Something About Nothing............ #14

Shopping didn't go as well as I had hoped. I found a small back pack at Target, but I once I got it home and tried it out, I decided that I really didn't like it. B asked if she could have it, so I gave it to her. She managed to find a couple of swimsuits, which wasn't easy since everything had been picked over.

One of the things I was looking for was an everyday crossbody bag. I keep getting Facebook ads for a company called Sakroots. They have a bag that I am thinking about buying.

The mall wasn't bad, but we also went to Target and there were too many people in there.

Awesome, Hope you get to take your trip.

Ah, the joys of getting older. I had to start getting both at an earlier age that usual because my mother is both a breast cancer and colon cancer survivor.

Happy birthday to him.

That's a cool idea. What movie?

Cool!

Another Ravenclaw here.

Dh is watching baseball, but it's New Your and Boston - 2 teams I care nothing about.
I'll go choose a light for tonight.

:wave2:

Ack, older one is having a very animated discussion with his online friends, and I need to holler to keep it down, and turn the tv down, I think I have heard enough fighting gun sounds that have been sounding for a couple of hours now. Night owl I am not, so a mom holler and then bed for next. I think I hear little one listening to whatever she is watching to turn it down or use headphones. Another mom holler.

Too bad you did not find what you wanted, but at least B got some new stuff, Charade. Did you see any Kipling bags? They are very lightweight, and crossbody ones they have many different styles of.

May your night be more peaceful than mine has been. Later homies. Be good, Sunday will be here when you wake up.

And for those homies in the Hurricane path, stay safe, and hope you have electricity and no flooding or damage, or loss of life. Hugs

And Keisha, party on, a big Happy Birthday to your DS. 🎂

Lynne
In all the times I have been with you in the parks, can’t imagine you holler to anyone!!

You always are smiling or laughing.

You are an early riser and your kids are night owls.
When they are back in college (whenever that starts again), maybe they will turn into early birds like you.

My favourite light so far and a shame to turn it off!

@Charade67 difficult to find the right bag but your daughter will enjoy it. I threw a lot out when we moved that I’d accumulated but got a bargain one BL (before lockdown) which would be ideal for the parks - I use it all the time as my dog walking bag - a perfect size for purse, phone and keys and I use the side pocket now for mask, wipes and sanitizer.

it’s a beautiful morning here and J has been up a good while to play on the x box. He’s absolutely no trouble and so happy to be with us - the stress he has going to his father now for full weekends is terrible but Emma has organised counselling for him but like everything a long wait.

Kev has been round the lake with Louie so time for more bacon!

Happy Sunday everyone and hope it’s peaceful for everyone. @Lynne G hope the rest of your night was quiet.

Ah, huge amount of boxes out of the house, swim was lovely, and yes, as warm as the air. Now chilling with this, since little one drives.
View attachment 515230

Quite tasty as we cooled it just right. That and some chocolate chip cookies are a good appetizer serving.

Saw some deer too.

Hope you enjoyed the wine Lynne.....it`s funny I never liked Rose of any kind, either red, white or sparkly.....my niece however Rose is all she drinks.....I tease her it`s sugared water.......but, each to their own......

Haven`t had a chocolate chip cookie for ages!!

Shopping didn't go as well as I had hoped. I found a small back pack at Target, but I once I got it home and tried it out, I decided that I really didn't like it. B asked if she could have it, so I gave it to her. She managed to find a couple of swimsuits, which wasn't easy since everything had been picked over.

One of the things I was looking for was an everyday crossbody bag. I keep getting Facebook ads for a company called Sakroots. They have a bag that I am thinking about buying.

The mall wasn't bad, but we also went to Target and there were too many people in there.

Awesome, Hope you get to take your trip.

Ah, the joys of getting older. I had to start getting both at an earlier age that usual because my mother is both a breast cancer and colon cancer survivor.

Absolutely got to get checked regularly, I`m always amazed at the amount of women you see on tv say they`ve never had a check or exam. Scary.

Shame the shopping didn`t work out for you today. I`m sure you`ll get something that suits you.

Ack, older one is having a very animated discussion with his online friends, and I need to holler to keep it down, and turn the tv down, I think I have heard enough fighting gun sounds that have been sounding for a couple of hours now. Night owl I am not, so a mom holler and then bed for next. I think I hear little one listening to whatever she is watching to turn it down or use headphones. Another mom holler.

Too bad you did not find what you wanted, but at least B got some new stuff, Charade. Did you see any Kipling bags? They are very lightweight, and crossbody ones they have many different styles of.

May your night be more peaceful than mine has been. Later homies. Be good, Sunday will be here when you wake up.

And for those homies in the Hurricane path, stay safe, and hope you have electricity and no flooding or damage, or loss of life. Hugs

And Keisha, party on, a big Happy Birthday to your DS. 🎂

I like Kipling bags too....I have had a few over the years and they last well. Hope you had a good sleep!!

thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone :flower3:

love the tink light charade!

Hey Vicki.......good to see you.....hope it was a good birthday for you......:wave2:

Beautiful sunny morning today......have hung some washing out and it`ll dry in not time at all as there is a little breeze. Feels fresher but so lovely.

Plan to nip down to the beach for a walk soon......doesn`t take long to walk down, maybe 10 minutes max.....or we could drive in 2 minutes!!! There`s plenty of car parks there.....but it`ll blow the cobwebs off us this morning for sure. The Kyle asked me to cut his hair again today....I`m getting quite good at that now. Tom is just the shaver over the top so that`s easy, but I was so nervous doing Kyle`s hair the first time...but he was pleased with it.

Marinated our lamb shanks overnight in red wine, rosemary garlic and so on.....Kyle complained the house reeked of garlic this morning....even upstairs!! oops....

Put the slow cooker on around 8am with some stock and they`ll simmer away all day....love them!!!

Plan to do some baking this afternoon. Although it`s lovely weather, it`s not going to be overly warm, maybe 70F. It`lll get warmer as the week goes on.

Hope Keisha`s son`s birthday celebration went well......I`m sure it was fabulous!!!

cv2200-S.png

cv2203-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday..........​

Ah, Sunday it is. And yep, I was out as fast as my light was. And did not get up until 7 today. That is a late wake up. I was tired.

Was going to hang a load of linens out, but with it looking cloudy, thought no. Good thing, a very quick downpour just passed by, and yay, no need to water the plants. Well, probably will still have to. Even the street does not sound wet. Still gray out. And still warm. As of weather for the week news last night, the hurricane will still get us wet, and wind blown. But hey, any air that comes from the South, we will be starting and having a heat wave of 90 degree days. What a nice summer week to start August. Hot and humid, with those ooh that was a nasty afternoon or evening storm, and then an ugh, it’s still muggy out.

Real, Mac and Schumi, thanks. My kids are good kids, and I can stay up late, but I am usually the first one to bed. Oh I do holler, as I guess our walls are not thin. LoL

With that, yes, I hope to be like Schumi’s cat picture, I am relaxing this Sunday morning. As our usual Sunday, it’s the get the trash out, and this Sunday, get the donated stuff out, too. Both the trash truck and the donation truck will be picking up tomorrow morning. As we don’t know exactly when the donation truck will arrive, we said morning pick up, please. But since our trash truck usually arrives by 7 am, DH and I will be online, working at least an hour before that, and the kids will be sound asleep on Monday at that hour, as no one wants to do the put out, earlier than by 7am Monday morning. So all goes to the curb this Sunday evening. And I guess many of my neighbors are not early birds either, as a normal Sunday night sound, is the rolling of trash cans to the curb.

Ah, my normal quiet Sunday morning as well. Remote in my hand, as I get to pick what the screen is playing. And yes, a cup of tea is in my hand. And a hehe, I taught my kids well, I can be quite noisy, and they don’t awake from their sleep. Yep, and our dogs were too. No getting up, until mom or dad does.

But as every Sunday means, ithe weekend is over. Yeah,
74A7616A-8ECF-4C46-8C9C-97D3947CE292.jpeg :rotfl: ::yes::

When I lived in the north, always hung clothes outside to dry
Winter times, they hung in the basement to dry

now I’m in the south, all things dry inside the house
No one has clothes lines outside in my hoa.

Lynne, what time do your kids get up?

Wondering who is on bacon duty this morning?
We are out of bacon so I know it’s not me

Have a great day homies !
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Ooh, nothing like a phone flash screen note. Excessive Heat Warning for today, 100 degree or so feeling out. Yep, mostly staying inside with the AC running day. Hehe, AC just went on again.

Ah, it is a good Sunday morning, and ooh more rain is now sounding. And it’s done raining. A quick passing shower. The good stuff, the yellow and red colored radar kind, as to the North. Hope McK is staying safe, and dry.

Hope yours is also good, less wet, and muggy.

Oh, and I fully don’t expect my kids to get up before 11 or so, Mac.

Excessive Heat Warning for today, 100 degree or so feeling out. Yep, mostly staying inside with the AC running day. Hehe, AC just went on again.
I'm getting phone notices too. The first one was a lightening warning. So far we don't have anything and it's still sunny and SUPER humid. We did get rain overnight, and was the first rain in a few days, so much needed in the garden.
The good stuff, the yellow and red colored radar kind, as to the North. Hope McK is staying safe, and dry.
It looks like it's just south of us, but we're expected to get some around 2 or 3. Just in time for the Flyers game, ugh! I'll be making tacos later, if any homies are interested! The really good, super bad for you, fried type. Can't wait! DD's boyfriend is coming, he's the big Flyers fan, and bringing adult beverages.

Everyone stay safe with all the weather related mess out there.

Ah, Sunday it is. And yep, I was out as fast as my light was. And did not get up until 7 today. That is a late wake up. I was tired.

Was going to hang a load of linens out, but with it looking cloudy, thought no. Good thing, a very quick downpour just passed by, and yay, no need to water the plants. Well, probably will still have to. Even the street does not sound wet. Still gray out. And still warm. As of weather for the week news last night, the hurricane will still get us wet, and wind blown. But hey, any air that comes from the South, we will be starting and having a heat wave of 90 degree days. What a nice summer week to start August. Hot and humid, with those ooh that was a nasty afternoon or evening storm, and then an ugh, it’s still muggy out.

Real, Mac and Schumi, thanks. My kids are good kids, and I can stay up late, but I am usually the first one to bed. Oh I do holler, as I guess our walls are not thin. LoL

With that, yes, I hope to be like Schumi’s cat picture, I am relaxing this Sunday morning. As our usual Sunday, it’s the get the trash out, and this Sunday, get the donated stuff out, too. Both the trash truck and the donation truck will be picking up tomorrow morning. As we don’t know exactly when the donation truck will arrive, we said morning pick up, please. But since our trash truck usually arrives by 7 am, DH and I will be online, working at least an hour before that, and the kids will be sound asleep on Monday at that hour, as no one wants to do the put out, earlier than by 7am Monday morning. So all goes to the curb this Sunday evening. And I guess many of my neighbors are not early birds either, as a normal Sunday night sound, is the rolling of trash cans to the curb.

Ah, my normal quiet Sunday morning as well. Remote in my hand, as I get to pick what the screen is playing. And yes, a cup of tea is in my hand. And a hehe, I taught my kids well, I can be quite noisy, and they don’t awake from their sleep. Yep, and our dogs were too. No getting up, until mom or dad does.

But as every Sunday means, ithe weekend is over. Yeah,
View attachment 515301 :rotfl: ::yes::

We had to stop leaving charity donations at the end of our property for pick up as there were so many fake vans who collected the bags and then went on to sell the stuff for their own profits going around......hardly anyone leaves donations out here now.

We take everything straight to the Charity store of our choice.....we try to vary it between three or four we favour.

Glad you slept well Lynne.......

Lynne, what time do your kids get up?

Wondering who is on bacon duty this morning?
We are out of bacon so I know it’s not me

Have a great day homies !
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I`m quite the saddest person on the planet for being so happy when I get all my laundry out on the line, dried, ironed and put away all in the one day. There is nothign fresher than laundry that`s been outside drying.......and we always have plenty of fresh breeze around here....straight off the sea!

Folks I know in Florida, some have never hung a washing out on a line.....ever!!! Winter I usually use the dryer or I have a clothes thing in the laundry room to dry things I won`t use the dryer for. But, yes, I love clothes outside drying.......

Here for Bacon duty!! Serving with eggs and English muffins.

Sounds good!!!! We missed the bacon this morning......had some smoked salmon and scrambled eggs....egg whites for me.....it was delicious!!! But......bacon is hard to beat!!!

Had quite a busy-ish day.......walked on the beach for a while and it was breezy....came home and all the laundry was dry.......cut Kyle`s hair and boy did it need it!!! Couldn`t believe how much came off it.......had lunch, baked a few things including cherry scones and flourless chocolate cake for Kyle.....ironed and put things away or in Kyle`s room and now about to serve up dinner.

Lamb is all cooked and sauce has been thickened and tastes beautiful....even if I say so myself......potatoes and carrots are just about ready too.....

Plan to sit and watch some tv tonight!

Had some sunshine and lightning today......weird weather. And some more dark cloud building as I type.......lovely!!!

Time for food......almost........

Yep, McK, we are going to be screen watching the Fly Boys too, this afternoon. Glad you didn’t get that nasty part of the storm line.

This morning, did a short grocery shopping trip, and needed the sunglasses on. AC was cranking in the car, felt so icky when I opened the door.

Kids did get up around 11:30, so brunch it was. Yep, bacon, sausage and ham, scrambled eggs, chicken tenders, chicken grilled with honey bbq sauce on it, mac and cheese, mashed with brown gravy, and even cooked some grits. All now relaxing and yeah, it’s the afternoon now.

Yes, Schumi, it was a sweet wine, and well, I tend to find ones that are sweeter. I do like a good white, that is not too sweet. But I liked the name of the wine, so we thought to try it. Was refreshing on a very hot day. We don’t make cookies that often in the summer, but when you get dough already made, cookies don’t take much work. Made enough for one tray, so none leftover. And shame that you cannot leave donation bags out. Here, if it is clearly trash, game on. I have never seen my donations picked up by other than the donation place I use. Most of the time, I feel free to dump in their huge boxes at the back of another donation store.

Ah, watching the space channel right now. May turn to something else, as too much talking right now.

Last edited:
Hey all woke up feeling as tho i had a hangover, but no booze yesterday. Perhaps shift in air pressure. Doing a whole lotta nothing today & feeling lucky to have fridge (on probably last of it’s 9 lives but working well again!) full of leftovers from yesterday

Haven’t hung out clothes to dry in decades, do enjoy that smell but with allergies not a great idea. Many local communities with HOAs forbid the practice.

6AAB5501-1917-4ADF-802F-A479F05AC79D.jpegFound it interesting that despite each theater limited to 25 people, they still had the snack bar open

60401FBA-2371-49EA-AF35-833F655747A7.jpegYes, i did bring Lysol wipes to disinfect everything9E68D33B-0610-4021-93BB-394B56C8914C.jpeg3 doz of the best wings we had in ages went missing from my buffet, found the mr hiding with them in game room. As if we wouldn’t miss them/him lol

what`s the movie? Any chance of RHPS......lol....
Oh, i wish, it was original karate kid. Let’s just say it didn’t hold up and between mr myagi (sp) both beating up & serving booze to underage kids, well, it was a bit uncomfortable
bought it when our arena went bagless and I needed something for the hockey games that held my credit card and ID.
We can still use the clear bags here under a certain size, handy but feel a bit violated as all can see my stuffs
But when the staff at the resort tells you to stay away from the windows, don't open the curtains in case the glass breaks, the power might go out but you can't open windows or doors if you're hot, get enough food and water for a few days.... it kinda freaks you out! LOL!
Only rules we had were don’t go outside or in pool (which was full of the loungers, wish i took a pic of that. Enjoyed watching the giant palm trees sway back & forth in front of our window.
Experienced, not the “o” word lololololol JK I’m at the point where every day vertical is a win :)
Did you see any Kipling bags?
I tried to like those bags, something about the strap & what seemed to be too much width of bag that kept bumping & catchng on things that compelled me to give it away.

my disney dooney bags were getting too ‘beat up’ in the parks.

Used to do the VB various crossbodies in the parks, would pack different sizes depending on whether I was ‘homeless’ between split stays or on our arrival/departure days.

Have taken to the ugly black fanny packs used by EMTs & nurses. Comes in various sizes. Use generally as it a cross body, but adjusts low enough to hit the hip, but on rides can adjust 3 prong strap

Best part, every time I come home from being out it’s so easy to spray it down with disinfectant. Times they did change. Four months ago wouldn’t have been caught dead outside the parks wearing one lol

it`s funny I never liked Rose of any kind, either red, white or sparkly.....my niece however Rose is all she drinks.....I tease her it`s sugared water.......but, each to their own......
I’m of the sweeter the better as to wine :). Thinking i’ve just had the ‘wrong’ rose, as the mix just doesn’t sit right with me.
Here for Bacon duty!! Serving with eggs and English muffins.
Bacon day 2 here, today with scrambled eggs & toast. Now, i’m Hungry for english muffins.

Last edited:
Yep, McK, we are going to be screen watching the Fly Boys too, this afternoon.
Tacos should be ready by first intermission, if any homies are over this way! 31 tacos filled and ready to be fried, and extra meat on the side if we need to make more.
Hey all woke up feeling as tho i had a hangover, but no booze yesterday. Perhaps shift in air pressure.
I hope you feel better soon.
3 doz of the best wings we had in ages went missing from my buffet, found the mr hiding with them in game room. As if we wouldn’t miss them/him lol
That's funny! And something my hubby would do too.
We can still use the clear bags here under a certain size, handy but feel a bit violated as all can see my stuffs
I *think* we can have small clear bags too, but I'm not 100% sure. After getting sent back to the car at the arena in 20 degrees to put my purse back, I just bought the phone/wallet thingy to be safe.
Only rules we had were don’t go outside or in pool (which was full of the loungers, wish i took a pic of that.
I have pics of them removing the loungers, but I didn't see if they put the rest in the pool. I didn't know they did that. I also have pics of a bare Orange garage in Disney Springs. It was eerie. They did have cars and vans from the hotels on that strip parked on the first level for protection, but every other level was crazy empty.

Good afternoon. I am trying not to take a nap, but I am so sleepy. We just had a brief storm pass through. It's just a perfect day to stay in and do nothIng.

No Kipling bags, but we only have 2 department stores in our mall - JC Penney and Belk. I might find some at Macys, but have to go to Roanoke.

difficult to find the right bag but your daughter will enjoy it. I threw a lot out when we moved that I’d accumulated but got a bargain one BL (before lockdown) which would be ideal for the parks - I use it all the time as my dog walking bag - a perfect size for purse, phone and keys and I use the side pocket now for mask, wipes and sanitizer.
I have a cheap crossbody that I might use when we go to Busch Gardens. I still have plenty of time to look for something to take to Disney.

I don't think I have seen an outdoor clothesline in ages. I think it gets too humid in the south to dry wash outside.

Ooh, nothing like a phone flash screen note. Excessive Heat Warning for today, 100 degree or so feeling out. Yep, mostly staying inside with the AC running day. Hehe, AC just went on again.
You have it worse that we do. Only supposed to have a high of 88 today.

Folks I know in Florida, some have never hung a washing out on a line.....ever!!!
That's me. I have never hung wash out. I prefer to use the dryer.

Lol i wish, it was original karate kid. Let’s just say it didn’t hold up and between mr myagi (sp) both beating up & serving booze to underage kids, well, it was a bit uncomfortable
Wait, Karate Kid is considered to be a golden oldie?

Need to go do something to keep myself awake. The storm has passed, so I guess I can continue with the laundry.

And we have splash down! Can’t remember the last time I watched a water landing.
After getting sent back to the car at the arena in 20 degrees to put my purse back, I just bought the phone/wallet thingy to be safe.
Ug

Charade lol yes, they switch up the movies every week or so. It was about the best of the batch. Will say it was strange to just have 7 people there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts