Something About Nothing............ #14

Fabulous they landed in what was calm water.

At the mall, ugh some stores feel warm.

Awesome you had a fun time at cinema, and yum, those wings really look good, Keisha.

Ooh those Flyers.

Lynne.....yes, it`s a shame that low life criminals do that, but they must make enough money off of it for them to keep doing it......handing stuff into the stores at least we know it`s going to benefit some folks.

Hey all woke up feeling as tho i had a hangover, but no booze yesterday. Perhaps shift in air pressure. Doing a whole lotta nothing today & feeling lucky to have fridge (on probably last of it’s 9 lives but working well again!) full of leftovers from yesterday

Haven’t hung out clothes to dry in decades, do enjoy that smell but with allergies not a great idea. Many local communities with HOAs forbid the practice.

View attachment 515396Found it interesting that despite each theater limited to 25 people, they still had the snack bar open

View attachment 515393Yes, i did bring Lysol wipes to disinfect everythingView attachment 5153943 doz of the best wings we had in ages went missing from my buffet, found the mr hiding with them in game room. As if we wouldn’t miss them/him lol

Oh, i wish, it was original karate kid. Let’s just say it didn’t hold up and between mr myagi (sp) both beating up & serving booze to underage kids, well, it was a bit uncomfortable

We can still use the clear bags here under a certain size, handy but feel a bit violated as all can see my stuffs

Only rules we had were don’t go outside or in pool (which was full of the loungers, wish i took a pic of that. Enjoyed watching the giant palm trees sway back & forth in front of our window.

Experienced, not the “o” word lololololol JK I’m at the point where every day vertical is a win :)

I tried to like those bags, something about the strap & what seemed to be too much width of bag that kept bumping & catchng on things that compelled me to give it away.

my disney dooney bags were getting too ‘beat up’ in the parks.

Used to do the VB various crossbodies in the parks, would pack different sizes depending on whether I was ‘homeless’ between split stays or on our arrival/departure days.

Have taken to the ugly black fanny packs used by EMTs & nurses. Comes in various sizes. Use generally as it a cross body, but adjusts low enough to hit the hip, but on rides can adjust 3 prong strap

Best part, every time I come home from being out it’s so easy to spray it down with disinfectant. Times they did change. Four months ago wouldn’t have been caught dead outside the parks wearing one lol

I’m of the sweeter the better as to wine :). Thinking i’ve just had the ‘wrong’ rose, as the mix just doesn’t sit right with me.

Bacon day 2 here, today with scrambled eggs & toast. Now, i’m Hungry for english muffins.

lol......your mister looks like the happiest man in the world there!!!!!

I never liked that movie, everyone raved about it, didn`t quite get it......

Food sounded so good though!!!

Yep, you know me.....not a fan of sweet wine, although the bottle I used last night for the lamb today was a sweeter red that we aren`t fussed on....think someone brought it at some point as I`ve never bought it. But, we all like what we like.......I hate when someone tries to tell you what you should like.....met a few of them in my time......

Yes, allergies and hanging washing out don`t really go together I guess.....I have a thing for the smell of laundry that`s been outside......If I could be bothered and our weather co-operated, I`d change my sheets every day for that fresh smell the dryer doesn`t capture......but, I don`t lol......

And we have splash down! Can’t remember the last time I watched a water landing.

Ug

Charade lol yes, they switch up the movies every week or so. It was about the best of the batch. Will say it was strange to just have 7 people there

It was pretty amazing to watch.....glad Doug and Bob made it home safe and sound.....super cool guys with an amazing life......Kyle shouted me they were about to splash down as I was writing your email.......

Tom and I ventured a few times to the cinema in the afternoon years back as I detest people`s noise in cinema`s....we saw Halloween H20 and The Sixth Sense with 3 other people each time......maybe 4......but it was brilliant.....no disturbances at all!!! I`m so anti social with cinema`s ::yes::...that would suit me down to the ground....

Will keep an eye on Bob and Doug as they come back to dry land on Nasa tv......love watching that!! Fascinating stuff.......

Sun is shining but in an hour or so it`ll be getting darker......looks lovely right now.

Had to laugh about the movie - weekend before lockdown I took J to see Onward - I’d been visiting Dad every single day since New Year and it was the first day the hospital said no visitors so thought I’d have a break - but it made me realise things were really bad - if you look at the photo you’ll see why! (Why are photos appearing sideways again?)B29BAA49-5FDA-4B27-A247-4BFB0D7D76D1.jpeg

And we have splash down! Can’t remember the last time I watched a water landing.

Ug

Charade lol yes, they switch up the movies every week or so. It was about the best of the batch. Will say it was strange to just have 7 people there

With all the stuff going on the SpaceX program has definitely brought some excitement to many, and a great thing for our Country!!!

I was mind boggled why we didn’t have a replacement for the shuttle before it was taken out of service.

We all know the reason for that though.

:wave2:

Good evening. Spent most of the afternoon assembling another puzzle. This one was so much easier than the last one. We have one more left. I hope tp have it completed before dh and B have to go back to school.

I would love to watch a movie with just 7 people. I always seem to get stuck in front of the seat kickers.

weekend before lockdown I took J to see Onward -
We did the same. That was the last movie I saw in a theater before lockdown. I was a little annoyed when Disney plus added it right after we had spend theater prices to see it.

Our latest puzzle - vintage movie posters.

237AEF74-1E53-4C9B-918A-03DCBB4CFBA6.jpeg

Ah, the back to routine has already commenced. Trash and donation out and ready for pick up. Alarm set, and all screen watching. Ended up with a late dinner of chicken and orange and red peppers. I added some cheese, and put on a tortilla. So did the men, but little one had hers on rice. Then yum, some ice cream.

Will be a very warm night. I just put the last of the trash out, and was still oh so muggy. 86 said the thermometer. Yeah, icky.

Safe travels home, Real.

McK, yay, Fly Boys looked good today. Hope your food was lush and all enjoyed.

Charade, great puzzle. So colorful. I am still working on mine. Sparkling pieces, so one of the harder ones. I am not spending as much time with it.

All, I too am fading fast. May all the homies have a most restful sleep. And yeah, Monday when you wake, rested from a sound sleeping.

Evening all! Just popping in for a quick greeting!

If 2020 couldn't get any better....

shark sightings at our beaches for the past five days....and a 400 pound bull shark was caught at the same beach my brother lifeguards at....good times

and now a tropical storm watch....

and our Governor makes the call on what is going to happen on schools next week.....

and so my watch begins....

Good evening. Spent most of the afternoon assembling another puzzle. This one was so much easier than the last one. We have one more left. I hope tp have it completed before dh and B have to go back to school.

I would love to watch a movie with just 7 people. I always seem to get stuck in front of the seat kickers.

We did the same. That was the last movie I saw in a theater before lockdown. I was a little annoyed when Disney plus added it right after we had spend theater prices to see it.

Our latest puzzle - vintage movie posters.

View attachment 515481

I love that puzzle!

Seatkickers are annoying.......it`s amazing how many parents don`t seem to notice their little darlings doing it.......or worse....it`s the adults!

I can barely keep my eyes open, so I am turning the light on early tonight. I will probably wake up in a few hours.

View attachment 515494

Nice light........

Seems like this weekend went by fast for me.
Never did finish my check list of plan A or B.

Will try to go to bed early tonight so I can get up early on Monday to work on my rose bushes before it is hot outside.

Sweet dreams to all the homies !

Your rose bushes are beautiful......and a lot of work to keep looking pretty....hope you had sweet dreams too.......

Evening all! Just popping in for a quick greeting!

If 2020 couldn't get any better....

shark sightings at our beaches for the past five days....and a 400 pound bull shark was caught at the same beach my brother lifeguards at....good times

and now a tropical storm watch....

and our Governor makes the call on what is going to happen on schools next week.....

and so my watch begins....

Good luck on the schools call.....it has to be a huge worry they`ll make the right decision. And yes, saw the sharks off your coast.....that was a big old bull shark!!

Love a sunny Monday......:sunny:

Much cooler this morning, highs of mid 60`s for us today, but it is just the nicest looking day out there.......

Walk at some point today, but have to pop out for some grocery items first....all fresh stuff. Going to try and pop in to see one of my friends who heads off to Turkey tomorrow......not a place I`d ever go, but they love it. And it`s one of the few places that requires no quarantine when they come back.

I have loads of rosemary to use up, so think I`ll make some bread with it today, will fit dinner around that......we don`t grow veg in our garden, but have a small herb area.......not much in that either but rosemary is in abundance this year.

cv3011-M.jpg

cv2165-Th.jpg

cv2180-S.jpg

😁

Have a wonderful Monday...........​

Ah, a good morning it is, Schumi. And a bit warmer for me. I’m in the mid 70’s right now. A cloudy start to the day, but the clouds have parted, and glorious sun is shining through the window. Sunny day, until the clouds again form again, later in the day, with an increasing unlucky chance of thunderstorms and it rain this evening.

Then, like Kfish, a Tropical Storm warning has been issued where I live too. You would think we live North enough, Hurricane type storms don’t come. Eh, nope. Any one remember Sandy? And some snowy Nor’Easters that give us feet of snow? Yeah. Well, at least this one is not as strong as a Hurricane, but hey 4 to 6 inches of rain on a land which has now not had a lot of rain. Oh I can see flooding, and yes, a Flash Flood warning issued through tomorrow too. And lucky me, hair appointment tomorrow. Well, no matter, I don’t mind her not drying my hair, as if raining, would be wet hair anyway. So ready to be legally blonde once more. Ah, a somewhat back to routine for hair. Yay.

Ah, Kfish, yes, what a year it has been. Yep, warmer summer seas brings the sharks around. That was a rather large bull shark. Eek. Yeah, our City schools went from a hybrid to all online. I hope you find out soon, what your school district says. My local school district has said, online only for awhile now. Makes sense, and with our local schools not doing school sports, even more reason to not have the kids go in. I will say, kinda sad. While I am very thankful my kids are now college kids, I always look forward to hearing the marching band practice, as we live very close to the senior high school. None will be heard this August.

And so, back to routine continues, and that includes a cup of tea in my hand. Ah, nice.

Happy Monday everyone.

Abd have to say, not a rosemary fan. So, some food I won’t swing by Schumi’s for. Fresh baked shortbread, yes. LoL

Good morning everyone!!!!! Rain yesterday but July was the hottest we’ve had in 20 years so can’t complain with one poor day. Spent the day sleeping as my teeth were throbbing again after so much dental work on Thursday. I thought I had such a good recovery............ ooops I did too much and paid for it. My son flew to Latvia ( via Warsaw Poland) on Friday and called me while in Poland panicked he would have to self quarantine for 14 days before entering Latvia. I ended up calling the embassy in Poland and was transferred to Ottawa and they were so helpful!!!!!! He was fine. It was such a tense few hours. Both my husband and I didn’t want him travelling overseas during a pandemic as so much can happen ( or borders close) in an instant!!!!! He overheard people talking about being quarantined so even though he checked before he left multiple times he wanted to be sure. My best friends husband is Latvian so they have family there if he needed help. Thank goodness.
So why would he travel during COVID 19?????? Great question!!!!
His girlfriend is from Latvia originally and they had planned to visit her brother and friends. Her parents live here in Toronto but she goes back often. He works in a high stress job and needed to take a break and after some research he and his girlfriend thought Latvia would be a safe place to visit. ( very low COVID cases).
Sorry for the long rant............ I am a worrier. Thanks for listening:wave:
Jump00
Brenda

McK, yay, Fly Boys looked good today. Hope your food was lush and all enjoyed.
Yeah, they did alright. I was wondering if they would be able to keep up their momentum from Spring and they did. Beating the Bruins is no easy feat. (I'm also a Bruins fan)

Will try to go to bed early tonight so I can get up early on Monday to work on my rose bushes before it is hot outside.
Can you come and work on my rose bush too? I had to transplant it due the the new fence and it's not bouncing back as nice yet.
That's enormous! Yikes! I hope everyone stays safe on the beach.
Our local school is still petitioning parents about either online, in school or a hybrid of both. After reading about the sleep away camp in Georgia where hundreds of school age kids were infected in June, it really made me stop to think.

My youngest graduated college in Spring, and she's enrolled again for Fall at a different university. So far all her classes are online, but the campus is *supposed* to be open for some classes too. They are doing a weird block type schedule where they take the whole Fall semester and divide it into three blocks. She only has one class from August to October and 4 or 5 from October to November. We'll see how this goes......
You would think we live North enough, Hurricane type storms don’t come. Eh, nope. Any one remember Sandy? And some snowy Nor’Easters that give us feet of snow? Yeah
Yep, lots of rain, flash floods, we had a tornado two years ago that demolished a shopping complex, winds from hurricanes. Then the snow and flooding from those storms.

It's a little cloudy up here too. Phone says the rain will move in tonight around 8.

Spent the day sleeping as my teeth were throbbing again after so much dental work on Thursday. I thought I had such a good recovery............ ooops I did too much and paid for it
Oh no! I hope you're feeling better today.
He was fine. It was such a tense few hours. Both my husband and I didn’t want him travelling overseas during a pandemic as so much can happen ( or borders close) in an instant!!!!! He overheard people talking about being quarantined so even though he checked before he left multiple times he wanted to be sure. My best friends husband is Latvian so they have family there if he needed help. Thank goodness.
I'm glad it worked out and he can enjoy his time and get home safely.

Yeah, they did alright. I was wondering if they would be able to keep up their momentum from Spring and they did. Beating the Bruins is no easy feat. (I'm also a Bruins fan)

Can you come and work on my rose bush too? I had to transplant it due the the new fence and it's not bouncing back as nice yet.

That's enormous! Yikes! I hope everyone stays safe on the beach.

Our local school is still petitioning parents about either online, in school or a hybrid of both. After reading about the sleep away camp in Georgia where hundreds of school age kids were infected in June, it really made me stop to think.

My youngest graduated college in Spring, and she's enrolled again for Fall at a different university. So far all her classes are online, but the campus is *supposed* to be open for some classes too. They are doing a weird block type schedule where they take the whole Fall semester and divide it into three blocks. She only has one class from August to October and 4 or 5 from October to November. We'll see how this goes......

Yep, lots of rain, flash floods, we had a tornado two years ago that demolished a shopping complex, winds from hurricanes. Then the snow and flooding from those storms.

It's a little cloudy up here too. Phone says the rain will move in tonight around 8.

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better today.

I'm glad it worked out and he can enjoy his time and get home safely.
Thanks @mckennarose for your good wishes!!!!!
Jump00

Jump, hope your teeth are not as painful now. Scary, but glad all worked out in the travels.

Sun is shining. More tea for me.

Yeah, McK, hope the hockey is better this year. Though I have to say, any time they beat the Bruins, is a good thing. One of the opposing teams the City loves to hate. Yeah, I assume we will have a rainy night and bands of rain tomorrow. They are still saying we will see some sun though. But like most storms, gone by tomorrow night, and a full day of sun Wednesday. Hotter too, then.

0E330A26-9A5B-4F92-A973-1B869144BAE8.jpegMorning is dragging. And oddly, though not that oddly, older one is up. Like Real’s gaming guy, mine realizes easy to control remote when little one is not up, and DH and I are busy. Monday. Yeah.🐶

Our schools open August 10, usually they open the week prior.
K-5 is all day in school. Jr high and high school will alternate days

All this is for in the school buildings.

90% of the families voted to have in school classrooms.

Not going to be a searing hot day here.
I’ll be able to work in the yard later today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter