockets. View attachment 515103

If you or anyone else for that matter wants something for around the waist, I have a runners belt I have never used. I will gladly give it to anyone who can use it. Liked the concept, but just wasnt practical for me.

Everyone stay safe -Maybe this thing will turn back out to sea.

Happy Birthday Tink! Hope you enjoy your day!

Thanks for all the b-day wishes for my baby. Yes he will be legally drink, but he has epilepsy so he really shouldnt, something about alcohol lowering the seizure threshold. If he wants to tomorrow we arent going to stop him. His seizures arent normally tonic clonic seizures, but the more seizures he has the less likely his meds will continue to work and he wont be able to drive for a bit.

No bacon for us this morning, cooked a one skillet potato ham egg thing. Fills the guys up and keeps them at bay for a while. I am actually going to go into a couple stores today, to look for items to decorate my son's room. Really praying there isnt a lot of people out as I am still paranoid. People around here are either really stubborn or ignorant. They just dont get it.

Forgot to share my good news. Looks like my work is not moving until late September/early October. It will not stand in the way of our anniversary trip. Hopefully 'rona wont either as hubby still is on the fence.

Have a great day everyone.

That is a lovely bag....and very useful!! I loved my Kipling Multiple.....held a load of stuff, wasn`t bulky and could go on every ride except the metal detector ones.....

And another good luck on the shopping!!! Hope everyone stays well apart.....in the stores on Thursday people just weren`t keeping apart....apart form maybe one or two who very politely waited till we moved away from an area, as we did with others......but there are always the ones who reach over or around you to get something......the amount of times I`ve said.....Excuse me works wonders......so rude.

Have fun though......

Yesterday afternoon made good on promise to DH to call & schedule long overdue mammo & colonoscopy. How luck was I they had a 9 am cancellation for today for the first test? They called back at 4 pm re the 2nd, I just couldn’t & let it go to voicemail lol

today celebrating middle DS Bd with dinner. Have hot sausages in crock pot, picking up a couple of doz of wings, zucchini casserole, sour cream marinated cukes, corn on cob, veggie tray & chips & dip

DiL rented out entire movie theater. It’s a New thing here, they allow 25 people & show a golden oldie of your choice

I plan on wearing a hoodie, sweats & taking both Clorox wipes & lysol spray. Yuck

Interesting, a taste or digestive issue?

I hear u like
View attachment 515143

Indeed

I’ll say ingenious money grab via the drive in games

Piaa has made more changes, football starting late

Oh, that’s awful to hear, sorry

At least one here is tourist attraction, pretty cool actually. They have a haunt in their wooded area for charity every year

Yes, he definitely got the short end of the stick

Same but add catsup & pickles please

I don’t get it to the point where I’d be hard pressed to discern between commercially prepared grape jelly & jam

Sounds delicious but, shame on you,left out the vodka hehe

Three predicted landfalls.

Accuweather has upgraded their hurricane seasonal forecast Scary stuffs

No idea what that is? We do enjoy ‘Canadian bacon’

ow looks like he could benefit from dose of steroids

aw, it’s tough

Mac, Dave & I were all hunkered down at Universal one year Believe Lynne & Robbie at PBH. Was ahem interesting. Made me realize is not want to live in that path

Nothing worse than power windows that quit

Ahead of ur time

I’m getting a big ole Texas chainsaw shudder

Now that is some eye candy bacon 😍😍😍

Now I want to watch one of his movies.....maybe Stir of Echoes.....excellent and quite scary in bits......

Hope the appointment went well this morning......nice and quick and saves waiting....

I always smile when I see you mention catsup......I had never heard of that till you had written it once years ago......always wondered if it was something weird and wonderful......lol......

Hope the boys BD celebration goes well too.......you do them proud!!! Never heard of the cinema thing either.......what`s the movie? Any chance of RHPS......lol....

oops...edit to add about eggs, yes, I can`t process the yolk well....a bit like Fibre....I eat very little of it due to a form of IBS.

Just finished our pizza`s. Although tonight`s wasn`t the nicest from them. I think they`ve changed their base and it didn`t taste in the least like pizza....a bit sponge like. But, it was ok.......

Have chips and dip and some olives for later when we decide which movie to watch.....I fancied You Don`t mess with The Zohan again.......I don`t usually find Adam Sandler funny, apart from that movie which is raucous and just funny all the way through.....but now Keisha has mentioned The Bacon........well.......

Had some rain on and off today.....heavy at times....not forecast at all, but sky right now is black as the ace of spades.......I think there`s more to come....

Red wine night tonight.......have a good one.......

Geez, I hope not. We only recently got a decent stock of TP back in our local Kroger.
I hope not too. The local grocery store was good with tp, it was just Sam's that was down to a few packages of only one type.
Glad to hear they are behaving.
Well, they're quiet so that's a start. Fingers crossed!
Looking for suggestions. I want a small bag to take to Busch Gardens, but not a waist pack. I am looking for something that can hold an IPhone XS Max that is in an Otter Box, my wallet, and maybe a small bottle of sunscreen
I have a phone case that holds some cards inside and take it everywhere now. I bought it when our arena went bagless and I needed something for the hockey games that held my credit card and ID. It looks kind of like this:
https://www.amazon.com/OT-ONETOP-Kickstand-Magnetic-Shockproof
/dp/B07WNK6QF2/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&
aaxitk=sP4NmKMH75Ef6B1C8XWpTw&hsa_cr_id=3932681730101&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_td_asin_0

I don't know if that would be helpful or not, but it sure has made it easier to go bagless for me.
mrose
So power windows on a car was what you wanted in the 80’s?
Did you get the dream car?
Sounds silly now, doesn't it? LOL! Yes, I did get a dream car of both power windows and AC. Now I buy cars that have auto start, cold weather package, and heated seats and steering wheel. LOL!
Happy Birthday to one of our lovely ladies on the SAN thread

Our mate Vicki (Tink1957)
Happy Birthday!
:bday:

Yes, turkey bacon shouldn`t be a thing.......
Or vegan bacon! What actually is that made of?!
Morning all - we were up early as J was excited to play on the x box in our holiday home! Has Nintendo at home but really wants the x box! Kev has been round the lake with the dog and on his own at his pace didn’t take long.
Have a great time!
Can I ask what you didn't like about it? I was looking at them at one time for a trip but didn't purchase.
Someone say Ravenclaw? (my Ravenclaw ears perked at that!)
Nice, have a great time!
Sour cream cukes are one of my favs for summer! I make it all the time.
There's a mine tour not far from us but I don't think they do anything special for Halloween, and some other places here that do some Halloween things with the coal mining village and the "ghost tours" of Jim Thorpe. I wanted to try the walking tour this year, but I don't know how things will be in the Fall here or if they'll have them.
I feel like if we had the means to prepare for a hurricane, like locals do, that I would've felt more prepared. But when the staff at the resort tells you to stay away from the windows, don't open the curtains in case the glass breaks, the power might go out but you can't open windows or doors if you're hot, get enough food and water for a few days.... it kinda freaks you out! LOL!

My cousin lives on the coast in SC and he had invited us up if we had to evacuate. But then Dorian changed course and he was in the path and had to evacuate. It's so crazy how everything can change in a few hours.

Not cooking tonight. Doing take out and watching hockey. Stanley Cup y'all!

J- the Pens play at 8!

Ah, huge amount of boxes out of the house, swim was lovely, and yes, as warm as the air. Now chilling with this, since little one drives.
909C9497-B69A-4F8E-B01D-3470735E4DBC.jpeg

Quite tasty as we cooled it just right. That and some chocolate chip cookies are a good appetizer serving.

Saw some deer too.

Tired.com!

Happy Birthday @tink1957 hope you’re having a good day.

@mckennarose we have some caverns not far from us you can visit that were used for mineral and precious stone mining - one you can visit in a
boat. At Christmas another holds brass band concerts in the largest cave. I’ve never been to that but would like to.

Sour cream cukes? Will have to look that up.

Not Ravenclaw for me definitely a Gryffindor.

So lucky with the weather. Grandchildren even had a play in the sea later on in the day. We’ve been isolated so long I’m not comfortable going in a busy area. We drove along the coast and so many people there we decided not to stop - crowds and long queues for a fairground.

We drove back along the coast to a quieter dunes area and were able to have a good time with a big beach area and went to collect fish and chips for our meal. Fish was excellent but chips (fries) not as good as our favourite at home. Movie night was a dvd we found here and all heading to bed now. We’re shattered but they’re still lively.

Good night - I’ll turn the light off in the morning @Charade67

Thanks Realfoodfans for the back up.

We don’t need the porch light on in the morning!

Wondering how charade is going to top last nights light.

Tink... are you watching the Braves now?
Ozuna just hit a home run..
Happy!

Hope your birthday has been great today!!!

Shopping didn't go as well as I had hoped. I found a small back pack at Target, but I once I got it home and tried it out, I decided that I really didn't like it. B asked if she could have it, so I gave it to her. She managed to find a couple of swimsuits, which wasn't easy since everything had been picked over.

One of the things I was looking for was an everyday crossbody bag. I keep getting Facebook ads for a company called Sakroots. They have a bag that I am thinking about buying.

Good luck on the hunt, Charade, and hope your mall is not too crowded.
The mall wasn't bad, but we also went to Target and there were too many people in there.

Awesome, Hope you get to take your trip.

Ah, the joys of getting older. I had to start getting both at an earlier age that usual because my mother is both a breast cancer and colon cancer survivor.

today celebrating middle DS Bd with dinner.
Happy birthday to him.

That's a cool idea. What movie?

Got some new face coverings delivered today!!!
Cool!

Someone say Ravenclaw? (my Ravenclaw ears perked at that!)
Another Ravenclaw here.

Dh is watching baseball, but it's New Your and Boston - 2 teams I care nothing about.
I'll go choose a light for tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter