Something About Nothing ... #12

Hey Maria......you leave on the 27th......thats come around so quick.......look forward to hearing about it.......:)

Gina.......yes....I'm in what I think is one of the most beautiful castle hotels in the Uk with my mum for 2 nights......we are being incredibly pampered and spoiled......

Im stuffed from dinner......got a bottle of wine and ....oops.....mum doesn't drink.....lol

Got our New York trip for next year booked up yesterday.....flights and Manhattan hotel booked....16 nights.....yay.......

Catch youse guys soon.......

Yay, a new thread! I felt like with 11 previous ones it was probably too late to join in at that point, but starting with a fresh one will be awesometacular! I am having a ridiculously hard time paying attention in my last few days at work. A week from now I will be off and doing last minute chores/prep before we leave on the 27th! Getting to Universal on the 30th, and I really can't wait!!

Happy Birthday, mac!!

Maria :upsidedow

thanks !

maria, you have been with us in the older days of this thread.
i think you were in on the christmas ornament stuff we did backin series #4 or so.

it's about time you came home to us!!
you have been missed a lot.

going out to eat in a few minutes but will be back to read up.
depending on the parking lot crowd, it will be joes crab shack, longhorn or olive garden.
i'll find out when we get there.

Sorry so late in saying but happy birthday Mac and hope you have a great one.

finally caught up.

love all what you wrote to me and thank all of you.

ended up going to joes crab shack and stuffed.
i never want to eat again.

i might take that back tomorrow morning though....
:laughing:

Ahh, I lost you all! I know you were all trying to sneak quietly away but I figured it out! Was wondering why I hadn't gotten notifications in awhile! :rolleyes1

Yesterday was crazy packed at MK - spent much of the day there with friends in town and have the major blisters to show for it (not wearing those shoes again soon). Epcot today was much nicer!

glad you found us marcie.

the mod Mary Jo put a link on the sans #11 in case anyone went to that thread which can bring you all here if you click on it.

ok, which room do you have your eye on?
want an upper floor or the club area......
plenty room left for everyone!

blisters......oowie, that has to hurt.
slap a bandaid on the feet and do the
parks again tomorrow.

Yes I remember worfie from when I first joined.....long time ago........yep nice to see ya post more Maria......:)

mac......still cant reply to your email this morning.....even on my phone....not sure what thats all about......will be a long reply when I get home....lol....love hearing about Joes Crab Shack.......I have to try the crab nachos this year........sounds lush :)

StL.........nice to see ya.........:thumbsup2

Lovely day again.........it's Thursday.......:wave2:

Glad you had a nice birthday dinner, mac :thumbsup2 . Hope you had a big fancy cake to top off your meal at Joe's!! Birthdays are all about indulgences :blush: .

shumi, I hope you are having a nice little getaway. Glad the weather is delightful for you too. Its a dreadful morning here in the Canadian north......very ominous outside right now: the its dark and the trees are swirling in the wind. Big storms and lots of rain forecast for us today. But the humidity is supposed to finally break, which is good ::yes:: .

Dentist appointment for me today. Blech :crazy2:. I hate the dentist.

Possible stormy day for us too Gina. Rained yesterday like a Florida afternoon. Yep, another ride home hydroplaning most of the way. We got dumped on pretty quickly. Poor DD, went to soccer, they got to play for about 5 minutes and then got drenched. Will be a stormy Friday too. Also hoping the humidity breaks.

Glad your birthday dinner was good Mac.

StL good to see you around.

Aw Marcie, I hate blisters too. I hope you are feeling better.

Glad to hear Schumi is enjoying her Scottish get away. Lovely countryside.

th

Happy Thursday everyone...:wave:

Mac hope you had a great. Birthday. party:

Schumi glad your having such a good time with your mum at the Castle.

Lynne loved the smoking monkey pic and the cat pictures are so cute.

Gina I have the same problem with the humidity hair...:scared1: I can have it straight and looking nice and I walk out into the humid day and it is a fuzzy mess.

Keisha loved the scary cake. Although I am not a fan of snakes. It's cool.

Suppose to be a nice sunny day today here. Dad and Stepmom made a surprise visit. My sister and I are going to take them on a little day trip. Lunch at the Overlook restaurant in Leavenworth Indiana, then onto Corydon a town that looks like it's still in the 50's.

Have a great Thursday all.

Last edited:
I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, thanks for remembering me, guys! :) For awhile we were going to Universal Orlando at least annually, once we went three times in one year. Then five years ago we started just hitting the Motherland, mostly because that's where the races were and it was easier to just take the Magic Express and stay there. But with all the new and exciting additions here and coming, I am going to want to visit Universal Orlando much more regularly!

Glad you had a great birthday, Mac - -and like Gina, I hope you had a scrumptious cake to celebrate!

Schumi -- Have you heard that what happens in Scotland stays in Scotland? ;) Just sayin'...your getaway sounds wonderful!

Gina -- Please send that break in the humidity our way, minus the storms! Be safe and stay dry :)

Robo -- enjoy your trip to the past, I bet that will make for some fun photo ops!

I'm having the fun of planning out our dining. Well, the restaurants I want to try to hit. We don't like to have it set in stone if we don't have to, so I'm looking at menus and reading reports. I think I want to do lunch at Margaritaville, Antojitos, Leaky Cauldron, Simpson's and Mythos, and dinner at Cowfish, Vivo, Bubbaloo's, and Hash House. We'll probably also have lunch at Bahama Breeze on our way over to Tampa, and maybe dinner at the Olive Garden or Longhorn. We receive Olive Garden gift cards every year for Christmas, and I'm told I can use them at Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden or Longhorn, which would make dh happy :D We have Olive Garden and Longhorn nearby at home, so if I miss those for something else it won't be a big deal.

Now if I would just stop getting new assignments at this pesky work, I could really focus on the important stuff ;)

th
In case Belle is baking.
what a beautiful kitty to see first thing in the morning.
she looks like my first kitty Baby.
love the kitty and minionion photos........

schumi,don't worry about not answering my emails, you can wait and send me one next week when you are back home.

enjoy your stay with the family and have fun in scotland

birthday was low key yesterday and no cake.
but it still was a good day
many ty's to all for the nice wishes!

yup, our weather stinks today.
looks like rain any minute.
we are close to 60 degrees now and it isn't short and tee weather today.
i'll wait until i hit orlando for the sunshine !!

maria, you are close to leaving.
i know you all will have fun at the darkside.
5 years is a long time to be away from there.
you have a great line up for eateries.
hope you have a a fine time and no rain!!!

we could never forget youse.
once in the family, always in the family.

:grouphug: to all this thursday.

big hair is still en vougue here in pittsburgh. DH found an old glamor shot of me = guilty as charged lol

tried a new soup @ olive garden, a sausage/kale/lt cream chicken soup, had a kick to it - nom. sing a long sparsely attended, better to croak along uninhibited.

appliance guy here for 2nd visit, will be back a 3rd. says he's replacing 'the transmission' and basically everything else in the washer. um ok, as long as it costs me zip & eventually works right i'm good.

gina i'm so glad my last just finished w/college. now to pin down that 'real' job.

mac do u have anything else on to-do list for the upcoming trip?

marci - for once i beat u to new house here. toss those shoes, ow

worfie- welcome home.

Keisha....big hair is still in?!?! Why didn't anyone tell me? Sounds like a trip to Philly might be in order :teeth: .

Worfie.....I'm not sure you'll want the kind of humidity relief we're supposed to get. Just heard on the radio that there's a severe storm warning out, with hail possible the size of golf balls :scared1: . And the Weather Network is calling for snow in parts of Alberta :faint: . Have I mentioned lately how much I hate our Canadian weather?

mac....I hope the sunshine and warmth returns for you soon. Its wayyyy too early to be that chilly!

Worfie....you've got some great choices on your dining list. Making me hungry just reading 'em off. We're trying Bahama Breeze for the first time in October. It's DH's must do and a new destination for us!

Robo....I'm beginning to think we could start some sort of Frizz Fraternity with our little group. They say misery loves company, so how nice to know I'm not the only one suffering!! lol Love the Thursday Minion, too ::yes::. Nothing like minions and cute cats to kick the day off right :thumbsup2 .

Hope your washer behaves finally Keisha. That stinks to have a service guy keep coming back. That's what a warranty is for.
Not a soup fan, but glad you enjoyed a new one at the Olive Garden. Always better to sing when no one is listening! LOL

Worfie, isn't is great to think of all the food you'll enjoy while on vacation? I hope you have a great trip back to the Dark Side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter