Something About Nothing ... #12

Absolutely Vicki.......we`ll take whatever weather is there.......just being there will be good enough. Will bring a hoodie just in case.....lol

Yep, we are loving Tom finishing up with his career............:thumbsup2

Happy Friday the 13th all! Going to HHN tonight...what better place to be on Friday the 13th than HHN. ;)

Carole I hope you can squeeze me in during that December week...would be great to see Kyle again after all these years.

Dang, just saw the Seasonal Pass Blockout dates for 2018, and our entire Spring Break is blocked. The last several years, the Spring Break blockouts have been in the middle of April, but in 2018 they are the last week in March and first week in April...which coincide with our Spring Break...bummer.

Damn it wag
You can't catch a break....

Sorry this screws up a spring break plan for the darkside

Are you willing to upgrade your passes?

If not, tell yourself that the place will be greatly crowded if you do go

Another nice morning in the Studios.

IMG_2420.JPG

Yep, sunny, but clouds look like rain later today. Hope I have a dry drive to the airport.

Yahoo for a family Christmas trip for the Schumi family. We will be there a few weeks later, and I am excited as to what the Dark Side will have.

That does stink Wags. Maybe when Spring breaks are. Have to look at the calendar.

Ahh, maybe a ride over to Islands soon. Simpson and some aliens to shoot at first.

Later homies. Yay! Friday the 13th. Will be home before Jason looks around HHN. Well, hopefully home. Will check the train schedule when landing. My airport is not known to be fast in returning the luggage. Ahh, rides to go to.

Happy Friday the 13th all! Going to HHN tonight...what better place to be on Friday the 13th than HHN. ;)

Carole I hope you can squeeze me in during that December week...would be great to see Kyle again after all these years.

Absolutely........we`ll be mostly in the parks this time, not much roaming around or plans with anyone but we`ll definitely see you. Kyle is bursting to get back........mostly for Linda`s Chocolate Fudge Cake at Cheesecake Factory I believe......lol........no we are over the moon. Short trip for us, but we`ll make the most of it.......

Thanks mac.......you know us.......love the parks anytime..........

Wag, sorry your plans have been changed.......

Lynne, nice picture......glad you've had such a nice trip again........enjoy those rides and safe travels to you too..........

Weird day here........blowing a hoolie......but warm, really warm........ended up hanging all my washing out and it was dry in no time at all.......love when I can do that........sun is shining but dark skies in the distance look ominous........

Wont be going far rest of the day.........

Absolutely........we`ll be mostly in the parks this time, not much roaming around or plans with anyone but we`ll definitely see you. Kyle is bursting to get back........mostly for Linda`s Chocolate Fudge Cake at Cheesecake Factory I believe......lol........no we are over the moon. Short trip for us, but we`ll make the most of it.......
Excellent...maybe we'll have dinner in Cuba one night and I'll make sure there is mac and cheese on the menu.

Happy Friday the 13th. It’s a gray and gloomy day here, but I think I’m almost back to whatever passes as normal. I’m going to spend today not doing much of anything.

Today is the end of the first 9 weeks of school in our county. I can’t believe my daughter is already 1/4 of the way through her junior year. Just 9 more weeks and we will be at the halfway point and ready to leave for our vacation.

Tink - I hope you are feeling better.

Lynne - I am loving all of the pictures.

Schumi - How awesome you get to go back to Universal in December. I wish we could meet, but I arrive a week after you leave.

Wagman - Sorry about the blackout dates. That’s something I never really understood. I would think that being an annual pass holder should allow you entrance any time.

Safe travel wished to anyone who is traveling today .

@schumigirl I am so jealous! You're going to get to UO for a second time before I've even gotten a chance to get there once! Good for you! :)

Safe travels to all going and coming!

I'm tired and I have to work my second job tonight... I think it's a double 5-Hour Energy day today... sigh...

@Lynne G I love that picture! The dog is adorable! If I'm correct, he's from Men in Black, no? I think it's great they let you pose with him!

Chuckers, yes he is one of the dogs used in MIB movies. They have a meet and greet with 3 animals. One was a golden retriever, one a buzzard and the pug. I am not a character picture taker, but he was so cute. Jumped right onto my lap.

Well, no traffic to the airport, quick rental checkout, no line for bag check, no pre check line, so at the gate in less than 1/2 hour.

The Adventure Lives On. :santa:

IMG_2446.JPG

Decent breakfast, even if price high. Coffee could have been better too, but cool place to eat.

Damn it wag
You can't catch a break....

Sorry this screws up a spring break plan for the darkside

Are you willing to upgrade your passes?

If not, tell yourself that the place will be greatly crowded if you do go
That does stink Wags. Maybe when Spring breaks are. Have to look at the calendar.

Wagman - Sorry about the blackout dates. That’s something I never really understood. I would think that being an annual pass holder should allow you entrance any time.

Sorry, guys, didn't mean to imply we had hard plans for Spring Break, but it was one of the things we discussed when we got the passes, earlier this year....we were considering it, but we will still be good for usual time in late May...so, all good, we can just scratch that idea.

Chuckers, yes he is one of the dogs used in MIB movies. They have a meet and greet with 3 animals. One was a golden retriever, one a buzzard and the pug. I am not a character picture taker, but he was so cute. Jumped right onto my lap.

A buzzard?? Can you take a picture with him/her????

Nice Pic Lynne........

Vicki, yes we have a weather warning in place for Tuesday I believe when the tail end is to hit us.....usual high winds and flooding.......hope it blows itself out a little before it hits us........

Metro.......I know a road that "possibly" leads to Cuba so we`re good.........:rotfl:Told Kyle you posted and he`s looking forward to seeing you again too......must be 3 or 4 years since you did see him.........

Chuckers, your trip will be here before you know it now too......

Wag.......glad your plans haven't been affected.......

Dull, grey but warm here today.......very windy but to get worse by Monday night........not looking forward to that........

Lazy afternoon and planning to watch original IT tonight.........DH wants to go the cinema :eek: to see the new one........folks that know me know I hate the cinema and my husband actually banned me from going back many years ago.........too many annoying people.......drink slurpers, candy wrapper rustlers, whisperers, munchers, chompers, phone users, gigglers, sniffers, coughers and wrigglers, you know the type.......but....I`ll go once and see how bad it is........once!!

Have a great Saturday.........:)

Back at home. Seemed all survived. Two loads of wash so far. Cooler here, and some rain today.

Enjoy your Saturday homies. It is dessert day, so I may have to find a dessert or two.

Later homies.

For Mac:

6897CB78-2E40-4596-92C4-8FBAE5120C9D.jpeg

It was such a nice time meeting up with Mac, Goofy and her DH, Robo and her Dsis, and Ron.

Morning everyone :wave2:. Trying to get back in the groove at home after a great Universal vacation....it will take a few more days for back and legs to recover....but it was so worth it.

Had a great time on Mac’s VIP tour and so enjoyed meeting everyone. Mac’s planning made for a wonderful evening.
It started off raining, but as Florida weather does it soon turned into a muggy hot night, but that did not dampen the enjoyment of the the evening at all. I did not get to bed until about 2:30 am and did not get up until about 12 noon next day.....LOL...that’s the latest I have been up for ages.

Mac and I did a repeat of more houses again sunday evening (my last HHN night) and we didn’t leave the park until about 1:30 am.....LOL...we were both just about crawling at that point...but was so fun having a homie to hang with at HHN....::yes::

Some nice gentleman was kind enough to let us know that the tire was almost flat on the rental car I had Tuesday when we were leaving the Portofino. I was able to make it to a gas station. There was an icon on the dashboard lit up when I picked the car up at the airport. There was no car book in the glove box to look up the icon so I thought for sure they had checked out all systems before releasing the car for rental.

So basically the tire was very low and I drove it all the way from Sandford to Orlando. It sat in the garage at Portofino and we only used it once to go to Mall at Millenia then back to Portofino.

I called the emergency car rental number at the gas station and was asked if the car had a spare tire. I told them I did not know as I had not dismantled the trunk to look >:(. I thought they would just bring me another car...I was told to fill the tire with air and if that didn’t work it would take a couple of hours to come and change the tire. After filling the tire to the required air level the dashboard icon went off....eureka.....I drove it to my home. I have an air compressor luckily at my home and figured out the tire had a slow leak. I returned it Thursday and I was not a happy camper and the fellow at the desk who I was dealing with was not helping matters. He was very dismissive and that’s when I had had enough. My sister and I could have been killed in that car had the tire blew completely. When you pick up the car at the airport you have to stop at a security gate and your give the person your rental papers you received at the desk and they walk completely around the vehicle and look inside and outside and he missed it. It was a complete failure in their ability to make sure the cars they are renting are safe. The guy at the desk finally shared with me that the lady I dealt with on their emergency number should have arranged to have another’s vehicle brought to me.

I’am going to talk with the corporate office Monday. I have learned my lesson.

BEC9C89D-E307-4A24-8900-AD83BA659BC3.jpeg

8E9A5AEB-7860-4048-8BEB-42ADC48E9548.jpeg

Having coffee in my HHN mug this morning. When you put hot liquid in it the eyes and mouth glow red and the candles light up. Nice reminder every morning of the great fun at HHN.

Schumi my sister and I had lunch at Cheescake Factory while we were there and they have the Linda’s chocolate fudge cake in a big glass cake plate on the pie counter. Remembered your story’s of your sons love of this cake. It is huge and chocolatey for sure. We had a great lunch there and they had a pumkin pecan cheesecake and I had a few bites and it was very good.

Have to say my dining experiences this trip in the parks and CityWalk were not all great. One of my favorite places to eat in IOA Mytho’s failed. Sister got sick after eating a sandwich there. Toothesome quality of food has gone down much to my surprise. It has been pretty consistent and good on all previous visits. A favorite salad I like had ingredients missing in it and it was supposed to have chicken in it and I had to search for the chicken. Tried it another day and the salad dressing was off.

NBC grille pretzel was good but main course Mac and cheese were really bad. Had to send it back. Cowfish meal was good. Had very good meals at Portofino. Splendido at the pool food was very good. Had a good pizza at Sal’s and a very nice meal at Moma Della’s.

My sister and I agreed that the best meal we had in the parks was the meal we had at Three Broomsticks. Roasted chicken, potatoes and corn. It was very good.

Schumi great news on the trip in December to Universal so glad to hear Kyle will be able to go to.

Lynne nice pic with the MIB Pooh. Hope you had a great remainder of your trip and a smooth plane ride home. Was so nice meeting you. Still remember the good laugh after Ash vs Evil dead on the tour night. Haven’t laughed that hard in a long time.

Mac hope you had a good trip home and are resting.

Wagman67 hope you are able to find a vacation time that fits within your calender of time for your AP.

Tired today. Beautiful day here mild temps and sun shining. One more day of being lazy then need to get moving again.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Hey homies

I'm back home and wiped out today

Had the worse transportation retuning home from Atlanta airport.
First shuttle took off early

I was walking up to it but the driver took off 5 minutes early

So had to wait for the 3:00 shuttle

He came 20 minutes late
Took him forever to load luggage and passengers
I 75 going north was packed

I measured it by in inches traveled not miles
After one hour and we are still in Atlanta area, driver took a stop off the highway for restroom break

None of us requested this and most were ticked about it
We lost 30 minutes at least for this stop
Drivers never do stops like this so all the passengers were surprised it happened

The office dispatcher called the driver asking where we were

What would have been a 90 minute ride turned out to be over double of that

Lesson learned
Never take a Friday flight again at Atlanta
I'm sticking with Sunday to Thursday flight only or will use a different airport

Legs swelled so doing nothing today
Laundry can wait another day

This trip seemed to go quickly for me
I did spend a lot of time at the hotel resting and icing the knee

Made it a lot better for me in the parks
Looking back the trip was fantastic

So many homies to meet and spend time with!
So much fun !!!!

Will come back later for my shout outs and thoughts on hhn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter