Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Thursday morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 764542

View attachment 764543

Happy trails to Charade and family. Have a wonderful trip to California.

View attachment 764545

View attachment 764546

View attachment 764544

We had a such a nice visit. We did a little shopping and he had the whole play area in the Mall to himself. Of course we had to stop for a soft pretzel. He loves the pretzels from Ben‘s Soft Pretzels.

Foot is doing some better bruising has spread into my toes. I saw the GI doc yesterday and we are changing up things with the meds. It‘s a process.

I had a nice time with my little buddy.

I had a great time with little Jude. It is so special being around him. He is such a sweet little fella.

I’am sorry to hear about your moms rotator cuff. Those can be so painful. I’am glad the shots are working for her.

Those cutting boards are heavy. Sorry to hear you were left with continued issues with your toe.

I‘am sorry to hear of your breast cancer reoccurrence. I know this has to be frightening for you. Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way:hug:

Sadly you have to be your best advocate with making sure everyone is doing their jobs now in the health industry with your appts. Things have changed so much. I remember back in he day when you left your doctors office all the referrals would be called and everyone was on the ball with appts etc.

For instance i had my GI appt yesterday. The doc changed up the med routine and said i want to see you in 6 weeks. Then I go out to the desk to check out and they tell me the next available appt with him is in October. I could see his NP in July. I told the desk secretary to go back to the office and talk to him. I just walked out the door from my appt with him. She did and came back and gave me appt with him 6 weeks out as he ordered. There seems be a nonchalant communication issue between the front office staff and the MD’s and NP’s.

Praying you get all your referrals and things run smoothly for you.

I loved this Oprah picture.
View attachment 764557

Yes, you aways have to make room for future bag purchases.

I think that would be the time to tell them you wanted to rent a car not buy it LOL……I would have fell off my chair on that one.

Car rental prices have really gone up for sure in past couple of years. I have done a better job of shopping around for them when needed. Janet sharing the Autoslash site was very helpful.

Mac sending continued prayers and good thoughts your way:hug:

I made a big pan of lasagna, meatballs, garlic bread and a pineapple upside down cake for dessert yesterday evening. Son and daughter in law, grandson and Granddaughter and her hubby came over for dinner. It was so good to see everyone. Sent home some leftovers home with them.

Going to have lunch out with daughter in law today. She is work off today. I sent her some possible places to choose from. I was going to take her to Farmer and Frenchman in Henderson, but we had Italian last night and that is their specialty. Thought we needed something different.

Hope all our missing Sans family members are doing well. Shout out to Tink, MonyK, Patty and many more.

View attachment 764548

View attachment 764549

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

View attachment 764547

We did have a good laugh when $4,000 popped up and that wasn`t the only one around the same price. Yes, we could have bought a car and left it for less!

It is what it is though, we pay whatever it costs to have a car as we wouldn`t be without one.

Hope they can sort your meds out, one of my best friends is going through some medical issues right now and finding the most suitable med for her is proving to be complicated to due to some other issues she has, it`s trial and error for now. But, hope you get a fix soon.

And enjoy lunch with your DiL.....always nice to spend time with family and friends.

@Lynne G thanks for your good wishes. Yes, always feel better after salon visit! Had 2” trimmed off.
You‘ll have to ask Pumpkin to stop blowing the smoke your way! Ack 90! So early to get those temps.

@keishashadow love the Oprah meme! It’s difficult with aides. I had my mom signed up with an agency in Florida. And they’d phone me with a problem! Sheesh. I’m across the country on the west coast of Canada, what do you want me to do I’d ask them. I had to fire one agency.
I need to tackle my closet! I’m sure your right, they do breed!

@Charade67 :woohoo:congrats on graduation! And have fun at DL:smickey: where are you staying? I may have mentioned last time, there’s a Pizza Press a short walk from gate in front of The Anaheim Hotel. Love their pizza. Oh yes, you’ll def have to have Churros! Lol.
Yeah, it’s my Drs receptionist! I understand the records requested were from 1997 and probably in archives, but go dig! I think I shook the tree after going in to speak with them and a follow up phone call yesterday where I got a phone call from office manager. I guess she’s on it now!
My daughter graduated during Covid. The college sent her degree by mail in a box, degree in a nice case, with grad cap, balloons and small box of chocolates!

@schumigirl yes apparently quite difficult this communicating! Ah yes! Being sucked into the Utube black hole so easy! I find it quite handy when I want to learn how to do or fix something.
I was transfering out winter clothing in dresser for summer and ended up with a bag full of stuff for donations. Now have to tackle closet ::yes::

@Robo56 So right, these days you have to be your own advocate. Making sure everything is done. Glad you stood your ground at GI office. These young receptionists just seem like they aren’t well trained.
Your dinner sounds great. I love lasagna! I can tell you MonyK is doing well! We had a lovely visit when she was up in my area!

:thanks: Everyone for your good wishes. A quiet day today. Have an appt with my massage therapist and that’s all on my schedule. Probably a dog walk after dinner with a friend. It’s funny, I’m sure our dogs can hear who’s on the phone because they get all excited and know it’s walkies time!
Beautiful sunny day today. May have to put together my hammock stand.

Hope it goes well again today Sue.

We are actually staying at the Anaheim Hotel. I usually don’t get churros, but may make an exception this time. They have some interesting flavors for churro day.

I am currently sitting at my gate, but my flight doesn’t leave until 1:23. We go here early so we could get something to eat. Getting through security didn’t take as long as we expected.

It`s nice to get through security quicker.

Still slothing, made a visit down to the fruit trees to see how they are getting on, think we`ll have an abundance of apples and pears, should be a slow year for plums I think, or our gardener thinks!!

Still dull and grey, but any excuse to stay cosy inside with my husband.

Kyle popped in for half an hour before heading out for dinner with friends tonight, it`s nice he`s always so busy outside of work, a good social life is so important, especially after the long year and a half of Covid.

Time for another pot of tea and a slice of cake I think.......

i’m annoyed. Found out new ordinance in town, have to pay for a permit to hire a dumpster roll off to be delivered. Just another nuisance fee. Was mostly put out having to run to office to grab the permit, fill it out, then had to run to bank to pay the fee. They only take cash. Um, sounds shady bookkeeping to me. Hmmph

tomorrow, big day in our little hamlet, they are imploding a huge smokestack from defunct power plant a few miles away. Don’t laugh, it’s on my bucket list to watch one, live. I found the perfect, isolated spot to view it. Hoping we won’t be cheek to cheek with others also hoping for a clear view.

managed to add a day onto the beginning of our trip with GD at her favorite WDW resort, Boardwalk. Must’ve been a last minute cancellation. unexpected, as have been on waitlist for 7 months for the week. One day will be a nice surprise for her. going to Epcot that day specifically to see the band In Living Color (cult of personality). Will be nice & easy to walk over/back. our points for that one are usually allocated to what she calls “grandma & pap only trip”. Then we are onto AKJ, which I’m quite fond of too, has it’s own charms & lastly the 🛳️. I’m getting far too excited too early.

the luck kept rolling…saw that spirit slashed their prices for our flight home. funny to me that a checked bag was more than double the price of the fare. :confused3Were on SWA. Have a nice credit now for fall trip Now.

the day’s paperwork is done & over, out to the the pool I go. Will be grilling steaks out as just too hot to heat up the kitchen. Really hope there’s enough gas left in the tank.

The university doesn’t print and mail the diplomas? I guess in this electronic age a digital one makes sense.

We will be heading for the airport soon. They have already changed our departure gate twice. Speaking if changes - my flight to Orlando just got changed from a 2:00 departure to an 11:00 departure. I’m not happy about that. I am leaving from Richmond which is a 2 hour drive from my house. I looked at later flights, but they all get into Orlando later than I want.
Ugh. these days it almost seems a win when the plane actually takes off, how our standards have lowered lol
Kyle had his full diploma on the day and it is a beautiful heavy embossed paper which looks gorgeous in the frame with his Graduation picture, very professional and well finished. It only seems like yesterday we had that day and got such beautiful pictures!
I snatched all my boys’ to hold for safekeeping. as you say, they are all quite ornate and in a lovely faux leather cover.
We are actually staying at the Anaheim Hotel. I usually don’t get churros, but may make an exception this time. They have some interesting flavors for churro day.

I am currently sitting at my gate, but my flight doesn’t leave until 1:23. We go here early so we could get something to eat. Getting through security didn’t take as long as we expected.
Curious as to how you like it there. I’ve never eaten a churro, ever.

robbie lol the spin the bottle meme is great. Good luck on the new GI plan.

Sue - love a good, solid hammock. Thought our long lost one, with a metal frame, was lurking in the shed…nope. Appears it must’ve gotten tossed. darn it.

i’m annoyed. Found out new ordinance in town, have to pay for a permit to hire a dumpster roll off to be delivered. Just another nuisance fee. Was mostly put out having to run to office to grab the permit, fill it out, then had to run to bank to pay the fee. They only take cash. Um, sounds shady bookkeeping to me. Hmmph

tomorrow, big day in our little hamlet, they are imploding a huge smokestack from defunct power plant a few miles away. Don’t laugh, it’s on my bucket list to watch one, live. I found the perfect, isolated spot to view it. Hoping we won’t be cheek to cheek with others also hoping for a clear view.

managed to add a day onto the beginning of our trip with GD at her favorite WDW resort, Boardwalk. Must’ve been a last minute cancellation. unexpected, as have been on waitlist for 7 months for the week. One day will be a nice surprise for her. going to Epcot that day specifically to see the band In Living Color (cult of personality). Will be nice & easy to walk over/back. our points for that one are usually allocated to what she calls “grandma & pap only trip”. Then we are onto AKJ, which I’m quite fond of too, has it’s own charms & lastly the 🛳️. I’m getting far too excited too early.

the luck kept rolling…saw that spirit slashed their prices for our flight home. funny to me that a checked bag was more than double the price of the fare. :confused3Were on SWA. Have a nice credit now for fall trip Now.

the day’s paperwork is done & over, out to the the pool I go. Will be grilling steaks out as just too hot to heat up the kitchen. Really hope there’s enough gas left in the tank.

Ugh. these days it almost seems a win when the plane actually takes off, how our standards have lowered lol

I snatched all my boys’ to hold for safekeeping. as you say, they are all quite ornate and in a lovely faux leather cover.

Curious as to how you like it there. I’ve never eaten a churro, ever.

robbie lol the spin the bottle meme is great. Good luck on the new GI plan.

Sue - love a good, solid hammock. Thought our long lost one, with a metal frame, was lurking in the shed…nope. Appears it must’ve gotten tossed. darn it.

Oh it’s tomorrow for the stacks coming down? Enjoy that, we always enjoyed a good blast off for defunct chimneys and so on. The company we worked for did our own demolitions…..perk of the type of business……lol…..

Nice win on the extra day with GD…..how lovely. Never too early to get excited for a trip……heck I’m already excited for November……lol……

Annoying when they bump on extra charges for things. Cash only??? Strange in this day and age for sure.

Enjoy the steaks, yes, hope you don’t run out of gas after us talking about it……

@Charade67 you’ll enjoy the hotel. I like to get a ground floor with patio. Quite private as it has high fence. And you get a discount at the pizza place if you are staying there. Or you used to. Nice pool too.

@Lynne G we don’t even say the word! But the dogs know lol. Friends dog even got excited when he heard my voice on the answering machine!
yes feeling better after massage. Not exactly relaxing one, it’s a deep tissue massage. My right hip was totally out. I think from my fall my last night at Universal. I banged myself up good. Vertigo. Don’t brace because you don’t even know you’re falling. My daughter is talking about going to the local lake beach next week. Warming up.

@keishashadow enjoy watching the implosion! I’ve only seen on tv but they do look cool! Boardwalk and CR are the only deluxe resorts I haven’t stayed at! Clown pool. Lol. Maybe now that it’s gone I may try it! Love AKL! Sounds like a fun trip.

@schumigirl thank you!

NEWS- I have a consult date with surgeon 6/9. Yay.

We made it to LA. It took us over an hour to get from the airport to our hotel. It was 15 miles. The desk clerk said we made good time. I don’t think I could ever live here.
It’s 7:00 here, so 10:00 my time. I am tired and hungry. Thankfully the hotel has a restaurant. Tomorrow we go to Universal Studios.

We made it to LA. It took us over an hour to get from the airport to our hotel. It was 15 miles. The desk clerk said we made good time. I don’t think I could ever live here.
It’s 7:00 here, so 10:00 my time. I am tired and hungry. Thankfully the hotel has a restaurant. Tomorrow we go to Universal Studios.
Glad you made it! Easier to use Anaheim airport! Did you get a balcony room or patio?

Glad you made it! Easier to use Anaheim airport! Did you get a balcony room or patio?
I’m not in Anaheim yet. We are currently at a hotel near Universal. We will be driving to Anaheim on Sunday.
I originally wanted to fly into the Burbank airport and then fly out of the one near Anaheim, but we were able to get a great deal using flight miles. We had to fly out of Charlotte and into LAX.

Well, let’s just say I’m very glad the steaks kept cooking a bit after I covered in foil while letting them rest

lol.....I can guess what you`ll be buying soon then!!

We did run out once many years ago, hence, the two gas tanks. Glad the steaks were good though! Enjoy the demolition today.

I couldn`t live there I don`t think.

Enjoy The Studios today.

We have some sunshine today..........arranged yesterday one of our couple friends are coming this morning and we`re going to walk up in the woods for a change, we`ve had no rain so tracks and paths won`t be muddy. She`s bringing the dogs, that`ll be nice.

Not sure what`s for lunch today but doing spicy beef burgers for dinner tonight on the grill with the usual sides, no fries though doing potato parcels....sliced potato, salad onions, fresh thinly sliced jalapenos, seasoning and lots of butter.....cooks up a treat! Will have salad and coleslaw too I think and will make some dulce de leche ice cream for later.

Might try and get some Trip Report done too......going to try and get it done quicker than usual, well, that`s the plan.

Avocado toast this morning, not sure if I`ll have a poached egg with it or not, that`ll keep us going till lunchtime if we do.

cv20-S.jpg

cv12-S.jpg

Have a lovely Friday ☺️

Last edited:
Yay, some Hollywood Universal fun today for Charade. Pictures with Mario, please. Yeah, it always took a few days of getting up way too early when I’m on the West Coast, before being on Pacific time. Then I always took a few days to get back to Eastern time. Always harder for me when back on home time.

Ooh so sunny out now. I swear I heard little one talk, maybe to someone on her phone? Eh, we will get an earlier start to the beach. Suntan lotion ready, and I need to jump in the shower. Glorious weather today. Woot!

Hehe, my commute home yesterday was busy and by the time I came home, even with the AC on, my clothes were sweaty. 90 degrees said my car. Yeah, and I promptly changed out of my office clothes, took a shower and changed to shorts.

Hot day until the evening, when the chance of rain comes. Yep, a cold front is setting up, to drop our temp tomorrow by 20 degrees. Though have to say, with 90 today, and 74 degrees the high tomorrow, still a pleasant enough temp to be the first day of the weekend.

And so, a lazy day for me, with hoping Keisha gets a great view of the implosion, and a thank goodness for Sue for getting an appointment next week. Sue, I hope your surgery goes very well, and sending many good thoughts your way. And sending Mac some more gentle hugs and prayers.

Hey, give a yay, it’s that Fabulous feeling Friday today. Hope everyone is feeling it.

Good morning. I’m the first one up as usual. The park opens at 8:00, but I doubt we will get there by then. I just hope it’s not too insanely crowded. I will try to post some pictures as the day goes on.

Hope you do post some pictures, Charade.

Beach:
IMG_1639.jpeg

Gloriously sunny, so beach is perfect. Laying out on the beach with someone near us playing music. Lot of people on the beach versus our late March trip. Big slice of boardwalk pizza, as both of us hungry when we first got here. Back to relaxing. Somewhat lots of traffic at points, making it a longer than expected trip down. But you can tell not that busy, as lots of parking spots on the last road from the beach.

Ooh sandy are we. They do have bathrooms near where we enter, so will change when done at the beach.

Hope all are doing well.

@Charade67 you’ll enjoy the hotel. I like to get a ground floor with patio. Quite private as it has high fence. And you get a discount at the pizza place if you are staying there. Or you used to. Nice pool too.

@Lynne G we don’t even say the word! But the dogs know lol. Friends dog even got excited when he heard my voice on the answering machine!
yes feeling better after massage. Not exactly relaxing one, it’s a deep tissue massage. My right hip was totally out. I think from my fall my last night at Universal. I banged myself up good. Vertigo. Don’t brace because you don’t even know you’re falling. My daughter is talking about going to the local lake beach next week. Warming up.

@keishashadow enjoy watching the implosion! I’ve only seen on tv but they do look cool! Boardwalk and CR are the only deluxe resorts I haven’t stayed at! Clown pool. Lol. Maybe now that it’s gone I may try it! Love AKL! Sounds like a fun trip.

@schumigirl thank you!

NEWS- I have a consult date with surgeon 6/9. Yay.
SueM, I'm sorry to hear of your fall while at Universal. Were you just on a thrill ride or did it happen out of the blue? I'm glad you have an appointment with the doctor. Take care!

Quick Friday stop in!!!!

I am hoping to only work half a day today. Since this is my third weekend in a row at Homecare, I haven't had the time or energy to plant my flowers or grow pots yet. So since I'm all caught up at work here, I'll take a half day and go home and do all my planting!

Quiet night last night. I did get a walk in :Pinkbounc so I felt great about that. I didn't break any records - but I got some extra steps in. It ended up being a fend for yourself night. I had a toasted tomato sandwich. Nothing special, but it hit the spot!

It`s ended up being a gorgeous day here today!

Our friends arrived with the dogs and we headed up into the woods which were lovely as it wasn`t too hot in there and we walked for a couple of hours.

i-HnWzDmz-X2.jpg

i-mQS7zxm-X2.jpg

The dogs loved the water of course, glad they weren`t coming into our home on the way back as they were drenched. It`s so peaceful up there behind us, hardly see anyone else, except the odd deer or foxes.

Then we sat in the garden this afternoon, it was lovely in the sun, but in the shade you could feel that Easterly cool air still around....I think someone needs to let mother nature know it`s June! Enjoyed getting the bbq going again tonight, had some lovely home made beef burgers with a nice choice of sides. Very meaty.

Having tea right now with a chocolate bar....Cadbury Caramel gorgeous with tea!

Forgot my quotes!

I had breast cancer 27 yrs ago, and now in other side. I’m waiting for surgeon appt. I went into my Dr office yesterday to ask why I haven’t gotten appt yet with surgeon. It’s been a week. Receptionist gave me surgeons number to call so I did. I was biting my tongue thinking to myself shouldn’t you be phoning, ugh. And yes, surgeons office wants my doctors office to phone.
I can't even imagine how that feels, but I'll be sending you lots of bright healing light.
I hope your dr's office gets their 💩 in a group and sends your files to the right office. That's horrible.

Now with my job with AHS I am truly seeing the disconnect in our healthcare system. It's sad really
It’s an issue in general here finding reliable workers. Nobody seemingly wants to stay in that field any longer. Especially the direct care aides. My ex MIL has gone thru a ton of them. While some could be due to her winning personality :rolleyes1 , the agency said it’s common. The newest one has lasted the longest, over a year. Only issue is she has taken to sunning herself in the backyard, for hours, when her physical work is done. Neighbors have commented on it. She’s supposed to be a companion. Jury is out on whether the family is going to mention it to her as they are afraid she will quit
That is true. We are very lucky we have quite a few people who have been working in this field for 10+ yrs. But it is very true that many don't stay in the position long.
big day in our little hamlet, they are imploding a huge smokestack from defunct power plant a few miles away. Don’t laugh, it’s on my bucket list to watch one, live. I found the perfect, isolated spot to view it. Hoping we won’t be cheek to cheek with others also hoping for a clear view.
I hope your perfect spot works out for you. That sounds like it would be something interesting to watch!
We are currently at a hotel near Universal. We will be driving to Anaheim on Sunday.
I originally wanted to fly into the Burbank airport and then fly out of the one near Anaheim, but we were able to get a great deal using flight miles. We had to fly out of Charlotte and into LAX
YAY!!!!! Enjoy your day there!
Not sure what`s for lunch today but doing spicy beef burgers for dinner tonight on the grill with the usual sides, no fries though doing potato parcels....sliced potato, salad onions, fresh thinly sliced jalapenos, seasoning and lots of butter.....cooks up a treat!
YUM!!!!! I was thinking of doing a flattened burger cooked on wraps! Another tiktock video I want to try out. Or else it will be just good ole grilled burgers and probably some potato salad I'll try to whip up on my afternoon off.
Gloriously sunny, so beach is perfect. Laying out on the beach with someone near us playing music. Lot of people on the beach versus our late March trip. Big slice of boardwalk pizza, as both of us hungry when we first got here. Back to relaxing. Somewhat lots of traffic at points, making it a longer than expected trip down. But you can tell not that busy, as lots of parking spots on the last road from the beach.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH :beach: I can feel the heat in that picture. I hope your had a great day there!

Well...off to finishing shuffling my few papers around - then home to plant some flowers

Well, at least hopefully you got to ride everything else, Charade. Hard when certain body types don’t fit a seat. Sending good thoughts that with the rest of your trip, will enjoying the other rides.

Back from the beach and took a nice hot shower. Sand, I think, is not on me now. Suntan lotion worked, no pink or red to be seen. I always wear a hat to the beach too. Pink or red face, no thanks. Little one, forgot to use sun screen, and she’s red here and there. Hehe, even a red stripe on leg where her bottom bathing suit was. We do have aloe based after sun spray. I’m sure she will be using it later today.

Perfect Friday. And hear my home AC going. Yeah, heat of the day now. 92 degrees and humid. But rain to come later, as cold front is just a little delayed, as was to dip out temps much later than first thought. So warm night before some later night rain, and by tomorrow morning, will be in the low 60’s, with 66 degrees by 5 am tomorrow. Some more refreshing temps, as not seeing a high of 80 until this coming Friday. 70’s are a nice temp. No jacket and not the AC running as long.

Ooh, like Keisha, steaks on the grill for dinner. That kinda meal on a hot day. No need to make the kitchen hot feeling.

Now past 5 o’clock, time for tea. Ahhhh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter