Something About Nothing............ #14

take out for your dinner?
Awesome …
You are my people.

lol....we do love our takeout now and again don`t we!

Decided on Thai.....

It's the Friday Dance :cheer2:

There are not many papers or files on my desk today. Hopefully it will be a little quieter. I could use a slower day.

It's a cold morning, but it seems to be warming up - and the sun is shinning bright! We will be back up to mild temps again by tonight! Our little dip down was cold, but not the yucky cold. I will be glad to put the big gun coat back into the closet and pull out the lighter one to wear.

That sounds like more fun than the math class.
Are you guys planning to go to any nascar races in 2023? I'm trying to get hubby to decide which one he wants to go to. Then when the black friday sales come up for flights with our preferred carrier - I'll book it! This carrier usually has some good sales - or I'll just keep watching flight prices and sales for them.

OOOOOOO those are amazing!!!! DD had those in her old house they just moved from. They were amazing to cook on! So much quicker and faster for many things. That's what dh wants when we replace ours. We are already pricing out a set - stove/oven. Enjoy that new toy!!!!!

Sounds like a perfect day and weekend!!!!

I would love to visit a Hobby Lobby!!! They look amazing! It is nice to see the stores with stock of chirstmas items. Last year, there was not nearly enough around, so I think people are buying because there was a shortage last year. Our seasonal section at HomeSense, has been really picked over in the last 2 weeks. We have had a ton of stock go through and our shelves were full all of October with stock always coming in to fill what was going out the door, but it has slowed down now. It is getting harder and harder to make beautiful displays with what is left.
Squishmallows are hugely popular here too! They are super cute and another fab/collectable.

Well, I should get started working on the pile of papers in front of me and do my daily paper shuffle.

Have a great day everyone!

Milder temps are good! At least the sun is shining for you.....

It`s a replacement Induction, so yes, I agree, they are marvellous, very fast at cooking most things. I can`t play with it till the electrician comes to fit it....it`s slighty bigger than the previous one, so some of the granite worktop will have to be cut and we`ll leave that to the experts! Might need to replace that whole section....hopefully not!

Have a good day......

Going through the Thai restaurant menu to see what we want now......yum!

Robo, I found the cheapest smashmellows at Costco. Little one, no matter how old she is, got a good sized cow one there. We have their store in our biggest mall. Did pick up a 12 pack of little ones at Costco and my young nieces and nephew love them when we face them last year.

cv79-Th.jpg

Yep, cosy night in jammies with a nice bottle of wine.......one of the nicer things about the darker nights

Thai food was delicious, and we didn`t order too much tonight, so not a lot was wasted, they did send a free extra shrimp appetiser which wasn`t needed, but we tasted a little of it and it was nice.

Put the tv on about an hour ago, watching some old Taggart again.....might have an early night though......😴

Sweet dreams to all !

Hope you slept well too mac.......

Woke to more rain this morning, not sure when it`s going to stop!

We did plan to walk into the village this morning, but doesn`t look likely right now, will see if it changes then we`ll head out, not that we really need anything, but feel like a walk.

Off out to dinner tonight, our favourite pub which we tend to go to once a month on a Saturday night, regular booking there for us, so another no cooking night. Always love getting ready for a night out......make up, hair.....glass of wine.....lol......

Doing a little brunch for us this morning later, Tom is having a late sleep, so I`ve had my pot of tea all to myself, but will do Eggs Benedict for sleeping Beauty and a little selection of croissants, bacon, breakfast muffins, fruit, preserves and lots and lots of tea.

Will be trying to avoid all this football nonsense in the coming weeks.....we have no interest in football at the best of times and usually we might watch the odd World cup game particularly if it`s Germany or Brazil.....but not this one, we`ll be avoiding it for sure, but it`s everywhere.

i-3hTbZ78-S.jpg

cv71-S.jpg

cv16-S.jpg

Have the best weekend!!!​

Hey all. It’s been a really scary week for me. middle DS has health issues, scheduled for surgery 3rd week in December. Plan is to take him to Orlando the week before to get him a well-needed boost of cheer.

has been feeling really poorly for nearly a month to point where I took to ER thrice. They found some minor issues, treated; yet soon sick again. Last Saturday his oxygen level dropped to such a low level, i thought the meter was broken Called ambulance and he was transported to different hospital as our health system had a four hour stop on patients. The flu & rsv is terrible here.

turns out he had both bacterial pneunomia & a blood infection from it. Was in hospital for 6 days. have him here now, watching like a hawk. Dr feels another two weeks before he fully rebounds.

I feel a good ten years older but, blessed that they caught it in time.

Just discovered I’ve lost a treasured earring
That is such a sinking feeling, sorry
Have just ordered a new tree for the lounge from Balsam Hill
Just had my new one delivered an hour ago…two days early woot! I’m thrilled with it. Also a bit narrower but so thick and lush, cashmere sort. the mr couldn’t wait to put it up lol.
Kev has tested positive for Covid.
Oh No, speedy recovery to him
put out an SOS to a good friend who lives in Michigan to pick up some children's pain reliever. There is a huge shortage here, and we haven't been able to get our hands on a bottle since Aug. I found some in Aug, and only took 1 - to leave for others to get a little too
Had no idea, disturbing to read you have that situation. Do you think people are hoarding?
Thanks. I did well in math in high school, but that was a long time ago. I feel like I am relearning everything.
Just like a bicycle :tongue:
I used to take our son and the grandchildren to see the Nutcracker Ballet every year. Haven’t done that for many moons
Same, from the time they were 3, off we went. Such fun to dress up and do lunch at fancy restaurant in town with them. we all loved it until the PBT decided to ‘mess with it’ and modernize it & set it in our city. Haven’t been back since. Disappointing, do watch it on PBS every year tho At least.

Thanks Mac. Sweet dreams and a good night’s sleep I had last night.

Snuggled in a throw, as 27 degrees out. Was a glorious sunny start, and a full day of sun we had. And yeah, that’s not a typo. We are 5 degrees below freezing right now.

Super Sized Saturday hope all have been having.

Hehe. Was cold enough last night, heated up the oven. Dinner was all from the oven. Tater tots, french fries, breaded chicken breasts, burgers, bacon, and chocolate chip cookies. Did use the stove top and melted all the leftover cheese pieces I could find in the refrigerator, so with some milk and seasoning, cheese sauce to use. That, and a salad. Full we were.

Today? Has been a lazy Saturday. Why yes it was.

On a when it rains it pours. That car tire had a nail in the side wall. Ugh. My car now has four new tires. With AWD, and the fact my tires were almost 4 years old, yes, so need for all to be new. Sigh. That and house heater needs more parts than I expected, and they are still not in, but when they finally get heat for my house. Will be much happier. Sigh. Guess my Christmas presents came early.

Sunny and cool feeling day. I’ll take it. Ugh, poor the city of Buffalo. Patti probably got about 5 or more feet of snow this weekend. It was more than cold enough last night that we had a very very light dusting of snow. No no no no. I’m not ready for snow. ☀️? Yes.

Oh Keisha, so scary health issues! Sending lots of well wish mummy dust across the state to you. Yes. A holiday trip before undergoing the knife, good for happy holiday spirits.

Good evening. Tea. :coffee:

Good evening everyone. It was a football game day today. Unfortunately our team lost.....by one point. Ugh. I was cold at the game. I think I need to invest in an inexpensive coat about a size larger than what I need. I want to have room to wear layers.

DH and our friend installed the new ceiling fan last night. I finally have decent light in my study area. Yay!

B's roommate saga continues. She told us today that she is losing her current roommate. She won't be returning after Thanksgiving break. So for those of you following along:

Year 1 - They made it to spring break then everyone got sent home for the rest of the year due to the Covid outbreak.
Year 2 - Her roommate graduated at the end of fall semester and she did not get a replacement for spring.
Year 3 - She had a freshman roommate who decided she wasn't ready for college and did not return after fall semester. She did not get a replacement roommate.
Year 4 - First roommate lasted a few weeks and then decided that she wanted to move to a dorm on the other side of campus to be closer to her job. Second roommate is not returning due to some rather serious health issues. We don't know if she will get a new roommate for spring semester.

I swear she has a roommate curse. I asked B if Voldemort ever waned to be her roommate.

we are watching Elf on tv now

I`ve never seen that movie.......I know......I`m a huge Christmas movie fan, but I`m not a Will Ferrell fan at all, if he`s in a movie I avoid it.
Elf is a fun, cute movie. You might like it despite Will Ferrell. I saw it for the first time when I was stuck in the hospital with my kidney stone issues. It was a nice distraction.

Have any of you ever heard of Squishmallow‘s. I
I have a knock off version of one a friend gave me. They seem to be really popular this year.

That sounds like more fun than the math class.
Not really. Lots of dull reading followed by writing essays. I feel like this sub-term will never end. I'm almost halfway through.

Are you guys planning to go to any nascar races in 2023?

Hey all. It’s been a really scary week for me. middle DS has health issues, scheduled for surgery 3rd week in December.

turns out he had both bacterial pneunomia & a blood infection from it. Was in hospital for 6 days. have him here now, watching like a hawk. Dr feels another two weeks before he fully rebounds.
How awful for him. I am so glad he was able to get the correct diagnosis and can now go forward with treatment.

On a when it rains it pours. That car tire had a nail in the side wall. Ugh. My car now has four new tires. With AWD, and the fact my tires were almost 4 years old, yes, so need for all to be new. Sigh. That and house heater needs more parts than I expected, and they are still not in, but when they finally get heat for my house. Will be much happier. Sigh. Guess my Christmas presents came early.
Ugh. Repairs are never good, but especially annoying this close to the holidays.

I have procrastinated long enough. I have an essay to finish.

Just realized I didn’t answer Pumpkin’s NASCAR question. Right now we don’t have any plans to attend a race next year, but that could change. I don’t think we will go anywhere before graduation.

I submitted my essay, so now I am done with week 4.

CAC6F226-39D4-4517-B480-56F88F10BA3D.jpeg

keisha…what you shared with us is very scary stuff
In my prayers that all will go well for your son

and a complete healing for him

Been a long nice day for us having two sons with us.
My how I have missed them

grand son wanted to sleep with me and how could I say no to him

He finally went to sleep but is in the middle of the bed and I will try a bit later to scoot him over a few inches so I can sleep in the bed too

Too cold in our area but temps will be decent day later
I am not ready for cold weather

Good night to all !

Not much longer and charade is closer to finishing school
We need an ice cream party to help her celebrate.

Hey all. It’s been a really scary week for me. middle DS has health issues, scheduled for surgery 3rd week in December. Plan is to take him to Orlando the week before to get him a well-needed boost of cheer.

has been feeling really poorly for nearly a month to point where I took to ER thrice. They found some minor issues, treated; yet soon sick again. Last Saturday his oxygen level dropped to such a low level, i thought the meter was broken Called ambulance and he was transported to different hospital as our health system had a four hour stop on patients. The flu & rsv is terrible here.

I feel a good ten years older but, blessed that they caught it in time.

That is such a sinking feeling, sorry

Just had my new one delivered an hour ago…two days early woot! I’m thrilled with it. Also a bit narrower but so thick and lush, cashmere sort. the mr couldn’t wait to put it up lol.

Oh No, speedy recovery to him

Had no idea, disturbing to read you have that situation. Do you think people are hoarding?

Just like a bicycle :tongue:

Same, from the time they were 3, off we went. Such fun to dress up and do lunch at fancy restaurant in town with them. we all loved it until the PBT decided to ‘mess with it’ and modernize it & set it in our city. Haven’t been back since. Disappointing, do watch it on PBS every year tho At least.

It`s been such a scary time for you going through all of this with your boy. but, since he`s been home with you I know he`ll improve quickly. And you know you have continued good wishes for him to get better......and the trip sounds fabulous, that will give you all a much needed boost being back down there.

I found your last email in Spam?????? Not sure how that happened, found one from my cousin in NY there too yesterday....odd. Marked you both definitely NOT spam.....lol......

Kyle was never a fan of The Nutcracker and I did plan to take my friend`s granddaughter to see it this year if there was one on, but her mum said she saw a tv version and did not like it one bit.....oh dear!

Love the sound of the new tree!!

Good evening everyone. It was a football game day today. Unfortunately our team lost.....by one point. Ugh. I was cold at the game. I think I need to invest in an inexpensive coat about a size larger than what I need. I want to have room to wear layers.

DH and our friend installed the new ceiling fan last night. I finally have decent light in my study area. Yay!

B's roommate saga continues. She told us today that she is losing her current roommate. She won't be returning after Thanksgiving break. So for those of you following along:

Year 1 - They made it to spring break then everyone got sent home for the rest of the year due to the Covid outbreak.
Year 2 - Her roommate graduated at the end of fall semester and she did not get a replacement for spring.
Year 3 - She had a freshman roommate who decided she wasn't ready for college and did not return after fall semester. She did not get a replacement roommate.
Year 4 - First roommate lasted a few weeks and then decided that she wanted to move to a dorm on the other side of campus to be closer to her job. Second roommate is not returning due to some rather serious health issues. We don't know if she will get a new roommate for spring semester.

I swear she has a roommate curse. I asked B if Voldemort ever waned to be her roommate.

Elf is a fun, cute movie. You might like it despite Will Ferrell. I saw it for the first time when I was stuck in the hospital with my kidney stone issues. It was a nice distraction.

I have a knock off version of one a friend gave me. They seem to be really popular this year.

Not really. Lots of dull reading followed by writing essays. I feel like this sub-term will never end. I'm almost halfway through.

How awful for him. I am so glad he was able to get the correct diagnosis and can now go forward with treatment.

Ugh. Repairs are never good, but especially annoying this close to the holidays.

I have procrastinated long enough. I have an essay to finish.

That has been a saga with the roommate for your daughter.

I might have to give Elf a chance, it`s being heavily promoted here as they have Elf as part of the gorcery store Asda`s Christmas tv ad campaign this year.

Hope you got the essay done.

keisha…what you shared with us is very scary stuff
In my prayers that all will go well for your son

and a complete healing for him

Been a long nice day for us having two sons with us.
My how I have missed them

grand son wanted to sleep with me and how could I say no to him

He finally went to sleep but is in the middle of the bed and I will try a bit later to scoot him over a few inches so I can sleep in the bed too

Too cold in our area but temps will be decent day later
I am not ready for cold weather

Good night to all !

lol.....I knew he was going to end up in your bed, he does love to sleep with you when he sees you. Hope you managed to scoot him over a bit and get some sleep......cold here too mac and more rain.......lol, better than snow I`m sure.

Enjoy the rest of today......and yes an ice cream party sounds good to celebrate Charade!

Had a lovely night out last night.......I shouldn`t have had dessert, but they had a special of a white chocolate and Bailey`s cheesecake, four of us had that and it was beautiful, but quite filling. Food was amazing and already looking forward to our Christmas night out there in around a months time. It was a late night but a good one.

Up early this morning and put the tv on to make sure a movie was recording we wanted to see, noticed they were showing the movie of a book our book group read in the last year, The Light Between Oceans.......oh lordy, don`t have the energy for the movie of that one, amazing book but heartbreaking at the end. Won`t be watching that.

Raining right now, hoping it goes off soon although no plans to go out today, I cooked diced beef overnight in Ale, stock and usual herbs and spices, will do nicely for dinner today.

Lazy Sunday beckons and I have a new tea to try this morning, a new Darjeeling, sounds nice.

i-FVrkD5N-S.png

cv72-S.jpg

Happy Sunday ☺️

Ooh Sunday it is. Day we get the trash out to the curb, and alarm already set. Yay for a short 3 day week day routine, this week.

Ack to roommate issues for B, Charade. Guess little one was lucky, she said her and her roommate seemed to be the only perfect match on the whole floor. They got along so well, before they were kicked out of the dorms, and little one has been online since, and roommate moved back home in Florida.

Yeah, I’m up too early for sone reason. I guess because some of my joints ached so bad. Woke up to take a pee in the wee hours, and woke up with a bad headache. Took more medicine, and well here I am. Still feeling achy, but wide awake for sone time now. I know a nap may be in the cards today. Otherwise, earlier bedtime due to that routine I get most week days still.

So a Serene Sunday. Hope all get some relaxing in today.

Good morning.

Nope, Mac. But did enjoy a very long hot shower. Now waiting for older one to get up. Am feeling better. What was really aching was my right hip and knee. Don’t know what I did to my leg, but was so painful last night. I’m taking an easy today.

Tea and very quiet here. Guess all are busy this weekend before break for many for the Thanksgiving holiday this Thursday.

Yay for Mac having family visiting.

Oh Keisha what a worry for you all. Nothing worse than your children/grandchildren suffering - you just want to take it all away from them. Do hope things are improving and you will have some relief.

Schumi that movie upset us both. I always admit to being an emotional wreck and sometimes appreciate the opportunity for a good weep! Elf is always on our Christmas movie list but then with living with the littles we watch an awful lot of Christmas movies. One of my favourites is Christmas with the Kranks. I’ve already watched the Mrs Miracle movies and Poirot’s Christmas episodes.

Charade hope B can be settled and everything goes easier for her. Sharing can be a challenge.

Robo my eldest grandson always wanted to share with me on sleepovers before we lived together. Past that age now but always gravitates to our lounge in the evenings.

Kev is improved today. Up and showered and has eaten a meal tonight. Changed the bed again and will be back in it fairly early but much better.

Em and I took the children to Paddington Bear’s grotto at The Trafford Centre today (huge shopping mall). It was really well done and a proper Santa. Working it out almost 4 years since I’d last visited but worth it for them.

We have a very busy schedule this week so hoping Kev’s improvement continues.

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening.

Real, so glad to hear Kev on the mend. Continued well wishes to him. How fun to shop there with the grandkids.

Ooh had a good shopping trip with little one. Older one needed a belt, so we got him that, and a jacket for me, matching top and pants for both little one and me. We really like when REI does a sale, and mark downs. Then a Target run and done.

Chilling and thinking some soup and grilled cheese for dinner tonight.

My son and his family we dropped off at the airport
A short visit and wished they could have stayed longer

It’s not a long flight to Milwaukee but due to their jobs, they could only see us a short time period.

Other son will be leaving later
Walking Dead final show tonight.
Yea, I have been hooked on it from the start and need to see the ending of it

Have already read about the ending but want to see it on the tube

Happy Sunday evening. Not much going on here today. I spent most if the afternoon switching out the clothes in my closet. I took the opportunity to get rid of some of the things I don’t wear anymore.

I found my old laptop in the bottom of my closet. I think it is about 10-12 years old. I can’t believe how heavy it is compared to my current laptop. I need to take it somewhere to be recycled.
I also found my Squishmallow. I discovered it is a real one and not a knock off like I thought.

I’m up for that.
Ack to roommate issues for B, Charade. Guess little one was lucky, she said her and her roommate seemed to be the only perfect match on the whole floor. They got along so well, before they were kicked out of the dorms, and little one has been online since, and roommate moved back home in Florida.
It’s funny. She got along well with all of the roommates. Just a series of different events has left her without a roomie for the second half of each year.
Yeah, I’m up too early for sone reason. I guess because some of my joints ached so bad. Woke up to take a pee in the wee hours, and woke up with a bad headache. Took more medicine, and well here I am. Still feeling achy, but wide awake for sone time now. I know a nap may be in the cards today. Otherwise, earlier bedtime due to that routine I get most week days still.
I was going to say I hoped you started feeling better as the day went on, but then saw that you went shopping so I guess that means you did.
Kev is improved today. Up and showered and has eaten a meal tonight. Changed the bed again and will be back in it fairly early but much better.
Great news. Glad he is feeling better.
My son and his family we dropped off at the airport
A short visit and wished they could have stayed longer
Glad you got to spend some time with 2 of your boys even though it was brief.

Tonight I got the rest of the stuff I needed for Thanksgiving dinner. I’m bringing desserts again. Friday we are going to Busch Gardens with friends. They have never seen Christmastown. Right now the weather is showing rain for Friday. I really hope that changes.

Quick drop in Mac just to say my lovely Dad used to regularly visit Milwaukee from the UK as the business had a factory there. Also Rochester BY. Occasionally Boston. Was quite unusual when he first started going in the 60’s. Glad you got to spend time with your sons x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter