Something About Nothing ... #12

Hey all. Let the week before vacation madness ensue

Gotta hole in my roof where the rain comes in

Appears a critter (bear from the size of it sorta kidding) ripped a hole roof 6 x 12 inches

Must’ve been new as no water damage thru ceiling with all the torrential rain.

Nothing lurking around n attic phew but some fresh ahem leavings

Thanking God the me decided to randomly clean out gutters on Saturday when he spied it!

First one out to Mickey Mouse fix the hole with great reviews was the winner. Signing contract tomorrow. Oh happy day there goes at least 3 not yet planned vacations Shameful that’s the first thing I think of lol

only way I drink it. Bag of lemons and sugar syrup, easy peasy. Pour a cup & add a shot of vodka just because
Have it on DVC. Previews did look terrifying Hmmph
Enjoy the trip!

Yes! Section we pick too. Always try to snag corner rom for extra window there . Like it better than FQ. Seems more peaceful esp at pool

Last visit was really annoyed how early people set up camp to see him. Arrived over an hour early and not even SRO
Yikes! That’s a big hole. Actually there is currently a bear in our neighbourhood lately! Woke up this morning and bird feeder and tree limb it as hanging on was on the ground. Daughter was out on her AM run and ran into a neighbor who told her the bear knocked down a section of her fence.

The POR corner rooms are nice. My usual request is a room near Old Man Island foot bridge. I find it very peaceful too. And I prefer the satellite bus depots behind the buildings rather than main stop which gets crazy. But prices have gone insane. I can’t believe I got Universal RPH cheaper than price of POR!

Yikes! That’s a big hole. Actually there is currently a bear in our neighbourhood lately! Woke up this morning and bird feeder and tree limb it as hanging on was on the ground. Daughter was out on her AM run and ran into a neighbor who told her the bear knocked down a section of her fence.

The POR corner rooms are nice. My usual request is a room near Old Man Island foot bridge. I find it very peaceful too. And I prefer the satellite bus depots behind the buildings rather than main stop which gets crazy. But prices have gone insane. I can’t believe I got Universal RPH cheaper than price of POR!

We didn’t hear anything romping around in attic. Not sure what we’ve had done if we did lolololol.

Seriously, i’m still shocked seeing the all stars top $200 pre tax on many weekends. We’ve taken to doing a DTD hotel or one of the seaworld partner properties (often half the price of a value!) and do their parks a day.

Rarely does POR falll under any promotions either. Sounds like same area we pick, closest standards to the bridge lol. Usually wind up in the one way back thru the pretty garden, but close to parking at least.

Schumi say hi to Nessie for us! Safe travels.

Lynne cute dog meme!

Not much on the agenda today here. Another overcast day. Fires have started locally. It’s closed down a section of north bound highway up to Whistler. But south bound lanes open. They’ve made it on lane in each direction. Another hot, dry summer forecasted again.

Aquafit this morning. DH is golfing today in a tournament and a dinner is included. DD and I may get a pizza! No cooking tonight.

May go up to city hall and pay the yearly property tax. It’s due next week. Tomorrow the cable company is coming (who knows when) to replace my modem. Wednesday meeting a friend for lunch at a deli that had the best dill pickles ever! It’s worth the drive out, and she happens to live nearby the deli so 2 birds with 1 stone! So may as well get the taxes out of the way. It’s a long weekend here, July 1 is Canada Day.

Pumpkin - Hello. I don't think we have met yet.
I think you were on holidays in California when I first started posting...Nice to meet you too
New car is home and dry.
Very Sweet Wheels!!!! I could NEVER let my boys see that...I know it would be in the driveway in the blink of an eye. We are huge Avenger fans, Potter heads, all around action heros actually lol
Waiting for airfares to drop for next May-right now only through first half of month
Paris...how fun!!!! Someday...it's on my bucket list
We have a lake serpent too, Ogopolo! In Lake Okanagan.
OOOOO....We were hoping to see him when we did a houseboat vacation in 2006 starting from Sicamouse. My bil got married on lake Okanagan. It was one of the best holidays we have ever done. We would love to do another one, but heard about Waterways having to close their doors. Hopefully they can resurface and start operations again.
Also just heard about the first fires in your area starting again. Now that Alberta is finally starting to not be on fire...then up next...BC. Hopefully you don't have the fires you have had the past few years. I know here in the Peace Country...last summer was sooo smokey. My son spend many hours in the Er with his asthma from the smoke. I'll cross my fingers for all of you.

@schumigirl have a fantastic little holiday. It sounds absolutely heavenly. That is also on my bucket list

morning homjes
Monday’s always have slow starts for some of us
Even when I had a job, it was a day of slow motivation

I could have swore I sent this post out this morning....

Checked my mail and iPhone re-down loaded over 2000 emails
Some were back from 2000 about hhn
and others were from much older threads

Think it is time I replaced my iPhone

Pumpkin....is it my phone screwing up again or did I miss the end of your last message?

Just rechecked and has to be my phone

Hi everyone..... it is hot here but feels good. It got up to 101 at Aquatica today. It was our first time there and really enjoyed it. We were the first car in the parking lot. We stayed till about 2 30 then came back to the condo. We really like Vistana.

Tomorrow we are off to Bush Gardens and meeting up with family.

I hear my cats are good so yay!

Off to the pool will ttyl. Have a great Monday night.

Woot! Live report from Bobbie. Glad to hear made it there and enjoyed water park fun. I like Aquatica, Roa Rapids is one of my favorite thing there.

Mac, not sure it is your phone, as I cannot see what Pumpkin said other than the quotes she attached.

Keisha, eek, we had a squirrel get into our attic, we saw pieces of insulation on the ground outside our door. Look up, and hole in very corner of where our two roofs meet. We caught the squirrel, and my DH put new insulation in, chicken wire and more wood, then lucky, we had a pack of extra singles that we used to seal the roof again. That was a darn pain in you know what.

Sue, you sound busy. Pizza dinner sounded good. I ended up with chicken fingers baked from frozen ones, mashed taters, Mac and cheese and some carrots 🥕 steamed until just soft.

Now chilling, and can hear the AC still on. Yeah, it is still warm, and more muggy out.

And hehe, kids are worn out from working today. Guess early bedtime for all four of us.

Have a good night 💤

Hi Pumpkin! You’re from AB? Welcome! Yay I’m not the only Canadian now! Lol. The Okanagan is a beautiful area. Did a couple of girls trips there too, winery’s. I think late July going with Mr to Princeton to visit a friend and drive over to Keremeos for the fruit stands. They have lots of cherries.
There is lots of houseboat rentals I think? On Shuswap Lk.
Seems fire season is starting early. 2 yrs ago the smoke was so bad, and prolonged. I was never so glad to be flying to Florida. Pilot was funny, changing planes in SeaTac - the pilot on SeaTac flight gets on the intercom explaining we will be going thru smoke, and this time it isn’t imported from BC!
morning homjes
Monday’s always have slow starts for some of us
Even when I had a job, it was a day of slow motivation

I could have swore I sent this post out this morning....

Checked my mail and iPhone re-down loaded over 2000 emails
Some were back from 2000 about hhn
and others were from much older threads

Think it is time I replaced my iPhone
Yikes Mac! You’re having a lot of problems with that phone! How old is it? Maybe go to Apple Store if there’s one nearby and ask them.
Hi everyone..... it is hot here but feels good. It got up to 101 at Aquatica today. It was our first time there and really enjoyed it. We were the first car in the parking lot. We stayed till about 2 30 then came back to the condo. We really like Vistana.

It’s been a long time since we went to Aquatica but enjoyed it! I didn’t think we were going to be able to go, Tropical Storm Fay decided to stick around. That was back when you could get an Orlando Multi ticket. Ours included Universal, Aquatica and Seaworld Unlimited use for 2 weeks. The good old days! We got the Banana Cabana all day food. Enjoy Busch Gardens!
Woot! Live report from Bobbie. Glad to hear made it there and enjoyed water park fun. I like Aquatica, Roa Rapids is one of my favorite thing there.

Mac, not sure it is your phone, as I cannot see what Pumpkin said other than the quotes she attached.

Keisha, eek, we had a squirrel get into our attic, we saw pieces of insulation on the ground outside our door. Look up, and hole in very corner of where our two roofs meet. We caught the squirrel, and my DH put new insulation in, chicken wire and more wood, then lucky, we had a pack of extra singles that we used to seal the roof again. That was a darn pain in you know what.

Sue, you sound busy. Pizza dinner sounded good. I ended up with chicken fingers baked from frozen ones, mashed taters, Mac and cheese and some carrots 🥕 steamed until just soft.

Now chilling, and can hear the AC still on. Yeah, it is still warm, and more muggy out.

And hehe, kids are worn out from working today. Guess early bedtime for all four of us.

Have a good night 💤
Just finished up pizza! Not warm enough for AC here. Got the kid to bring up the portable unit from the basement but the last heat wave was over by the time she came over. No rush for the heat to return. Fire season has started. Hmmmm we never used to have a fire season:-(.
Your dinner sounds fun. Lots of selections!

Good evening. I am still feeling terrible. I really hope the procedure I will be having next Monday will improve things.

Another face palming day at work today. Someone called looking for a therapist for her teenage daughter and therapist 1 was recommended to her. Therapist 1 doesn’t see teenagers, so Therapist 1 suggested that I schedule her with therapist 3. Um....didn’t you get the memo? Therapist 3 is leaving at the end of this week.

Tonight we went out for supper. We were heading for one restaurant, but at the last minute B asked if we could go to our favorite Mexican restaurant instead. We had just finished eating and we were all playing with our phones when a man and woman approached our table and started asking us questions about our cell service. It seemed really strange at first, but then they started laughing and I realized that they were a couple that we knew back when we lived in Miami. I haven’t seen them in person since we left in 2003.They were visiting her brother who had recently relocated to our area. We talked briefly, but unfortunately they had to leave becasue they had other things planned for the evening.

MonyK - Awesome rate for the Grand Floridian. I have always wanted to stay there, but just can’t bring myself to pay the high rates. I think I would be okay with that price though.

Schumi - I hope you post pictures from Scotland. I would love to visit some day. i think some of my family is of Scottish descent, but I haven’t been able to prove it.

Keisha - Sorry to hear about the roof, but glad you don’t have any water damage.

Mac - I recently upgraded my iPhone. So far I love the new XS Max.

Bobbie - 101? Way too hot for me. B loved Aquatica when we went. I’m not much of a water park person, so I mostly took pictures.

Hello to everyone who I didn’t mention. I am very tired and will try to get some sleep now.

Charade I get a kick out of what you tell us about the therapists where you work

Some of their comments are so funny

Figured out it was settings in my phone that has been causing my issues
Just took me a bit of time to correct it

I tend not to update things on the phone when I get the notifications..... duh

No matter how hot and humid and the freaking summer storms are hitting my area., still glad we moved to Georgia
Weather where we used to live does not have the rain issue but yucky temps

Summer weather is not supposed to mean wearing jackets during the day
One year when I lived in northern Illinois, we had the summer from hell
Highs hitting 50 degrees and needing the heat on during the night in june

My kids up there told me weather is still fall season of 57 for a high
Hope everyone here is doing fine

Every one knows late June should at least hit 77 degrees in the afternoon

I do not miss that changeable weather at all

Summer time was always happy time when I was a kid and could play games with the neighborhood kids while the folks were at work

Keisha......not sure you’re selling your area as a great place to visit.......lol.....good luck with the roof.....why do these things happen just before a trip!!

mac......I agree.......summer is not a time for jackets......or it shouldn’t be. We wear jackets most of the year round, except for the occasional hot few days now and again......what a difference from where you used to live!

Hi to everyone I’ve missed.........quick drive by........

Drive up was lovely yesterday apart from 30 mins of what can be described as a Florida downpour and then the lightning and thunder started.......that wasn’t fun!

Hotel is lovely, suite is larger than we thought with some lovely separate areas and dinner last night was superb. Had a great sleep but I’m awake at 5am just looking out the window........and weather is very mild up here, hoping for some sunshine next few days.....even a little would be nice!

Change of plans, no Lochs today, that’ll be tomorrow now. Got few plans for today.......after Scottish breakfast it’ll be a walk on the beach......then start the day........

Have a great Tuesday all.........

Charade, I hope you feel better today. Enjoy hearing about your office doings.

Sue, I don't always have such the selection. Either cooked from fresh, or a certain brand of frozen chicken, is the only kind of chcken little one will eat, and all eat the carrots, but older one and I felt like mac and cheese, so as I was making that, little one decided mashed taters would go better, with some gravy, of course. So, made that too, though not very much of it. I think little one did have some of the mac and cheese too, as I had made more of that, as I knew my DH was coming home soon, and if I had enough mac and cheese, I could toss the rest of the left over chicken and carrots in with it. He does not care if all combined or not. I think he added some tomatoes to it.

Mac, glad you figured your phone issue out.

Bobbie, have fun at BGT today. Kids like it there, they really like some of the coasters there. Me, I watch, mostly. And we have some great pictures of some of the animals there. A really good one of a gorilla.

Schumi, glad to hear you made it safely in that very wet travel. Glad to hear the hotel and dinner was nice, and hope you get to stroll the beach, and a brighter day for you.

Ah, some early morning rain. Stopped by the time I was ready to commute. Mostly wet roads, and a very quick trip. Happy about that. But oh so balmy out, and gray. No sunrise to see today, so far. Thick cloud cover, with a light breeze. Tree outside window is gently swaying.But no matter, the sun will arrive as the rain and clouds move out, enough, weather lady said, partly cloudy afternoon, and another day that will see the temps rise to close to 90, 88 is the high.

So, with that, you know warm and muggy needs a quick meal. And yes, ladies and gents, the Taco Tuesday is here. The day, Mac might make a Taco Bell run.

411535 Have a terrific Tuesday, homies. Hope all are doing well, and enjoying this lovely start to summer. Sending hugs to all that need one, and hey, drink up, it's hot out there.

It’s is Tuesday
Of course I’ll get my Taco Bell run
Lol

Good to read Schumi made it safely back to Scotland

All have a great day!

:bday:

I believe today is Andy’s/Robbie’s (Rapstar) birthday

I’m sure he will correct me if my notes are wrong...lol

Have a great day homie!

It was the 19th lol.

Which Vistana are you at? The one by Disney or the one by Sea World? I got a really good deal through Hotwire for the one by Sea World one year and really enjoyed my stay. This year I'm taking my chance on an AirBNB. I found a studio condo at the Enclave by UOR for around $600 for the 8 nights I'll be there.

Do breakfast tacos count? If so my taco Tuesday is already complete lol

Hello all!! Popping in to say HI!!

First, let me thank you all for your kind words, well wishes, and concern for Joe and his health. :flower3: Joe and I are so touched by your support and friendship!
He received a clean bill of health from his cardiologist. We are thrilled!! He is still dealing with his anxiety issues and continues to work with getting his diabetes under control. All of this has led us to make positive changes in our diet and start to exercise. I've been pretty much "unplugged" for the past few weeks. It has actually been a good thing! We've spent a lot more time together without a computer screen in front of us! I missed you guys here! So, while I think I will continue "unplugging", I don't want to lose my friends here! I've lost touch of the last few weeks and all that's been going on with all of you!!

Here's a GREAT BIG:wave2: to all of you!! I hope all is well with you. Many are traveling- safe travels!! Here's a :hug: to any that need it. All of your hugs meant so much to me!

Take care and Happy Tuesday!!!

Oh, Patty, take all the time you need with Joe. So happy to hear clean bill of health, with the other issues that I am wishing he can find a good feeling life style soon. You can call me anytime if you just want to chat or vent.

Ah the sun, Ah not the sun. Still mostly a cloud cover, but hoping a not too hot lunchtime walk. Hair already tied up. That humid air, bad hair to start after an ack, that's what my hair looks like. But cold enough inside, lots of tea for me.

Was up so early today, lunch yet? I hate that. See some snacks arrived in our break room. Eh, none for me. Little cupcakes, not my favorite, and those large, iced fancy cookies in 4th of July shapes, that's a no also. Darn. May have to look for some other snack.

Hope all are enjoying some coffee, tea or other beverage. Most of us, need that hydration, particularly if you are outside most of today.

And yep, RAPStar should get a point for having the first taco today. Never been to either Vistana, but your AirBnB sounds like a good deal for your 8 night stay. A studio sounds perfect.

Good afternoon everyone :wave2:

Finally got a day off and spent the morning doing laundry and canceling my DirecTV after 20+ years of service...good news is dish is coming on Thursday to install my new satellite and it's saving me $30 per month. They're also giving me a $300 giftcard and free hopper. I couldn't justify paying for something that didn't work most of the time.

Patty...glad Joe is doing better and it's good to see you post.

Robbie...great news on finding a place to stay for HHN.

Charade...hope you feel better soon :hug:

Guess I'll have to get back to my chores....need to cut the grass.

Hi to mac, Carole, Lynne, Robo, Bobbie, Sue, Janet, pooh, squirlz, pumpkin, monyk and anyone else reading along....have a wonderful day :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter