Something About Nothing ... #12

Morning, all!

Monyk, my brother and sis-in-law have 15 chickens and I love watching them....who knew chickens had personalities??

Haircuts....ugh. Remember last weeks ordeal when Corey had to take me to urgent care? Rather than dealing with that nonsense I should've been doing something important......like a hair appointment! I've used the same guy since we moved back here from Newport News in '13 and I'm too chicken to let someone else do it and he's booked until the end of next week. Darn gray hairs!

Had a great time with Mom yesterday. Not sure there's anything left at Sam's but the property is well stocked for the rest of the summer. My family, both of my brothers and their families and my parents live on approximately 30 acres. We all went together several years ago and remodeled a house that sat on the outer fringes of the property.....it's our hub. It has a huge kitchen with an attached and covered picnic shelter that we use daily in the summer in some fashion. Living this close with family members probably wouldn't work for everyone, but it works for us.

Schumi, too funny!! I JUST commented on one of your pics in the picture of the day thread and was thinking to myself that it was about time for you to get cracking on the new TR! :rotfl: Glad you had a cooler night for sleep....maybe tonight will be even better! Right now what we jokingly refer to as the wine cellar is an alcove in our kitchen. If we stay in this house (and right now that's a big if after Corey graduates) we're going to remodel and attach the main house with the in-law suite and a two-zone wine room is on the wish list!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'm off to shower and start rousing the rest of the family. Today is supposed to be the last of our break from the humidity....think we're going to drive towards the Smoky Mountains and find something to do for the day. Tomorrow we're back up to 87 and humidity and it only increases from there for the rest of the week.

118 days. :-)

Ask and you shall receive ::yes:: ...…..new September trip report is up and running.....albeit a shorter first post than usual as a friend came in and needed some ingredients to make a recipe......it was easier for me to just make the darn dish...….lol......Tom is laughing and said I just finished the May one a few days ago...….no standing still!!!!

The wine room is one of my favourite things we have done to this house.....we had to board it out as it was solid stone and freezing, it had no heating at all when we took over this place as it was originally when the house was built designed for storage.....and it`s perfect.....we keep both types in there and sparkly, but transfer white to the chiller in the kitchen in loads so we never run out.....lol......you wouldn't regret getting a room like that!!!! It`s a thing of beauty...…:rolleyes1

I think your living situation sounds lovely!!! 30 acres is a decent amount if you don`t want to trip over each other...…it`s nice to be close to family.....I live almost 5 hours away from mine.....not the same.

Have a lovely weekend...…..

Good Morning all. A 😎 sunny start this morning. Little one wants to go to the amusement park we have passes for. They start a Mardi Gras type carnival today, with a parade and food truck type huts selling that kind of food. I am sure little one will look at the menus, but we will probably end up with food from the normal park places, that sell french fries with cheesesteak, chicken fingers and pizza.

Back again. Waiting for dh to finish breakfast so I can clean the kitchen. I sometimes wish I could see like he does. He says the house looks fine. All I see is clutter.

I just checked the website for the tea room and this is the description of the "Victorian Tea" that we will be having.
Served on a three-tiered plate
Two warm, freshly made scones served with Devon cream, preserves & fruit garnish.
A delightful array of English Sweet Treats
Dainty open-faced sandwiches to include;
Cucumber & Butter, Egg Salad with Paprika, Chicken Salad with Almond garnish, Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese
Served with an endless pot of tea for two or more.
Serves Two

Pooh - It's cool that you have such a close family. I wish we were like that, but sadly, we are not. I get along great with my brother which is kind of odd since he is 12 years older than me and we hardly had anything to do with each other when we were growing up. My sister is only 3 years older. She and I get along best when we are far apart form each other.

Time to get back to laundry and cleaning.

I’m now offering a 56 year old human male in addition to the cat. I’m in the middle of cleaning when he asks me when I am going to the grocery store. I’m not the one who invited people over tonight. Needless to say, he quickly wrote up a list and will be going sometime today. He is still sitting at the kitchen table. i guess I will just vacuum around him.

I love a proper tea service, Charade. Looks lovely.

Water logged now. Water park inside the park until it got too crowded. And yep, no carnival food for us. Oh well. We will come back one evening, as they do a parade and throw beads.

Now little one is trying on clothes. Haha, DH asked if little one is getting ready for college, and did I get her a laptop yet. Yeah, and we have picked up quite a few things already.

Older one is feeling like Chinese, our usual Saturday dinner plans. So, I guess I will pick it up on our way home. Getting hungry.

Friday night. Burgers for dinner, and just chilling. A great way to spend the evening.

Hope all who got the haircut liked it. I like my hair long enough to tie up. And I have followed the same hair lady each time she changed salons, since before I got married, so almost 30 years. She is about the same age as I. So I guess some day, I will have to find a younger one. But she know my style so well. I grew out my bangs years ago, and doubt I will rock bangs any time soon. I did have them about 10 years ago. When little one turned 13, she told me that I should let her grow her bangs out, not a child anymore. And I doubt little one wants bangs again either.

Ack, not anything good on the TV.

Have a lovely night all.
We head a casual dinner too. Fresh sausage from the butcher. And this n that! And pickles I drive 45 min for! To a deli across the bridge. Best dills ever. They also make a good Montreal smoked beef.
Yes quite happy with haircut! So I got rid or getting rid of straight across bangs for side-swept ones. They won’t be totally out because I have layers around face.
Anyone want a cat? I am very angry with mine right now. Last month i bought a cute shirt at the San Diego Zoo. I wore it today for the first time. Cat grabbed my sleeve with his claws and left 2 holes in it. >:(
I’m not a sewer, but like Monykalyn said, maybe it can be packed from the inside? They have that mending tape that you iron on from the inside. Worth a try, can’t make it worse!
Charade I may trade you a cat for a chicken! Lola continues to insist she needs to roost on the deck! Bratty teen chicken! But seriously - can the shirt be patched from inside so holes not obvious? My souvenirs tend to be shirts or coffee mugs so understand the upset if one gets ruined.

Right? The room is paid for, DD is paying for plane tickets (she owes me for change of flight charges)-my expense my just be a MNSSHP and food:rolleyes1.
My suvies are shirts, mugs or purses! But Mr has banned any more mugs lol. No more room lol.
Whaaat? Room and flights paid for? What are you waiting for girl? Book it ::yes::
Wouldn’t take me 2 secs!
Ugh, woke up just after 2:00. I will probably be awake for a while. Later today I need to do laundry and clean the house. Dh has invited the next door neighbors over for dinner tonight. I think it’s just going to be the wife and 2 small children. The husband is in the National Guard and I believe he is away on an assignment right now.
Tomorrow afternoon B and I are joining some ladies from my Sunday School class for an English tea. We have a tea room downtown. I’ve never been there before. I hope it is authentic.

We should have done that. We were trying to cram in as much as possible since we were only there 2 days. I need to remember that I am not a kid anymore.

Same here. I gave up bangs mainly because I didn’t like having to get them trimmed every few weeks.

I’m not sure. I’ve never tried to patch clothes before. I was thinking about calling the zoo to see if they still had the shirts and just buying another one.

Going to check to see if there is anything to watch on TV. I should be getting sleepy again in another hour or so.
I love afternoon tea. We have several places that serve it here. But I heard one of my fav has closed down. No idea why. There wasn’t an empty table last time we were there.
Yes, next time I think you need more time at DL for a more relaxed touring. But you sure did get a lot done ✅ on that vacay!
Sue and Charade.....yes, it`s wild weather for sure......big drop for us today.....65F and rain!! Glad you`re both happy with your hair......I wouldn't be without a fringe......I don't like foreheads very much and I have far too chunky a face to not have it...….but always think ladies who don't have fringes always look so good.....very stylish. Charade hope you got back to sleep....not fun missing out on sleep. And hope you enjoy your English Tea.....yes, hope it`s authentic.

We had a much better sleep last night.....it was still hot but bearable.....then the thunder woke us all up.....boy was it loud!!! But, we have rain and it`s to rain all day and much cooler.....so got a load of housework done this morning......but it`s so dark!!!

Had a thought last night that the Berries and Bubbles Charity night might be better placed to have it around Christmas time.....so called the head of the committee and she agreed.....we can really glam it up as a double celebration evening...…we like to glam up at Christmas......Autumn charity evening will be something simple.....

Plan to start new trip report at some time today...….only 5 weeks till we go and cannot wait for HHN!!!!

Have a great Saturday all....…..
Glad it’s cooled off for you. Has here too. 73 and breezy. Had to close the patio and deck umbrellas. Blue sky with fluffy white clouds. Tomorrow a nice 75. Pleasant enough to have the family birthday dinner outside on the patio.

I wish I could have hair I could pull straight back, but I look better with something around face too. And a high-ish forehead. And I’m not Nicole Kidman lol! She can rock pulled back hair with quite a high forehead!
Back again. Waiting for dh to finish breakfast so I can clean the kitchen. I sometimes wish I could see like he does. He says the house looks fine. All I see is clutter.

I just checked the website for the tea room and this is the description of the "Victorian Tea" that we will be having.
Served on a three-tiered plate
Two warm, freshly made scones served with Devon cream, preserves & fruit garnish.
A delightful array of English Sweet Treats
Dainty open-faced sandwiches to include;
Cucumber & Butter, Egg Salad with Paprika, Chicken Salad with Almond garnish, Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese
Served with an endless pot of tea for two or more.
Serves Two

Pooh - It's cool that you have such a close family. I wish we were like that, but sadly, we are not. I get along great with my brother which is kind of odd since he is 12 years older than me and we hardly had anything to do with each other when we were growing up. My sister is only 3 years older. She and I get along best when we are far apart form each other.

Time to get back to laundry and cleaning.
The tea looks good! Yes, family dynamics is a funny thing. My brother lives back east, but I could live in close proximity to him or my parents. Or my BIL, husbands brother. Since forever we’ve lived within a few blocks of brother in law. But I’d loose my mind if I had to live next to my MIL. Drove me crazy.

I’m now offering a 56 year old human male in addition to the cat. I’m in the middle of cleaning when he asks me when I am going to the grocery store. I’m not the one who invited people over tonight. Needless to say, he quickly wrote up a list and will be going sometime today. He is still sitting at the kitchen table. i guess I will just vacuum around him.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Gotta live your home life Charade. Yeah, my DH thinks I keep all the house in order and do all the errands and appointments in addition to working full time. Sigh. Why we wear more than one hat.

Sue, sounds like you are having a nice day, as for cooler feeling Schumi too.

Sun soaked today, as per weather lady on the news. Ah loving it. 92 tomorrow.

Survived dinner with the neighbors. The kids are 4.5 and 1.5 (and number 3 due in a couple of months) and are full of energy. Poor Caspian didn’t know what to do. He is not used to being around very small children. Neighbor’s mom was visiting, so she came over too. She was a great help with the children.
I plan on doing nothing for the rest of the evening,

Squeezing in here after quite a long but productive day. Kitchen got a long-overdue deep cleaning. Still a few spots that need more attention but i’m Happy enough with the results.

I always scrub the carpets. The mr refused to let me & manned the scrubber, saying i was still recouperating with my stitches looking a mite wonky. I may keep that man :). Think he was happy since I bought him a new cordless hedge trimmer but of the large volt type that matches his other Kolbot tools.

She ruined 2 of my tops dripping colour down my back. Don’t know how that happens with cape on. She’s the only one who manages that feat!
Been there, done that, usually when it is one your favorites. My last girl actually put a cut in a short a good 1-1/2 inches and never said a word. Discovered it when it got home. Thot it weird she didn’t mention it, I didn’t either. Managed to stitch it and still wear around the house as it is so comfy lol.
Keisha.....can`t imagine you with hair much shorter than I`ve seen you with....your length suits you…...and happy new do to you too today.....busy day for salons..
Oh, it was short as in Melanie Griffith in working girl back in the day haha

She wants to a razor cut next time, i haven’t trusted her with a pair of scissors so far. Will think on that. Never had that sort of cut.
Keishashadow and Charade how did your salon visits go? I talked to my hairdresser about my slight change to side swept bangs letting them grow out.
He was quite receptive to the idea and started talking technical things on what he could do lol. Anyway he said I don’t have to let the bangs grow all the way out, just a bit because I have face framing layers along the front.
Bangs do seem to take forever to grow out unless you do feather/bend them into hairline.

Running joke here is bangs = poor gal’s Botox lolololol. I grew mine when i saw the first wrinkle pop up. Not fooling anyone but i’m Used to them now.
When we plan on World of Colour night we make sure we have a mid day break. Then go back to the park in the evening. I can’t do park open to close
I’m not sure what we’re going to do. Was talked into staying @ great wolf. Even though on Harbor, it’s blocks away. I’ve never been that far away from DL. No idea how long it’s going to take to get from resort to DL via uber or if it’s worth it for us to take an afternoon break.

Anyone want a cat? I am very angry with mine right now. Last month i bought a cute shirt at the San Diego Zoo. I wore it today for the first time. Cat grabbed my sleeve with his claws and left 2 holes in it. >:(

Some kitty is in the dog house me thinks.

Yeah lazy saturday! Did get the house cleaned. Took one of those showers that feel so good after working up a sweat LOL. And definitely warmer today, but still not bad. The chickens had a great time digging new holes in the yard for dirt baths-usually they all try to lay in one spot. Ah well with as fast as grass grows DH won't notice for a while :rolleyes1 . And I did get 2 blue eggs today.
Did more research on france trip-desperately trying to keep myself from extending to 3 weeks...but I don't get paid if I don't work-the joys (and pitfalls) of being self employed/contractor.
DD talked to her 1/2 sister (the one staying at GF) to be sure she is ok with us coming along-yep! DD talked to DH about something - said he was in a good mood with his friends on the lake-told her to wait an hour til he has a couple beers in him then text about Disney :laughing:
he tea was really nice and a lot more food than I was expecting.
Wow that looks really nice! very cool!
Older one is feeling like Chinese,
We did that last night. Got extra "fried" rice-went to the place closest to house, not my favorite but will do. But their fried rice is add soy sauce to white rice-so tonight I did "my" fried rice with it-added the scrambled egg in peanut oil, veg, chicken, garlic, ginger, onion, and soy sauce. So much better.
My suvies are shirts, mugs or purses! But Mr has banned any more mugs lol. No more room lol.
Whaaat? Room and flights paid for? What are you waiting for girl? Book it ::yes::
Wouldn’t take me 2 secs!
Yeah I was told "no more mugs" too :rotfl2: The thing is I use my mugs every day-pick the mug based on the mood-lately its been my Haunted mansion wallpaper one ("Hurry back" on inside bottom) or Stranger things from HHN last night. But for past week its been all Disney-the HM one or the glowing ghosts one or Tinkerbell, or Vintage DCP alumni, or Star wars or "you are here "starbucks MK or my Jiminy Cricket one from my DCP (although I rarely use that one-it cannot be replaced).
Yeah I am getting the "Just do it" from lots of peeps. I am going-he just needs to think it is his idea....I usually have longer to work with!

Oh, and MonyK, nice you have those chickens like my neighbor has. Their eggs were light green, yellow, and pink shelled. It was always fun to see what color eggs they gave us.

Morning Sans family :wave:

Woke up at 2 am and couldn’t go back to sleep. So decided to read a little.

1FFBB8F0-2E25-499B-B897-13A0ED659DF5.jpeg

CADC0173-010D-4C4F-A2E8-7EC50BF47F1B.jpeg

Looked at calender and decided what other things I wanted to do at HHN. So will probably get those things booked this morning. If I counted right 54 days till first evening of HHN.

18FD7C29-BCE5-4444-B140-9D492B5800A9.jpeg

FAECDB56-1BF8-4BAC-A752-816A2E4BA72F.jpeg

D904AF9F-6EB5-4AB5-9BA2-A489ABD35AFA.gif

I have been patiently waiting for this day. It’s been a year since my back surgery. My Orlando trip was postponed a year. I didn’t know what my my restrictions would be. No lifting more than 50 pounds for the rest of my life and no skydiving for one more year. Otherwise....I AM CLEARED FOR COASTERS!!! Fusion achieved!

Congratulations agavegirl1. Have a great time planning all the fun things you want to do.

Adjust smaller?

It is a very minimal change in size.

Will try and get back to bed and hopefully sleep a few hours. Usually go to early church service. Will see.

Charade, glad you enjoyed the tea......I`ve only ever had Darjeeling once...ironically in NYC.

Lynne....glad you`re having some nice weather....it is lovely to be sitting around when it`s warm....nice countdown too!!!!

Keisha, glad you never did those carpets after all......yes, your DH is indeed a keeper...…..I`m laughing at the thought of my fringe covering the wrinkles......I never thought about that perk!!!! Oh that was a short style she had in that movie!!! I think I need to see a picture....lol...….have a great weekend......

Monyk...sounds like your August trip is falling into place......yes, DH is always exceptionally amenable when he`s had a few glasses of wine....lol....of course he`s always aware I`m plotting...….but goes along anyway......thank goodness!!!
We still have huge ToT and RnR coaster mugs we bought back in 2007....the ToT was bright red and now a little faded, we don't use them much as yes, we buy a lot of mugs too.....especially the HHN ones every year.....I have lots of cabinet space.....that`s my argument and I`ll stick to it!!!

Tom still has a mug/cup with two handles he bought from Disney in 1981....it`s white with the castle on the front.....still in perfect condition....he uses it to hold little items?????

Robo...….hope you got back to sleep this morning.....although you can be quite productive surprisingly during the night when you can`t sleep..... ::yes::

We have a warmish, but very dull day with exceptionally low cloud.....bit foggy.....been out for a few bits and bobs.....now no plans except to watch the German Grand Prix this afternoon.....

Definitely a quiet day...…..

Morning, everyone!

Mugs. 😂 I've never met one I didn't like! It's a very good thing we have an attached in-law suite is all I can say!

Charade, hope you enjoyed the tea.....it looked lovely!

Robo....hope you got back to sleep.....that's never fun.

Not much planned here today. We'll be at church this morning and then I've got to go for a pedicure.....put it off until I've hit HAVE to go stage. Heat is supposed to come rolling back in today.....yuck. No rain yet....but here it comes by mid-week. Oh yay.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Morning, with beautiful sunlight bursting through my bedroom window since daybreak. Another sun soaked day, so what on the agenda? Errands. At the request of little one, no animal viewing today, people watching instead with some shopping fun with the AC on.

Robo, oh no, hate that with a can’t get back to sleep night. Hope you finally did, and are still having dreams of happy things, sound asleep.

Pooh, hope you do get those nails done. I enjoy having my toenails done, thinking of doing it before the summer ends.

Schumi, enjoy watching the race. Seems you are finally having some cooler weather and yay for starting the Fall trip report. It will be nice if I get the chance to say hello before you leave. For the first time, I am staying at SF for a few nights, and so happy to hear, besides hearing of Robo’s enjoyment staying there, that you also do.

With that, tea needs to refill my empty cup.

May you all have a superb, super sized Sunday.

5BA95FA0-9688-4925-853A-C779750F91DC.jpeg ::yes::

Ack, older one is up, I hear his phone loudness from the hall bathroom half a floor down. Hey, he likes breakfast food. Maybe a quick breakfast out at the diner we like. If only quiet enough not to wake little one, as she is not a breakfast food fan, and would be annoyed. Later homies.

Good morning everyone. Up early today to go to church. I’m debating about letting B drive. She’s been taking more lessons and her instructor says she is doing well.

I read a very scary Facebook post last night. I’ve read posts similar to this before, but this is the first time it happened to someone I actually know. A girl that used to be in Girl Scouts with B (her former leader’s daughter) was driving to Roanoke yesterday to meet her new college roommate. About halfway there a guy in truck started following her. He followed her all the way to Target. She was too scared to get out of the car, so she called her roommate and made arrangements to meet somewhere else, then she called 911. The police met her at her new destination, but by that time the man had left. She says that her one regret is that she didn’t get his license plate number. Dh and I had a discussion with B about what to do if she ever finds herself in a situation like that,

Almost time to go. WIll check in later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter