Something About Nothing ... #12

th

Not really, I'm too cold for that here. We're still at freezing this morning, but another sunny start to the day.

Yep, Keisha, not too far and we'll be aloft. Just got tickets for the grandstands to watch a parade. Can't believe I had to buy them, but I like being able to sit. When I told two of my brothers I had a 2 hour lay over in LV, both said, you could gamble. Yeah, not happening after I've spent too much on groupon and now the parade. So looking forward to Christmas on the beach.

And, thank a minion for this thought:
th

And with that, I need a second cup of tea. Robo and Mac and other coffee drinkers, I'll make coffee for ya.

carole - they've been showing a picture of a grand estate hit by the storm on news here. Said they started to name the storms to get locals to pay attention to them and be proactive. IDK we're bit of weather junkies here. Always nice to see somebody else getting the storm mentality lol.

Is that what they said the reason was.....so we Brits would pay more attention!!! Wow!! Lol.......no idea as we British have an obsession with the weather....it's our main talking point with strangers...without that.....we got nothing :duck:But it's just awful......same places seem to get flooded time after time.....they built flood defences in one place......not big enough.......typical. Friend of ours who lives in the Lake District apparently tweeted roads in and out of her town were gridlocked because of ghoulish people who want to see the floods......unbelievable.

Sun is shining but it's cold.........got Christmas cards finished this morning and some presents wrapped.......got a friend popping in tonight for Christmas visit......won't see her now till New Year........

Have a good Tuesday.........

carole - yep, that was the take i'm afraid. I think i'd rather watch paint dry and take a sunday drive up to see flooded land but since we live at concourse of three major rivers, flooding is not a novelty here by any means. That's why i live on a ridge lol

lynne i think having a reserved spot at a parade a grand idea indeed! ps the slots are so loud in airport, the siren sound will tempt you lol.

youngest son starts a new job on Monday, taking him out to eat tonight. Told him he could pick anywhere, but noooo, back to Olive Garden we go. If he's happy, i'm happy:-)

good day all

I can never understand why people want to see a flood. Ugh, excuse me. Yuck is in that water, and gawking at the poor people who might have lost everything, including the house itself, is just what?

And like Keisha, I sit in land between two large rivers. Flooding is not a novelty here either. We've had our local government condemn houses to make the flood zones wider. I too, am on higher ground.

And Schumi, thanks for reminding me to find my Christmas cards to mail. I did buy stamps the other day, so I'm getting there.

Enjoy all!

No tv, phone, internet, washer/dryer yet
All that comes around the 16th, with exception of dish

Found out the hospital here closed down last week

WOW! For a moment there, I thought you were gonna bust out the Gilligan's Island theme!

Still baby steps here...Thanks again for the kind thoughts all.

Robert, glad things are going in the right direction..........

Another cold day today.......walking into the village to meet a friend for lunch.....will need to be well wrapped up today.......it's so windy again. Sun is shining though. She did want to go for a walk after lunch along the beach as she has a dog now and is suddenly looking for company while she walks her..............beautiful golden retriever who is almost white..........hard to keep her clean!! She's 6 months old and so gorgeous.........and takes so much energy!!

But it's just too cold......so I'll have lunch then retreat back home I think.........house is toasty warm!

th

OK, we still need a camel, or two:

th

Schumi, sounds like a nice day. It's freezing temperatures this morning. And, I've had to scrape the car windows every day so far, so I'm with you, I'm bundled up. Not as windy, thankfully.

Robert, glad to hear all is going well. Still sending good wishes.

Raven, I hope you get all settled with the house soon.

Robo, hope you're getting your strength back and healing. Sending good thoughts your way.

Good day, all!

Morning all :wave2:. Lynne thanks for the good thoughts. Having my mug of coffee and checking out the dis:surfweb:.

Bluer what kind of drone is that? Looks like a nice one with nice case to keep it in. Have some nimble fingered techies in the family who would probably like something like that for Christmas.

Packages to take to post office today and Christmas cards to mail then off to get pedicure (happy feet). Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Morning all :wave2:. Lynne thanks for the good thoughts. Having my mug of coffee and checking out the dis:surfweb:.

Bluer what kind of drone is that? Looks like a nice one with nice case to keep it in. Have some nimble fingered techies in the family who would probably like something like that for Christmas.

Packages to take to post office today and Christmas cards to mail then off to get pedicure (happy feet). Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

It is by DJI, they have 3 recent models this year, standard, advanced, and professional. I got the pro due to BF sale. Here is a link.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dji-pha...hite/9322044.p?id=1219702232171&skuId=9322044

Then bought many accessories in this past week. :rolleyes:

I'm supposed to be doing housework.........but this site can be so entertaining at times with certain posts.........::yes:: Don't have much to do today though.........one of my friend's just txt me to ask what I was having for lunch today......lol.....told her I hadn't thought about it yet......was only 10.30am........now I'm thinking........:scratchin

Must not snack!!

Oh Schumi, your lush lunches must be on others' minds! LOL

Not as cool a start today, but a rainy one. We'll be around 68 by Sunday, and that's so odd this time of year. I hope we don't get a snowstorm when I'm ready to take off. No white Christmas for me.

th

And hoping Schumi's and Tink's angel does not look like this:

th

or maybe that' was one of Mac's cats after that long car ride.

Time for a cup of tea.

Have an enjoyable day, all!

pcstang -- Always thought Royal Pacific's tree was great! Thanks for posting the pic, almost like being there

:rolleyes1lol

ps the kids are adorable! bonus points for zombie tshirt

lynne i'm pretty sure mac's cats looked exactly like that picture! probably lost one of their 9 lives. Let's just say no to snow and keep the record heat wave!!!

Busy today: Tried a new "beer meat" recipie in crock pot. Easy-peasy & the guys gobbled it up, need to remember to save it. Had a request for chocolate chip cookies. Made several different cookie doughs & stuffed in freezer. Figured as long as i had the big mixer out on my island might as well put it to good use. Another present wrapping afternoon. Now, getting ready to open a bottle of wine from the local joint. it's called "sweet wine of mine". The only reason i samped it at the winery was that it made me think of GNR...Sweet Child of Mine :duck:. I'm easy to please when it comes to vino lol.

Hard to believe Xmas is 15 days away.

PC.......fab pics of the kiddies......love the expression on the older ones face at the tree......lol......

Janet......I'm intrigued........beer meat??? I do diced steak slow cooked in Guinness (hate Guinness normally) but this sounds different............but wine.......now I'm fussy about wine.......not a wine snob by any means.......maybe particular is a better word........:rolleyes1

Bliddy freezing here today.........where my mum lives now all the mountains have snow on them :sad2: hope it's not like that Christmas week!!! We're supposed to be going up then.........

Got all grocery shopping out the way this morning.......visited three grocery stores and farm shop.......stocked up for the week.......maybe!

Having Parma ham, other continental meats, olives, nice cheeses, small stuffed peppers and rosemary bread for dinner tonight......can't be bothered cooking.......DS is having pizza.....plain old cheese pizza.....with BBQ base though.....then night in front of tv I think..........

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

carole - just round steak cut up in small pieces with whatever spices on top, dry package of onion soup mix & first beer i grab from the fridge. Toss it in the crockpot & let it go to town all day = beer meat as dubbed by youngest DS
lol.

your cold cut spread sounds good to me, i'm going to make a salad for myself & let the troops dig thru the fridge for leftovers.

Good weekend all! it was amazing to run around outside today in a short-sleeved tshirt!

carole - just round steak cut up in small pieces with whatever spices on top, dry package of onion soup mix & first beer i grab from the fridge. Toss it in the crockpot & let it go to town all day = beer meat as dubbed by youngest DS
lol.

your cold cut spread sounds good to me, i'm going to make a salad for myself & let the troops dig thru the fridge for leftovers.

Good weekend all! it was amazing to run around outside today in a short-sleeved tshirt!

Sounds similar Janet......I don't use the onion soup mix, just sear it and bung it in slow cooker all day with Guiness some beef stock, loads of ground peppercorns and few other bits......no onions anymore though.......but it's gorgeous and so tender like that.....amazing thick gravy too!!!

Jealous of the short sleeved weather too.........we have had torrential rain.......all day!!! Hasn't stopped since 7am this morning.........perfect day for staying in, it's been so dark........so I got all my baking stuff out and just baked and made goodies like chocolate truffles for Christmas.....white and dark chocolate ones.......lush......even though I don't really eat them. Kyle was eating them faster than I could make them into truffle shapes........lol......wrapped up some and froze the rest for neare the time......ginger cake and cherry Madeira cake were my other baked goods today and some chocolate chip cookies.

Tonight got some friends coming round for Indian takeout......looking forward to that.

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend too........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter