• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Workmen gone and we now have new electrical outlets in the gazebo, which sits further down the garden. We have two, but wanted a couple more just in case we need them. Better to have too many. It`s made of solid wood so I didn`t want it to look too obvious where the sockets were, but they have hidden them well.

Lunch over, had a nice morning doing little jobs and managed to bake some lemon drizzle cakes and rosemary bread for lunch with the jerk chicken. Pastry is also made for the quiche tonight......food sorted for the day!

And had a wine delivery......Tom "forgot" it was coming today......some nice ones in there we haven`t tried yet as well as some favourites! Roll on the weekend.......

Another quick hello. I got to work today to discover that the boss’ husband thought I was off today, so he posted all the claims payments. That left me with very little to do today. Now I am trying to fill appointments for the next few weeks. It seems like every time I fill an appointment someone else cancels.

We are on a plane to CA tomorrow.

IMG_8982.gif

It's a hump day feeling today!

It's a cool morning here today. A little breezy along with a tiny bit of rain. Nothing much to get excited about. But the weekend forecast is predicting some rain. Of course it would rain when it's the weekend and dh and the boys want to get out fishing lol. I'm working - so they were planning on doing some fly fishing this weekend. I guess we will see what the weather is really like then.

Quiet night last night. I didn't get to my walk. I was just too tuckered out. But I did make some phone calls to my parents and sisters. So I consider that a win. Hoping tonight to get out for a walk and get some steps in.

I whipped up a yummy supper last night. Made a dish I seen on tick tok of all places - and it was super easy and the pan was empty when I was done. They called it " chicken cobbler" and it's like a quick lazy chicken pot pie. It was delicious. And used items that are " more processed" which I really try to limit as they are always so high in calories, salt and unwanted preservatives - but for a quick last minute meal when I'm super tired - I would definitely make it again!!!!

That is so sad to hear of the devastation from the fire in your area. Is the end in sight Or is it a drought situation?
They aren't really calling it a drought situation. But with a hot summer last year with very little rain, and a winter with very little snow - and our VAST areas of woodland/forest full of now dry dry grass along with the abundance of pine trees that are dry. Our province and our area especially typically doesn't get much rainfall per year. So by fall, it is usually quite dry here. But what we have right now, is dry. The farmers are saying it's not quite drought, but we are quickly creeping up there.
Our driver did quite well. He is having a good season so far.
He is having a great year! Hopefully he's able to keep it up. Have a great trip!
my mushroom quiche, but going to add bacon and leek instead of chicken, it`s a nicer flavour, so will get the pastry made this morning and blind bake it for later. We still have some jerk chicken so that`ll be lunch with some salad today and I might make some rosemary bread.
That sounds delicious! I have one mushroom hater, so I couldn't make something like that unless he wasn't home. Once he flies the coop...I will be making more things with mushrooms!
Stretch of nice weather this week. And so, walk will be with sunglasses and shorts. Though with a clear sky, 48 degrees in this early hour. But that sun is getting close to the longest day this coming month tomorrow.
Enjoy that lunchtime walk!

Well, the stack of papers on my desk need to be shuffled.

Have a great day everyone!

Workmen gone and we now have new electrical outlets in the gazebo, which sits further down the garden. We have two, but wanted a couple more just in case we need them. Better to have too many. It`s made of solid wood so I didn`t want it to look too obvious where the sockets were, but they have hidden them well.

Lunch over, had a nice morning doing little jobs and managed to bake some lemon drizzle cakes and rosemary bread for lunch with the jerk chicken. Pastry is also made for the quiche tonight......food sorted for the day!

And had a wine delivery......Tom "forgot" it was coming today......some nice ones in there we haven`t tried yet as well as some favourites! Roll on the weekend.......
OOO, I Love lemon drizzle cakes. Yum! In fact anything baked that is lemon I love. Sounds like your gazebo is now set all up with outlets:) It all sounds so nice and relaxing to sit out in a gazebo and visit.

I spent the morning helping Mom find light blocking curtains and taking her out to lunch (our weekly thing:). Then back to her place to help with the curtains. She now has a torn rotator cuff on the right, and already had one on the left shoulder:( She got a shot of cortisone in it. It's so sad that she is too old to have surgery and there is nothing they can do but the shots. For now, they are working. She is a trouper! She just says that she's glad she doesn't have a heart problem or something physical like that. Then back home to sit down with a diet coke and get on the computer. It's nice and warm out and my flowers are starting to grow and look better.
Have a nice day.

Another quick hello. I got to work today to discover that the boss’ husband thought I was off today, so he posted all the claims payments. That left me with very little to do today. Now I am trying to fill appointments for the next few weeks. It seems like every time I fill an appointment someone else cancels.

We are on a plane to CA tomorrow.

View attachment 764277

Have a lovely trip Charade, hope you have a good flight and a wonderful trip.

It's a hump day feeling today!

It's a cool morning here today. A little breezy along with a tiny bit of rain. Nothing much to get excited about. But the weekend forecast is predicting some rain. Of course it would rain when it's the weekend and dh and the boys want to get out fishing lol. I'm working - so they were planning on doing some fly fishing this weekend. I guess we will see what the weather is really like then.

Quiet night last night. I didn't get to my walk. I was just too tuckered out. But I did make some phone calls to my parents and sisters. So I consider that a win. Hoping tonight to get out for a walk and get some steps in.

I whipped up a yummy supper last night. Made a dish I seen on tick tok of all places - and it was super easy and the pan was empty when I was done. They called it " chicken cobbler" and it's like a quick lazy chicken pot pie. It was delicious. And used items that are " more processed" which I really try to limit as they are always so high in calories, salt and unwanted preservatives - but for a quick last minute meal when I'm super tired - I would definitely make it again!!!!

They aren't really calling it a drought situation. But with a hot summer last year with very little rain, and a winter with very little snow - and our VAST areas of woodland/forest full of now dry dry grass along with the abundance of pine trees that are dry. Our province and our area especially typically doesn't get much rainfall per year. So by fall, it is usually quite dry here. But what we have right now, is dry. The farmers are saying it's not quite drought, but we are quickly creeping up there.

He is having a great year! Hopefully he's able to keep it up. Have a great trip!

That sounds delicious! I have one mushroom hater, so I couldn't make something like that unless he wasn't home. Once he flies the coop...I will be making more things with mushrooms!

Enjoy that lunchtime walk!

Well, the stack of papers on my desk need to be shuffled.

Have a great day everyone!

We have 3 days of sunshine here and we know they`re going to announce a drought!!! You`d never think we were a small island surrounded by water that gets a lot of rain!!

I love chicken pot pie with American style biscuits on top, we call them doughballs or dumplings, they love all the gravy in the casserole.....very winter warming dish, but sounds good about now!!

The quiche was very nice, as long as you use smokey bacon, you can really pick out the individual flavours. Nice with salad and coleslaw.

Hope you get out a walk tonight, it`s a lovely thing to do when you get home.

OOO, I Love lemon drizzle cakes. Yum! In fact anything baked that is lemon I love. Sounds like your gazebo is now set all up with outlets:) It all sounds so nice and relaxing to sit out in a gazebo and visit.

I spent the morning helping Mom find light blocking curtains and taking her out to lunch (our weekly thing:). Then back to her place to help with the curtains. She now has a torn rotator cuff on the right, and already had one on the left shoulder:( She got a shot of cortisone in it. It's so sad that she is too old to have surgery and there is nothing they can do but the shots. For now, they are working. She is a trouper! She just says that she's glad she doesn't have a heart problem or something physical like that. Then back home to sit down with a diet coke and get on the computer. It's nice and warm out and my flowers are starting to grow and look better.
Have a nice day.

I love lemon too!!! Anything lemon I usually like....except weirdly, Lemon Absolut Vodka....tasted like cold medication!

The gazebo is one of my favourite places in our garden and yes we did need extra outlets as we take our laptops down there and various other electrical things, but we procrastinated for so long getting more added until it got cool one evening so we couldn`t plug in the patio heater.......then we made the call!! It is quite large so I think it needs the extra sockets anyway, but job done. I wasn`t fond of the men that did it, not our usual electrician as he is away, they were smokers and I did see them smoke and I`m sure their cigarette ends are on the ground somewhere...disgusting.

Oh bless your mum! I`m glad the shots are helping her though, that is painful. They don`t complain though do they.

Hope you had a nice lunch too, I`m sure your flowers will be gorgeous when they come through. You too, enjoy the peace and quiet....

So, yes, extra sockets have been put in to the gazebo, but it`s too cool to be down there tonight.....lol......we have two patio heaters but doubt that would make a difference, so we`ll stay put tonight and watch some tv.

Full from dinner, but still managed a slice of lemon drizzle cake with a pot of tea afterwards, it`s too nice to not eat!

Now to try and find something to watch, or it`ll be 70`s and 80`s music again......

Quiet afternoon here. Struggling to stay awake to be honest :laughing:

Watching some youtube and shredding paper is my afternoon.

I got to work today to discover that the boss’ husband thought I was off today, so he posted all the claims payments. That left me with very little to do today. Now I am trying to fill appointments for the next few weeks. It seems like every time I fill an appointment someone else cancels.
Ugh...that sounds like my homecare job - only it is schedules for 50+ health care aids :rotfl:

With our HCA's taking leave of abscences, off because of work injuries, or vacation blocks....this past week has been a friggin nightmare to make sure all our clients get their care :scared1:. Honestly, Monday when I picked up a sick for a sick co-worker and came into a nightmare, I was ready to tell a manager to come down and deal with all the clients left that needed care because they have let too many people take vacation days/personal leave days on short notice. I was soooooooooo done. But I got most of them figured out.
Full from dinner, but still managed a slice of lemon drizzle cake with a pot of tea afterwards, it`s too nice to not eat!
OOOO that sounds delightful. My family doesn't like lemon desserts much - so it's not something I get to eat often, but do enjoy.

Well. back to see what else I can find to watch and shred some more.

@Robo56 glad nothing was broken. I dropped a cutting board years ago on my toes and have permanent nail bed damage on my big toe. Always grows in ingrown. I had the surgery for it years ago but didn’t work. So have to go every 8 weeks to podiatrist.
I have that Turtle print change purse i picked up at the VB outlet in Orlando.

@keishashadow i agree with bagels! My guilty pleasure is going to Florida and getting fresh bagels from The Brooklyn Bagel Company. So good. I can’t get any good bagels here!
I have a ton of VB crossbody and the teardrop ones! I have too many purses. I’m putting myself on a purse ban!

@Charade glad Caspian is feeling better. Giving meds to animals is difficult at best. I have tried hiding pills in hotdogs and those dogs find it and spit pill out.
Hope you get the tire situation sorted out.

@schumigirl glad you found good car rental rates! They have been brutal.

@Lynne G too early for local corn here but we did find some imported corn at a re asonable sale price. So we got some. Love it with butter and salt yum. and maybe a little Tahine.

@macraven im so sorry to hear about your brother :hug:

@Pumpkin1172 glad to hear the rain helped the fires. So terrible, and early in the season. That chicken cobbler sounds good!

Thanks everyone for the Birthday Greetings and Happy birthday to Mr Keisha! Yay another Gemini!
Cooled down here today. DH walking around fretting about what to wear for golf.:woohoo:Safe travels Charade! I hear there’s a new Beignet place at DTD! My friend was at DL today. Beignet Express.

Had haircut today then went to Apple at the mall with my daughter. Picked up the MagSafe battery pack. I figure it will be handy for travel. Or hospital.
Got some bad news, I had breast cancer 27 yrs ago, and now in other side. I’m waiting for surgeon appt. I went into my Dr office yesterday to ask why I haven’t gotten appt yet with surgeon. It’s been a week. Receptionist gave me surgeons number to call so I did. I was biting my tongue thinking to myself shouldn’t you be phoning, ugh. And yes, surgeons office wants my doctors office to phone. Anyway I phoned and they’re waiting for my dr’s office to send the requested records. I understand the records are from 27yrs ago but they have to dig them out! Sheesh. I phoned again today to follow up on if they were able to do it. i think I’ve shaken things up lol, because later today I got a call from office manager I think. She gave me a bit of attitude but I held firm and said I’m not getting between 2 offices on who should be doing what. Not my job. And I know referring physician is the one who’s supposed to forward the records. Grrrr. I should have appt next week with surgeon if she gets the records!

Oh Sue, hope your surgery goes well. Scary with your cancer diagnosis you had earlier. Sending your good thoughts. And I don’t blame you. That should have been the doctor office’s job to set up your appointment with the surgeon. I’d be very annoyed too. Our bad air alert was from the smoke of the Alberta forest fires, as Gulf Stream sent that smoke over my area today. Yay, also had my salon visit today. Legally blonde once again. And already made next appointment right before 4th of July. Like getting first dibbs on next month’s appointment time. I tend to like to come at same time every time.

Commuting time tomorrow, so early bedtime for me. Hoping the afternoon traffic won’t be as bad as last Thursday’s was.

Hope all have a good night. Heat is here. As 90 tomorrow. Thinking of wearing a summer kinda dress. Not sure how cold the office will feel.

Tea for the evening.

Hey all, it’s hot-hot-hot. after the mr’s dr appt today, spent afternoon cleaning out another closet. i think the clothing is breeding when the doors are closed.

Shout out to Mac
And had a wine delivery......Tom "forgot" it was coming today
I’ve heard wine helps you to forget lol
With our HCA's taking leave of abscences, off because of work injuries, or vacation blocks....this past week has been a friggin nightmare to make sure all our clients get their care
It’s an issue in general here finding reliable workers. Nobody seemingly wants to stay in that field any longer. Especially the direct care aides. My ex MIL has gone thru a ton of them. While some could be due to her winning personality :rolleyes1 , the agency said it’s common. The newest one has lasted the longest, over a year. Only issue is she has taken to sunning herself in the backyard, for hours, when her physical work is done. Neighbors have commented on it. She’s supposed to be a companion. Jury is out on whether the family is going to mention it to her as they are afraid she will quit. Sadly, that says a lot
I’m putting myself on a purse ban!
453A98DF-0758-4BCF-BF9D-A81CDA581339.jpeg or not, lol. I’m planning on adopting Robbie’s method of donating them

Got some bad news, I had breast cancer 27 yrs ago, and now in other side. I’m waiting for surgeon appt. I went into my Dr office yesterday to ask why I haven’t gotten appt yet with surgeon. It’s been a week. Receptionist gave me surgeons number to call so I did. I was biting my tongue thinking to myself shouldn’t you be phoning,
oh dear, surely nothing anyone every wants to hear, sorry. How frustrating for the delay. :hug: wishing you a quick resolution.

Good evening. We are in Charlotte, NC. Our flight to CA leaves tomorrow afternoon.

I just received good news. My degree has been conferred. I am now officially graduated. Now I just have to wait for the university to send me my diploma.

He is having a great year! Hopefully he's able to keep it up.
I would love to see him win the cup this year.

I love lemon too!!! Anything lemon I usually like....
Lemon is my second favorite dessert flavor next to chocolate.

Ugh...that sounds like my homecare job - only it is schedules for 50+ health care aids :rotfl:

With our HCA's taking leave of abscences, off because of work injuries, or vacation blocks....this past week has been a friggin nightmare to make sure all our clients get their care
We have clients that keep cancelling. I ran out of time left a few time slots empty. The therapists are going to have to try to fill them.

Got some bad news, I had breast cancer 27 yrs ago, and now in other side. I’m waiting for surgeon appt. I went into my Dr office yesterday to ask why I haven’t gotten appt yet with surgeon. It’s been a week. Receptionist gave me surgeons number to call so I did. I was biting my tongue thinking to myself shouldn’t you be phoning, ugh. And yes, surgeons office wants my doctors office to phone. Anyway I phoned and they’re waiting for my dr’s office to send the requested records. I understand the records are from 27yrs ago but they have to dig them out! Sheesh. I phoned again today to follow up on if they were able to do it. i think I’ve shaken things up lol, because later today I got a call from office manager I think. She gave me a bit of attitude but I held firm and said I’m not getting between 2 offices on who should be doing what. Not my job. And I know referring physician is the one who’s supposed to forward the records. Grrrr. I should have appt next week with surgeon if she gets the records!
How incredibly frustrating. I hope your doctors can get their acts together and you get your surgery scheduled soon. I pray that all goes well.

I just learned that we will be at DL on National Churro Day. We may have to indulge.

Quiet afternoon here. Struggling to stay awake to be honest :laughing:

Watching some youtube and shredding paper is my afternoon.

With our HCA's taking leave of abscences, off because of work injuries, or vacation blocks....this past week has been a friggin nightmare to make sure all our clients get their care :scared1:. Honestly, Monday when I picked up a sick for a sick co-worker and came into a nightmare, I was ready to tell a manager to come down and deal with all the clients left that needed care because they have let too many people take vacation days/personal leave days on short notice. I was soooooooooo done. But I got most of them figured out.

OOOO that sounds delightful. My family doesn't like lemon desserts much - so it's not something I get to eat often, but do enjoy.

Well. back to see what else I can find to watch and shred some more.

Lemon desserts are my favourite, Tom will eat certain lemon desserts, he loves lemon posset or syllabub when I make them as they`re quite light, but would opt for chocolate every time if there was another option.

I watched youtube for the first time in ages a few days ago, someone sent me a link about a cute puppy video from someone she knows......of course then you get drawn in with all the other videos popping up.....I could have been there for hours!!

@Robo56 glad nothing was broken. I dropped a cutting board years ago on my toes and have permanent nail bed damage on my big toe. Always grows in ingrown. I had the surgery for it years ago but to go every 8 weeks to podiatrist.

@keishashadow i agree with bagels! My guilty pleasure is going to Florida and getting fresh bagels from The Brooklyn Bagel Company. So good. I can’t get any good bagels here!
I have a ton of VB crossbody and the teardrop ones! I have too many purses. I’m putting myself on a purse ban!

@Charade glad Caspian is feeling better. Giving meds to animals is difficult at best. I have tried hiding pills in hotdogs and those dogs find it and spit pill out.
Hope you get the tire situation sorted out.

@schumigirl glad you found good car rental rates! They have been brutal.

@Lynne G too early for local corn here but we did find some imported corn at a re asonable sale price. So we got some. Love it with butter and salt yum. and maybe a little Tahine.

@macraven im so sorry to hear about your brother :hug:

@Pumpkin1172 glad to hear the rain helped the fires. So terrible, and early in the season. That chicken cobbler sounds good!

Thanks everyone for the Birthday Greetings and Happy birthday to Mr Keisha! Yay another Gemini!
Cooled down here today. DH walking around fretting about what to wear for golf.:woohoo:Safe travels Charade! I hear there’s a new Beignet place at DTD! My friend was at DL today. Beignet Express.

Had haircut today then went to Apple at the mall with my daughter. Picked up the MagSafe battery pack. I figure it will be handy for travel. Or hospital.

After covid when we could travel again, one of our quotes for car rental was over $4,000....completely ridiculous, but they seem to be getting much better now.

Good luck with the appointment, it`s frustrating when one doesn`t knwo what the other is doing and vice versa, how hard is it for them to communicate.

Hey all, it’s hot-hot-hot. after the mr’s dr appt today, spent afternoon cleaning out another closet. i think the clothing is breeding when the doors are closed.

Shout out to Mac

I’ve heard wine helps you to forget lol

It’s an issue in general here finding reliable workers. Nobody seemingly wants to stay in that field any longer. Especially the direct care aides. My ex MIL has gone thru a ton of them. While some could be due to her winning personality :rolleyes1 , the agency said it’s common. The newest one has lasted the longest, over a year. Only issue is she has taken to sunning herself in the backyard, for hours, when her physical work is done. Neighbors have commented on it. She’s supposed to be a companion. Jury is out on whether the family is going to mention it to her as they are afraid she will quit. Sadly, that says a lot

View attachment 764463 or not, lol. I’m planning on adopting Robbie’s method of donating them

oh dear, surely nothing anyone every wants to hear, sorry. How frustrating for the delay. :hug: wishing you a quick resolution.

lol....I think it does for sure!!! Wouldn`t mind but there wasn`t a single bottle of Argentinian Malbec that I had asked for......he forgot to add that to the case! But, shouldn`t complain as they are all lovely wines.....

Our charity stores are always happy to take bags too along with anything we donate, although I almost donated a gorgeous Marni bag I have in error once, I was distracted and thought it was a day to day bag, at the last minute it caught my eye and I grabbed it like a favourite puppy!!! There would have been tears.

Nice way to spend the afternoon.......

Good evening. We are in Charlotte, NC. Our flight to CA leaves tomorrow afternoon.

I just received good news. My degree has been conferred. I am now officially graduated. Now I just have to wait for the university to send me my diploma.

I would love to see him win the cup this year.

Lemon is my second favorite dessert flavor next to chocolate.

We have clients that keep cancelling. I ran out of time left a few time slots empty. The therapists are going to have to try to fill them.

How incredibly frustrating. I hope your doctors can get their acts together and you get your surgery scheduled soon. I pray that all goes well.

I just learned that we will be at DL on National Churro Day. We may have to indulge.

They send you the Diploma? Did they give you a fake one for the Graduation pictures?

Have a nice flight day.

Another grey start for us, felt very cool all day yesterday apart from some glimpses of sunshine now and again.

Today is grocery shopping and I think we`re out for lunch with some friends, none of us could make it yesterday so today it is, will be nice as it`s been about 5 weeks since we all met up together. I doubt we`ll be sitting outside basking in sunshine at the restaurant, but it`ll still be lovely.

And not much else going on, need to arrange to see a friend next week if I can, another I haven`t seen for a while and she only lives about 20 minutes away from me, no excuses there but we always seem to be busy or miss each other.

Toast with marmalade for me this morning and shouldn`t need dinner tonight so will have a snack later if we need it. But for now, my favourite non alcoholic drink.....tea, very British drink or so I`m told.

mac......still thinking of you, but you know that already. You know we wish you strength and faith to get through this heartbreaking time.

i-jx8w8qN-M.jpg

i-smell-a-promotion

Happy Thursday

They send you the Diploma? Did they give you a fake one for the Graduation pictures?
They gave us a rolled up paper that was actually a very nice letter from the outgoing interim university president. Our graduates have to go through a conferral process where our classes are audited to make sure each student has completed all requirements for their degree. They also check to see if we still owe any money. Once the degree has been conferred they will mail the actual diploma. I have already purchased frames.

It is way too early for me to be awake. I hope I can get back to sleep.

Yay, Charade in the town ready for her flight today. Hope you did get some shuteye, after your early post. Safe travels and enjoy park fun. Yep, and little one had a fake paper, and has to download her diploma, and then we’ll print it and frame it. I too have her frame ready to go. Congratulations on your graduation.

Ah that up early I am too, a little before Charade. Love that early morning commute. Cool and mostly quiet. Hehe, saw a car in front of me get ready to go at the red light, but I knew he wasn’t getting ready to go straight as I was. City bus was next to me in the turn lane. Yep, he was faster starting up than the City bus, and got in front of it, as the light changed to green. Least left me first to then travel to go through the gate to the parking lot. Always quiet in my office. Not many are early risers. But where I work and in the building I’m in, there are others like me. Even in the early hour I come in, I’m usually not the only car entering with me.

And like Keisha, hot hot hot today and tomorrow. Though the clear sky leaves this hour at 56 degrees, but it feels refreshing. No jacket needed. Office feels a little cool, but I have my tea. Will be 88 degrees on my ride home. Yeah you know, the time of year, even the car AC is used at times. Did crack windows and put my sun shade inside the front window. Just like the steering wheel is so cold, you don’t want to grip it, when it’s scorching hot, not fun either. No cover anywhere in my parking lots. Well, maybe once the sun passes past the building to create a shadow of shade.

A very good morning to you all. A day when it’s hot, or not, to enjoy a beverage, and raise that large wine glass, bottle, cup or mug, to say, it’s Thirsty Thursday. Which deserves a woot. Not only is today the start of Charade’s fabulous park fun trip, it means tomorrow is Friday. Woot!

Yep, and little one had a fake paper, and has to download her diploma, and then we’ll print it and frame it.
The university doesn’t print and mail the diplomas? I guess in this electronic age a digital one makes sense.

We will be heading for the airport soon. They have already changed our departure gate twice. Speaking if changes - my flight to Orlando just got changed from a 2:00 departure to an 11:00 departure. I’m not happy about that. I am leaving from Richmond which is a 2 hour drive from my house. I looked at later flights, but they all get into Orlando later than I want.

Haven’t seen any changes to my September fights. But still salty that the only direct flights that arrival day was mid afternoon or late night. So I won’t be arriving until dinner time. Sigh.

Yep, Charade, guess the university is saving on printing costs. No matter. I don’t mind printing it out.

Busy day in the office. Not complaining, as does make day go by faster. I think anyway.

Safe travel today, Charade. Hope no traffic to the airport.

They gave us a rolled up paper that was actually a very nice letter from the outgoing interim university president. Our graduates have to go through a conferral process where our classes are audited to make sure each student has completed all requirements for their degree. They also check to see if we still owe any money. Once the degree has been conferred they will mail the actual diploma. I have already purchased frames.

It is way too early for me to be awake. I hope I can get back to sleep.

I`ve never heard of that before, but I guess it works.

Kyle had his full diploma on the day and it is a beautiful heavy embossed paper which looks gorgeous in the frame with his Graduation picture, very professional and well finished. It only seems like yesterday we had that day and got such beautiful pictures!

Hope you got back to sleep.....so your flight now leaves earlier??

We just got back in from a lovely lunch with 6 other friends in one of the seafront pubs that does amazing food, we are full to bursting right now and definitely won`t need snacks tonight.

We all shared Tapas style appetisers so we all got a good selection, I got the squid all to myself as not one of the others like it......lol......tentacles and all!!! Mix of steaks and chicken dishes for all of us and the do the best triple fried chips...gorgeous. We had a short walk along the promenade after we ate, it wasn`t the warmest of days but it was nice all the same, we had a lot of laughs too.

Now, slothing.......rest of the day will absolutely be a lazy one.......found a Netflix show called The Politician....will give it a try!

Might make room for some tea of course......

Good Thursday morning Sans family :wave2:

IMG_1338.gif

IMG_0891.jpeg

Happy trails to Charade and family. Have a wonderful trip to California.

IMG_1429.jpeg

IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

Have a lovely time with the little guy, it`s always special to be with the little ones.
We had a such a nice visit. We did a little shopping and he had the whole play area in the Mall to himself. Of course we had to stop for a soft pretzel. He loves the pretzels from Ben‘s Soft Pretzels.

Hope you`re doing better and things are good health wise too.
Foot is doing some better bruising has spread into my toes. I saw the GI doc yesterday and we are changing up things with the meds. It‘s a process.

Robo, have fun with little J this morning.
I had a nice time with my little buddy.

Enjoy your day with Little Jude!
I had a great time with little Jude. It is so special being around him. He is such a sweet little fella.

Then back to her place to help with the curtains. She now has a torn rotator cuff on the right, and already had one on the left shoulder:( She got a shot of cortisone in it. It's so sad that she is too old to have surgery and there is nothing they can do but the shots. For now, they are working. She is a trouper!
I’am sorry to hear about your moms rotator cuff. Those can be so painful. I’am glad the shots are working for her.

glad nothing was broken. I dropped a cutting board years ago on my toes and have permanent nail bed damage on my big toe. Always grows in ingrown. I had the surgery for it years ago but didn’t work. So have to go every 8 weeks to podiatrist.

Those cutting boards are heavy. Sorry to hear you were left with continued issues with your toe.

I‘am sorry to hear of your breast cancer reoccurrence. I know this has to be frightening for you. Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way:hug:

Sadly you have to be your best advocate with making sure everyone is doing their jobs now in the health industry with your appts. Things have changed so much. I remember back in he day when you left your doctors office all the referrals would be called and everyone was on the ball with appts etc.

For instance i had my GI appt yesterday. The doc changed up the med routine and said i want to see you in 6 weeks. Then I go out to the desk to check out and they tell me the next available appt with him is in October. I could see his NP in July. I told the desk secretary to go back to the office and talk to him. I just walked out the door from my appt with him. She did and came back and gave me appt with him 6 weeks out as he ordered. There seems be a nonchalant communication issue between the front office staff and the MD’s and NP’s.

Praying you get all your referrals and things run smoothly for you.

adopting Robbie’s method of donating them
I loved this Oprah picture.
IMG_1427.jpeg

Yes, you aways have to make room for future bag purchases.

After covid when we could travel again, one of our quotes for car rental was over $4,000....completely ridiculous, but they seem to be getting much better now.
I think that would be the time to tell them you wanted to rent a car not buy it LOL……I would have fell off my chair on that one.

Car rental prices have really gone up for sure in past couple of years. I have done a better job of shopping around for them when needed. Janet sharing the Autoslash site was very helpful.

Mac sending continued prayers and good thoughts your way:hug:

I made a big pan of lasagna, meatballs, garlic bread and a pineapple upside down cake for dessert yesterday evening. Son and daughter in law, grandson and Granddaughter and her hubby came over for dinner. It was so good to see everyone. Sent home some leftovers home with them.

Going to have lunch out with daughter in law today. She is work off today. I sent her some possible places to choose from. I was going to take her to Farmer and Frenchman in Henderson, but we had Italian last night and that is their specialty. Thought we needed something different.

Hope all our missing Sans family members are doing well. Shout out to Tink, MonyK, Patty and many more.

IMG_1435.jpeg

IMG_1436.jpeg

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

IMG_1433.jpeg

@Lynne G thanks for your good wishes. Yes, always feel better after salon visit! Had 2” trimmed off.
You‘ll have to ask Pumpkin to stop blowing the smoke your way! Ack 90! So early to get those temps.

@keishashadow love the Oprah meme! It’s difficult with aides. I had my mom signed up with an agency in Florida. And they’d phone me with a problem! Sheesh. I’m across the country on the west coast of Canada, what do you want me to do I’d ask them. I had to fire one agency.
I need to tackle my closet! I’m sure your right, they do breed!

@Charade67 :woohoo:congrats on graduation! And have fun at DL:smickey: where are you staying? I may have mentioned last time, there’s a Pizza Press a short walk from gate in front of The Anaheim Hotel. Love their pizza. Oh yes, you’ll def have to have Churros! Lol.
Yeah, it’s my Drs receptionist! I understand the records requested were from 1997 and probably in archives, but go dig! I think I shook the tree after going in to speak with them and a follow up phone call yesterday where I got a phone call from office manager. I guess she’s on it now!
My daughter graduated during Covid. The college sent her degree by mail in a box, degree in a nice case, with grad cap, balloons and small box of chocolates!

@schumigirl yes apparently quite difficult this communicating! Ah yes! Being sucked into the Utube black hole so easy! I find it quite handy when I want to learn how to do or fix something.
I was transfering out winter clothing in dresser for summer and ended up with a bag full of stuff for donations. Now have to tackle closet ::yes::

@Robo56 So right, these days you have to be your own advocate. Making sure everything is done. Glad you stood your ground at GI office. These young receptionists just seem like they aren’t well trained.
Your dinner sounds great. I love lasagna! I can tell you MonyK is doing well! We had a lovely visit when she was up in my area!

:thanks: Everyone for your good wishes. A quiet day today. Have an appt with my massage therapist and that’s all on my schedule. Probably a dog walk after dinner with a friend. It’s funny, I’m sure our dogs can hear who’s on the phone because they get all excited and know it’s walkies time!
Beautiful sunny day today. May have to put together my hammock stand.

congrats on graduation! And have fun at DL:smickey: where are you staying? I may have mentioned last time, there’s a Pizza Press a short walk from gate in front of The Anaheim Hotel. Love their pizza. Oh yes, you’ll def have to have Churros! Lol.
We are actually staying at the Anaheim Hotel. I usually don’t get churros, but may make an exception this time. They have some interesting flavors for churro day.

I am currently sitting at my gate, but my flight doesn’t leave until 1:23. We go here early so we could get something to eat. Getting through security didn’t take as long as we expected.

Glad security wasn’t as long as thought, Charade. Hope your flight is on time and goes fast. Always fast home, as Gulf Stream helps when you are going East.

Hehe, Sue, when ever the word walk was said in our house when we had dogs, they’d be ready and excited. Hope you are more relaxed after your appointment today.

Woot! Checked my airfare, and fare back went down by $20. Used $40 drop when we booked our flights in May. Keep those drops coming. Rental is down, but could be lower. But did get my hotel at the cheapest I have seen so far, booked last April. I keep checking though. Saving money always good in my book.

After my lunchtime walk, saw someone bought some bagels with tubs of cream cheese and left on office kitchen. Good thing we have a toaster in our office. I like mine toasted. Easy lunch? Fine with me.

Ooh it’s getting warm out. Not so much inside, thankfully.

I think almost time to bring out the Summer clothes. Have my bathing suit ready. Told little one to put the beach towels in our beach bag. Won’t swim in the ocean though. This time of year, our Atlantic beach has sea water temp of 61 degrees right now. At least will get our feet wet. With the weather so nice, should be a great day at the beach tomorrow. And yum, fresh made caramel popcorn to get. Last time, was still warm, as saw them dump the huge steaming pot of freshly made popcorn right before we ordered. Washed our plastic tub for a discount fill up this time, as don’t need to buy with tub this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter