Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Sunday morning......

Lynne......sounds like you have it bad! Plenty of rest for you. Are you back at work tomorrow? It’s bad enough coming back from vacation but, to be poorly too is worse.

Miserable grey morning here today, yesterday was beautiful though.

Bit of shopping this morning and have a chicken in the Aga for dinner later.......so it’ll be chicken noodle soup for lunch tomorrow.....

Have a great Sunday....... :wave2:

Hope you get better, @Lynne G! Hope you can get some rest. I always take plenty of vitamin C when I’m not feeling well. Seems to help the process. Either way, I hope you feel better than you did yesterday.

Hope you have fun shopping today, @schumigirl!

Everyone else have a good Sunday! I think I’ll start a tradition when I’ll post a “Sunrise Sunday” picture since I take a lot of them.

Thanks Schumi and Dix. No, just a cold. I did go to bed early last night. And did have soup last night. Wonton kind, so chicken soup with wontons. It was perfect.

Finishjng up the wash, then shopping for me too. Seems yesterday, older one remarked that we need to go grocery shopping. Um, yeah I guess we do.

Little one and I did do some dress shopping, but she decided she would look through her closet once again, as the wedding is two weeks away. My DH’s niece is getting married, and little one seems to have mostly black, and dark colored dresses, most without sleeves. I thought a no sleeve would be fine for the reception, but thought maybe a dress that covered her shoulders would be better for the church. Shoes, not the issue. Beautiful creamy white heels are perfect, with almost any color, and she already has the perfect party dress and very sparkly heels that are perfect with the dress too. Eh, we have until 2 more Fridays to figure it out. Though I told her she needs to come home that Friday night, as we will leave for the wedding early in the morning. It is about a 3 hour drive away, and the wedding is early afternoon, on that Saturday. I hope it is a warm and nice day.

Time to get the wash out, and start another load. Think I will wake older one soon. We tend to go out to breakfast, before grocery shopping.

Enjoy your Sunday, every one. And ooh, I would love to see the sun rise from the beach, Dix. Seems my day is already overcast. Even wore a jacket some of the day. No shorts either. Boo.

Later, and tea for me. So glad the water here tastes so much better than when I am not here. Effects the taste of my tea. Ah, a good morning. Sipping tea, then more drugs and ready for our day. And yes Schumi, I get an extra day to get better before returning to work. Holiday Monday, to celebrate Columbus arriving here. Makes me happy to have a long weekend and short week to start the work routine.

Glad you have an extra day Lynne.....I forgot it was a holiday weekend. Hope you feel much better soon.....Tom had loads of Miso soup which helped him.

Hope DD gets a dress that she likes......yes, we did grocery shopping this morning, never fun is it!!!

Rain is still pouring down here......it`s cold and miserable.....

How many days till we get back to Florida now...…….:scratchin

Good morning. Lazy Sunday here. I woke up with a headache, but thankfully it is almost gone. No plans for this afternoon. At some point I should probably got to the grocery store.

In other news B got her first college grade (not counting the dual enrollment classes she took in height school). She earned an A in her online class. I just hope she is also doing well in her standard classes.

Very few college students need or can pay for those sort of predatory type cards. Usually issued in area of $2K After kiddos sign up at a promotional table at a school event, they score a free tshirt or hat. Later the card shows up & without ma & pa knowing they tend to run it up. Parents pay it off to avoid kiddo getting ‘worse credit’ once they find out it’s delinquent.
This offer came directly to our house. I should probably talk to her about it in case she sees s promo table at school.

Great pictures Keisha.

I’d love to be in America for Thanksgiving.......and yes, I’d be cooking for all I was worth too!!! Turkey and ham.......yum!!!! They’re our Christmas staples over here........
We pretty much eat the same things for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hope our friends will be hosting again this year. I will volunteer to bring pie.

then on the way back we spontaneously decided to stop by Dave and Busters to play a little before going home.
I haven’t been to a Dave & Busters in ages. When I lived in Georgia we used to go to one every month to watch an improve comedy troupe perform.

Everyone else have a good Sunday! I think I’ll start a tradition when I’ll post a “Sunrise Sunday” picture since I take a lot of them.
Beautiful picture.

I get an extra day to get better before returning to work. Holiday Monday, to celebrate Columbus arriving here. Makes me happy to have a long weekend and short week to start the work routine.
This is a well timed day off. I hope you are able to rest and recover. My office will be open tomorrow. I’m hoping for a quiet day.

I should get up and do something, but I am not feeling very productive right now.

Glad to hear you have turkey at Christmas too Charade......most Americans I know don’t.......I adore turkey! And Christmas Day is just not Christmas for us without a turkey and I do love cooking them.......we once went to a friends house one year many years ago, they were American and it was a huge ham!! Shock horror.....it was lovely, but we missed the turkey.

And it is still poring down with rain here.........the dryer hasn’t stopped.....well it has now as I’m done.......got 2 loads of laundry washed, dried, ironed and put away.

Chicken smells lovely when I wander through there. Mashed potato has been requested as it is very autumnal today, and quite dark too. I have lamps on in most rooms. Roast carrots in honey and spice for veg with extra broccoli for Kyle.

Nice quiet Sunday......just how we like it.

47 when I got up! Ah, DH not home, so turned heater on. 60 on the thermostat is way too cold for me inside.

47 when I got up! Ah, DH not home, so turned heater on. 60 on the thermostat is way too cold for me inside.

You need to keep warm Lynne. Yes, that’s far too cold for us too.

Our Aga helps keep our home warm, especially over the side where the kitchen is......it’s very cosy. I’ve just moved through to the kitchen to sit now....think I’ve moved my laptop to 3 different rooms today!

I like to change my view........but, hope you feel much better soon Lynne.....

Putting up some decorations outside and soon will pop the beef roast in oven , low & slow

Lynne maybe fall allergies? I quit functioning yesterday after a strong start. Snorfelling & raw throat. Stupid goldenrod everywhere. Hate to say it but bring in a hard frost already to kill it off
I don’t leave home without one of those pens in my bag.......I don’t think you can buy Tide in the U.K. at all, so haven’t seen anything like that......needless to say........I now have to buy loads for everyone who has seen it!!! ::yes:: Makes a change from Bath and Body requests!!
Spread the word sista! Lololol

That’s interesting that tide is not sold in UK. It’s the gold standard here. wonder why? Chemical ban maybe? Lol thinking of TSA marveling at the number of tide pens in ur baggage

I carry at least 10 of my fav mentholated lip gloss. Akin to reading glasses they tend to go astray. Have been questioned more than a few times at the airport. Assume the gel properties raise red flags of some sort or other

Putting up some decorations outside and soon will pop the beef roast in oven , low & slow

Lynne maybe fall allergies? I quit functioning yesterday after a strong start. Snorfelling & raw throat. Stupid goldenrod everywhere. Hate to say it but bring in a hard frost already to kill it off

Spread the word sista! Lololol

That’s interesting that tide is not sold in UK. It’s the gold standard here. wonder why? Chemical ban maybe? Lol thinking of TSA marveling at the number of tide pens in ur baggage

I carry at least 10 of my fav mentholated lip gloss. Akin to reading glasses they tend to go astray. Have been questioned more than a few times at the airport. Assume the gel properties raise red flags of some sort or other

I believe Tide is sold as Daz in the UK........that’s probably our biggest seller here.......I don’t use that, we buy a brand called Surf as I can buy the huge big boxes in a place similar to Costco. And it smells beautiful.

But, never seen an alternative brand that’s like that pen........Tom dropped something on a white shirt when we went to Ocean Prime.....it was gone in a few minutes!

I however tried it on my red dress when I looked down and saw a brown mark......I was annoyed it didn’t come out. Got home and realised it was the bliddy pattern........ :rotfl: My excuse is.......I didn’t have my glasses on......Tom said I was like Lady Macbeth and rubbing like crazy.....all that was missing was me yelling “out damned spot”.......lol....

Oh I never thought of the TSA lol.......I think they already are a little bemused at what we Brits take back......and bring in for that matter!!

Slow cooked beef sounds lovely.........and hope you feel better too!!! It is that time of year.......

We had our dinner early as Kyle is off out. It was lovely though, enjoyed creamy mashed potato for the first time this season.

No Keisha, not allergies, though older one is medicating because of him having a pollen allergy. Just a sinus cold and feeling a bit better. but still congested and froggy sounding voice. At least no real place to go to this afternoon. Groceries bought, and enjoyed an ice cream bar after putting away stuff. Now relaxing and took more drugs as had a headache. Did buy a roasting chicken, as Schumi inspired me to light the oven. Does make the house smell good. May fry up some taters and steam broccoli and call it dinner.

Trying not to nap while dh has some random football game on the TV. We went to lunch/brunch at a restaurant that we’ve only been to a couple of times. They had lemon french toast on the brunch menu. It was so good, but I am still in a bit of a food coma.

Glad to hear you have turkey at Christmas too Charade......most Americans I know don’t.......I adore turkey! And Christmas Day is just not Christmas for us without a turkey and I do love cooking them.......we once went to a friends house one year many years ago, they were American and it was a huge ham!! Shock horror.....it was lovely, but we missed the turkey.
We always have both ham and turkey when our friends host. He is a very good cook except for desserts. He just goes to the grocery store and buys several different kinds of pie. Last year I volunteered to make the desserts. I have planned for there different kinds of pie, but plans got cancelled when the wife had to have surgery the day before Thanksgiving. We didn’t have Christmas dinner with them either because they went to visit her mother who is in poor health. I am really hoping that they are able to host Thanksgiving this year.

Oh no, way to cold. It’s about 65 here today. We have our windows open. Caspian is enjoying it.
Had an amazing sunset the other night.

Gorgeous picture.

Monday morning again.......

It comes around doesn’t it! Plan on doing some baking this morning and cook up a few dishes for freezing. Pulled Pork....had a pork butt cooking overnight, mini sausage rolls and large batch of chicken curry. I’ll feel like I’m a housewife in the 1950’s with my full length apron on........ 😊

And ran has finally stopped......it’s still pitch black so have no idea what it’s like outside yet.

Have a great Monday.........:thumbsup2

Thank you, @Charade67! We only were able to hit it on the way home since they just built one right off of 95 in Daytona. That’s cool you got to see improv shows there!

It’s officially back to the old grind today, but on the plus side only five more work days until the cruise. I hope it goes fast. One of my friend’s don’t think so. I told her I’m hoping for it. I told her maybe Friday might feel slow though. :laughing:

Happy Monday, homies! I hope everyone had a good weekend and will have a good today.

Sunny and cool Monday for me.

Woot for an end of week cruise coming up, Dix. Hope your week does go fast.

Must be cooler weather for Schumi, I love the smell of meat cooking in the oven. Not fond of pulled pork, but sounds delicious. Glad to hear the rain stopped.

Thinking meatballs or patties for dinner tonight. Will pick up some ground beef from another store I like to get it from. The stores we went to yesterday, I am not as fond of their ground beef as in the place I always go to. So only place I think I need to go to, oh and another back to one place, as I forgot we have no eggs in the house. How we forgot that with all the grocery shopping yesterday. Oh well. We are fully stocked now, otherwise.

Discover some fun today, Happy Columbus Monday.

And a late start, quiet house, and a cup of tea. So happy to not move fast today. Felling better, with some annoying coughing and still a little hoarse sounding. At least I don’t think I need as many tissues. I will be glad when I feel back to normal. Colds tend to take a week, so a few more days, and I should see the end of it.

We love pulled pork in this house.....I make my own barbecue sauce, spicy of course and we freeze it as the butts we buy are usually huge.....but, it lasts for ages. Should have enough to keep us till February......

Although I don’t really eat eggs we always have them in the house thanks to the farm next to us......I use them more in baking but Tom is a big fan of having an egg for lunch........

Yes, hope in the next few days you feel much better, colds can make you feel so low at times. I hate when folks say oh it’s only a cold.......they can be dreadful....

Busy day baking and cooking a whole variety of things........it’s a real dreary, dark, grey day, so one of those days it’s cosy to be in my kitchen.......

Dinner in an hour when Kyle gets home.......time for winter warmer dishes.....

444144 Clear and colder feeling commute. Dark as could be, as car kept putting the high beams on. Frisky, 50 decree start. And cool enough inside, thinking sweater over my lighter sweater is needed. And tea. Hot tea.

Ooh, and 444145 yeah, but at least that means, 444147 ::yes::
Finally, since it is a Tuesday, Mac should be doing a Taco Bell run, or two. Yep, Taco Tuesday is here.

444157 Indeed, sound a cheer, eat a taco or three today. Make it a wonderful one too. And hopefully having a warmer day than mine.

Schumi's weather certainly supports the use of the kitchen, to make and bake such lush meals. Hope Kyle got home quick enough for a warmer winter style meal. Oh I hear yea, warn kitchens are so nice when it's cool and cold out. Same with more winter kinds of meals. And a hehe, yesterday, older one asked if I has coordinated with my Dsis as to the date for our holiday baking week-end. Um, no, that's in December. Yeah, I guess I'd better soon enough, though she's in birthday mode, with her birthday on Friday. See, she has a friend in FLA, who's present is a round trip ticket for a 5 day week-end to visit her. So, I won't be asking until later next week.

Ooh, Schumi's got a December countdown, Dix has an October one, single digit no less, and I've got a January one. And a yay, paid that January cruise in the Gulf off, as I was enjoying this FLA one. WOOT to more travels for all the homies.

That includes Squilz doing that KW style. Hope you are still enjoying that island fun.

Follow on. Good Morning and Good Afternoon to you all.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter