Something About Nothing............ #14

gif60-S.gif

Hope Janet and her mister have an amazing time......

Have a lovely trip......... :wave2:

Safe travels to Keisha and have fun, more HHN fun!

Good Morning to Julie and Schumi.

Ah yes, up before the sun still, though with cloudy skies, no sunlight to stream into the windows,

Glad to hear all enjoyed the play, Julie. Nice to see live shows. Hope Louie is keeping your feet warm. Enjoy your meal out later today.

Schumi, nice to have a relaxing Sunday, and hope friend visit is a happy one.

Yep, partly cloudy skies says the weather lady this morning. And eek, not even 60 degrees the high. 59 it will be the highest you will see on the thermometer later this afternoon. He he, not even pants, but maybe even a lightweight jacket or long sleeve shirt. Yeah, though even with that high temp, kids will be in shorts, with only little one with a sweatshirt on.

And yep, a typical Sunday here. Trash out, and ready for week day routines.

And nope, no Saturday grocery shopping for me, but maybe some today. If I do grocery shop, I like to do it on an early Sunday morning. Lesser crowds usually.

Serene Sunday homies. Another day for all to enjoy the relaxing mode of the weekend.

Good morning. Trying to get in a quick post before church.
We had a fun night last night. Anyone here a fan of the show Anamaniacs? We went to a "concert" last night. It was some of the voice actors and composers for the show. It was a fun trip down memory lane.

We had four days up in Yorkshire for Charles funeral. It was a beautiful day that couldn’t have gone any better. My friend is coming down here in 3 weeks so we have been busy changing the playroom into a guest room/office. Day bed arrived yesterday and I enjoyed dressing it. Now L says it’s so pretty she wants to sleep in it!

Tomorrow we are meeting with family - 13 of us (and Louie). Will be quite emotional as the first time since Covid that we’ve all been together and the two new babies. Booked at a restaurant to save work for Sister in law or myself.
Glad everything went well for the funeral. Hope your friend had a nice stay with you and your family time goes well.

Well, nothing like a weekend, and a change in weather. Those glorious sunny and nice weather days has ended. Hence our run of highs barely 60 degrees, and rain chances, including my phone saying chance of light rain in the next hour, starts today. And since it’s still 50 out now, I think with the rain, and a bit more warmer days, and DH will have to mow the grass one more time. Ah yes, that Fall cooler temps and rainy week has arrived.
I'm loving the fall weather. It's just too bad it doesn't last longer. I'm not looking forward to winter.

admittedly type A person speaking here, I’d be quite frustrated it hadn’t been addressed already
It's really frustrating since I live so far away. If I were in Georgia this would have been taken care of already.

One of my DS’s moms was a rep, I have so many ‘vintage’ pampered chef items that have held up, good as new. a nice little cookbook too.
I'm still using items I got before B was born.

DH and I are going to my BFFs 50th birthday party this afternoon. She and I have been friends since the 3rd grade, and have gone through practically every 'big' life event together.
So cool that you are still close with a friend from so long ago. I keep in touch with a couple of old friends on Facebook, but unfortunately we stopped being close ages ago.

It’s only 70 degrees today and will put the heat on if temps drop more later
I have been turning the heat on for a little while in the mornings. We are at that stage where we need heat in the morning, but air in the afternoon.

I`m not allowed to mention Angela Lansbury.....on Christmas Day 2016 after a year of losing so many celebs, I said to my niece over dinner as long as nothing happens to George Michael or Angela Lansbury I`ll be happy......got back to our hotel room and we saw the news George Michael had passed away.......I keep my yap shut now on favoured celebs!!
I just saw that she had a birthday very recently. 96 I think.

I'll probably watch "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" again tonight.
A classic. I haven't swatched it in years though.

Amazing special effects and scenery changes. The bed actually flew and we really couldn’t work out how. Same with her flying on her broomstick! Children’s favourite part was under the sea with puppetry fish.
That sounds really cool. I watched the movie when we first got Disney Plus. I would love to see it on stage.

Almost time to leave. A friend posted this on Facebook and I laughed more than I probably should have.

I'm loving the fall weather. It's just too bad it doesn't last longer. I'm not looking forward to winter.

I do like autumn too, we`ve just had so many high winds last few weeks......I like sunny crisp days if it`s going to be cold.

Yes, she did and she`s still working too. Class.

She is a living treasure. :goodvibes

She absolutely is. Adore everything she has ever done. First thing I saw her in was the remake of Gaslight, which was far superior to the original weirdly. She was so young in it, but what a woman she is and what a life she`s had.

Busy but nice day today.

Even managed some quiet time on my own while they went swimming. Friend had gone by then.

Have the beef ready to go in the oven, won`t take long to cook this one, we like it quite rare, doing some roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and roast carrots and parsnips......red wine jus to go alongside. Lush.

I think it`ll be an early night for us tonight.....think we`re going to watch The Woman in Black, I know we`ve seen it but Tom doesn`t remember it. I just hate the ending.

Lovely time with family today. This is my new grandson. He’s a quiet little chap so far. Only 5 months old. Does get a chuckle on occasionally!

3DAC6DE6-C07E-416C-8D09-71C12594739E.jpeg
This is my granddaughter L with my nephews little one. Six months old today. She’s a little sweetheart.
B696C8F7-DDE2-42F1-B42A-5AC7E68A7854.jpeg
It was lovely to be together. Like to think Mum and Dad would be proud of how we are all doing.

Goodness though two consecutive days out and I’m home and in my pj’s!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend x

Sitting in lobby watching it rain hoping room ready sooner be later as no going out in that mess. Told ‘it’s being disinfected’. That should be a good thing, I think

Drove up to resort on universal blvd & spied Publix. Bingo. Then nyfd pizza. Boohoo closed. Then in same complex saw a place Carole recommended beths burgers. Better than five guys imo well except for fries that were still good. Hit the spot. Passed on the $2 cans of PBR did get a giggle haven’t seen that brew in years
E6A0902C-CFA3-42A5-A672-BF0BB53306F4.jpeg
Made me realise how much we’ve missed live theatre.
Feel the same but nothing interesting coming to my town
Never seen that before, actually I don`t think I`ve ever watched anything Charlie Brown....
Whaaaat? The Xmas show is also a classic
We had a fun night last night. Anyone here a fan of the show Anamaniacs? We went to a "concert" last night. It was some of the voice actors and composers for the show. It was a fun trip down memory lane.
Oh no, now that ear worm theme song stuck in my head lol
was lovely to be together. Like to think Mum and Dad would be proud of how we are all doing.
Indeed

Sitting in lobby watching it rain hoping room ready sooner be later as no going out in that mess. Told ‘it’s being disinfected’. That should be a good thing, I think

Drove up to resort on universal blvd & spied Publix. Bingo. Then nyfd pizza. Boohoo closed. Then in same complex saw a place Carole recommended beths burgers. Better than five guys imo well except for fries that were still good. Hit the spot. Passed on the $2 cans of PBR did get a giggle haven’t seen that brew in years
View attachment 616012

Indeed

Glad you enjoyed it! Yes, I loved the fries from Beth`s, I think I had the Cajun ones.....nice!! That`s the NYPD we like, better than the other one on the other side to Universal.

Yep, never watched anything Charlie Brown......lol.....am I still allowed into America after admitting that! Have fun........

Watched The Woman in Black again.......what a dreary, depressing film.......horrible ending. Tom remembered it right at the end......ah, told you we`d seen it before......lol......will never watch it again....

Little bit of rain tonight, but not much. Should get out walking in the morning, weather looks ok.

Tonic water beckons.......

Yay, Keisha had the Spirit made it there, and those fries look 👀 good. Like a burger place, so have to put that place on my list, as little one particularly likes a good burger and fries.

Such sweet pictures, Julie. Thank you for sharing.

Oh yeah, we have watched those Snoopy holiday shows many years. Same with Rudolf and Frosty Christmas ones. Grew up with them and my kids did too. Though have to say, older one said I’ll be 24 soon. Where did the time go? I’m not getting old, right???!

And so, trash has gone out, and alarm has been set. No one felt like much for dinner, so made grilled cheese sandwiches with those freshly bought pickles. I tend to keep a jar of them in the refrigerator.

Sunday night relaxing. Yep. Made some tea, and enjoying it as to figure out what to watch on my little screen.

Late night check in. I am probably going to be up for awhile. I wasn't feeling well after lunch today. We started to watch the race this afternoon, but I fell asleep almost immediately and woke up almost 3 hours later.

I do like autumn too, we`ve just had so many high winds last few weeks......I like sunny crisp days if it`s going to be cold.
I could do without the wind too. Just a light breeze.

She absolutely is. Adore everything she has ever done. First thing I saw her in was the remake of Gaslight, which was far superior to the original weirdly. She was so young in it, but what a woman she is and what a life she`s had.
I've never seen the original. I would like to watch that movie again. I wonder if it is streaming somewhere. I need to look that up.

Lovely time with family today.
Glad you were able to spend time with family today. Sweet pictures of the grand children.

Passed on the $2 cans of PBR did get a giggle haven’t seen that brew in years
I didn't know they were still making it.
The food looks good.

Sorry.

I'm trying to find something on TV to hopefully fall asleep to. Normally at this time I would be watching Murder, She Wrote, but Hallmark has started their all Christmas movie all day lineup.

Late night check in. I am probably going to be up for awhile. I wasn't feeling well after lunch today. We started to watch the race this afternoon, but I fell asleep almost immediately and woke up almost 3 hours later.

I've never seen the original. I would like to watch that movie again. I wonder if it is streaming somewhere. I need to look that up.

Glad you were able to spend time with family today. Sweet pictures of the grand children.

The food looks good.

Sorry.

I'm trying to find something on TV to hopefully fall asleep to. Normally at this time I would be watching Murder, She Wrote, but Hallmark has started their all Christmas movie all day lineup.

Can you believe our Hallmark Christmas movie channel appeared in the listings July 1st this year! Other 6 months it`s just listed as Hallmark Lifetime movies or something similar......yep, July 1st!

Love MSW......watched one of my favourites yesterday when she visited US Hollywood and the story was set around the Psycho house......they do a very nice salute to Hitchcock right at the beginning as well as many nods to Psycho all through the episode.

I found I was bored with the original Gaslight, but, Charles Boyer makes the remake work so well as he is so sinister. But, yes, I`m sure at some point I`ll watch it again. The dvd is usually on sale somewhere for a few pounds, sure it`ll be the same over there, or it might be online somewhere.

Looks like when it gets light we`ll be able to walk this morning, wind has died right down to next to nothing, might as well take advantage as weather has to suck later in the week. Although the weather on my phone is telling me it`s raining right now.....doesn`t look like it yet.

Sad to see James Michael Tyler who played the wonderful Gunther in Friends passed away yesterday, only 59 years old. Such a shame.

No ideas what we`ll eat tonight, but will be marinading some short ribs all day in ale to cook overnight in the slow cooker, that`ll be tomorrow nights dinner, but will have a look later and see what options we have for tonight. Maybe some spicy pulled pork.....

Going into the last week in October.....wow......can`t quite believe how fast this year is going by too.

i-ZwCfCdW-Th.jpg

cv17-S.jpg

cv83-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday 😁

Ah yes, Monday is here. Back to that every early start, but that’s okay, I’m an early riser anyway.

Yay, back to shorts today. A one day close to 80, with that strong line of thunderstorms arriving later this evening, will drop the temps back over 20 degrees, with a very rainy Tuesday’s high being 60. And so, as the Fall starts to turn to Winter, we get these swings in temps. Though 60’s are the average highs this time of year.

Monday Morning wishes to the homies, a Marvelous one, yes?

Good morning. Time to face another Monday.
My Kohls cash became effective today, so I ordered a couple of things from B’s Christmas list.

Can you believe our Hallmark Christmas movie channel appeared in the listings July 1st this year! Other 6 months it`s just listed as Hallmark Lifetime movies or something similar......yep, July 1st!
I think we usually get a couple of weeks of Christmas in July ( or maybe it’s all of July), but then it goes back to regular programming until closer to Christmas. It would have been nice if they had waited at least until November to start them.

Ooh all these October babies! Enjoy the party, Paris. Yeah, I’ve been friends with a girl I met in 1st grade. Our birthdays are next to each other.

May the Spirit get you there, Keisha. Lucky ducky on vacation tomorrow.
Thx!! The party was a blast!

:wave2: a quiet Saturday morning stop in!

Enjoying the quiet of the house. DH and oldest ds are out hunting. So far the rain is staying away, and the morning looks to be great. The forecast was for rain today. I guess the weatherperson was wrong. Youngest ds had an early ( 4 am shift ) so he was up extremely early and out of the house. I couldn't get back to sleep once the hunters were done loading (going in and out of the house numerous times) all their gear.

So I'm sitting with my coffee with bailey's and had a piece of toast to go with it. Turned on Disney and watching some disney documentaries this morning while trying to figure out best flights/hotels, car rental. Direct flights from the west (Calgary) going to eastern lower states are limited - sadly. I'm just trying to limit the amount of layovers and what would be our best solution. I am trying to avoid a layover in Toronto - for winter storm reasons. They can get nasty winter storms the delay travel for days. This is all part of the fun.

Depending on which weeks we go, we might even be able to take in a hockey game and see our Oilers play in Tampa. I haven't told dh that yet. I am sure once I tell him that, I know which week we will be in Florida.

I will be heading out for a nice long walk today to enjoy the last of the warmer fall weather we are blessed with today. That while stuff could come any day now.

Those look great! I'm sure you are more than ready for the work to be wrapped up now. Dinners out are always nice way to wrap up a busy and stressful week. I hope you get everything sorted with your mom's situation quickly.

Yum!!! I love a good board. Dh loves to whip up a quick board when we gets home the odd night. I love snacky type meals.

Enjoy your time together. Reconnecting with family is exactly what heals.

Dinner was tasty. Ordered pizza from a local joint that has great pizza - that has that great homemade style pizza. Very tasty. I already pulled the rhubarb out of the freezer to whip up a strawberry rhubarb crumble for tonight. Thinking that a chicken stew is also on the menu for tonight.

Enjoy your travels!!!!!!

I think that as our kids get older, we enjoy and appreciate the times we get to spend with them. Happy birthday to your dd. It looked like she had a great time!

Well, I should get myself dressed and MAYBE do a few chores around the house as well. It sure would be nice to have some parts of the house be self cleaning :rotfl:

Have a great day everyone!!!
I laughed when I read about your guys going in, out, in out.... DH does the same thing with all his fishing gear. You'd think he was leaving for a month, not a week! Lol!

It’s only 70 degrees today and will put the heat on if temps drop more later

Been close to 6 years since we moved south….
how quickly we have forgotten what a real winter is

AC goes off and heat goes on when it’s less than 70 outside

Lawn service came this morning and expect the fall treatment plan will be applied in December.
Probably another mow or two before that happens

Good to see a lot of homies here today!
Enjoy the weekend !
That's ok Mac! I can remind you of what you left behind....lucky gal!!
We will reach a high of 51 today, overcast and rainy.

Wanted to share this part of an interview from an actress, delivering her take on driving in my fair city lol
View attachment 615705

Yummo

Are we rocking a princess Di cut? Tended to be that or ‘the Rachel’ from friends that era. Dating myself, I embraced the feathered Farrah one

I like that start way better than “it was a dark & stormy night” lol
Gosh, I have no idea about the haircut! Was way toooooo busy trying to not be awkward in middle school, lol!!

I`m not allowed to mention Angela Lansbury.....on Christmas Day 2016 after a year of losing so many celebs, I said to my niece over dinner as long as nothing happens to George Michael or Angela Lansbury I`ll be happy......got back to our hotel room and we saw the news George Michael had passed away.......I keep my yap shut now on favoured celebs!!

Yes, complimenting wait staff is so important....so many don`t recognise good service.

Bon Voyage for tomorrow if I don`t chat to you before.......hope you have the best time as always......although I know you will.......:hug:

Love the picture of you and you friend from long ago.....I cherish my old pictures of friends from back in the day.......I love the sandwich idea you`re doing, sounds lovely, hope it`s a lot of fun!!! I think I only have one friend from when we were young children, but one of those friendships we may not speak for many years, but when we do it`s as if we spoke yesterday. Cherished friends for sure.

Charcuterie was a simple one tonight, nothing fancy as it was just the two of us.....and no cheese for health, but we don`t eat a lot of cheese in general....and we missed the smoked salmon...but my goodness we enjoyed it. Will post a pic.....

Have a lovely time with DD!!!

Tom was looking at pictures earlier and commented he would never have recognised you from our first meet in Strong Water, to the last meet in Orchids 2019....you look so different......men!!

Bailey`s and toast.....you are my kinda gal!!!

I agree, the older our kids get the more we appreciate the time they want to spend with us......I have some friends who are envious of the ones whose kids will still travel with them.....it`s a blessing for sure. Good luck with the travel plans and enjoy that walking while you can!!

Enjoy that crumble......I made pavlova for dessert tonight! Not diet friendly, but so lush!!

Hope the hunters come home with some food.....and have a lovely weekend.......

That would be tropical for us over here in the travels of the NE wind that seems to hit straight from Siberia to my doors at the front of the house.......lol.......

Sounds good if lawn will need doing again this season.........you have the best weather!!

I know you mentioned it earlier, but it`s been 6 years since you moved South????? Where has that time gone.......

Nothing fancy tonight with the charcuterie, just a simple mix with some home made bread olive bread and all deli bought meats to go along with it.....shrimp were fresh from the fishmonger though......I`m informed you`re supposed to leave the tails on for effect.......not for me.

(Scotch eggs were not for me)

Lovely afternoon. Had my appointment with our surgeon friend this afternoon, foot looks good and no long term issues, then met some friends for a drink in the local village pub and wandered home after a lovely catch up and some nice wines. Had a few calls about the scavenger hunt next weekend, so got them sorted out and then enjoyed the charcuterie board with a fine wine. Definitely missing smoked salmon, but still nice.

We did have mini quiche slices, but they seem to have been eaten before I could serve them up........seems some folks were hungry..........

Found a lovely sweet chilli balsamic vinegar to dip which was delicious......

Some lovely red wine for tonight too......candles are burning and it`s very cosy in here tonight. Planning to watch some Sweeney Todd tonight......gotta love some Johnny Depp.....I`ve never watched this movie, so hope we enjoy it.

B40774B4-DF40-4253-A543-1DA9C57FED80-M.jpg

A5A873F5-D129-4373-81B7-462AFC20DA37-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday evening.......
Your charcuterie looks lush, as always!!

The apps for the party were a success.....both platters were cleared!

I'm intriuged....why did Tom say he didn't recognize me from one photo to the other?

I remember it like it was yesterday...... ::yes::

So, I didn`t realise Sweeney Todd the movie was musical version, yes, even the Johnny depp version....so, switched it off. Not for me, even with the gorgeous Mr Depp.....

Full from dinner……enjoying a glass or two of wine.

Im normally not a fan of fireworks in any form, but a lovely lady who lived in our village passed away a year ago today, so some Of the villagers are going to light sparklers at 9.30 tonight……we are a little away from them but the daughter gave us some sparklers to light, so we will……..heading out to do that now…..she was a lovely lady, so we’re happy to remember her this way.

Then, another glass of wine………
Sweet tribute...

The boys came home empty handed , but spotted lots of animals. Better luck tomorrow.

Went for a lovely walk as it was unusually warm. Opened the windows to air out the house. Did a few chores, and whipped up chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight. It turned out great. The dumplings were sooo fluffy. I haven't made that in a few years. I will have to remember to make it again.

And the warm strawberry rhubarb crumble with ice cream for dessert 😋. I am STUFFED!!! Tomorrow is a light eating day lol.

Think I'll work on my paint by number and put on a movie. A great way to spend my evening! View attachment 615815
DD started a paint by number over summer break....wish she would finish it, lol!

Morning all.

Keisha oh yes love Angela Lansbury! Up there with Dick Van Dyke for Em and me. The actress who took her part and the actor who took Mr Brown were both the star of the show.

Amazing special effects and scenery changes. The bed actually flew and we really couldn’t work out how. Same with her flying on her broomstick! Children’s favourite part was under the sea with puppetry fish.

Made me realise how much we’ve missed live theatre.

J’aime I love the photo. Hope she enjoys a wonderful party.

Pumpkin hope you enjoyed your walk. Coffee and Baileys yum - I like it in hot chocolate! When should you hear about your interview?

Charade so sorry to read back that you’re still sorting Mum issues. Very impressed with your home renovations though. You’ve progressed well with the work.

Beautiful morning here - bright and breezy. Will cook brunch about 10 with eating out at 4 so only that meal to organise today.

Peaceful Sunday to you all.
Thank you, Real! It was a great time!

Good morning. Trying to get in a quick post before church.

Glad everything went well for the funeral. Hope your friend had a nice stay with you and your family time goes well.

It's really frustrating since I live so far away. If I were in Georgia this would have been taken care of already.

I'm still using items I got before B was born.

So cool that you are still close with a friend from so long ago. I keep in touch with a couple of old friends on Facebook, but unfortunately we stopped being close ages ago.

I have been turning the heat on for a little while in the mornings. We are at that stage where we need heat in the morning, but air in the afternoon.

A classic. I haven't swatched it in years though.

That sounds really cool. I watched the movie when we first got Disney Plus. I would love to see it on stage.

Almost time to leave. A friend posted this on Facebook and I laughed more than I probably should have.

View attachment 615902
We are lucky to still be so close!
We don't live terribly far from one another, our kids are the same age and get along super well, our husbands are two peas in a pod, our parents hang out together and still live in the city where we grew up. All that helps...

Lovely time with family today. This is my new grandson. He’s a quiet little chap so far. Only 5 months old. Does get a chuckle on occasionally!

View attachment 616009
This is my granddaughter L with my nephews little one. Six months old today. She’s a little sweetheart.
View attachment 616010
It was lovely to be together. Like to think Mum and Dad would be proud of how we are all doing.

Goodness though two consecutive days out and I’m home and in my pj’s!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend x
Beautiful memories!! You have such cute grandchildren!

View attachment 616012

Indeed
PBR is DHs favorite beer!! He was drinking it on tap Saturday night at the 50th bday party.
I better keep quiet, or we will be hanging out at Beths Burgers while in Orlando, lol!

Glad you enjoyed it! Yes, I loved the fries from Beth`s, I think I had the Cajun ones.....nice!! That`s the NYPD we like, better than the other one on the other side to Universal.

Yep, never watched anything Charlie Brown......lol.....am I still allowed into America after admitting that! Have fun........

Watched The Woman in Black again.......what a dreary, depressing film.......horrible ending. Tom remembered it right at the end......ah, told you we`d seen it before......lol......will never watch it again....

Little bit of rain tonight, but not much. Should get out walking in the morning, weather looks ok.

Tonic water beckons.......
I've never heard of that movie....looked it up and saw that Harry Potter is in it, lol!

Yay, Keisha had the Spirit made it there, and those fries look 👀 good. Like a burger place, so have to put that place on my list, as little one particularly likes a good burger and fries.

Such sweet pictures, Julie. Thank you for sharing.

Oh yeah, we have watched those Snoopy holiday shows many years. Same with Rudolf and Frosty Christmas ones. Grew up with them and my kids did too. Though have to say, older one said I’ll be 24 soon. Where did the time go? I’m not getting old, right???!

And so, trash has gone out, and alarm has been set. No one felt like much for dinner, so made grilled cheese sandwiches with those freshly bought pickles. I tend to keep a jar of them in the refrigerator.

Sunday night relaxing. Yep. Made some tea, and enjoying it as to figure out what to watch on my little screen.
Yes, watched all those shows as well for years and years.

Do you remember a holiday show with Nester the donkey? His donkey momma died during a snow storm sheltering him.
Apparently I cried and cried after watching it....so inconsolable that my babysitter had to call my parents home!

The food looks good.

Sorry.

This is probably not the norm, and some will be shocked.....I've never watched a Hallmark or Lifetime movie ever! in my life! No interest on my part...

Love MSW......watched one of my favourites yesterday when she visited US Hollywood and the story was set around the Psycho house......they do a very nice salute to Hitchcock right at the beginning as well as many nods to Psycho all through the episode.

I found I was bored with the original Gaslight, but, Charles Boyer makes the remake work so well as he is so sinister. But, yes, I`m sure at some point I`ll watch it again. The dvd is usually on sale somewhere for a few pounds, sure it`ll be the same over there, or it might be online somewhere.

Looks like when it gets light we`ll be able to walk this morning, wind has died right down to next to nothing, might as well take advantage as weather has to suck later in the week. Although the weather on my phone is telling me it`s raining right now.....doesn`t look like it yet.

Sad to see James Michael Tyler who played the wonderful Gunther in Friends passed away yesterday, only 59 years old. Such a shame.

No ideas what we`ll eat tonight, but will be marinading some short ribs all day in ale to cook overnight in the slow cooker, that`ll be tomorrow nights dinner, but will have a look later and see what options we have for tonight. Maybe some spicy pulled pork.....

Going into the last week in October.....wow......can`t quite believe how fast this year is going by too.

i-ZwCfCdW-Th.jpg

cv17-S.jpg

cv83-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday 😁
I was sad about Gunther....he was an asset to that show

Ah yes, Monday is here. Back to that every early start, but that’s okay, I’m an early riser anyway.

Yay, back to shorts today. A one day close to 80, with that strong line of thunderstorms arriving later this evening, will drop the temps back over 20 degrees, with a very rainy Tuesday’s high being 60. And so, as the Fall starts to turn to Winter, we get these swings in temps. Though 60’s are the average highs this time of year.

Monday Morning wishes to the homies, a Marvelous one, yes?
You will be getting the storm that started here around supper yesterday, lasted all night and is finally heading out...it was a soaker.

My Kohls cash became effective today, so I ordered a couple of things from B’s Christmas list.

I think we usually get a couple of weeks of Christmas in July ( or maybe it’s all of July), but then it goes back to regular programming until closer to Christmas. It would have been nice if they had waited at least until November to start them.
Good reminder to check if I have any Kohls cash. I sometimes forget to use them...

We had a super time at my BFFs 50th party! After the WI Badgers football team secured the win, the music came on and we danced and danced to all our favorites from our teen-- college years. It's always so fun to hear those "classics" again!

DH is doing really well on his new health journey. He lost 10 pounds already! Gotta admit I'm a bit jealous...I have been mostly eating the same as him, and I've only lost 1, maybe 2 pounds.
Dang hormones and metabolism!!

Have a couple errands to run, and will go to they gym a bit later this morning. Not much else on this dreary Monday...

Yep, but I’m glad the bulk of that rainy weather is in our overnight. Saying about 1.75 inches to fall before it leaves Tuesday afternoon, Paris. Soaker, yep. Glad to hear party was so much fun. Yeah, I think us later in life women have trouble with those pound loss. But at least you may be feeling healthy, so that’s a good thing.

Ugh, not even quite lunchtime yet. And only heard a peep from older one, as I think he has class in the afternoon. Haven’t heard little one, but I know her class has already started and will be done after I leave for my lunchtime walk. And yay, seems bright enough out, shorts and sunglasses. Yay!

I have to admit, much as though I adore anything Christmassy, I cannot get into those type of movies. I have tried, but maybe too sugary. Yes, even now is far too early even for me.

Thx!! The party was a blast!

I laughed when I read about your guys going in, out, in out.... DH does the same thing with all his fishing gear. You'd think he was leaving for a month, not a week! Lol!

That's ok Mac! I can remind you of what you left behind....lucky gal!!
We will reach a high of 51 today, overcast and rainy.

Gosh, I have no idea about the haircut! Was way toooooo busy trying to not be awkward in middle school, lol!!

Your charcuterie looks lush, as always!!

The apps for the party were a success.....both platters were cleared!

I'm intriuged....why did Tom say he didn't recognize me from one photo to the other?

Sweet tribute...

DD started a paint by number over summer break....wish she would finish it, lol!

Thank you, Real! It was a great time!

We are lucky to still be so close!
We don't live terribly far from one another, our kids are the same age and get along super well, our husbands are two peas in a pod, our parents hang out together and still live in the city where we grew up. All that helps...

Beautiful memories!! You have such cute grandchildren!

PBR is DHs favorite beer!! He was drinking it on tap Saturday night at the 50th bday party.
I better keep quiet, or we will be hanging out at Beths Burgers while in Orlando, lol!

I've never heard of that movie....looked it up and saw that Harry Potter is in it, lol!

Yes, watched all those shows as well for years and years.

Do you remember a holiday show with Nester the donkey? His donkey momma died during a snow storm sheltering him.
Apparently I cried and cried after watching it....so inconsolable that my babysitter had to call my parents home!

This is probably not the norm, and some will be shocked.....I've never watched a Hallmark or Lifetime movie ever! in my life! No interest on my part...

I was sad about Gunther....he was an asset to that show

You will be getting the storm that started here around supper yesterday, lasted all night and is finally heading out...it was a soaker.

Good reminder to check if I have any Kohls cash. I sometimes forget to use them...

We had a super time at my BFFs 50th party! After the WI Badgers football team secured the win, the music came on and we danced and danced to all our favorites from our teen-- college years. It's always so fun to hear those "classics" again!

DH is doing really well on his new health journey. He lost 10 pounds already! Gotta admit I'm a bit jealous...I have been mostly eating the same as him, and I've only lost 1, maybe 2 pounds.
Dang hormones and metabolism!!

Have a couple errands to run, and will go to they gym a bit later this morning. Not much else on this dreary Monday...

Glad the party was such a success, it did sound a lot of fun....and someone else`s birthday is getting closer by the day........ :rolleyes1

Good for your DH!!! Men.....it falls off of them somehow, you look fab as you are though!

I think it was your hair Lori, it was very different the second time we met, and he expected it to be the same......again, men.....lol......

Beth`s Burgers are good!! We`ve been visiting there a few years now and it is just a bar type place, but service and food is excellent! We met "The" Beth last time and she was so lovely, got a picture of Tom with her, very nice lady.

Yes, Daniel Radcliffe didn`t really carry it off....he is so identifiable as HP......but dreary movie all round. I`m the same Lori.....cannot get into those kind of movies, tried a Lifestyle one once.....that was enough!!! They seem to have a whole host of actors no one has ever heard of act in them......dreadful!!

Have a great day.......

Turned out the most beautiful day here. Sun was shining from early doors, so walking one way this morning we needed sunglasses as it was just so low this time of year. Got 7 miles in this morning and it was lovely, nice and quiet along the seafront.

I`ve been asked to read at the library on Friday morning......Spooky Tales is the theme......it`s half term here so the littler ones will be there and dressed up in their Halloween costumes if they wish, should be fun as there are several of us reading throughout the day. Will be nice.

Doing spicy pulled pork for dinner and parmentier potatoes with paprika and some salad, always a hit in our home. Not sure if everyone is going swimming tonight, but will check and serve smaller portions if they are.

Hope Keisha is having a blast with her mister.

Yep, but I’m glad the bulk of that rainy weather is in our overnight. Saying about 1.75 inches to fall before it leaves Tuesday afternoon, Paris. Soaker, yep. Glad to hear party was so much fun. Yeah, I think us later in life women have trouble with those pound loss. But at least you may be feeling healthy, so that’s a good thing.

Ugh, not even quite lunchtime yet. And only heard a peep from older one, as I think he has class in the afternoon. Haven’t heard little one, but I know her class has already started and will be done after I leave for my lunchtime walk. And yay, seems bright enough out, shorts and sunglasses. Yay!
Sleeping better, I've noticed. So that is a plus!

Enjoy that sunny walk!!

I have to admit, much as though I adore anything Christmassy, I cannot get into those type of movies. I have tried, but maybe too sugary. Yes, even now is far too early even for me.

Glad the party was such a success, it did sound a lot of fun....and someone else`s birthday is getting closer by the day........ :rolleyes1

Good for your DH!!! Men.....it falls off of them somehow, you look fab as you are though!

I think it was your hair Lori, it was very different the second time we met, and he expected it to be the same......again, men.....lol......

Beth`s Burgers are good!! We`ve been visiting there a few years now and it is just a bar type place, but service and food is excellent! We met "The" Beth last time and she was so lovely, got a picture of Tom with her, very nice lady.

Yes, Daniel Radcliffe didn`t really carry it off....he is so identifiable as HP......but dreary movie all round. I`m the same Lori.....cannot get into those kind of movies, tried a Lifestyle one once.....that was enough!!! They seem to have a whole host of actors no one has ever heard of act in them......dreadful!!

Have a great day.......

Turned out the most beautiful day here. Sun was shining from early doors, so walking one way this morning we needed sunglasses as it was just so low this time of year. Got 7 miles in this morning and it was lovely, nice and quiet along the seafront.

I`ve been asked to read at the library on Friday morning......Spooky Tales is the theme......it`s half term here so the littler ones will be there and dressed up in their Halloween costumes if they wish, should be fun as there are several of us reading throughout the day. Will be nice.

Doing spicy pulled pork for dinner and parmentier potatoes with paprika and some salad, always a hit in our home. Not sure if everyone is going swimming tonight, but will check and serve smaller portions if they are.

Hope Keisha is having a blast with her mister.
I have no idea what you're talking about, lol!!

I do change my hair often, so that makes sense. It's naturally wavy/kinda curly. Sometimes I scrunch it to be extra curly, and sometimes I flatten it with the straightening iron. I guess that does change the look of it quite a bit.

I need to check in with my library...I would really enjoy doing something like that.
Sounds so fun!!

Finally getting a chance to stop in :wave2:

Had a quiet day at home. Puttering around and just relaxing. DH and ds got their moose...so they were busy all day. It is now off getting processed for us. It was easier to take it to someone to do it for us. I told dh we may need to purchase another freezer just for that. I am hoping I can find somewhere that has what I'm looking for in stock already :scared:

It seems we have another mild day weather wise here. It's not extremely warm and it's overcast. But there is no wind. I think when I get home from work, I'll head out for a walk, while it's light, then cook some dinner. I'm sure ds's can wait until a little later to eat. Dinner will be spaghetti ( spaghetti squash for me) and turkey meatballs with sauce and salad. Dh is on the road again today. So it's just myself and the boys all week. He's off to a trade show in the beautiful city of Victoria (lucky duck) in British Columbia.

Not sure what else my evening has in store...probably not much, since it's a Monday night

Have a great evening everyone...stay safe!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter