Something About Nothing ... #12

The mr got his work schedule for next week...

Guess who's now coming down on Saturday instead of Sunday?:banana:

I literally had to arm wrestle with Alamo to get them to honor my existing weekly rate for rental + 1 day. Stinkers @ Hertz wanted to up the rental over 3 times hmmph.

Have a small credit on SWA fare, all i need is a place to rest my head now for one night, easiest part really

Re pet fountains. Have wondered how messy/often you have to give them a good scrub. My puppy still prefers his hamster bottle that is attached to his crate lol. It's a pain to clean, use a baby bottle brush.

:pre thought of (tall) Todd sneaking up anyone. Give carole a noogie for me lol.

Hmmm i vote for a link to Carole's rising star video too!

Waiting patiently for little one to take permit test. She had better pass the first time. I appreciate, talk of dresses turned to cars. Um, maybe not. When my kids are in their own, I will get a raise.

I find the disboards work less than half the time for me when I'm using the ipad. Even when it does work, it's normally slow unless I use it in the morning when less people are on. I have much better luck using the computer.

I was able to get tickets to see Book of Mormon! It's not until December but I've found tickets go fast here in Orlando. There are way too many people getting tickets at once so if you don't get them the first day then you're likely out of luck. I'm up in the cheap seats as members got first shot before today. But that's where I was when we saw Hairspray and those seats were fine.

I'm looking forward to "fall" weather. It's in quotes because I'm looking forward to temps where I sweat less - like highs in the low-to-mid 80's. I'm not sure when that starts other than not yet.

I also want to see Carole's rising star video. :) I've never been to Rising Star. I need to put that on my list of places to go. However, I will not be singing unless someone wants to sing in a group AND I have a couple alcoholic beverages in addition.

Waiting patiently for little one to take permit test. She had better pass the first time. I appreciate, talk of dresses turned to cars. Um, maybe not. When my kids are in their own, I will get a raise.

Good luck to your little one! I had to take a DL written test when I moved to Atlanta from California. (or when I moved from Illinois to California.. I can't remember.. I'm old). I didn't know I had to do it.. so I told them just give me the test and I'll do it now. I got 100% correct without any book review. I was pretty impressed with myself. Thankfully, I didn't have to take a driving test.. I STILL can't parallel park for my life. It's supposed to be done in 3 moves.. HA.. I think it's a minimum of 8 for me.. every time!

Okay, little one is now an official permit driver. Oh my. Here, if you are under 18, at least 6 months must pass before taking the driving test, after getting the permit. And a record of at least 65 hours of driving in different conditions. Here comes a 4 car family. I may have her practice on older one's car. At least that one is big and heavy, and 10 years old. Most likely will start tomorrow. I had better get longer fingernails. Though the marks from them are probably still seen on older one's car's front passenger door. 8-).

Enjoy this last hour of summer. Yeah, our start of Fall will be in the high 80's and to be in the 90's on Sunday.

Never been in Rising Star either. I am not the best alto voice out there, so no singing for me. May have to check it out one night.

Lynne - :magnify:&:teacher::earsgirl::car:=:charac2:

Most say their DDs were easier to teach:confused3

If i do say so myself, I am a most excellent parallel parker, the old fashioned way - no sissy back up camera needed

Afternoon everyone :wave2:.

I have a plan for Rising Star......Mac, Lynne, Keisha my sister and myself (after having a couple of those fruit Daiquiris with extra shots from Fat Tuesday’s ) sing backup for Schumi at Rising Star......That would be one to remember.....Just sayin........LOL....never been in there either......:hyper:

Well, I can tell you which pet water fountain not to buy. It's the Pioneer Raindrop Stainless Steel Pet Drinking Fountain. I bought one at Petco today and it doesn't work at all. I can hear the motor humming when I plug it in, but it does not circulate the water. Even the cat knew something was wrong. He kept pawing at the water like he was trying to get it to move. Back to Petco I go.

Keisha - Congrats on getting an extra vacation day. I clean the pet fountain once a week. Once a month I give it an extra good scrubbing and replace the filter.

Lynne - Congrats to you daughter for passing her test. Mine took it 3 times, though I suspect she wasn't really trying very hard. She is really nervous at the thought of driving. I think we are going to hire a professional driving instructor to give her a few lessons. In VA you have to hold a learner's permit for at least 9 months and have 45 (I think) hours of drive time before you can get a license.

Chuckers - I can't parallel park either. I will go out of my way to avoid parallel spaces. It's not a requirement for a license in VA.

I'm starting to doze off to the sounds of the clarinet. And I didn't even have to nag her to practice.

Yay for one more night. I was thinking of it, but nah.

Yeah, I am not the best parallel parking, but I can do it. Now, more lazy, and use camera too.

All us singing, oh my. Yes, lots of fruity drinks.

So happy today is Friday, and not the weekend. Yeah, little one wanted to know what was for dinner. Well, um, I just ate that rather large piece of cheesecake. I did save her about half. It was so rich. Ah, lazy night, the kind I really enjoy.

Have a lovely first night of Fall homies.

And wahoo, the start of the weekend!

One more day of vacation is something to celebrate for sure.

View attachment 271597

:) undoubably

Hmm, not much of a singer, can i shake me booty instead?

Haven't had a slab of cheesecake since Easter. Might have to remedy that @ Universal! It usually passes a lunch for me one day

Ross has a ton of those pet water fountains, may give them a closer look next week when i do my usual Tuesday breeze by.

Okay, little one is now an official permit driver. Oh my. Here, if you are under 18, at least 6 months must pass before taking the driving test, after getting the permit. And a record of at least 65 hours of driving in different conditions. Here comes a 4 car family. I may have her practice on older one's car. At least that one is big and heavy, and 10 years old. Most likely will start tomorrow. I had better get longer fingernails. Though the marks from them are probably still seen on older one's car's front passenger door. 8-).

Enjoy this last hour of summer. Yeah, our start of Fall will be in the high 80's and to be in the 90's on Sunday.

Never been in Rising Star either. I am not the best alto voice out there, so no singing for me. May have to check it out one night.
Yay to the new driver!? I am ready for another one of mine to start driving but not really ready for another car...
I can parallel park my 4Runner easily-but I know where the corners are on that thing after 16 years of driving it LOL! No backup camera there either. Only use the one in hubs car to make sure it is pulled into garage far enough to close garage door.

Afternoon everyone :wave2:.

I have a plan for Rising Star......Mac, Lynne, Keisha my sister and myself (after having a couple of those fruit Daiquiris with extra shots from Fat Tuesday’s ) sing backup for Schumi at Rising Star......That would be one to remember.....Just sayin........LOL....never been in there either......:hyper:
Um-video or it didn't happen :rotfl:Otherwise it would just be an urban (or disboard?) legend...

I'm starting to doze off to the sounds of the clarinet. And I didn't even have to nag her to practice.
Clarinet is my favorite I think, although my oldest switched to bass clarinet. And now that middle is pretty good on her flute it is not so bad either. Youngest just started on Trombone, and he brought it home to practice. He is supposed to just use the mouthpiece to practice the sounds/mouth shape. Perfect sound for boys who like to make...body function noises...
Read a pretty good piece on how band is the ultimate team sport-they practice for hours, are on the field for 7-10 minutes only, no time outs, no 9 innings or 4 quarters or even 2 halves to get it right, someone has an off day or is ill or falls or twists an ankle no sub to run in and take their place, the band only does as good as each individual in competition etc.

Off to nieces wedding tomorrow-and just realized the hotel doesn't have a pool; oh well kids will survive. Booked on reward points so I don't really care much. Had to run out and get the boy some nicer clothes that fit him (beanpole grows like a weed!)

Funny, both I and little one both played clarinet. I played through college, little one stopped last year. Did not want to do marching band, and with soccer, too much on the plate if she did. I gave little one's to my oldest neice. She is an alto sax player, but I know she will play the clarinet.

A beautiful start to this Saturday. Took little one out last night. She did pretty well. Stayed in the parking lots, and some head jerks, but at least she went slow. Needs to learn the feel of the pedals. Then we will start on the car lines, as the car is quite large and has blind spots. Maybe she is easier as a girl? Not sure. I will take her out again this afternoon. I do believe the more practice, the better.

MonyK, enjoy your neice's wedding. Hope the weather is nice. I am sure if the kids have electronics, and the TV has cable, they will be fine. Nice the hotel is comped. Yeah, growing kids. Sometimes shoes only lasted 6 months. Yes, growing like weeds.

Morning all........

HHN was good last night ........but, busy......incredibly busy. Houses weren't too bad for queues and we walked on most with EP. But walking around was a sea of people.........wasn't too hot so that helped a bit. Spoke to a few people who were so disappointed with final Bill and Ted........shame. It used to be so good years ago.

Did manage to meet up with Todd after all.......did a few houses together, always nice to see him and spend time with him..........

Today I have done some laundry, all done and hanging up ready to wear. Rest of the day is a surprise. Dh has something planned but won't tell me what.......it won't be a massive thing. I got my diamond ring in NY so won't be jewellery.......not quite sure what to expect as he doesn't usually plan anything over here........I do know we're going to Ocean Prime tonight for dinner and that's it.........

Anyway.......ready to go out, have a great day everyone..........

Good morning everyone :coffee:

I'm back home and already missing the darkside ...not sure when we will go back but I would love to see the parks at Christmas if only I wasn't so broke from this 10 night trip :rolleyes1

Congrats to Lynne's girl on getting the dl...I paid for lessons with both my kids...saved my sanity especially with Trey.

Carole, glad you got to meet up with Todd and you must let us know what Tom's surprise turns out to be. Also glad we did HHN last week when the crowds were low. Were you there when the lights went out in Springfield?

Keisha, yay for more vacation time :yay:

I look forward to hearing about karaoke night.

Time for me to do laundry since all our clothes are dirty after 11 days of vacation :laundy:

Good luck to your little one! I had to take a DL written test when I moved to Atlanta from California. (or when I moved from Illinois to California.. I can't remember.. I'm old). I didn't know I had to do it.. so I told them just give me the test and I'll do it now. I got 100% correct without any book review. I was pretty impressed with myself. Thankfully, I didn't have to take a driving test.. I STILL can't parallel park for my life. It's supposed to be done in 3 moves.. HA.. I think it's a minimum of 8 for me.. every time!
Me too Chuckers...good thing I took my test when it wasn't required or I would have failed big time.

Tink - How were your meals? I haven't eaten there before.
Sorry I didn't see this till now.. the meals were good, I think I enjoyed breakfast more. We both got Gaston's feast which had bacon, eggs, sausage, mixed fruit, hash browns and a pastry plate. Lunch was good also ...we both got the braised pork. It really helped that we orderesd ahead as there were long lines both times. The best meal here is dinner since you get to explore all the different rooms and meet the Beast.

I'll be eating at BOG for lunch. Braised pork looks good, so glad to hear you enjoyed it Tink. Yeah, the back to reality blues. Yep, I wash everything when I get home. Tend not to do much laundry while in vacation.

Ooh, a secret Schumi. Love to hear what is was, and the MCO story as well. So lovely to hear you you were gifted a diamond ring. Nice you caught up with Todd, and enjoyed some HHN.

Time to watch some English football.

Congratulations to your daughter Lynne on getting her drivers permit.

Tink I know what you mean. It’s hard coming back to the real world after vacation. Sounds like you had a great time.

Schumi your fella is a keeper. So nice that he surprised you with a diamond ring and then has more surprises in store.

Did anyone hear anything about the power going down at HHN last night about 10:30 ? Saw a news thingy on the side of boards about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter