Something About Nothing............ #14

Yep, rain didn`t last beyond 6am......beautiful sunny and warm day here.........didn`t believe them when they said it was to be as warm today.

And yes, tea has been enjoyed.......have a good day Lynne.

Hey tinyd.....good to see you after so long!

Hope you and your husband have another lovely trip.........hope you are doing good......

Yep, sun is shining and it feels warm for October. Got a whole load of laundry out on the line.......if it looked like it could be washed, it was washed. Think Tom wonders where I find it all......

Lunch was rare roast beef on soft hoagie style buns with friend`s tomatoes and some arugula.....sweet and spicy mustard sauce too.....

Time for a pot of tea.........
Thought of you when I was at RPR in September. I know you and I are normally here at the same time. Looking forward to a time when we can welcome people from elsewhere again. I’m sure you are too!
Also your lunch sounds delicious!

Nice you got back to your rental business, TinyD. Yeah, would be nice to meet up with all next year again. I definitely will be staying at end of September now. Maybe next year going to Disney first, like I used to do. Will decide that later.

Haha, yeah sometimes see great vehicles, DisneyLife.

Little one happy. Penne pasta with red sauce and fresh ground parmigiana. Ended up with bacon cheeseburgers for lunch, as had burgers left over from yesterday. Tasty though. Now in a relaxing mode. Maybe get into the ice cream later.

Repeat weather for tomorrow. This morning, heavy fog, then some sun in the afternoon. 73 the high. So, expecting more heavy fog when I wake up. No sunrise to see for days now. Oh well. Yesterday’s sunset was pretty, pinks across the sky. Sailors were delighted.

Hey KFish- hows the kiddos?
Bobbie- hope the job search is fruitful soon. Good to hear kids are doing ok!
s...old hen in the stew pot
:scared1:
This time it was showing as a bad battery, so I ended up having to purchase a new one.
Seattle dd needed a battery this week too. Her car died when she and housemates went out to Sonic. Over prepared hubs had put a portable battery charger in her car and she managed to get car restarted. But this is why we have a high level of coverage with AAA- with me usually on the road an hour from home, and now with kids on opposite coasts it gives us a bit of peace of mind JIC.AAEBED43-099D-4268-9615-6B6807CF1390.jpeg Princess Tiana is the one that looks like somethings been chewing on her...tried to get a better pic but she’s a bit skittish right now.

Last edited:
Fluffy chicken alert! Thanks for posting it, MonyK. Yeah, lucky few times I had dead battery, got helping jump from family and a friend, then drove right to the car store.

hope you all are well! Think about all of you often! Have any of you made pandemic trips in?
happy birthday trip and engagement trip! Yeah we were in Orlando for two weeks in early June- went to UO not too lon after they were reopened- was kinda eerie in some places as there was NO ONE around. Have a picture of completely empty Gringotts vault and queue - not even a team member in sight. And Dr Doom line- dd and I took tons of pics because we were only ones there! Then another week in August and heading back over Thanksgiving. We’ve also done a road trip through South Dakota in late June/early July, and then we helped oldest move to Seattle in September. I’ve done more traveling this year to more places than last couple years combined- weird how it’s worked out. We had timeshare weeks to use from cancelled May France trip(how we needed up in Orlando for two weeks in June), then middle kid started UCF in August. Our Orlando trips usually in our timeshareDo you have rentals in Florida?
If cruising industry ever does come back safely, was musing th either day how much the Trip Insurance policies we purchase (that include medical out of country) will increase.
yea I’m wondering too, haven’t gotten TI for 2022 cruise yet...still have the Jan 2021 cruise on books but waiting to see what happens. Only $100 deposit and great deal on NCL so if I need to cancel no biggie even if lose deposit. Final payment now not til end of next month anyway.
Dark nights are on the way........
Yep! Part of the year I have love/hate relationship with- darker outside earlier but more lights inside due to holiday lights. Fall mantle all done up with small soft white lights.
Good idea to get next years HHN trip set up. I think it’s gonna be busy Mac- as much as I love Sapphire falls maybe should switch to RPR...although both middle kid and I will have the AP with EP...but HRH still on bucket list too...

And mother in-law decided to Cancel their Mexico trip. Started freaking out about cost of a ventilator in Mexico, doesn’t believe they won’t get sick again with covid. Handful of MAYBE cases worldwide with 8 million cases but media insists on centering like its common right away :rolleyes1 IF that’s actually happening then ain’t no vaccine gonna keep up and human race is doomed- funny how we managed to survive until now but covid will do is in if you listen to doomsayers...but she feels better now so alls well. Not a vacation if stressed!. Think they are looking at southern or gulf Florida- so middle kiddo Paige and Katelyn May be able to see her a bit more along with great grandson too.
AD6A18E3-B934-4F8B-BE06-0DA9AFF6E703.jpegDo has decided sitting on back of my chair is a good way to get attention. Usually he crams in beside me and hangs 1/2 body over arm and falls asleep. Sue I think your doggies are a better size for snuggles! Good to hear they are better!

Thought of you when I was at RPR in September. I know you and I are normally here at the same time. Looking forward to a time when we can welcome people from elsewhere again. I’m sure you are too!
Also your lunch sounds delicious!

Thank Tiny......

Yes, it was the first September we haven`t been there in years, so it was a little odd, but I got to celebrate my birthday at home for the first time in years too which was nice. Oh we`ll be back before we know it........the way time is flying this year, it`s quite scary, I expected this year to drag, but it hasn`t.

Yes, hopefully we`ll be able to say hello next year to you......nice to see you back posting......:wave2:

happy birthday trip and engagement trip! Yeah we were in Orlando for two weeks in early June- went to UO not too lon after they were reopened- was kinda eerie in some places as there was NO ONE around. Have a picture of completely empty Gringotts vault and queue - not even a team member in sight. And Dr Doom line- dd and I took tons of pics because we were only ones there! Then another week in August and heading back over Thanksgiving. We’ve also done a road trip through South Dakota in late June/early July, and then we helped oldest move to Seattle in September. I’ve done more traveling this year to more places than last couple years combined- weird how it’s worked out. We had timeshare weeks to use from cancelled May France trip(how we needed up in Orlando for two weeks in June), then middle kid started UCF in August. Our Orlando trips usually in our timeshareDo you have rentals in Florida?
yea I’m wondering too, haven’t gotten TI for 2022 cruise yet...still have the Jan 2021 cruise on books but waiting to see what happens. Only $100 deposit and great deal on NCL so if I need to cancel no biggie even if lose deposit. Final payment now not til end of next month anyway.

Yep! Part of the year I have love/hate relationship with- darker outside earlier but more lights inside due to holiday lights. Fall mantle all done up with small soft white lights.
Good idea to get next years HHN trip set up. I think it’s gonna be busy Mac- as much as I love Sapphire falls maybe should switch to RPR...although both middle kid and I will have the AP with EP...but HRH still on bucket list too...

And mother in-law decided to Cancel their Mexico trip. Started freaking out about cost of a ventilator in Mexico, doesn’t believe they won’t get sick again with covid. Handful of MAYBE cases worldwide with 8 million cases but media insists on centering like its common right away :rolleyes1 IF that’s actually happening then ain’t no vaccine gonna keep up and human race is doomed- funny how we managed to survive until now but covid will do is in if you listen to doomsayers...but she feels better now so alls well. Not a vacation if stressed!. Think they are looking at southern or gulf Florida- so middle kiddo Paige and Katelyn May be able to see her a bit more along with great grandson too.
View attachment 533939Do has decided sitting on back of my chair is a good way to get attention. Usually he crams in beside me and hangs 1/2 body over arm and falls asleep. Sue I think your doggies are a better size for snuggles! Good to hear they are better!

Yes, I in a way, love the dark nights for that reason. House is cosy and warm, we light candles and then yes, once the Christmas lights go up around the house......love it. We don`t decorate for halloween so we have to wait for Christmas.......halloween just isn`t as big over here.

You have some lovely plans in the making.....hope we can co-ordinate and meet up again, that last meet was nice. yes, I`m not reading the doom and gloom in the media.....will take note when there`s something real to report and just negative specualtion.......

Love the doggy picture........

Thursday again........

Heading out grocery shopping this morning. Two farm stores to drop into, but freezers are almost full so we don`t need much except pick up something that is tempting when we get there. Other place is for veg and some of their own produce......last thing we need is chutney as I`m sure we brought back the whole stock of the Cotswolds!

Going to be a dull but dry day today, barely into the low 50`s.

No bacon planned this morning, I`m thinking toast with preserves and a large pot of tea when Tom gets up.....will be soon when I go back upstairs and rattle around.

cv58-M.jpg

cv51-L.jpg

:rotfl:

Off to DIL to have nails done pre (hopeful) trip next week. Stupid rules mean I can’t drop in just for coffee but as she runs her beauty room from home I can go for treatments! DS day off tomorrow so we are planning to meet for dog walk and outdoor undercover lunch.

L last day before half term today so non uniform and she went in Halloween top and leggings - very happy. J not happy he still has to go to school tomorrow.

Hope all have a good day.

A foggy good morning to Julie and Schumi.

Yay, nails getting done today, Julie. So happy for you, to get away for a bit. I am sure the kids are excited too.

Ooh, tea for me this morning too, Schumi. Could have toast too, but saw a bagel, so will toast that. I do like it with cream cheese and jelly or jam. Hope you found some good choices in those farm stores.

Drink up homies,
5885D61C-10B6-4433-89CD-2321669919A2.gif ::yes::

A foggy good morning to Julie and Schumi.

Yay, nails getting done today, Julie. So happy for you, to get away for a bit. I am sure the kids are excited too.

Ooh, tea for me this morning too, Schumi. Could have toast too, but saw a bagel, so will toast that. I do like it with cream cheese and jelly or jam. Hope you found some good choices in those farm stores.

Drink up homies,
View attachment 533978 ::yes::
Kids not coming on our trip Lynne! Nanna and Grandpa having a break on our own (still looking hopeful). Will not pack until the day before but have started a list so I can just pull everything together

Lots of homes decorated brilliantly for Halloween on the new development where DS & DIL are. So nice to see.

Cool but dry here today. Missed lunch so hoping everyone ready for an early evening meal today.

Sorry for poofing, I hope everyone is doing alright. Sounds like Tink's business is still operating which is good news. Always good to have something going during these trying times.

Also @keishashadow you replied awhile back, but basically I'm working on creating databases / learning SQL and then next is HTML. HTML is a code that essentially makes websites look the way that they do. I think it was HTML you specifically commented on.

Soon in little over a week I'll be the HRH! So excited! I haven't been at the HRH for years. It's my favorite for not only theming reasons, but nostalgic reasons now with the very few times I've gone when younger. No plans to go to the parks. Just hanging out with some good friends and enjoying City Walk. It appears it's going to cool down those days, but it has a good chance of raining. Oops. That's not going to stop me though!

Hope all the homies have a good Thirsty Thursday!

Oh, got ya, Julie. Yep, you both need a time to relax and recharge. Crossing all that you do enjoy that time away.

Ah, sounds like a good field to go into Dix. And woot! HRH time. Nice to enjoy that hotel. And rain, well, umbrella, or wait. Most of the time, cell goes by, sun comes out. Hope cooler weather, so nice to walk around City Walk.

Disxuni, I’ve been waiting for you to post and now you have time to do so!
Yaaaaa...

Knew you were busy with school so have been looking each day to see if you posted

HR is sweet!
That was my home hotel for years.
I had lunch with friends there this month.
It was so nice to be there.

I know you will love staying there with your friends!

Hope school is going smooth for youse

24C8EE12-DAFF-4E0A-8B84-8A14F5382C09.jpeg
but, who’s counting?

8D12264F-F94B-458A-AAD3-BC140CF19928.jpeg

So warm already today. if I squint can almost convince myself it’s summer aaaaah
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! I appreciate it! It was a good birthday indeed. We spent 4 days at Disney and then hopped over to UOR (RPR) to celebrate engagement anniversary and birthday tradition
Never heard that term - engagement anniversary, cute. Nice you were able to have a great trip celebrating
Fingers crossed cruising commences sooner vs. later. I’m waiting to see a solid 6 months of event free cruising from the more intrepid travelers before I dive back in
I expected this year to drag, but it hasn`t.
If anything, it flew past
last thing we need is chutney as I`m sure we brought back the whole stock of the Cotswolds!
You are doing your patriotic duty to stimulate the Economy
Stupid rules mean I can’t drop in just for coffee but as she runs her beauty room from home I can go for treatments!
:headache: Nonsensical! Although, the the hodgepodge of guidelines here to wade thru not surprised. Assume since living that close that she’d in your social bubble & ok, at least following masks & distancing protocols?

Well....
No bacon
No Mac
Jk
A day without mac
Is a day without sunshine

can’t remember what ad campaign from which I cribbed that lol
Also @keishashadow you replied awhile back, but basically I'm working on creating databases / learning SQL and then next is HTML. HTML is a code that essentially makes websites look the way that they do. I think it was HTML you specifically commented on.
Yes, it was. I bought a Harry Potter introduction to coding kit for GD last year. Very fun must say & has dropped by half Under $50 now
D948E425-D466-449F-BD1B-A743DB83AFF2.jpeg

the good middle school elementary programs here were starting introduce it in middle school Makes me feel like a 🦖

Sadly, curriculum appears to have been a bit dumbed down tho, back to the basics/review stuff to get the majority back up to speed. Guessing that’s not uncommon fact now

Rainy and cold day here today! Curled up under a blanket trying to work. Hubby is bringing home Jimmy John's for lunch though so won't have to leave my comfy warm spot to make something yay!

Nephews are bummed that Trick or treating is canceled this year. Trying to think of something fun to do with them instead - thinking about sending a care package with some goodies and fun activities. But I know all you folks love Halloween and are more creative than I am - any good ideas out there of things I can do?

Stay warm and safe homies! Mac I'll get the bacon going for dinner so you can stay around. ;)

Sorry for poofing, I hope everyone is doing alright. Sounds like Tink's business is still operating which is good news. Always good to have something going during these trying times.

Soon in little over a week I'll be the HRH! So excited! I haven't been at the HRH for years. It's my favorite for not only theming reasons, but nostalgic reasons now with the very few times I've gone when younger. No plans to go to the parks. Just hanging out with some good friends and enjoying City Walk. It appears it's going to cool down those days, but it has a good chance of raining. Oops. That's not going to stop me though!

Hope all the homies have a good Thirsty Thursday!
If you haven’t already I might recommend making lots of dinner reservations. You can do it on the website for all the sit down restaurants even toothesome. It’s been very very hit or miss with what’s super busy and what’s not. When their wait exceeds their closing time they cut it off for the night.

no credit card required nor any requirements for canceling. You can cancel 10 minutes before if you like with no consequences. I might recommend you not but that’s just me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter