• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Happy to hear you enjoyed Toojays......we`ve been going there for many years and have banged on about it a lot.....food is so good and service is always friendly. I didn`t know that about the bakery items though, interesting to know. I haven`t had the cheesecake as I hate ricotta, but, yes, Tom had the chocolate cake and couldn`t finish it. Such a lovely selection though.

I`m always happy to recommend somewhere on the Dis........

I think Coors is one of the few beers I`ll drink :duck:I`ll get my coat!

Enjoy your pool time and tonight.......

Lovely picture of you all Vicki....and glad the trip was such a success.

I`m being tempted by the RIP tour next year.....never fancied it, as we prefer to go many nights for less time....but if my dates match up, we may just be doing one.

That was a lovely Mother`s Day gift....you have lovely kids!! And yes, what a view.....

Good to see you Vicki, and enjoy that day off.......

lol......I can hear you clucking from here......we love chicken as long as it`s not a chicken nugget dish.......so many options to do with it. Enjoy the challenge.....

Yes, I`ve done some more online shopping this year than usual......ideal really, but I know what you mean.

Have fun at the pilates class......

Charade.....I lost your quote......that meme was so accurate!!! And described them to a tee!!

We`re having beef short ribs tonight, I cooked them overnight last night after marinading all day yesterday, the aroma was delicious coming downstairs this morning, can`t wait to shread and reheat them later, cooked them in Old Peculiar Ale, bits and pieces and home made beef stock.....lush!

Busy day today, but it`s so cold. Heating is on and a winter warming dish with creamy mashed potatoes will go down well tonight. I do like wearing new winter coats and boots though.......only upside of cold weather.......

Picked up a couple of duck breasts at a butcher we visited to stock up this morning, quite a journey to this one, but their produce is fabulous. Will have that tomorrow in either a Chinese dish or good old 1970`s dish with cherry sauce.......love it!! Long as it`s pink to rare we don`t really care what flavour it has.

cv135-S.png
I ended up making honey mustard chicken. I like honey mustard, and I think DH does too...

Did Pilates, walked the dogs, and took another 3 mile walk with a friend. Exercise covered for today!

Those beef short ribs sound divine!

Good Tuesday morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 616523

View attachment 616522

Thankfully the plumbing business we use is local and they had enough water heaters in stock to come out and replace it.

I always push the buttons on the Halloween animatronic displays. i love to see how the animatronics work.....LOL

Looks like she had a great time with friends celebrating her birthday.

What a cute little fella. I’am so glad you have been able to get together with family again.

Looks like L is enjoying holding her baby cousin.

Charade I hope you are able to get the money issue settled with your aunt. It is so sad when family members abuse their position with other family members when money is involved.

Pumpkin glad to hear the borders are open to our Canadian friends to travel.

Schumi your charcuterie board looked yummy.

That was so nice of you to pull together a Halloween celebration for the local Children this coming weekend. I’am sure they will be thrilled.

Tink so good to see you post. What a nice photo. So glad to hear you all had a nice trip. Wow......that’s a nice view from your hotel of the ballgame. Happy to hear you have a trip back to Orlando for Christmas celebration.

Charade I like the new porch lights. Sounds like you are nearing the end of your remodel.

Bobbie68 good to hear from you. I enjoyed our meet up and dinner. I hope you and the family are doing well.

Lynne hope the tea is warm and Tasty this morning.

Keisha glad to hear you and your Mr made it safely to O town. Hope the weather cooperates better for the rest of your trip. Enjoy yourselves.

Mac it is hit or miss here for Trick or Treaters. Sometimes there are more. Just depends. I always have plenty of candy to hand out.......LOL...now that I said that I will get slammed this year with Trick or Treaters......LOL

The heat is on here. High today will only be 61 and the low will be 41 tonight.

Grandson came by to help put the banana trees in the garage and roll up the garden hoses yesterday evening. I made him a nice meatloaf dinner. He likes meatloaf. I also made him some Chocolate chip cookies to take home. He is so sweet. He comes by to help us with some of the heavy outdoor things. It helps us and it’s a way for him to make some money and for us to spend some precious time with him.

I went to see his football game this past Friday. His high school is in the sectional playoffs. They won their game Friday. Their next game is this Friday in Brazil Indiana. It’s about 3 hours North of here. Not sure If I will make that game or not. Will see.

Going to do a little window cleaning today.

I have been working on granddaughters wedding album.

My Halloween party is Sunday so trying to finalize menu. I did order some Halloween desserts from a local bakery to help with the food.

I see the massage therapist this afternoon. So that will be welcome after a few outdoor projects I have this morning.

The trees are turning red, orange and yellow. The weather is cool and the wind mildly brisk. A beautiful Fall day. Halloween weather for sure.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

View attachment 616524
You have a very thoughtful grandson! Good luck to him at his next game!

Hope your Halloween party is a HUGE success!!!

:wave2: A quick Tuesday morning stop in!

My pile of papers is smaller today, so I will stretch it out a bit. Not sure what I will find to keep me busy today. I always seem to find something.

Went for my walk last night as soon as I got home. It was a little chilly. Soon I will need to add gloves and my headband to keep my ears warm :sad: Honestly, we are doing good that it's Oct 26 and we have no snow yet. The forecast is calling for freezing rain tomorrow :worried: But then a little nicer again for the rest of the week.

Yikes...that sounds like some pretty serious storms. I'm glad your still have power. I hope you have a good day at work today.

:wave2: Enjoy that beautiful Florida weather!!!!

I don't blame you for not participating. There are a few here that don't either.

It must be that time of year.

Have fun!!!!!

LOL...not squirrel lol. We are a little redneck :blush: I will have to work on that a bit. It's been a few years again since we had been lucky enough to get a big animal. They were done " rutting" which makes them taste less gamey. We also hang it, which helps and makes it super tender. - kind of like a good cut of steak. I have a few ideas in mind to hide the gameyness of it. Sauces, casseroles ( @ss in a pan as we call it lol) stews, and I'll be experimenting with the roasts. I'm not a big roast fan...so those will be the hardest for me to cook.

What an amazing gift!!!!!

We have come to embrace our feathered friend lol for meals. You will find more ways to prepare it ::yes::

I have only had duck once...and I didn't make it. What I did have, I liked, but I'm too scared to try to make it on my own.

You are an awesome Grammie!!!!! Of course he will help you if you pay him with COOKIES!!!!!!! It's great you are such an involved grandparent. That doesn't always happen. It is the one thing that both dh and I are striving to do - and want to do! We have experienced first hand at grandparents who don't do that - and everyone looses out. It was the one thing that we don't want our grandkids to experience.

Well, I should get shuffling some papers.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!
Is your DH and son having the head and rack taxidermy to hang?

Hi Lynne thank you, it's a busy day but okay. We enjoyed having a few meals with you too, got to eat at some of my favorite and new favorite places. Look forward to the next meet up. Wow you don't get a lot of kids, I used to like giving it out but I am also good with one of the kids taking over. We used to carve pumpkins every year, last year was the first time we didn't. It looks like this year is a miss too. Usually the kids will ask but it was crickets this year. They were more concerned with decorating.
Glad your thunderstorms are over. Enjoy those cups of tea.

Hi Tink, sorry I missed you this time, I hope to visit with you next time around. Glad that you had a nice trip and that you are doing good. Nice pic you posted!!

Hi Lori thank you and I hope you are too. When you come down you can send me a pm if you have time would love to meet up. I am a little nervous about how many kids will come and I don't want to run out of candy, but also don't want a lot left over. I figure we will see how it is this year then decide on the next. It's hard because my street has about 15 houses and eveyone gives out candy, and I don't want to be the new "grinch" on the street. Before the pandemic the families on this street did a lot of get togethers outside, and are very close. We will see if at some point in the future it comes back. The car loads of older kids make me a little nervous.

Hi Robbie and thank you, I enjoyed our dinner and chatting afterwards with Lynne. Sapphire was such a nice place to do it. We are going good thank you and I wish all the best to yours and are doing well. I look forward to meeting up again in the future.

Hi Pumpkin and thank you I will. It's funny I keep saying to Brian it is getting a little cool for me, LOL!! I enjoy the heat, shorts, flip flops and swimming so trying to find ways to still do it. The one thing the cooler weather is good for is our walking time. I hope all is well with you and your family.

:wave2: to the rest of the SANS, I hope everyone has a great day!
I definitely will PM you Bobbie!! Maybe something can work for a meet up!

Thank you Robbie...we do enjoy plates of meats and seafood.

The Halloween Scavenger Hunt is coming along nicely, I think we have about 35 kids coming now, all credit to the other ladies though who have done most of it.

Good luck to your Grandson with the game next week, hope they win!

Pumpkin, we have gloves now and my new heat holders hat is exceptionally warm, but so cosy. Hope you get some milder weather before winter hits properly.

Ducks are easy.....they really are, you just have to render the fat down well. With breasts you sometimes end up with a much smaller portion than you think as once you take the fat off it doesn`t look a lot, but so delicious. Whole ducks we cook above the tray so the grease falls under, and there really are a load of ways to cook them. We do like to make duck spring rolls for get togethers with friends.....they always disappear fast!!

Bobbie....glad to see you`re doing ok and hope the community comes back together soon, it`s always lovely when you can spend time with folks who live close.

Hope Keisha is enjoying her time in Orlando........looks lovely there right now......

Very full after dinner, ate a little too much, that was a large portion and I didn`t eat as much as I thought as it was incredibly filling. Still full up.

Very mild night tonight.......and quiet, hardly a breath outside, I think the breeze will come back tomorrow though.

Tired though tonight, doubt we`ll be late in bed........
I've never exactly made just duck myself either.....there was the one Christmas Eve I made a Turducken!!

Good luck & enjoy that Xmas trip. Great idea there in lieu of gifts

Lololol I found $3 Coronas at lunch, happy camper va the $9 Heineken sitting in front of us now waiting for hill house to start off the night It’s dry & we are sitting in the shade, I’m a happy camper tonight

Nice idea on the hunt!
Guess where we ate lunch
View attachment 616623

I can’t wait to see pics!

You must share. I’ve been mulling over that huge amount of meet. Has to be close to a whole cow
$3 Corona with those gorgeous burgers...I'd say a great lunch!!!

Have a super time tonight at HHN. Hope the weather stays nice for your evening!

A good chuckle for all the Michael Meyer lovers
OMG! I'd run in the other direction if I saw those 2 at Walmart!!
That being said, the "Titanic" scene made me laugh out loud, lol!!!

I just had to share something kinda funny...I was prepping carrots for roasting to go along with some other veggies and chicken tonight. I came across the skinniest carrot I've ever seen! It's thinner than my fingers, more like a pencil width, but much longer. I'm surprised I didn't break it while peeling the outer layer, lol!

A quick good evening. Nothing interesting happened today. We had a nice day after the rain yesterday except for it being very windy today.

everyone I just wanted to pop in and say hope all is well with everyone. I hope everyone is getting ready with their plans for Halloween
Hi Bobbie. No Halloween plans for us. Dh and I are going to a NASCAR race on Halloween.

Keisha - How did you get that score? I am awful at shooting games.

We're giving each other a Christmas and New Year's trip for Christmas
Great gifts.

So happy my Braves made it to the World Series and looking forward to seeing the game tonight. The kids gave me a night at the Omni Hotel at the Battery for Mother's Day this year which checked off an item on my bucket list. We stayed in a balcony room overlooking the ballpark and it was awesome to watch the game from our room.
Wow! That is an awesome room. I would love to watch a game that way.

We stopped a few years ago as well. Our entire subdivision is about 26 houses.
We stopped a few years ago too. We were only getting about 5 kids. Our neighborhood is small and very dark.

Charade.....I lost your quote......that meme was so accurate!!! And described them to a tee!!
Thanks. Have you ever heard of the Holderness Family? I follow them of Facebook. They do funny videos and parodies. They have some great ones spoofing the Hallmark movies.

Charade I like the new porch lights. Sounds like you are nearing the end of your remodel.
Thanks. We are.....for now........

I just had to share something kinda funny...I was prepping carrots for roasting to go along with some other veggies and chicken tonight. I came across the skinniest carrot I've ever seen! It's thinner than my fingers, more like a pencil width, but much longer. I'm surprised I didn't break it while peeling the outer layer, lol!
That's bizarre.

I'm watching the World Series tonight. Go Braves!!

I ended up making honey mustard chicken. I like honey mustard, and I think DH does too...

Did Pilates, walked the dogs, and took another 3 mile walk with a friend. Exercise covered for today!

Those beef short ribs sound divine!

You have a very thoughtful grandson! Good luck to him at his next game!

Hope your Halloween party is a HUGE success!!!

Is your DH and son having the head and rack taxidermy to hang?

I've never exactly made just duck myself either.....there was the one Christmas Eve I made a Turducken!!

$3 Corona with those gorgeous burgers...I'd say a great lunch!!!

Have a super time tonight at HHN. Hope the weather stays nice for your evening!

OMG! I'd run in the other direction if I saw those 2 at Walmart!!
That being said, the "Titanic" scene made me laugh out loud, lol!!!

View attachment 616626

lol....those carrots are skinny! I do someties cook them julienne style for certain dishes, but they always start out chunky!! You did well peeling them, but they would have looked pretty on the plate.

Honey mustard is one of favourite dishes with chicken, works beautifully with pork too, lush!! What did you think of the Turducken? One of my friends cooked one many years ago, I hated it, but not sure why as I like all the meats, but there was just something about it that put me off, felt even worse as she had cooked it so beautifully.

Glad you had a nice walk too, bit of fresh air works wonders for blowing off the cobwebs......

A quick good evening. Nothing interesting happened today. We had a nice day after the rain yesterday except for it being very windy today.

Hi Bobbie. No Halloween plans for us. Dh and I are going to a NASCAR race on Halloween.

Keisha - How did you get that score? I am awful at shooting games.

Great gifts.

Wow! That is an awesome room. I would love to watch a game that way.

We stopped a few years ago too. We were only getting about 5 kids. Our neighborhood is small and very dark.

Thanks. Have you ever heard of the Holderness Family? I follow them of Facebook. They do funny videos and parodies. They have some great ones spoofing the Hallmark movies.

Thanks. We are.....for now........

That's bizarre.

I'm watching the World Series tonight. Go Braves!!

No, never heard of them, but I don`t have Facebook so I tend to miss these things. I don`t have Twitter or Instagram either and apparently that`s odd not having any of them.....lol.....I do have friends that send me things from all the sites as they know I`ll never see them otherwise......always managed just fine without them.

Hope you`re happy with your final renovations, always nice to see everything completed.

Baked quite a bit last night, but not all for me, will hand some into the farm before we head out this morning, I may have tasted a sample of the produce though.....well, you`ve got to check the quality.

No idea what we`ll do this morning, wind is blowing so might not walk at all if it stays as it is, I can hear the trees billowing like crazy around us. Not going to be the best week ahead either.

Decided to simply sear, then roast the duck tonight and make a cherry maple sauce, sounds odd but it works nicely with duck, pork or chicken, doesn`t take long to cook. Simple breakfast and no idea for lunch yet......

But, mid week again......

i-TxmCQWs-Th.gif

cv46-S.jpg

cv61-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday :flower3:

47B2614A-B828-4226-AC44-15ED25FA547E.jpeg

Yay, a Wednesday it is, and camel’s here to say, yay, my family picked up pumpkins the other day, and carving them on Halloween. Doubt it will be a camel though. LoL

With that, yep, the camel is that reminder of this mid week hump of day it is today, the last Wednesday in October. Woot! That means the last Friday in October is getting that ever so closer.

Tink, yep, once my kids got teens, we gifted them trips for Christmas, and sometimes for birthdays. Enjoy the World Series games.

Robo, hope your party this weekend is excellent, as I’m sure it will be.

How nice to do that for the kids, Schumi. Candy treats are always fun for kids. And well, adults too. Hope tea is being enjoyed this morning.

Pumpkin, yay the hunt was very successful this time. Though I have to say, I’m not a game eating person. Not fond of duck, boar, even venison is a no. But with that sized animal, yay for a freezer full to enjoy eating.

Paris, yay for good sounding chicken. We haven’t done honey mustard chicken, but have made honey mustard dip for the chicken. We tend to eat quite a bit of chicken, as it is easy to make it almost any flavor. Kids chopped it up and made their own chicken fried rice last night. Was a tasty meal.

And so that week day routine for me. Happy there is two holiday days off in November, and ugh, a time change too, it’s that yay, a time off day every so many weeks time of year. And no time off for New Year’s Day. Interestingly, both that day and Christmas is on a Saturday. But will enjoy Christmas Eve as a federal holiday day off. Woot! Homies, it’s getting to be that holiday season.

But yay a candy filled, spooky weekend coming up.

And yay for great meal place for Keisha, and more HHN fun last night. Yay! Live posting. Enjoy your park fun today.

Ah yes, this Wonderful Wednesday is a week day routine one for me. As such need to refill that tea cup and get back to that other screen.

Have a most wonderful Wednesday homies.

Another super slow day at work. I’m currently waiting on a call back from the flooring place to see if they have an ETA on our flooring.

I stayed up too late watching the World Series only to fall asleep in the bottom of the 9th inning.

Schumi -It’s not too unusual that you don’t use social media. I know several people who don’t have any accounts. I only have Facebook which I mostly use to keep up with people fromall the places I have lived. B only has Facebook, but she rarely uses it.

Lynne - Great camel. B asks mostly for gift cards for birthdays and Christmas. I’m sure she would happily take a trip if I offered though.

I guess it’s time to start counting down to lunch.

Another super slow day at work. I’m currently waiting on a call back from the flooring place to see if they have an ETA on our flooring.

I stayed up too late watching the World Series only to fall asleep in the bottom of the 9th inning.

Schumi -It’s not too unusual that you don’t use social media. I know several people who don’t have any accounts. I only have Facebook which I mostly use to keep up with people fromall the places I have lived. B only has Facebook, but she rarely uses it.

Lynne - Great camel. B asks mostly for gift cards for birthdays and Christmas. I’m sure she would happily take a trip if I offered though.

I`m certainly not unusual among most of my friends, very few have FB unless it`s part of their business, but everyone, or almost everyone in my family has it and so many people on boards like this have asked me for my FB details.....some have even asked me how I keep in touch with everyone without it.......I manage just fine, I keep in contact with old friends, online friends, family and everyone else just fine, that`s what phones, emails and Facetime are for. My son has no interest in it either, except when he was at University and had to join for study groups and so on.

Hope your day passes quick.......

Friend dropped in for lunch as she was in the area, I brought out some of the curried pumpkin soup I`d made as she loves soup, I swear you could make soup out of wood and she`d like it! I had made bread last night so we enjoyed some of that too, very filling lunch and nice to see our friend too.

Duck was indeed delicious. Managed to serve it very pink and maple cherry sauce was tart enough to cut through the density of the duck.....lovely. I doubt I`ll eat anything till tomorrow lunchtime now.

Weather is still wild and woolly here, winds have been so high and no let up next few days, so doubt we`ll be doing much rest of the week.

Quiet night ahead........

Last edited:
Evening folks....just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone. :wave:

Carole...TooJay's is good...have to tried Jason's deli? Their sandwiches are very tasty.

I might have some good news in a week or two but I don't want to jinx myself so I'll keep my mouth shut for now.

I hope everyone is doing well.

HHN “In Search of Pizza Fries 2021.”

Life keeps gettin’ in the way of Gage’s trip…we’ve pushed it back to Saturday….and possibly even Sunday…..( Crazy, me knows, but ya gotta do what….well…y’all know.)

:wave2: everyone, Brian had to run out to pick up the younger one so I had a minute to stop by. The temperature dropped a bit tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be very stormy then cooler this weekend. It was nice weather for walking tonight.

Bobbie....glad to see you`re doing ok and hope the community comes back together soon, it`s always lovely when you can spend time with folks who live close.

Hi Carole thank you! I agree in my old neighborhood I was close to a couple of neighbors and it was nice to get together. I am looking forward to it possibly happening here in the future. Neighbors can become good friends and nice to have.

Hi Charade Oh that sounds like fun. We have never gone to a NASCAR race but did some enduro and stock car racing at our local track in CT. I was glad I saw your post about the AP rates today I got a jump on them. I hope it works out for you to schedule a trip.

Hi Lori I got your pm and sent one back, look forward to hoping to meet up!

I hope everyone had a great Hump day and a great night.!!!

Evening folks....just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone. :wave:

Carole...TooJay's is good...have to tried Jason's deli? Their sandwiches are very tasty.

I might have some good news in a week or two but I don't want to jinx myself so I'll keep my mouth shut for now.

I hope everyone is doing well.

lol....I know WHERE it is........we got lost there....another we`re going to Cuba type story :blush: but, no I`ve never heard of it. Tom`s more the sandwich fan between us, but will have a check, there`s loads of places around there to try.We also one year somehow got on the longest road with the most traffic stops ever in the history of man.....maybe E Colonial something or other!! Good Lord we thought we`d never got off that road, yes we got on it by accident coming home from somewhere......yes, we still had satnav......lol......

I hope it`s what I`m thinking..... won`t jinx you either, but know I`m thinking good wishes all the way!!!

Don`t be a stranger, it`s nice having company early mornings here....well, mid morning for me!!!

HHN “In Search of Pizza Fries 2021.”

Life keeps gettin’ in the way of Gage’s trip…we’ve pushed it back to Saturday….and possibly even Sunday…..( Crazy, me knows, but ya gotta do what….well…y’all know.)

Yep.....fingers crossed all goes well and the trip is this weekend.........

Another wild and woolly night here, winds only just above 20 odd mph, but sounds much worse. No rain forecast though, but tomorrow morning winds will drop and rain forecast! We`re going stir crazy not walking much this week. Although we knew it would diminish as the darker and colder days hit.

Got a few more Christmas presents delivered yesterday and a couple more today, I like that organised feeling. And think we`ve finally settled on a company to do our Covid pre flight test (so many options) and also our test within 2 days of flying home. We don`t need to test in Florida at all now.

No ideas for dinner tonight, might do some steaks. Breakfast is simple mixed fruit plate and croissants.

i-G74qcZ6-S.gif

cv14-S.jpg

cv21-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Thirsty Thursday 🍷

Quick good morning before heading out. I need to stop by my doctor's office for some blood work for my upcoming checkup.

I found out yesterday that my flooring is probably in a container off the coast of California. The flooring company hopes to have it in their warehouse by November 19 and then they will ship it to our local company. They have us tentatively scheduled for install on November 29. Hopefully that will happen.

Metro - Hope you get the good news.

Buckeev - Hope you are finally able to get your trip.

Bobbie - This will be our first ever NASCAR race. Should be interesting. I'll let you know if I plan another trip.

I'm trying to decide on when to book my next Universal trip. It will be another solo trip because dh and B don't have any days off next year until Spring break. I am thinking of either mid January or early February for Mardi Gras. I can get decent air fare for either of those times.

Had those pizza fries at Louie’s and they were fresh and tasty. MonyK was there with me, she can attest. LoL Hope you go on your trip this weekend, Buckeev.

Charade, yeah in daily news how bad the supply lines are still. So many ships waiting off the coast, not enough trucks and over worked container unloading ports. Hope you get your new floor before Christmas.

Ah yes, thirsty Thursday is here, and doing my part with tea and some drugs, as feel a headache coming on. Want to stop it before makes me feel like crap.

That terrific Thursday homies, enjoy a drink or three today.

lol....those carrots are skinny! I do someties cook them julienne style for certain dishes, but they always start out chunky!! You did well peeling them, but they would have looked pretty on the plate.

Honey mustard is one of favourite dishes with chicken, works beautifully with pork too, lush!! What did you think of the Turducken? One of my friends cooked one many years ago, I hated it, but not sure why as I like all the meats, but there was just something about it that put me off, felt even worse as she had cooked it so beautifully.

Glad you had a nice walk too, bit of fresh air works wonders for blowing off the cobwebs......

No, never heard of them, but I don`t have Facebook so I tend to miss these things. I don`t have Twitter or Instagram either and apparently that`s odd not having any of them.....lol.....I do have friends that send me things from all the sites as they know I`ll never see them otherwise......always managed just fine without them.

Hope you`re happy with your final renovations, always nice to see everything completed.

Baked quite a bit last night, but not all for me, will hand some into the farm before we head out this morning, I may have tasted a sample of the produce though.....well, you`ve got to check the quality.

No idea what we`ll do this morning, wind is blowing so might not walk at all if it stays as it is, I can hear the trees billowing like crazy around us. Not going to be the best week ahead either.

Decided to simply sear, then roast the duck tonight and make a cherry maple sauce, sounds odd but it works nicely with duck, pork or chicken, doesn`t take long to cook. Simple breakfast and no idea for lunch yet......

But, mid week again......

i-TxmCQWs-Th.gif

cv46-S.jpg

cv61-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday :flower3:
I thought the Turducken was average. DH thought it was really good and ate way too much! He had a stomach ache that night....and I made a late night run to Walgreens, lol!

View attachment 616739

Yay, a Wednesday it is, and camel’s here to say, yay, my family picked up pumpkins the other day, and carving them on Halloween. Doubt it will be a camel though. LoL

With that, yep, the camel is that reminder of this mid week hump of day it is today, the last Wednesday in October. Woot! That means the last Friday in October is getting that ever so closer.

Tink, yep, once my kids got teens, we gifted them trips for Christmas, and sometimes for birthdays. Enjoy the World Series games.

Robo, hope your party this weekend is excellent, as I’m sure it will be.

How nice to do that for the kids, Schumi. Candy treats are always fun for kids. And well, adults too. Hope tea is being enjoyed this morning.

Pumpkin, yay the hunt was very successful this time. Though I have to say, I’m not a game eating person. Not fond of duck, boar, even venison is a no. But with that sized animal, yay for a freezer full to enjoy eating.

Paris, yay for good sounding chicken. We haven’t done honey mustard chicken, but have made honey mustard dip for the chicken. We tend to eat quite a bit of chicken, as it is easy to make it almost any flavor. Kids chopped it up and made their own chicken fried rice last night. Was a tasty meal.

And so that week day routine for me. Happy there is two holiday days off in November, and ugh, a time change too, it’s that yay, a time off day every so many weeks time of year. And no time off for New Year’s Day. Interestingly, both that day and Christmas is on a Saturday. But will enjoy Christmas Eve as a federal holiday day off. Woot! Homies, it’s getting to be that holiday season.

But yay a candy filled, spooky weekend coming up.

And yay for great meal place for Keisha, and more HHN fun last night. Yay! Live posting. Enjoy your park fun today.

Ah yes, this Wonderful Wednesday is a week day routine one for me. As such need to refill that tea cup and get back to that other screen.

Have a most wonderful Wednesday homies.
Have fun carving those pumpkins!!

Hope you get the flooring soon!

:wave2: everyone, Brian had to run out to pick up the younger one so I had a minute to stop by. The temperature dropped a bit tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be very stormy then cooler this weekend. It was nice weather for walking tonight.

Hi Carole thank you! I agree in my old neighborhood I was close to a couple of neighbors and it was nice to get together. I am looking forward to it possibly happening here in the future. Neighbors can become good friends and nice to have.

Hi Charade Oh that sounds like fun. We have never gone to a NASCAR race but did some enduro and stock car racing at our local track in CT. I was glad I saw your post about the AP rates today I got a jump on them. I hope it works out for you to schedule a trip.

Hi Lori I got your pm and sent one back, look forward to hoping to meet up!

I hope everyone had a great Hump day and a great night.!!!
Hi Bobbie! Got the PM and texted you!

lol....I know WHERE it is........we got lost there....another we`re going to Cuba type story :blush: but, no I`ve never heard of it. Tom`s more the sandwich fan between us, but will have a check, there`s loads of places around there to try.We also one year somehow got on the longest road with the most traffic stops ever in the history of man.....maybe E Colonial something or other!! Good Lord we thought we`d never got off that road, yes we got on it by accident coming home from somewhere......yes, we still had satnav......lol......

I hope it`s what I`m thinking..... won`t jinx you either, but know I`m thinking good wishes all the way!!!

Don`t be a stranger, it`s nice having company early mornings here....well, mid morning for me!!!

Yep.....fingers crossed all goes well and the trip is this weekend.........

Another wild and woolly night here, winds only just above 20 odd mph, but sounds much worse. No rain forecast though, but tomorrow morning winds will drop and rain forecast! We`re going stir crazy not walking much this week. Although we knew it would diminish as the darker and colder days hit.

Got a few more Christmas presents delivered yesterday and a couple more today, I like that organised feeling. And think we`ve finally settled on a company to do our Covid pre flight test (so many options) and also our test within 2 days of flying home. We don`t need to test in Florida at all now.

No ideas for dinner tonight, might do some steaks. Breakfast is simple mixed fruit plate and croissants.

i-G74qcZ6-S.gif

cv14-S.jpg

cv21-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Thirsty Thursday 🍷

oh yes, steaks sound like a good choice!!

Hope you get that walk in!

Quick good morning before heading out. I need to stop by my doctor's office for some blood work for my upcoming checkup.

I found out yesterday that my flooring is probably in a container off the coast of California. The flooring company hopes to have it in their warehouse by November 19 and then they will ship it to our local company. They have us tentatively scheduled for install on November 29. Hopefully that will happen.

Metro - Hope you get the good news.

Buckeev - Hope you are finally able to get your trip.

Bobbie - This will be our first ever NASCAR race. Should be interesting. I'll let you know if I plan another trip.

I'm trying to decide on when to book my next Universal trip. It will be another solo trip because dh and B don't have any days off next year until Spring break. I am thinking of either mid January or early February for Mardi Gras. I can get decent air fare for either of those times.
UGH!! I'm getting so tired of these shipping delays! We ordered new stools off of Wayfair in September, due to be delivered in 1 week. We are still waiting on those darn stools....a new new new update saying early November currently. I'll believe it when those stools are on my doorstep!
But my credit card was charged....how convenient of them:headache:

Had those pizza fries at Louie’s and they were fresh and tasty. MonyK was there with me, she can attest. LoL Hope you go on your trip this weekend, Buckeev.

Charade, yeah in daily news how bad the supply lines are still. So many ships waiting off the coast, not enough trucks and over worked container unloading ports. Hope you get your new floor before Christmas.

Ah yes, thirsty Thursday is here, and doing my part with tea and some drugs, as feel a headache coming on. Want to stop it before makes me feel like crap.

That terrific Thursday homies, enjoy a drink or three today.
Hope you were able to fend off that headache Lynne!

A dreary Thursday with rain on the horizon. I spent an hour outside in the drizzle taking off our patio furniture covers. I then swept the cushions clean, and put them into the garage. Then brought all the covers into the garage to dry off before putting them into our large storage bin.
The metal frames will go out to the lake house storage unit this weekend for winter storage. The cushions will go into our lake house basement, which has much more storage space than here at home. (The majority of our basement at our primary house is additional living space)

This afternoon my parents and in-laws are coming down. We are all heading to Milwaukee to take DD out for a belated bday dinner. DD chose Benihana! Hopefully the 7 of us are able to get a table to ourselves....I know they do combine smaller parties.
The grandparents don't get to see DD very often, due to her demanding schedule. This is the first time they are seeing her apartment, and are in for a bit of a 'surprise'..... DD's roommate uses a stripper pole for exercise. It's impressive how the roommate uses it. Almost like ballet with a pole. And the upper body strength to use it is incredible too.
The pole didn't fit with the ability to move around in her bedroom, so it's in the living room!! DH and I were a bit shocked when we first saw it, mostly because we weren't expecting it....but it's really not a big deal.

I thought the Turducken was average. DH thought it was really good and ate way too much! He had a stomach ache that night....and I made a late night run to Walgreens, lol!

Have fun carving those pumpkins!!

Hope you get the flooring soon!

Hi Bobbie! Got the PM and texted you!

oh yes, steaks sound like a good choice!!

Hope you get that walk in!

UGH!! I'm getting so tired of these shipping delays! We ordered new stools off of Wayfair in September, due to be delivered in 1 week. We are still waiting on those darn stools....a new new new update saying early November currently. I'll believe it when those stools are on my doorstep!
But my credit card was charged....how convenient of them:headache:

Hope you were able to fend off that headache Lynne!

A dreary Thursday with rain on the horizon. I spent an hour outside in the drizzle taking off our patio furniture covers. I then swept the cushions clean, and put them into the garage. Then brought all the covers into the garage to dry off before putting them into our large storage bin.
The metal frames will go out to the lake house storage unit this weekend for winter storage. The cushions will go into our lake house basement, which has much more storage space than here at home. (The majority of our basement at our primary house is additional living space)

This afternoon my parents and in-laws are coming down. We are all heading to Milwaukee to take DD out for a belated bday dinner. DD chose Benihana! Hopefully the 7 of us are able to get a table to ourselves....I know they do combine smaller parties.
The grandparents don't get to see DD very often, due to her demanding schedule. This is the first time they are seeing her apartment, and are in for a bit of a 'surprise'..... DD's roommate uses a stripper pole for exercise. It's impressive how the roommate uses it. Almost like ballet with a pole. And the upper body strength to use it is incredible too.
The pole didn't fit with the ability to move around in her bedroom, so it's in the living room!! DH and I were a bit shocked when we first saw it, mostly because we weren't expecting it....but it's really not a big deal.

View attachment 617080

lol...I have heard of stripper poles being good for keeping fit......not on my Christmas list......oh lordy!!!

Nice you can have a lovely get together with the family for her birthday......hope it`s fun!

yes the turducken just put me right off for some reason, not something I`d choose to make. Oh poor DH!! Doesn`t sound good at all......

Well, we did manage our walk this morning and very pleasant it was too. It was quite windy, but not too bad and very warm weirdly, in the mid 60`s. We were boiled walking, but it certainly blew the cobwebs off us!

Got our packages delivered and I`ve even wrapped up some gifts which is unusual for me, wrapping is usually long after I`ve bought the gifts, but wrapped and gift tags on them so I don`t forget who they`re for. I`ve done that before :blush:

It`s back to raining tonight and to rain tomorrow too, but I`m in the library reading in the morning, looking forward to that.

We did enjoy steaks tonight, made a pepper sauce for those of us that do like a little sauce on the side and some spicy parmentier potatoes with a side salad, very lush.

Tea and a slice of coconut cake with lime drizzle over it........

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post. I've been busy playing catch up on chores and errands since last weekend was completely occupied with Formula 1. We didn't take any pictures of ourselves at the Ferrari Club dinner. We always forget to do that. However, we did take one picture that I am sure @schumigirl will appreciate. We had a great time at the dinner and race. It was an exhausting weekend, staying up too late, getting up early, eating and drinking way too much, and being out in the relentless sun. I was so tired that I slept about 12 hours Monday night. It wasn't really that hot for here, mostly high 80sF. However, the sun was just brutal; there were hardly any clouds the entire weekend. We drove the Ferrari to the track everyday and got lots of positive gestures while sitting in traffic to get the parking lot near the track :rotfl2:

IMG_0620.JPG

Looking forward to more debauchery this weekend with Halloween. Our neighborhood is doing a parade on Sunday, where people decorate their trucks and throw candy from the back to people on the curb. We are doing a Beetlejuice theme. We all have costumes and stuff for the truck. I have been waiting 1.5 months on my son's costume, sandworm. I probably could have learned to sew and made it myself in that amount of time. It's supposed to be delivered any day now. Either he or I will dress like Beetlejuice. I bought a back Lydia Deetz costume if the sandworm doesn't make it in time, just a black dress and big black sun hat, which I can reuse for everyday:thumbsup2 DH is going as Adam Maitland. I happened to have a way too big for me flannel shirt just like the one in the movie, and DH has short hair and glasses.

Now I am waiting on the second callback from Disney. I have to trade in our existing tickets to renew DH and DS annual passes. The passholder line can't do it, so they had ticketing call me back. Waited about 30 minutes for that. I didn't have to do this when I renewed my with existing tickets back in August:sad2: Ticketing called me back after an hour, and I immediately got disconnected from the waiting queue. I tried calling back, but no go. Had to call passholder line again and wait a bit.They put in another call back. Luckily, we still have a few weeks before theirs expire. I would do it in person, but their APs expire a few days before our trip. Plus, I would rather wait in a phone line now, than wait in-person while on vacation.

Saw my OBGYN last week for a checkup, and she said the biopsy came back OK and feels that the pre-cancerous cells got removed. So that's a relief.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.

:wave2: Finally making a quick afternoon stop in!

Not much to much happening here. Weather is beautiful again today. A warm (everyone else would be freezing lol) day today. Last night the windy was very chilly. Currently we are sitting at 50F or 10C Which in our part of the world is warm for Oct 28 lol. It's been -30 at this time of the year before :scared1: :cold: AND no snow yet either. It looks like it will be a brown year for trick or treating. Of course that would happen now when my kids are older...alllllllllllll the years that we took them out and it was sooo cold lol. Some years we lucked out with little snow or warm weather. It means more kiddos will be out!!! I'm ok with that.

Working an extra shift tonight at Homesense (HomeGoods for you US peeps) There will be lots of stock to play with tonight (and extra Xmas) as there were two trucks of inventory arrive today :rolleyes1 At least I won't have to try to look busy tonight. There will be lots of things to do tonight.

DH is spamming me lots of beautiful pictures of BC and the waterfront there. I told him he needs to book for us to go there for my birthday :rolleyes1 lol. Guess we will see if he caught onto that little bit of information.

Well, I should shuffle a few more papers today.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter