• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Good evening, Busy day today. I spent most of it looking for things for B's care package. I got her some chocolate mint Pepperidge Farm cookies, a bag of Hershey kisses, a bag of fruit gummie candy, a box of tea, a mug, a Starbucks gift card, a 6 pack of bubble liquid that she can share with friends, 2 silly stress toys, a pack of colored pencils, a drawing tablet, a set of really soft pyjamas, some shower steamers, and a Falcon and the Winter Soldier t-shirt. I may have gone a little overboard.

Charade I am with you this morning. I woke up with a barn number of a headache too. I attribute it to the weather changing on and off.
Hope it didn't last too long. I think I got mine because I fell asleep without my Cpap.

Well, I have a hair appointment today.....LOL....I think when she sees my hair she will want to run for the hills......it’s baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I colored it a couple times while in Florida, but I don’t see all that well to do the roots all over my head and let’s just say it’s not good. Oh and eyebrows need fixing to. She told me in December I needed to color my eyebrows. I agreed as long as I didn’t end up looking like Groucho Marx. It was ok......LOL.....you know your getting old when your eyebrows start turning gray.
Yay for a hair appointment. I've been coloring my gray hair for ages, but thankfully my eye brows haven't turned yet.

Oh no Charade, hope you get a nap in today, and headache gone.
No nap today, but thankfully the headache went away quickly.

A+ mom award!! Still gotta look out for our adult kiddos! College can certainly be stressful at times!
Thanks, This is the first time she has gotten really stressed.

She takes levothyroxine, which is the same as what humans can take....kinda interesting.
I take that too.

I hear you. I now have progrssives as well now, I am still having some trouble with mine. I have been wearing glasses since I have been 13...so it's not because I'm not used to wearing glasses. I'm going to get my eyes retested here once restrictions lift again. The ones I have are just not quite right.
I've also been wearing glasses since I was 13 or 1 4. I've been in progressives for a few years and have had issues with them from the beginning. Hopefully these new lenses will do the trick.

Had a quiet afternoon but my DS called by and also had a flower delivery as it is my birthday today and also our anniversary.
Happy birthday and anniversary!

Pumpkin - Your granddaughter is adorable and the dog is cute too.

Just finished watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Wow, was shocked at the ending. Now we are watching The Muppet Show.

Happy birthday and happy anniversary to Julie. Flowers, nice.

Pumpkin, great pictures, thanks for sharing. Cute little one.

Charade, sweet of you to think of B, and great sounding care package. Yeah, when little one was in the dorms, alway gave her enough candy to share. Hehe, her roommate and her always kept the kind of candy they liked the most, and shared the rest.

What a nice enough evening. Cool feeling day, with the very cloudy sky, with my phone twice saying light rain in 10 minutes. Once was around lunchtime, the second about an hour ago. Did some errands today, and with DH being not only noisy in the early rising, but was not quiet overnight either. Hence, dinner was around 8 tonight, as apparently I was watching the screen with my eyes closed starting around 6 pm. Cries of are we having dinner woke me up. Hence, air fryer got a workout. Chicken nuggets, fries, onion rings and decided to make some mac and cheese. Then since little one bought some gummy bears, well had to get into them and eat most of the red ones. Chilling, and with that little nap, bedtime may be a bit later.

Have a good night homies, and be in that relaxing mode. The weekend will commence as you wake with smiling Saturday thoughts.

Woot! Rainy weather this weekend will not deter my ahhhh it’s the weekend happiness. And oooh with that predicted very rainy Sunday, 75F to be the high. Yes! Warmer weather? Check. Woot!

Ooh woke up around 4, to some noisy rain. Was a quick moving cell of yellow as per my phone’s weather radar. Decided it felt cool in the house, so made some tea and decided what to watch. Very quiet, so enjoying that.

Super Supreme Saturday homies.

More errands, and a grocery run. Seems that kind of day. And since tomorrow is to be the more rainy filled day, hoping to not get wet as we do our errands. At least a big box store stop will help with the grocery wants.

Good Morning homies.

Quiet on here today........looking for the tumbleweed.....

Pumpkin your granddaughter is adorable! Gorgeous little girl and I`m glad you had such a nice stay with them.....

Had a funny old morning.

Sadly but quickly, my Uncle passed away just after midnight last night. I`m glad he`s no longer in any pain.

Spoke to mum and she`s doing ok, also another uncle is also doing ok.

Then went a long walk along the beach.....it was freezing but sun was shining so it was very nice. And a nice relaxing time by the water. Had bacon, brie and cranberry grilled sandwiches for lunch and now watching some hailstones fall while the sun shines.....weird weather again, but it is so cold despite the sunshine.

Stir fries all round for us tonight.......and a large bottle of robust red wine.

Happy Saturday

Aww, I am so sorry to read of Uncle’s passing. Sending sympathy to Schumi’s mum, and all of Schumi’s family. Hugs, Schumi. May all find the peace in knowing he was well loved, and may family find comfort in family and friends.

Yeah, is quiet in my house and on this thread. Maybe a good thing, as homies may be sleeping in late, being that lazy morning with coffee or tea sipping, or out and about. No matter what homies are doing or not doing, hope all are doing well, and good thoughts to all.

Ooh still a no kid seen morning. So made some oatmeal, added some walnut pieces as I chopped them up, bit of brown sugar, and since DH brought home some good looking strawberries, washed and sliced them up and add those berries too. Yum. Some left over, I may nosh on it later, or tell older one, as he will eat oatmeal more than little one. DH had his share, then off to check on his mum. More tea, as actually had to refill the tea pot. That kinda morning, with such an early start.

Good Morning Mac. Hope you have had a good morning so far, and try some relaxing time today. Countdown to the Fall. Hoping to see some great AP rates for the hotels. Still deciding whether to stay all two weeks at the Dark Side, or move over for some mouse fun half of the time. May stay a few days at SF and cut a few days off the mouse visit. Still have some time to decide. Hope to see ya at least some of my planned time.

Good Friday morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 567502

I’am in one of those get up and dance even though you don’t feel like it moods.

Charade I am with you this morning. I woke up with a barn number of a headache too. I attribute it to the weather changing on and off.

Mac thank you for your confidence in me. I hope she does like it. I hope you are doing well and plotting your next trip to Universal.

Yes, it’s a long drive. We are always glad to make it home safely. Slept pretty soundly that night for sure.

Thank you Keisha. Will share some pictures of the things I’am making for the shower it you all are interested. I like making things. Everyone here on the Sans are creative folks. Always enjoy seeing everyone’s food and creative ideas.

It’s so sad. I received a call back from the previous bake shop that closed. She apologized about. I wished her well. She said they are going to try and open again sometime in the future if all goes well.

Thank you Lynne. It is a very joyful occasion. We need something to celebrate after such a longtime of uncertainty. Hope you and your family ares doing well?

Hope they are able to get your glasses straighten out.

I really like staying busy and look forward to seeing granddaughter enjoy her shower and wedding.

It seems the weather has been all over the place in a lot of areas of the US.

Thank you Schumi......I hope your Uncle is resting comfortably. Morphine drip does wonders to help. Continued prayers for you all.

I read that you are still doing your phone calls. I’am sure all those that hear from you are appreciative of your calls. It is so nice of you to take time to call them. This pandemic has been so hard on everyone, but especially the elderly and the young ones.

Things are falling into place slowly for the Bridal Shower. Lots to do, but it will all come together.

Hope you and your family are doing well. I know they are eating extremely well as you post the delicious food you are preparing.

So very sad. I saw Prince Phillip had died this morning when I turned on my laptop. What a devoted husband he was to his wife the Queen. He loved his Queen his Country and his family. May he Rest In Peace.

Good for you that you did not take the bait on that Facebook message. I’am not involved with Facebook, but I have family that do look at it and it is at times filled with lots of drama. It’s so sad that some of the people that post on there want to be surrounded by drama and conflict all the time. Life is to short to live that way.

I hope your anxiety gets better today.

I hope you are able to have the Baby Shower or help in some way.

Glad to hear no injuries, but Donut Shop. To funny.

Well, I have a hair appointment today.....LOL....I think when she sees my hair she will want to run for the hills......it’s baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I colored it a couple times while in Florida, but I don’t see all that well to do the roots all over my head and let’s just say it’s not good. Oh and eyebrows need fixing to. She told me in December I needed to color my eyebrows. I agreed as long as I didn’t end up looking like Groucho Marx. It was ok......LOL.....you know your getting old when your eyebrows start turning gray.

Need to get going this morning. Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

View attachment 567501
Hope your hair appointment went well!

Sad, yep news of Prince Philip’s death flashing on my phone.

Oh no Charade, hope you get a nap in today, and headache gone.

Yeah, I ignore trolls too. Deleted as soon as I start to read. I’m sorry an unsolicited Facebook message upset you, Julie. Yeah, I think the amount of online spam stuff has increased lately. Aww, even some of you getting ltogether to celebrate the coming birth would be nice for the mom to be.

Oh no, Robo with a headache too. I hope you are feeling better, and resting with some coffee in your HHN mug. Would enjoy seeing what is crafted for the party. You are very crafty.

Ah, finally quiet enough in the house. Older one has one morning class, and little one has none. Lucky girl. I don’t expect to see her until around noon. Three weeks, and her semester is done.
Wow! Three weeks! They're finished early, so nice!

Robbie, we would love to see whatever creations you would like to share.....I`m sure everything will be lovely.

Good luck with the hairdresser...it`s always lovely to get it done and so many of us, really need it doing.....

Yes, the phone calls have been completely delightful to do. I`m very lucky to be able to chat to some very lovely people a few times a week. And we`re all doing good thank you....

And thank you for the good wishes for my lovely uncle. I believe his granddaughters will be able to be with him in hospital despite Covid restrictions as he is so close to the end. That`s a comfort to know.

It`s funny you mention Coopers Hawk. We have booked to go twice and never made it. First time someone who we adore asked us to meet them for a drink somewhere else, so we cancelled and then we planned to go last May with the lady who used to be the Manager in the Club Lounge as it`s her favourite restaurant, but of course that never happened.....we will make it some time.......

Yes, sad news for the Queen and the whole family. He was quite a character and those of us that ever met any of them certainly prefer that to most celebrities. Seen many comment over the last year or so the Royal Family is outdated, but to many of us, it certainly isn`t. I know we admire "most" of them.....obvious exclusions of course.......:thumbsup2

You had me at sushi ::yes::....we have to enjoy some sushi together at RP next time we`re there at the same time.....whenever that may be!!

Beautiful but quite cool day today. Sun has shone all day and we enjoyed a long walk on the beach this morning....managed our 10,000 steps easy today......feet are a testament to that tonight!

Made some phone calls this afternoon, Tom left to do some deliveries so I got some more reading done on the Book Thief (getting through it Lori) I really need peace and quiet to take this one in. It`s not my most favourite book I`ve ever read, took a while to care about the characters.

Tom got the barbecue out tonight and we had grilled maple bbq pork steaks, some locally produced sausages and a few side dishes. All very nice and tasty.

Quiet night tonight......some tv might be in our plans I think and the odd email or two......:)
Oh yes! Sushi at RP is a must! We will do it some day!!

Had a quiet afternoon but my DS called by and also had a flower delivery as it is my birthday today and also our anniversary. Had more calls and messages than ever before as so many friends are at home at the moment. One in particular from my nephew in London was a lovely catch up as their first baby is due in 4 weeks.
Emma brought our meal from M&S so a no cooking day for me.

All our major channels are doing continuous coverage of Prince Philip so we will be picking a movie to watch soon as it’s repeating what we’ve seen now.
Happy Birthday and Anniversary! Double fun, double celebration!!!

:wave2:

Thought I would pop in. I'm finally all caught up from our trip to see the GD and kiddos. It was a fun little trip. GD and I had a blast playing together. Grammie brought some interesting new toys for her to play with. I had been researching activities for us to do together. I found two that were great for her motor skills that she LOVED!!!!

Grammie cooked Easter dinner, we got to color eggs, and we got to see her do her easter egg hunt. We didn't want to miss out on anything this year. It was perfect!!!

We brought their 2 dogs home with us. With DD working at her new job, and sil working, and the dogs having anxiety about all the packing boxes around, they have NOT been good boys...so they are staying with us for the next three weeks. They are super sweet, and we are enjoying having them around us again. I took one of the for a walk last night. Let me just say is is NOT a great walker on a leash :rolleyes1 :rotfl: He cracks me up. He definitely doesn't have the brightest bulb in his head, but we love him for that. He is going to get lots of walking practice in with Grammie for the next couple of weeks lol.

Well...I should get packed up for the day!!!! Thank god this day is done. It's been what feels like a 48 hr work day today lol.
Have a great evening everyone!!!!!!

View attachment 567599View attachment 567600
Your granddaughter is beautiful! Love her purple boots!
Nice pup too!

Good evening, Busy day today. I spent most of it looking for things for B's care package. I got her some chocolate mint Pepperidge Farm cookies, a bag of Hershey kisses, a bag of fruit gummie candy, a box of tea, a mug, a Starbucks gift card, a 6 pack of bubble liquid that she can share with friends, 2 silly stress toys, a pack of colored pencils, a drawing tablet, a set of really soft pyjamas, some shower steamers, and a Falcon and the Winter Soldier t-shirt. I may have gone a little overboard.

Hope it didn't last too long. I think I got mine because I fell asleep without my Cpap.

Yay for a hair appointment. I've been coloring my gray hair for ages, but thankfully my eye brows haven't turned yet.

No nap today, but thankfully the headache went away quickly.

Thanks, This is the first time she has gotten really stressed.

I take that too.

I've also been wearing glasses since I was 13 or 1 4. I've been in progressives for a few years and have had issues with them from the beginning. Hopefully these new lenses will do the trick.

Happy birthday and anniversary!

Pumpkin - Your granddaughter is adorable and the dog is cute too.

Just finished watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Wow, was shocked at the ending. Now we are watching The Muppet Show.
Sounds like a great package, I'm sure B is gonna love and appreciate it all!!

Happy birthday and happy anniversary to Julie. Flowers, nice.

Pumpkin, great pictures, thanks for sharing. Cute little one.

Charade, sweet of you to think of B, and great sounding care package. Yeah, when little one was in the dorms, alway gave her enough candy to share. Hehe, her roommate and her always kept the kind of candy they liked the most, and shared the rest.

What a nice enough evening. Cool feeling day, with the very cloudy sky, with my phone twice saying light rain in 10 minutes. Once was around lunchtime, the second about an hour ago. Did some errands today, and with DH being not only noisy in the early rising, but was not quiet overnight either. Hence, dinner was around 8 tonight, as apparently I was watching the screen with my eyes closed starting around 6 pm. Cries of are we having dinner woke me up. Hence, air fryer got a workout. Chicken nuggets, fries, onion rings and decided to make some mac and cheese. Then since little one bought some gummy bears, well had to get into them and eat most of the red ones. Chilling, and with that little nap, bedtime may be a bit later.

Have a good night homies, and be in that relaxing mode. The weekend will commence as you wake with smiling Saturday thoughts.

Woot! Rainy weather this weekend will not deter my ahhhh it’s the weekend happiness. And oooh with that predicted very rainy Sunday, 75F to be the high. Yes! Warmer weather? Check. Woot!
Now I'm hungry for onion rings! Sounds like a good meal!

Quiet on here today........looking for the tumbleweed.....

Pumpkin your granddaughter is adorable! Gorgeous little girl and I`m glad you had such a nice stay with them.....

Had a funny old morning.

Sadly but quickly, my Uncle passed away just after midnight last night. I`m glad he`s no longer in any pain.

Then went a long walk along the beach.....it was freezing but sun was shining so it was very nice. And a nice relaxing time by the water. Had bacon, brie and cranberry grilled sandwiches for lunch and now watching some hailstones fall while the sun shines.....weird weather again, but it is so cold despite the sunshine.

Stir fries all round for us tonight.......and a large bottle of robust red wine.

Happy Saturday
Sorry again about your uncle....now the family can take comfort he's no longer in pain...

Very severe storms have been hitting the area of our condos for the past few days. A guest messaged me this morning that there was baseball size hail!! Their rental car was damaged extensively, and not drivable. They are waiting to get another delivered.
It's kinda strange, but some guests get a bit mad when their vacation is 'ruined' due to inclement weather. And they make sure that I hear about it.......It's not as if I can control the weather, kinda out of my hands!!

Rental cars are already expensive and scarce due to the large 'sell off' that took place due to Covid. I hope I don't have any problem getting my reserved car....I'm flying down to the condos in 11 days.

Gonna head to the gym quick. We have 100% chance of rain in the forecast today. Maybe I can get back home before it begins!

Ooh, yeah renters and others can be cranky when weather not nice during vacation. Choice to travel cannot control weather. I’ve been on vacation during two hurricanes. It is what it is, and we don’t complain to owner. Hope all is well when you go Paris, and enjoy that gym visit. Yeah rainy weekend here. Thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow afternoon into evening. Today, random or what I say, is chance of rain times. Like you, not hoping to be caught in the rain when out and about.

Thank you all.

Yes, mac, he was so well thought of among us...quite a character.....if he didn`t like you, you knew about it.....lol....him and I got on like a house on fire.

Lynne hope your weather improves.

Lori.......didn`t you remember you had to arrange for good weather too for your renters....lol.....have fun at the gym.....and Tom has just said we will do sushi together one day for sure......

We still have the most gorgeous day here, but hailstones, although not as large as the ones Lori ordered.....haha.....but all gone now, sun is bright, sky is blue but oh so cold.

Sent Tom out for rosemary I forgot as we`re having lamb tomorrow, came back with several small bags of chocolate orange egg shaped things.......very moreish.....and I don`t really like chocolate. Nice with a cup of tea.......

Red wine night tonight.......

Today has been a good news/bad news kind of day. The bad - I learned today that a woman who used to be in my Bible study class at church passed away last night. It was liver and kidney failure. She leaves behind a husband and 2 young sons.
The good - my friend who lost her husband 6 years ago got married again today. I’m expecting to see Facebook photos later this week.

I’m in a university parent group on Facebook. I posted asking for suggestions for the care package. I got a lot of good suggestions then this morning someone cautioned me against giving her anything with sugar. She was suggesting things like nutritional supplements and meat sticks. Um...The idea is to cheer her up. Yeah, I think sharing candy will be much more fun.

So sorry to hear this. Hugs and prayers for the whole family.

A guest messaged me this morning that there was baseball size hail!! Their rental car was damaged extensively, and not drivable. They are waiting to get another delivered.
It's kinda strange, but some guests get a bit mad when their vacation is 'ruined' due to inclement weather. And they make sure that I hear about it.......It's not as if I can control the weather, kinda out of my hands!!
Yikes! I have never seen hail that large. Yeah, bad weather is horrible when you are on vacation, but what can you do.

Time to start thinking about dinner. We may go to our favorite ice cream shop later. They’ve created a new flavor called Scoop, There It Is based on the
Geico commercial.

Ooh, yeah renters and others can be cranky when weather not nice during vacation. Choice to travel cannot control weather. I’ve been on vacation during two hurricanes. It is what it is, and we don’t complain to owner. Hope all is well when you go Paris, and enjoy that gym visit. Yeah rainy weekend here. Thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow afternoon into evening. Today, random or what I say, is chance of rain times. Like you, not hoping to be caught in the rain when out and about.
We had El Nino or something of that nature when at Disneyland many years ago. Rained every single minute we were in California....it happens sometimes.

I was able to dodge the raindrops heading to/from the gym, hope you were able to as well for your errands!

Thank you all.

Yes, mac, he was so well thought of among us...quite a character.....if he didn`t like you, you knew about it.....lol....him and I got on like a house on fire.

Lynne hope your weather improves.

Lori.......didn`t you remember you had to arrange for good weather too for your renters....lol.....have fun at the gym.....and Tom has just said we will do sushi together one day for sure......

We still have the most gorgeous day here, but hailstones, although not as large as the ones Lori ordered.....haha.....but all gone now, sun is bright, sky is blue but oh so cold.

Sent Tom out for rosemary I forgot as we`re having lamb tomorrow, came back with several small bags of chocolate orange egg shaped things.......very moreish.....and I don`t really like chocolate. Nice with a cup of tea.......

Red wine night tonight.......
Yes,...I have mother natures telephone number, lol!
Most guests have been really great. It's just when someone complains to me about something I have no hand in....I feel like saying, "what do you expect me to do"? But I don't....always the professional!

Yes, sushi at the next possible opportunity. Tell Tom to mark it on the vacation calendar!

Today has been a good news/bad news kind of day. The bad - I learned today that a woman who used to be in my Bible study class at church passed away last night. It was liver and kidney failure. She leaves behind a husband and 2 young sons.
The good - my friend who lost her husband 6 years ago got married again today. I’m expecting to see Facebook photos later this week.

I’m in a university parent group on Facebook. I posted asking for suggestions for the care package. I got a lot of good suggestions then this morning someone cautioned me against giving her anything with sugar. She was suggesting things like nutritional supplements and meat sticks. Um...The idea is to cheer her up. Yeah, I think sharing candy will be much more fun.

Yikes! I have never seen hail that large. Yeah, bad weather is horrible when you are on vacation, but what can you do.

Time to start thinking about dinner. We may go to our favorite ice cream shop later. They’ve created a new flavor called Scoop, There It Is based on the
Geico commercial.

View attachment 567777
I'm happy your friend found happiness again, and sad for the family that experienced the loss.
I guess that's the yin and yang of life...everyday someone is born, and another someone leaves this world.
One family experiences joy and another grief. We all have our share of both in life...hopefully the good outweighs the bad for most of us...

Ice cram sounds like a good idea!

All caught up on laundry, which always feels accomplished! DH returns tomorrow, so new laundry will be dumped into the baskets, right out of his suitcase!

Gave Barney a bath just a bit ago, much to his displeasure. But he's a good boy and behaves well. I turned the fire on and he's drying off and toasty!

DD and a few friends went to a rollerskating rink last night. She sent me a video, and it looked like they were having a blast!

Looking like a Netflix night for me. I started watching Cobra Kai, and have binged watched all the way into Season 2 already. Gosh, such a blast from the past! I love how they have all the original actors!

Geico commercial.

View attachment 567777

So sorry about your friend who passed. It`s always so sad to hear any news like that. But, congrats to your friend who remarried. That is good news.

Yes, candy was the right choice......and thank you, much appreciated.

We had El Nino or something of that nature when at Disneyland many years ago. Rained every single minute we were in California....it happens sometimes.

I was able to dodge the raindrops heading to/from the gym, hope you were able to as well for your errands!

Yes,...I have mother natures telephone number, lol!
Most guests have been really great. It's just when someone complains to me about something I have no hand in....I feel like saying, "what do you expect me to do"? But I don't....always the professional!

Yes, sushi at the next possible opportunity. Tell Tom to mark it on the vacation calendar!

I'm happy your friend found happiness again, and sad for the family that experienced the loss.
I guess that's the yin and yang of life...everyday someone is born, and another someone leaves this world.
One family experiences joy and another grief. We all have our share of both in life...hopefully the good outweighs the bad for most of us...

Ice cram sounds like a good idea!

All caught up on laundry, which always feels accomplished! DH returns tomorrow, so new laundry will be dumped into the baskets, right out of his suitcase!

Gave Barney a bath just a bit ago, much to his displeasure. But he's a good boy and behaves well. I turned the fire on and he's drying off and toasty!

DD and a few friends went to a rollerskating rink last night. She sent me a video, and it looked like they were having a blast!

Looking like a Netflix night for me. I started watching Cobra Kai, and have binged watched all the way into Season 2 already. Gosh, such a blast from the past! I love how they have all the original actors!

View attachment 567802

Oh lori...you`re good. That would have been my question to them.....em, what could I do about the weather.......lol.....some folks.

I didn`t hear it personally, but someone once complained to the front desk at RP that it was too hot in the pool area and they hadn`t got to use the pool so they should get a discount........:laughing: Some people are just too cheap.

Gosh a rollerskating rink!!! Oh that`s a blast from the early 80`s....yes, that would have been a lot of fun for them!!

Well, woke up to some snow this morning. Thought it only for further up North, but we have some and it is very cold with the real feel. Supposed to be 40F, but opened a window and it feels much colder than that. One of my friends up North sent me a picture from her bedroom window this morning over the fields and it`s pure white everywhere, we`re not like that at all.

Feels like winter is back and not spring. Sun will shine later though and it will be lovely I`m guessing as forecast. So, no walks this morning till it warms up a bit.

Slept late too this morning which was lovely.......when it`s so cosy you don`t want to get up. But, eventually I wanted to put the lamb leg in the slow cooker with the red wine and rosemary it had steeped overnight in, stock, garlic, redcurrant sauce and lots of black pepper. The smell in a little while will be glorious through there.

No real plans today at all apart from hopefully walking later and eating a lovely slow cooked leg of lamb for dinner. Bacon and a slice of toast for breakfast this morning......lunch is chicken noodle soup I made yesterday for today as it is so much better the second day and will bake some bread as I`m going to be in this morning. Nice.

i-8GbPM95-M.gif

cv23-M.jpg

9BC0BCF7-AACC-4D22-A692-5A9F79D7BC6B-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday :)

Lamb is one dish I have never made
and Mr Mac loves it.
But he can have it when we eat out.

Not the best night for me.
I get insomnia, not very often but did last night.
Mr Mac has the same issue as he was up about a few hours ago.
Cats are the only ones still sleeping

I will catch a few winks in the afternoon.

Schumi, I had to giggle when I saw your cartoon of the scale
You come up with some real funny ones a lot!

Going to be another nice weather day today
Not too hot as our temps this year have stayed on the lower end
Usually we have the ac on 24/7 by now

and Mr Mac loves it.

Lamb is one of our favourite meats after steak. And I do enjoy it when eating out in certain places too......my friends vegan sister always glares at us when we talk of it being locally slaughtered and how good that is....lol.....I tell her it`s alright you`re not invited anyway......lol.....I don`t lose any sleep over things like that, some folks look to be offended at times.

Shame you didn`t get a good sleep last night, but yes a snooze is always good.....the joys of being a lady of leisure........

cv34-M.jpg

::yes::

I`d go an nudge the cats......see how they like it......lol.....

Aw Mac, I’m sorry not a good night sleep. Guess I did. Did not wake up until 5:30. Hope you are feeling okay, and get a better night sleep, both you and Mr. Mac.

Ooh, Schumi always has me at bacon. Ack, do not like that mention of snow. Yeah, Spring acting like a Lion for ya. Hope warmer, nice weather headed your way.

And us, with the rain that has already fallen as I woke up, the clouds that bring that rain are from the warm West. So highest temp we get since last year Springtime is today. 74 and still raining now morning. But these rain making clouds will go away by the afternoon, as predicting a muggy sunny afternoon, hence that high will depend on how much sun. Oooh, a loud rain now. But this evening, as the sun sets, severe thunderstorm warning issued. We may be rocking and rolling in the skies tonight. 55 out, so warm enough morning. And enough rain from this morning, around an inch of it to have fallen before it stops. Soaker.

Charade, I’m sure all you sent B was appreciated. I know my little one said she and all her dorm floor kids enjoyed what was in her care box, and candy was a big hit.

As per my state rules, tomorrow I can hope to book an appointment to get my virus shot. DH is also going to see if the VA has an earlier appointment for me. So far work has asked three times how many interested in getting the shots, but no here’s your appointment yet. Thus, I am hoping by any of those three ways, I can make an appointment tomorrow. Next week, we are going to try getting the kids an appointment. As per required, to be available to all then. I am hoping before the beginning of June, little one and I get ours, as we would feel much better if we do, as our NYC visit is planned in June.

Routine day for us. It’s the get ready for week day routine, and get that trash out. Thinking of doing trash filling and any have to go out, when that rain stops. Would not be looking forward to pulling the trash cans to the curb in a thunderstorm. Hence our trash cans will be at the curb by dinner time.

So from a soggy homie on a rainy morning, hope all homies have a good Sunday morning, and relax, Sunday is to be a day of rest.

Good Sunday morning Sans family :wave2:

C5D3E63B-A700-4B27-BD26-5124A7ED1475.jpeg

I color my brows. Not because of greys (yet) but because mine are sparse and in the summer they tend to get lighter with all the sunlight. Looking like Groucho Marx was a fear of mine too.

The hairdresser did my brows. She does a good job. She doesn’t leave the dye on to long as it stains my skin. I always laugh and say you know your getting older when you eyebrows start turning gray

Glad to hear your Salon is able to make your brows look nice.

Oh no, Robo with a headache too. I hope you are feeling better, and resting with some coffee in your HHN mug.

I think it is the weather changing here back and forth. I always notice my sinuses and asthma acts up a bit when I go from one climate to another.

Yes, HHN mug full of coffee this morning. Hope your tea is tasty.

You said my favorite word..."Tiffany"!!
What a lovely theme....hope you can share some photos when the day comes!

I know what’s not to love about Tiffany. Granddaughter and I always went to Tiffany together at Mall at Millenia on vacation.

I know someone else here who likes Tiffany too ::yes::

I need to call the vet and get meds for the dogs. Barney takes an allergy pill. The poor guy used to lick himself incessantly, until we gave him those pills. And Hatley has a really bad thyroid. She started losing all of her fur at the age of 4. It took a lot of expensive lab tests to figure out her thyroid basically stopped working. Since being on the medication, her coat grew back fully and all is ok. She takes levothyroxine, which is the same as what humans can take....kinda interesting.

You are a wonderful dog mom who takes such good care of your fur babies.

Good luck with the hairdresser...it`s always lovely to get it done and so many of us, really need it doing.....

She did a great job. I was so glad to get my hair done.

That sounds like a lovely party!!! I love that " Tiffany " blue color. Your gd is lucky to have such an amazing Grandmother who would pitch in to help out like that. I helped ( did most of the $$$ & planning) for our dd's bridal shower. It was fun. I loved it. Her bridesmaids were not able to help out much and I wanted dd to have a wonderful bridal shower. It was a lovely day. We had fun during the day, and maybe a little more fun at the stagette that night :rolleyes1 :rotfl: Her crazy Aunts provided lots of entertainment and stayed up partying with all the young ones until the end!!!! We had a blast!

Thank you Pumpkin I so like to help when I can. It has been fun for me to think about decorations and food etc... Sounds like your daughter was very lucky to have a mom who hosted her Bridal Shower.

Had a quiet afternoon but my DS called by and also had a flower delivery as it is my birthday today and also our anniversary.

Happy belated birthday sounds like your family helped to celebrate nicely.

45875839-EFFE-4274-936D-C3EEE725A379.gif

Thought I would pop in. I'm finally all caught up from our trip to see the GD and kiddos. It was a fun little trip. GD and I had a blast playing together. Grammie brought some interesting new toys for her to play with. I had been researching activities for us to do together. I found two that were great for her motor skills that she LOVED!!!!

Grammie cooked Easter dinner, we got to color eggs, and we got to see her do her easter egg hunt. We didn't want to miss out on anything this year. It was perfect!!!

What a cute granddaughter. Sounds like you planned lots of fun activities for her Easter.

You are such a sweet mom to send a care package full of fun treats.

Hope you are feeling better.

Carole my sincere condolences to you and your family. You are all in my prayers.

Hope your hair appointment went well!

It went very well thank you. I came home and hubby told me I looked like a new woman........LOL he always tells me that after I get back from having my hair colored. There is just something a little magical about having a nice hair color treatment.

Wow...you are right that is definitely a good news bad news day. Congratulations to your friend who found love again and married. My condolences on your friend passing. So sad when they die young leaving behind small children.

As per my state rules, tomorrow I can hope to book an appointment to get my virus shot. DH is also going to see if the VA has an earlier appointment for me. So far work has asked three times how many interested in getting the shots, but no here’s your appointment yet. Thus, I am hoping by any of those three ways, I can make an appointment tomorrow. Next week, we are going to try getting the kids an appointment. As per required, to be available to all then. I am hoping before the beginning of June, little one and I get ours, as we would feel much better if we do, as our NYC visit is planned in June.

Lynne hope you and the family are able to get your vaccine appointments sorted.

Thoughts and prayers being sent for Keisha and family.

Granddaughter called yesterday evening and we are meeting her and her fiancé for breakfast this morning. . Son and daughter-in-law will be there too.

I did get started on decorations for the shower. I have them on my phone. I will come back in and add them.

Have a great Sunday Sans family.

989F8477-5F88-4246-9A2A-8174C4648C4A.gif

2859032D-D672-453E-8290-56AB998790FC.jpeg
You can see big bird on the wall in the background. This is my storage/craft room. Previous owners had playroom in there.

I started work on the center pieces, gift bags and wrapped boxes.

I’am going to put clear large trays of desserts on the boxes at shower to add dimension to dessert table. I found some matching tulle I will use too.

Tiffany bag center pieces.
21226917-3811-4FF0-9713-E133206B8D9B.jpeg

A6290D85-5823-4BD4-BC85-B174B77371D2.jpeg

I found some fake engagement rings online and put them in the middle of the flowers.

I could not find gift bags I wanted so found some with fairly close color and adding ribbon to them.

This is my start to decorations.

Thank you all, appreciated the comforting & respectful services for my BiL that the VA provided. Nice to know he is resting among his comrades.
Out of the blue had a Facebook messenger message from a person I don’t know saying they have information on my ex son in law that would have helped Emma but I have refused to contact them
I rarely hit up FB any longer, same story a day later sort of thing in my feed. Never respond to any messages there, period, too many unscrupulous people with unsavory agendas.
the amusing thing is one of the cars hit a donut shop. What are the odds?
Excellent, you couldn’t get vegas to take those odds lol
I’am in one of those get up and dance even though you don’t feel like it moods.
I need to remember that sentiment :). Good way to roll with it
Thank you Keisha. Will share some pictures of the things I’am making for the shower it you all are interested. I like making things. Everyone here on the Sans are creative folks. Always enjoy seeing everyone’s food and creative ideas.
Absolutely! think it’s admirable that you share your efforts with others. If more people focused their energy on doing even just a bit of good for others, maybe they wouldn’t have the time & energy to make mischief.

Edit: wow, stunning work. Love the table centerpieces, pearls a great touch
Looking like Groucho Marx was a fear of mine too. My brow girl does a fabulous job on mine. When I have them done, I am not needing to try to fill them in to make then look normal.
groucho’s eyebrows were seriously epic. In his later years Prince Phillip had quite a set going too. RIP to him, his Steadying & inclusive influence be sorely missed in the UK & beyond.

Curious, how long does that sort of dye job tend to last? Same issues with the blonde hairs. I’ve yet to really find a natural brow filler that I really like. Have settled upon a few but, some look like the person used a sharp
Now, how cool is that to have them both on the same day?

:) hope you had a lovely day!
I'm finally all caught up from our trip to see the GD and kiddos. It was a fun little trip
What a beautiful sweetie you have there! Had to lol at the description of the failed dog walk, my little guy is in that camp despite my better efforts. Every blade of grass fascinates him
I may have gone a little overboard.
i think it was a very well curated & thoughtful box
well had to get into them and eat most of the red ones
Of course, they taste the best :)

Oh, Carole, such a sad time for your family. Godspeed to him on his journey.
Now I'm hungry for onion rings! Sounds like a good meal!
I want to like onion rings. Just something about the texture of the onion itself that puts me off even if the coating is perfect.

Detest those things that come in package you sprinkle on top of green beans

Funyuns tho, let’s just say I can’t buy a package of them & have it last the day lol. Haven’t indulged in a few years, may have to rectify that lol

A guest messaged me this morning that there was baseball size hail!! Their rental car was damaged extensively, and not drivable. They are waiting to get another delivered.
How dare you permit hail upon your property!

We have received offers from a few beach resort owners as to weather insurance of sorts...complimentary storm replacement visit sort of thing if multiple days of rain outs.

We learned to book the large resorts that offer indoor pools, bowling alleys, kid’s activities etc. anything to occupy the kids onsite On those inevitable rainy days.
That had to uplift your spirits
Haha rainy days are the best in DL as to having a less crowded day...locals act like rain is a toxic chemical and hide in their houses. Not sure how that will play out now that the APs are a thing of the past there, for now.
Did you pull out a deck of cards? :). JK. My mr is blessed with laying down & within minutes out like a light. I decided to lay down for an hour mid-afternoon the last two days for an hour as not sleeping well either. Felt so much better, odd, as I’m normally such a bad napper.
As per my state rules, tomorrow I can hope to book an appointment to get my virus shot. DH is also going to see if the VA has an earlier appointment for me.
Good luck there!

Thank you all, appreciated the comforting & respectful services for my BiL that the VA provided. Nice to know he is resting among his comrades.

So wonderful to hear the VA were part of providing a nice service for your BiL. May he Rest In Peace among his fellow comrades.

Did you pull out a deck of cards? :). JK. My mr is blessed with laying down & within minutes out like a light. I decided to lay down for an hour mid-afternoon the last two days for an hour as not sleeping well either. Felt so much better, odd, as I’m normally such a bad napper.

Hope you are able to get some needed rest.

So sorry about your friend who passed. It`s always so sad to hear any news like that. But, congrats to your friend who remarried. That is good news.

Yes, candy was the right choice......and thank you, much appreciated.

Oh lori...you`re good. That would have been my question to them.....em, what could I do about the weather.......lol.....some folks.

I didn`t hear it personally, but someone once complained to the front desk at RP that it was too hot in the pool area and they hadn`t got to use the pool so they should get a discount........:laughing: Some people are just too cheap.

Gosh a rollerskating rink!!! Oh that`s a blast from the early 80`s....yes, that would have been a lot of fun for them!!

Well, woke up to some snow this morning. Thought it only for further up North, but we have some and it is very cold with the real feel. Supposed to be 40F, but opened a window and it feels much colder than that. One of my friends up North sent me a picture from her bedroom window this morning over the fields and it`s pure white everywhere, we`re not like that at all.

Feels like winter is back and not spring. Sun will shine later though and it will be lovely I`m guessing as forecast. So, no walks this morning till it warms up a bit.

Slept late too this morning which was lovely.......when it`s so cosy you don`t want to get up. But, eventually I wanted to put the lamb leg in the slow cooker with the red wine and rosemary it had steeped overnight in, stock, garlic, redcurrant sauce and lots of black pepper. The smell in a little while will be glorious through there.

No real plans today at all apart from hopefully walking later and eating a lovely slow cooked leg of lamb for dinner. Bacon and a slice of toast for breakfast this morning......lunch is chicken noodle soup I made yesterday for today as it is so much better the second day and will bake some bread as I`m going to be in this morning. Nice.

i-8GbPM95-M.gif

cv23-M.jpg

9BC0BCF7-AACC-4D22-A692-5A9F79D7BC6B-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday :)
Snow! Oh I feel for you! Stay warm!
We are not out of the woods yet...snow can still come by us....hoping we luck out this year.

and Mr Mac loves it.

I've never made lamb either. Not common by us.

Aw Mac, I’m sorry not a good night sleep. Guess I did. Did not wake up until 5:30. Hope you are feeling okay, and get a better night sleep, both you and Mr. Mac.

Ooh, Schumi always has me at bacon. Ack, do not like that mention of snow. Yeah, Spring acting like a Lion for ya. Hope warmer, nice weather headed your way.

And us, with the rain that has already fallen as I woke up, the clouds that bring that rain are from the warm West. So highest temp we get since last year Springtime is today. 74 and still raining now morning. But these rain making clouds will go away by the afternoon, as predicting a muggy sunny afternoon, hence that high will depend on how much sun. Oooh, a loud rain now. But this evening, as the sun sets, severe thunderstorm warning issued. We may be rocking and rolling in the skies tonight. 55 out, so warm enough morning. And enough rain from this morning, around an inch of it to have fallen before it stops. Soaker.

Charade, I’m sure all you sent B was appreciated. I know my little one said she and all her dorm floor kids enjoyed what was in her care box, and candy was a big hit.

Routine day for us. It’s the get ready for week day routine, and get that trash out. Thinking of doing trash filling and any have to go out, when that rain stops. Would not be looking forward to pulling the trash cans to the curb in a thunderstorm. Hence our trash cans will be at the curb by dinner time.

So from a soggy homie on a rainy morning, hope all homies have a good Sunday morning, and relax, Sunday is to be a day of rest.
Yay!! Hope you get that appointment real soon!!

I know what’s not to love about Tiffany. Granddaughter and I always went to Tiffany together at Mall at Millenia on vacation.

I know someone else here who likes Tiffany too ::yes::
Oh yes! Always make a visit to Tiffany when nearby. Been to Chicago, Las Vegas, Maui, New York, Orlando and near Miami.

Yes, definitely another Tiffany fan on here:D

View attachment 567868
You can see big bird on the wall in the background. This is my storage/craft room. Previous owners had playroom in there.

I started work on the center pieces, gift bags and wrapped boxes.

I’am going to put clear large trays of desserts on the boxes at shower to add dimension to dessert table. I found some matching tulle I will use too.

Tiffany bag center pieces.
View attachment 567869

View attachment 567870

I found some fake engagement rings online and put them in the middle of the flowers.

I could not find gift bags I wanted so found some with fairly close color and adding ribbon to them.

This is my start to decorations.
How beautiful!!!! Your granddaughter will love it!

I rarely hit up FB any longer, same story a day later sort of thing in my feed. Never respond to any messages there, period, too many unscrupulous people with unsavory agendas.

Excellent, you couldn’t get vegas to take those odds lol

I need to remember that sentiment :). Good way to roll with it

Absolutely! think it’s admirable that you share your efforts with others. If more people focused their energy on doing even just a bit of good for others, maybe they wouldn’t have the time & energy to make mischief.

Edit: wow, stunning work. Love the table centerpieces, pearls a great touch

groucho’s eyebrows were seriously epic. In his later years Prince Phillip had quite a set going too. RIP to him, his Steadying & inclusive influence be sorely missed in the UK & beyond.

Curious, how long does that sort of dye job tend to last? Same issues with the blonde hairs. I’ve yet to really find a natural brow filler that I really like. Have settled upon a few but, some look like the person used a sharp

Now, how cool is that to have them both on the same day?

:) hope you had a lovely day!

What a beautiful sweetie you have there! Had to lol at the description of the failed dog walk, my little guy is in that camp despite my better efforts. Every blade of grass fascinates him

i think it was a very well curated & thoughtful box

Of course, they taste the best :)

Oh, Carole, such a sad time for your family. Godspeed to him on his journey.

I want to like onion rings. Just something about the texture of the onion itself that puts me off even if the coating is perfect.

Detest those things that come in package you sprinkle on top of green beans

Funyuns tho, let’s just say I can’t buy a package of them & have it last the day lol. Haven’t indulged in a few years, may have to rectify that lol

How dare you permit hail upon your property!

We have received offers from a few beach resort owners as to weather insurance of sorts...complimentary storm replacement visit sort of thing if multiple days of rain outs.

We learned to book the large resorts that offer indoor pools, bowling alleys, kid’s activities etc. anything to occupy the kids onsite On those inevitable rainy days.

That had to uplift your spirits

Haha rainy days are the best in DL as to having a less crowded day...locals act like rain is a toxic chemical and hide in their houses. Not sure how that will play out now that the APs are a thing of the past there, for now.

Good luck there!
We soldiered on at Disneyland....and the place was deserted! We had no lines for anything!
Like you said, rain really keeps the crowds away...as if it will hurt them or something, lol!

No good deed ever goes unpunished.....is that the saying??
Since we finally have a break in the rain, I took the dogs to a new place to walk today. They get so excited by the new sights and smells, and really seem to enjoy it.
Well.....Barney somehow managed to find an area filled with burrs! Poor guy's legs were covered in them! And a couple in his tail and a few on his under side.
Had to end the walk and head back home. I had to cut them out! He now looks a mess....good thing he's getting groomed in just over a week. He really needs it now. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and try to move the appointment sooner.

Making a ham with roasted cauliflower and asparagus for dinner tonight. DH is coming home from his golf trip to Texas, so I'm making a proper meal again. I told him to text me when he lands, so I can time it out just right.

Have a restful Sunday everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter