Something About Nothing ... #12

Yum, Keisha, that would be fine breakfast for me. Nice you are going with GD. She does look happy though. LOL

Robo, hope you are enjoying these a few degree cooler overnights, and morning coffee. Sun has been out since daybreak, so 85 is the high. Nice weather for a lunchtime walk, for sure, with shades.

Lynne and Monyk and anyone else who wants to post pics directly from your iPhone or IPAD it appears the Dis new format is automatically rotating some pics side ways or upside down. Just go into your edit on the picture and adjust picture size then it should post upright for you.

Hope this helps.

Morning Lynne :wave2:

Yes, the cooler temps have been great. I have my HHN cup full of coffee and I’am enjoying a quiet start to the morning.
Hope you have a nice mug of tea. Glad to hear they have the air conditioning fixed at work.

Morning! killing some time before morning meeting. Looks to be a bit lighter day today for me. But this is the home where I always eat breakfast ( french toast and bacon today) and lunch (forgot to look at menu)
tink-congrats to your DD and hope the partner's treatments are successful!
I did find a great new bag and wallet at Coach and even found a new little crossbody bag. We had a great day.
Oh yeah that is a successful shopping trip! I have Coach purse and wallet I found at an outlet a few years ago-such good quality and it's a classic style.
Keep wearing the mouse t-shirts and the Mr will think it is his idea to make plans for a quick trip there.
LOL that is the idea!
I figured that it probably won’t get much better and ordered a set in hunter green
Nice find! Love bargains like that!
Free hotel room? That would convince me.
Right? and DD can find cheap flights through some student portal that discounts flights!
Charade what did you think of the Hyperspace overlay?
Is it there to stay at DL? I think the Paris Disney one is going back to regular SM before we get there.
Maybe wear the mouse ears! I don’t think men get the subliminal message, you need the sledge hammer!
Hmmm now that is an idea. I do have magic bands coming from our throwaway room for EEMH in September LOL
oh beer bread? Have never tried that one.......
Super simple and easy and gets fresh hot bread in 45 minutes (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and 12 ounces of beer-the stronger the beer the more flavor will come through, can add cheese and herbs or seasonings too)
And yay, hope you do get to visit the Mouse next month. When is that? Told little one new stuff at Mickey's Halloween, but she's not that interested,
If we go it is likely August 16-19th, possibly come home aug 20 as flights are wee bit cheaper. Would have to pay for room on Monday night though, but at $265/nt at GF I'd probably find a way to do that. And the 16th is first
Breakfast next to GDs orthodontist al fresco, because what better way to start her retainer installation day!
Nice! She is such a cutie!
Good start, next up Alexa, play Disney tunes
Man I wish I knew how to do that remotely. DH has the house wired and he can but I never bothered to learn. Alexa already controls the lights and I hate it. If the IT ever goes full Artificial intelligence she will hunt me down as I really dislike her :rotfl2:

ANd ms Lola spent the night on the deck again-didn't lock her in coop but just shut gate to keep them in side yard-she found a way up as I found "evidence" of a chicken this am! ugh don't know what I am going to do with her.

But nice again this am, bit more humid but 63* when I stepped out onto deck this am (luckily missing the "present" Lola left behind). Almost too cool in my shorts and tank I sleep in!

Time for actual work! Have a great day

Morning, homies!

Schumi....the world is upside down! LOL! You're in a heat wave and we had a record low this morning. The crisp dry air has been so welcome after the heavy heavy humidity we've had.

@RAPstar Andy, I LOVE the costume you picked!!! My family nickname is Pooh....always has been always will be...hence the screen name.

Should warm up nicely today and be another gorgeous day. Thinking I'll grill chicken this evening and have it on a salad......penance for stuffing myself yesterday.

Bought new perfume yesterday at Dillard's and really liking the way it smells now that I have it on.....don't remember the brand but the name of it is Fever. Who comes up with the name of this stuff?

Hope everyone has a lovely day. Peek around the corner.....Friday is looming! :flower1::flower1:

Image result for UK heatwave memes

Related image

Pooh you`re correct.....the world is upside down!!!!

It`s claiming to be 90F here today.....our garden temp is 103F!!!! We are hotter than Orlando today....saw on another site from someone who arrived in last few days...….

Thing is we are geared up for heat in Orlando...…over here Aircon just isn't a thing in homes......although if we do build our next home from scratch it will have aircon!!!!

Had lovely lunch with friend.....we sat out in the shade...we came inside to cool down....we went back out to cool down as a breeze appeared.....we came back in when breeze went...…..the fans were popular!!

Keisha......nice baked goods for breakfast!!! Love it......good luck with the dentist visit for GD......hope she`s not too uncomfortable.....

Monyk…..that sounds good! Will give it a bash when winter comes around.....I think Tom would like that. I hate Guinness with a passion, but cooking diced beef in a slow cooker then making a traditional steak and ale pie is delicious.....a real winter warmer dish from the UK...….

Robo……..yes, we won`t book a hotel now without aircon....although there are some beautiful old hotels that don't that I may make an exception for......but most places we stay, even older properties have it now. I can imagine how you felt over here then.....it`s not fun!!!

Lizard weather is very apt......even this lizard is retreating a little from it......

Although heatwave will be gone by Saturday.....rain all day forecast at the minute.....

Once friend left we did go back outside, little breeze now which is pleasant, but I can`t believe I`m saying this....it`s just too hot!!!! I miss aircon...…

But hope everyone else is having a lovely Thursday......

Monykalyn no the overlays aren’t permanent in DL for Space. But wish the Starwars one was. It was so cool. I haven’t seen the Halloween overlay one. Ghost Galaxy?
You need to set up a camera to see what those chickens are up to, esp The escape artist.

Schumi try to keep cool today!

Schumi......the heat sounds miserable to not have aircon! Like you said.....in Orlando you expect, but you can also get out of it and go straight to aircon whenever you want.

If we go it is likely August 16-19th, possibly come home aug 20 as flights are wee bit cheaper. Would have to pay for room on Monday night though, but at $265/nt at GF I'd probably find a way to do that. And the 16th is first

We will be at the Portfolio from 16 to 21 August. Thinking of doing that night fun at Typhoon Lagoon on the 17th. Would be nice if we could hook up somewhere, as we'll have a car. Oh, and we won't be arriving until late on the 16th. Cheaper flights when I first booked, and both coming and going changed by 1/2 hour and 20 minutes with both flight numbers also changed. The flight change in October is the one that I'm still highly annoyed at.

82, full sun, light breeze, oh was it so beautiful outside. Such a lovely stroll.

Oh, and first office had no AC, then because of the construction next to us, mice in the building, now, no lights on in more than 1/2 the office. At least I have a window, and desk lamps. It better be nicer in our new office, that we are to move later in the Fall. Ah, the joys of working. But with college kids, still thinking a decade or so, before retirement.

Last edited:
Looks like grandma has her girl hooked up with a yummy bakery breakfast.
As a grandma you can get away with that lol
Oh, and first office had no AC, then because of the construction next to us, mice in the building, now, no lights on in more than 1/2 the office. At least I have a window, and desk lamps. It better be nicer in our new office, that we are to move later in the Fall. Ah, the joys of working. But with college kids, still thinking a decade or so, before retirement.
Yikes, mice eeek

I have been patiently waiting for this day. It’s been a year since my back surgery. My Orlando trip was postponed a year. I didn’t know what my my restrictions would be. No lifting more than 50 pounds for the rest of my life and no skydiving for one more year. Otherwise....I AM CLEARED FOR COASTERS!!! Fusion achieved!

The year mark has now passed and, whew we all are glad for that agavegirl

You will have the bestest time ever at the darkside this year!

That’s awesome news Agavegirl! Celebrating for sure. Now you can relax and enjoy the countdown until you get to ride all those coasters. So nice you came back to let us know the good news.

Quick night check in. Going to try to get a decent night's sleep. I have a haircut in the morning and then have to take dh to his procedure tomorrow afternoon.

Lynne and Monyk and anyone else who wants to post pics directly from your iPhone or IPAD it appears the Dis new format is automatically rotating some pics side ways or upside down. Just go into your edit on the picture and adjust picture size then it should post upright for you.
Adjust smaller?

mice in the building
Nope! I would be out of there. We once had mice in our house in NC when they started grading the field behind us to start building a new subdivision. We had to call in professionals.

I have been patiently waiting for this day. It’s been a year since my back surgery. My Orlando trip was postponed a year. I didn’t know what my my restrictions would be. No lifting more than 50 pounds for the rest of my life and no skydiving for one more year. Otherwise....I AM CLEARED FOR COASTERS!!! Fusion achieved!
Congratulations! Do you have a trip planned soon?

Good night everyone.

Yeah, exterminator hired. I never saw any mice, but some of my coworkers did. You would have heard me, if I had seen one., Charade. So eww, is right Keisha, and yeah, I hope they got them all. And lights were back in mid afternoon.

Nice night, and getting ready for bed. Think all 4 of us are happy tomorrow is Friday. Long week, with all the office issues.

Have a restful, peaceful night wish to all the homies.

Thank you for the congratulations homies. I have been reluctant to post plans. For all I knew, it would be dining, kiddie rides and tours from October 18 thru November 2 in Orlando. We will be at WDW first concentrating on new stuff and Food and Wine including several specialty events followed by Portofino Club Level and HHN two nights. October 30 with a public RIP tour and October 31 with Express. DH insists that Halloween be celebrated around Halloween.

Thanks for your continued support and encouragement throughout the year and even before the surgery when all the “ cancelling” had to happen.

Let the serious happy planning begin!

I remember it well
It was a tough break for you but you had no other options but to cancel that trip.
And now you had the surgery and healing up nicely.

You have a lot to celebrate on your fall trip!
With you being healthy and released from your doctor to do the rides, you can have the most perfect vacation to Orlando this year.

I'm extrremely happy for you that you are healthy and making the fall trip!

Fabulous news!!!!

You`ve had quite the year.....but now time to celebrate and get back on those coasters!!!! yep, time to get planning!!!

We had a horrible night.....not one bit of air around. Unbelievably hot...I honestly don't know how anyone in the South manages without aircon...

Little cooler today high 80`s to low 90`s....then rain forecast later.....no grilling tonight then, but no cooking either......dinner will be a cold one.

Heading out for some bits this morning...….post office is one stop to send back sandals I ordered that weren't suitable.....then the deli and farm store.

I`ll be complaining tomorrow I miss the heat...…..

Have a great Friday...…..it`s the weekend!!!

A Good Morning Homies! May this Friday be fabulous.

An almost quick commute, darn car, pulled out on me, slow dude, that I followed for about a mile, then I knew he had to turn left, so he rode mostly to the right, then at the light, made the left from the right, straight lane. Ah, he was a city driver. I usually do not see another car in front of me, until I am a mile or two into the city. And dark enough near home, that my car again turned on the high beam lights. Lastly, a brisk enough 66 temp, that I almost wished I had worn a heavier blouse. Got no better, as I opened the office door, and a very cool breeze was felt. Hence, the sweater is not on my chair, and the AC is worming quite well.

Ooh, as I sit here with my tea, watching the horizon, a beautiful golden one, now has a huge ball of golden yellow above the horizon. Will be a nice day, with the heat and humidity still in check, with humidity in the 80's and temps to top out around 87. I'd say, the perfect Friday to take a lunchtime stroll, with hopefully, to warm up nicely.

With that, sending a cool breezes to Schumi, hope your rain brings the temps down to a respectable Summertime temp.

Like that TImberlake song in Trolls, "I got that sunshine in my pocket, Got that good soul in my feet" hey, it's a Friday, you know: 420150 ::yes::
Yeah, it's 420152 - so get up and dance, it's Friday!

420153 and 420154 ::yes::

More tea. Why yes I do. :coffee:

May you all find some joy to day. Dance. It's Friday! :music:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter