Something About Nothing ... #12

Tink you should be fine for the hotel as Tuesday will be back to a normal day for UO
i haven't checked the SW site so don't know when they will have anything up.

Too soon now and maybe Tuesday will be a smooth flight day.
All the peeps already booked will have a seat so you could be fine

Charade, nice to see ya. Hope school is going well for your Junior in the Senior High. My little one is fine, and was not too happy with her schedule before school, but once she started school, all okay. Seems to like her teachers. And sigh. She has her eye on over the knee boots. So far, have not seen color and heal size she wants. I am sure more boots will be flooding the market soon enough. All the summer stuff is in the back or gone. Fall colors in all the stores.

We are already 4 weeks in and so far things are going well with the exception of one annoyance. My daughter is taking a pre-calculus class that is dual enrollment with the local community college. She has an IEP at her school (high functioning ASD), so I contacted the community college's disability services to see if she needed anything on file with them. (Her high school keeps stressing that that have to follow the community college's rules for the dual enrollment classes.) I have been trying to set up a meeting at the college, but it has been cancelled twice. I was told to call back and reschedule. I called today and there was no one in the office who could help me. Ugh!

Over the knee boots? Is this one of the new "in" things for fall? I have absolutely no fashion sense.

@tink1957 Looks like I'll have to find another time to buy you a drink! Enjoy VB for me, I think it will be too cold for me to go in January!

We are already 4 weeks in and so far things are going well with the exception of one annoyance. My daughter is taking a pre-calculus class that is dual enrollment with the local community college. She has an IEP at her school (high functioning ASD), so I contacted the community college's disability services to see if she needed anything on file with them. (Her high school keeps stressing that that have to follow the community college's rules for the dual enrollment classes.) I have been trying to set up a meeting at the college, but it has been cancelled twice. I was told to call back and reschedule. I called today and there was no one in the office who could help me. Ugh!

Over the knee boots? Is this one of the new "in" things for fall? I have absolutely no fashion sense.

Me neither, but little one definitely does, though only picks and chooses the styles she likes. I would never wear them. Fashionista she is.

Sorry to hear your college giving you the run around. Yep, her pre-calc is also a college course too. She's one of the few juniors. Most are seniors or college kids.

I got an email from my sister in Atlanta. She asked if she and her daughter could stay with us if they have to evacuate. I don't think it will come to that. I'm praying it won't be necessary. My sister and I get along best when we are nowhere near each other.

I got an email from my sister in Atlanta. She asked if she and her daughter could stay with us if they have to evacuate. I don't think it will come to that. I'm praying it won't be necessary. My sister and I get along best when we are nowhere near each other.
What state are you in?
Thought you were in the south

So no rain for you!

Is sissy coming to stay with you?
Atlanta should only get the rain about the same I will get

Possible some wind but not enough info out about that yet
Will not happen until mon-tue

So no rain for you!

Is sissy coming to stay with you?
Atlanta should only get the rain about the same I will get

Possible some wind but not enough info out about that yet
Will not happen until mon-tue

Am I a terrible person for saying I hope it doesn't come to that? I can only handle my sister in small doses, and my niece drives me crazy.
I think we have rain in the forecast for next week, but right now it is really nice outside.

No way would I have a relative camp out in my living room

None of them likes or tolerates cats

And I have two of them

Char, you're not a horrible person

Nope, Charade, not a terrible person. Love my siblings, but would not want to live with any of them. Visit, yes, stay, no.

Well. We had crappy electricity lately, seems our neighborhood had a 60 or so year old transformer that was on its last legs. It was huge, and rusty. After loosing power for several hours, lights now on. Shining new one. Actually glad it happened now, as the weather is pleasant right now, then in the cold and snow.

BBQ for dinner. Darn, older one ate all the mashed. Time for coffee, it is a cool evening.

No way would I have a relative camp out in my living room

None of them likes or tolerates cats

And I have two of them

Char, you're not a horrible person

Well...we would actually put them in the basement. We've turned the basement bedroom into an office of sorts. We have a daybed and a sofa in that room.
My sister has a cat, and that would be the problem. My cat has been an only cat almost all of his life. He is rather ornery. I don't know what would happen if we brought another cat into the house.

Checking in. Took a break from Hurricane prep and went to Epcot last night and saw Fuel. It was nice to have a break. I really needed it. I'm very glad they're saying cat 2 now. Hoping that stays or decreases. I'm almost right on the line of the very, very center. I'm less than five miles east from that so hoping it shifts. It's going to have to shift quite a bit to get me out of the eye though.

Guess this is your 'official' welcome to Florida? You have to be nervous wreck. Is this your first storm? Better prepared/safe than sorry. Post how you weather the storm.

Take care kohlby :hug:

@keishashadow ...If my flight gets cancelled I will try for Wednesday. My flight leaves at 1:30 So hoping for the best. If the forecast holds, we will get to the airport after the worst has passed but our flight will probably be delayed.

I hate waiting :sad1:

Me too in general, this would be on my last nerve. You seem very calm IMO.

Bet all will go off as planned. Many will cancel their plans outright as it's so easy with SWA. If you do have to shift over to Wednesday may find plenty of open seats. If anything, bet the parks will be markedly slower that week.

Here's link to SWA's policy on IRMA. If anything if there is another flight the same day you'd prefer, would likely be accommodated to switch to another/better flight the same day, earlier or later to suit your preference.

https://www.southwest.com/html/advisories/swa_travel_advisory_2017841504542489393.html

Good Morning. We have sun. Report, a beautiful fall day on tap today.

Stay safe Metro, Kohlby and all those that will feel Irma's wind and wet later today into the next 2 days. May you dodge the bulk of the storm.

IMG_0156.JPG

I've got five of those and don't want to be around any of them...not really...love them all...two I could probably live with...one I just don't know very well...the other two, I...umm...yeah, love them, too...let's go with that.

We have a couple of friends that had to move to Homestead for work...they literally moved all their stuff in on Wednesday. They say 'timing is everything', not 'timing loses everything'.

Friday night football update: we played a team we had never played and did not know anything about them...they turned out to be a solid team, but we did win 17-7. My youngest got his third start...the starter was supposed to be back, but after warm-ups, it was my youngest in for all of the practice snaps. They went to the locker room, before the start of the game, and when they came out, the starter had taken off all his pads. So, I am guessing he tweaked his injury (groin) again. I am happy my son is starting, but I would much rather see the senior out there, able to play his senior year...he has worked hard and I hope he recovers. It is terrible to have a week to week injury...sometimes it is best to know how long you will be out or that you are done. I don't think my son was as well prepared, because he wasn't starting and did not take reps in practice, this week. He wasn't so good in the first half, but came out and made some good adjustments in the second half and had a solid second half.

Chuckers, sorry about your trip. Really hope you have better luck in January.

Tink, I hope Irma doesn't slow you down any...good luck.

Everyone in the danger zone, please take cover and take care.

Mac, it is still going to be a pretty bad storm when it reaches you, so stay dry. We are expecting the final death knell, up here, on Tuesday or Wednesday....just some rain and wind.

Schumi...wherever you are, I know you are having fun...keep it up...how many days until the big 50?

Wags
Hope you had a great 21st anniversary celebration on Thursday!!

I know you had mentioned it this week and I thought to myself, this is one dude who adores his wife
Not all men are good with special dates

With you both working hope you two can go out and do something fun this weekend

Nice MonyK. We are in the middle of soccer too. Expensive even more as some girls did not return. Ugh. At least last year's uniform good for this year.

Just chilling. Lovely fall feeling night.

Hope all are safe and will have a good night. Take care homies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter