Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy Friday, homies!

Just came up after hitting the treadmill and getting coffee in me before I grab a shower. Mom isn't driving yet after she broke her thumb.....the cast is off but she's still in a brace with her left hand immobilized. Have to go to Sam's and a couple other places and I'm sure I'll take the old gal to lunch. :-)

Schumi, hope you stay cool today. Good luck finding sandals....I've ordered and returned three pair from Zappos.

Congratulations, @agavegirl1 Such awesome news after what I'm sure has been a harrowing year.

Lynne, if I didn't know better I'd swear we drive in the same areas!

Corey has plans this evening with friends so Tony and I are on our own for dinner.....think that's going to mean curry as Corey doesn't care for it. We'll have dinner and visit our wine store to restock the wine cooler. Not sure what we're going to do over the weekend but we're going to do something to take advantage of the lower humidity.

Have a great Friday!

Good Friday morning homies!
Hope all have a great weekend!

We had two days in a row with a reasonable temp of 88 as a high bit humidity was low
Going back to normal temps today and looks like heat and humidity is back with us again

Mr Mac went out of town and coming back this afternoon
I have plenty of time to tidy up the house and grocery shop.....

I take it easy when he is gone...haha

Nice you are back in your office building Lynne
Pooh, you are so good to your mother!
I’m sure you enjoy helping her out
Hope her thumb is much better each day

Schumi, hot weather is more fun and tolerable when you are on vacation

Is this rare for your temps being so high?

Maybe it is a sign to help you get ready for your September vacation?
Will you be in Orlando for your wedding anniversary?

The weekend countdown clock has begun
for the homies

Good morning. Haircut day. I want to do something different, but not sure what. I’d like to go shorter, but afraid it won’t look good with my chubby face.

Stylist is ready. Gotta go.

Good morning! It’s haircut day! Nothing drastic, just a trim. But thinking of changing it up a bit and go with a side-swept Bang/fringe. Dunno, will talk to him about it. Don’t know if it requires a different cut around face. Missing my Aquafit class. But I prefer having haircut in the morning.

Yesterday ordered DQ birthday cake for oldest dd, and younger DD’s boyfriend. Combined birthday.

Today will be 81 with 10% humidity.

Done a little more DL planning. Added on the World of Colour dessert party. DD was mentioning how she enjoyed it her last trip. I did too.

Schumi hope you have a better night, sounds like it’s cooling down. We had a cold dinner last night. Just didn’t feel like a hot meal. Guess at least you aren’t in France with temps into 40’s yikes.

Charade enjoy your haircut! Let us know what you decided, short or not!

Lynne sounds like a bit of a crazy commute this morning.

Poohls you’re up awfully early on that treadmill! Enjoy your curry! I was just reading a green curry recipe. Love curry.

Mac, yes I always take it easy when the Mr is away. Usually means getting take out dinner lol. Pizza since he doesn’t like it!

Friday woot
I have been patiently waiting for this day. It’s been a year since my back surgery. My Orlando trip was postponed a year. I didn’t know what my my restrictions would be. No lifting more than 50 pounds for the rest of my life and no skydiving for one more year. Otherwise....I AM CLEARED FOR COASTERS!!! Fusion achieved!
Yahooooo to you! Nice to read your surgery & recovery turned out so well, unfortunately not the norm among those I know.

Little cooler today high 80`s to low 90`s....then rain forecast later.....no grilling tonight then, but no cooking either......dinner will be a cold one.
That’s still hot, funny how after sweltering thru 100 degree weather 80-90’s is more palatable. Guess it is all relative when it comes to weather lol
Mom isn't driving yet after she broke her thumb.....the cast is off but she's still in a brace with her left hand immobilized. Have to go to Sam's and a couple other places and I'm sure I'll take the old gal to lunch. :-)
Wow that must’ve been some break! Off to SAMs with GD myself, may hit up JCPenney first. That $10 of $25 is burning a hole in my pocket.
Good morning. Haircut day.
I’m too chicken to go short. The mr nearly fainted when i went shoulder length a few years ago.
Good morning! It’s haircut day
I’m going today too! Giving new stylist a 2nd chance. Wanted highlights, last time came home with lowlights and a really dark toner it took a solid 3 weeks to try and strip out of my hair.
Yesterday ordered DQ birthday cake for oldest dd, and younger DD’s boyfriend. Combined birthday.
That’s why i’m Going to SAMS today. Try to give each adult son their own BD but couldn’t pin down a date earlier this month for eldest, so he & middle will be sharing on Sunday. Going to grill out, pool first in afternoon
Mac, yes I always take it easy when the Mr is away.
Sounds Iike a good plan. It just hit me that the only time the Mr has been the one ‘away’ was when he was in the hospital. I truly hate being alone in the house, especially at night.

Friday woot

Yahooooo to you! Nice to read your surgery & recovery turned out so well, unfortunately not the norm among those I know.

That’s still hot, funny how after sweltering thru 100 degree weather 80-90’s is more palatable. Guess it is all relative when it comes to weather lol

Wow that must’ve been some break! Off to SAMs with GD myself, may hit up JCPenney first. That $10 of $25 is burning a hole in my pocket.

I’m too chicken to go short. The mr nearly fainted when i went shoulder length a few years ago.

I’m going today too! Giving new stylist a 2nd chance. Wanted highlights, last time came home with lowlights and a really dark toner it took a solid 3 weeks to try and strip out of my hair.

That’s why i’m Going to SAMS today. Try to give each adult son their own BD but couldn’t pin down a date earlier this month for eldest, so he & middle will be sharing on Sunday. Going to grill out, pool first in afternoon

Sounds Iike a good plan. It just hit me that the only time the Mr has been the one ‘away’ was when he was in the hospital. I truly hate being alone in the house, especially at night.
Lol. Looks like we’re on the same schedule this weekend. I’m happy I don’t have to search for a new hairdresser. Been going to the same one for 20+ yrs. only problem is he’s the same age as me so at some point he’s going to retire. He has already cut down hours to 2 days a week. He’s the owner so he can set his own schedule. He doesn’t do colour though. He’s allergic so his wife does that, but I stopped going to her for my colour. She ruined 2 of my tops dripping colour down my back. Don’t know how that happens with cape on. She’s the only one who manages that feat! So I found a good colourist at a salon nearby who uses the brand I like, Goldwell.

I actually enjoy when Mr goes away on golf or ski weekends lol. I like some me time but after a couple of days I’m ready for him to be back home! I don’t enjoy the night being alone either.

Pooh.....hope you had a lovely time with your mother.....poor gal with her injury.....yes, but cooler today thankfully!! We love curry too...and Kyle hates it.....lol...so we have it when he is out or having something else......hot and spicy!!! Get yourself a wine room.....saves stocking up and you never run out ::yes::.....that's what we did. We turned what would have been called a pantry in the olden days.....into a wine room.....our friends named it the wine cellar.....it really isn't but they like to tease....

mac yes this is very unusual for us over here...….we very rarely reach the high 80`s never mid the high 90`s and beyond......and today it was so humid......but as always doesn't last long.....lol....it is easier to bear when you can wander in and out of aircon......lol.....

Yes, we have our wedding anniversary on the 5th...….but no special gifts or events planned for that this year.....told Tom the vacation is celebration enough for all three things…...hope your weather is bearable next few days......

Charade...hope you`re happy with the new do today...….

Sue, yes we`re not as bad as France, but we are getting their storms now! 35C was quite bad enough for us who aren't used to it over here....and hope you`re happy with the new haircut too....love a new do, always makes you feel good!!! Well.....usually......lol.....have a great day!!

Keisha.....can`t imagine you with hair much shorter than I`ve seen you with....your length suits you…...and happy new do to you too today.....busy day for salons......

I got used to Tom being away over the years......didn't mind "bed to myself" while he was away.….lol.....but much prefer him home and was glad a few years before he retired he didn't need to make those long flights away any more.....now I`d hate it!!!

The weather has changed.....guess summer is over now for us......lol.....we had horrible humidity this morning......hot!!! But thunder lightning and rain appeared this afternoon and now it`s cooling...…..from 103F yesterday to low 60`s tomorrow....no difference.

But, we should sleep much better tonight.....although the smell of dampness right now from the fields around us is quite ripe!!!! It`ll fade.....

No plans for the weekend......not one. Except bacon for breakfast......::yes::

Keishashadow and Charade how did your salon visits go? I talked to my hairdresser about my slight change to side swept bangs letting them grow out.
He was quite receptive to the idea and started talking technical things on what he could do lol. Anyway he said I don’t have to let the bangs grow all the way out, just a bit because I have face framing layers along the front.
I came out happy, treated myself to a Starbucks across the parking lot then took car thru wash.
On the way home stopped at Timmy’s for a veggie burger.
Now have to phone Blue Cross travel insurance. I just renewed my annual policy, came in the mail today and under Type said single :scratchin I think it’s just a typo but want to make sure it’s Annual. Not single trip.

Schumi the weather globally has gone nuts. Europe is burning up, and storms. We are cooler than usual.
I hope this doesn’t mean Florida will have an active hurricane season. I got trip interruption insurance just in case. They will pay for food and lodging if airports are closed and you can’t get out, until you can.

I think I left half of my hair on the salon floor. It was down around my shoulder blades, but now it is above my shoulders. The shorter length is making the curl stand out more too.

Dh survived his procedure. He was really nervous about the anesthesia. He hasn’t received any since he Has his wisdom teeth out in high school.

Good morning! It’s haircut day! Nothing drastic, just a trim. But thinking of changing it up a bit and go with a side-swept Bang/fringe. Dunno, will talk to him about it. Don’t know if it requires a different cut around face.
Did you change the style?

Done a little more DL planning. Added on the World of Colour dessert party. DD was mentioning how she enjoyed it her last trip. I did too.
I really wanted to see World of Color when we were there, but we were so exhausted that night we ended up leaving a bit early.
Off to SAMs with GD myself, may hit up JCPenney first. That $10 of $25 is burning a hole in my pocket.
I was just a JCP last night My big purchase - a mattress pad for B’s dorm bed.
I used to be like that, but since my hair grows so fast it really doesn’t bother me anymore.
The weather has changed.....guess summer is over now for us......lol.....we had horrible humidity this morning......hot!!! But thunder lightning and rain appeared this afternoon and now it`s cooling...…..from 103F yesterday to low 60`s tomorrow....no difference.
That’s quite a temperature drop. I would lone to see some mid-high 60s with no humidity.

I dozed off before finishing this post. I see Sue stopped in and answered my question.

Tonight I need to color my hair. I am starting to look like Cruella DeVille.

Charade yes small style change. I’m going with letting bangs grow out a bit and side sweep.
When we plan on World of Colour night we make sure we have a mid day break. Then go back to the park in the evening. I can’t do park open to close.
It’s really good. And Dessert Party is a fun way to see it. Sitting down at a table with a nice view. I’m glad we weren’t in the reserved viewing area below us. People were standing waiting for what seemed like 30-60 min then wham, the moment the show started up went the shoulder children :sad2: Ugh. So rude.

Friday night. Burgers for dinner, and just chilling. A great way to spend the evening.

Hope all who got the haircut liked it. I like my hair long enough to tie up. And I have followed the same hair lady each time she changed salons, since before I got married, so almost 30 years. She is about the same age as I. So I guess some day, I will have to find a younger one. But she know my style so well. I grew out my bangs years ago, and doubt I will rock bangs any time soon. I did have them about 10 years ago. When little one turned 13, she told me that I should let her grow her bangs out, not a child anymore. And I doubt little one wants bangs again either.

Ack, not anything good on the TV.

Have a lovely night all.

Yay for Friday!
And double yay to @agavegirl1 for trip planning mode again!
Still nice weather, but slowly getting warmer, and bit more humid. No rain for a while so sprinklers on in garden. Neighbors got a dozen eggs and sackful of tomatoes. they have two young kids-the little boy is precocious, and apparently bugged mom nonstop when I told him we now have chickens that lay blue eggs LOL! The little boy has come over to hang out with me and help out with the chickens before-adore him! Both Easter Eggers are now laying eggs.
Started watching this season Agents of Shield, but lost track so started over.
Pooh hope you had a good day with mom. Just me and the boy tonight for dinner-we did takeout Chinese. And he's now eating a giant bowl of cereal after devouring full meal 2 hours ago...

Need to schedule next hair visit as well-but depends on if DD and I do go to Disney in August-she's already got in contact with friends there to let her into parks...told her she should go even if I don't-know she misses her friends she made there, especially at CBR. But dang-i wanna go too! Got our magic bands for our one day at Disney in September, yeah I ordered the limited edition bands, but I love it! I got Figment and DD got Emperor new groove with "adore me" on it-actually suits her!
Yes, we have our wedding anniversary on the 5th.
Well happy anniversary a couple weeks early! August 5 is grandson's bday, Aug 2 is DH bday and our anniversary is Aug 7.
I hope this doesn’t mean Florida will have an active hurricane season. I got trip interruption insurance just in case. They will pay for food and lodging if airports are closed and you can’t get out, until you can.
Ugh I got trip insurance last year for HHN and our October cruise, but haven't yet this year...need to look at policy that covers travel overseas too JIC.

Took pics of the Atrium bar martini tasting menu from the cruise-had recipes for the martini's...sad to say I have all the ingredients for most of them-2 in and I am done. Otherwise I'll not only have August Disney flight booked, would have it extended for a week LOL!

DH ran to his Mom's at lake Ozark to look at a pontoon boat they are thinking of buying and now on way to Table Rock lake in opposite direction for his board retreat-so I get the bed to myself for whole weekend! No getting shook awake at 5 am when he turns over-and alarm not going off til 6!

Middle kid got the job she applied for and is at training tonight. One of the myriad chinese/korean places we have-her friend works there too. I can see lots of HHN souvenirs coming home again this year...

Anyone want a cat? I am very angry with mine right now. Last month i bought a cute shirt at the San Diego Zoo. I wore it today for the first time. Cat grabbed my sleeve with his claws and left 2 holes in it. >:(

Monykalyn you need to up your GF WDW game! Lol. I’d go with or without DH! Well it’s always without DH when it comes to theme parks for me! Thank goodness I have 2 daughters who love them, and a girlfriend or 2 as well!

Anyone want a cat? I am very angry with mine right now. Last month i bought a cute shirt at the San Diego Zoo. I wore it today for the first time. Cat grabbed my sleeve with his claws and left 2 holes in it. >:(
eek. My daughters cat shredded her fav scarf!

Charade I may trade you a cat for a chicken! Lola continues to insist she needs to roost on the deck! Bratty teen chicken! But seriously - can the shirt be patched from inside so holes not obvious? My souvenirs tend to be shirts or coffee mugs so understand the upset if one gets ruined.
Monykalyn you need to up your GF WDW game! Lol. I’d go with or without DH! Well it’s always without DH when it comes to theme parks for me! Thank goodness I have 2 daughters who love them, and a girlfriend or 2 as well!
Right? The room is paid for, DD is paying for plane tickets (she owes me for change of flight charges)-my expense my just be a MNSSHP and food:rolleyes1.

Ugh, woke up just after 2:00. I will probably be awake for a while. Later today I need to do laundry and clean the house. Dh has invited the next door neighbors over for dinner tonight. I think it’s just going to be the wife and 2 small children. The husband is in the National Guard and I believe he is away on an assignment right now.
Tomorrow afternoon B and I are joining some ladies from my Sunday School class for an English tea. We have a tea room downtown. I’ve never been there before. I hope it is authentic.

When we plan on World of Colour night we make sure we have a mid day break. Then go back to the park in the evening. I can’t do park open to close.
We should have done that. We were trying to cram in as much as possible since we were only there 2 days. I need to remember that I am not a kid anymore.

I grew out my bangs years ago, and doubt I will rock bangs any time soon. I did have them about 10 years ago. When little one turned 13, she told me that I should let her grow her bangs out, not a child anymore. And I doubt little one wants bangs again either.
Same here. I gave up bangs mainly because I didn’t like having to get them trimmed every few weeks.
But seriously - can the shirt be patched from inside so holes not obvious? My souvenirs tend to be shirts or coffee mugs so understand the upset if one gets ruined.
I’m not sure. I’ve never tried to patch clothes before. I was thinking about calling the zoo to see if they still had the shirts and just buying another one.

Going to check to see if there is anything to watch on TV. I should be getting sleepy again in another hour or so.

Sue and Charade.....yes, it`s wild weather for sure......big drop for us today.....65F and rain!! Glad you`re both happy with your hair......I wouldn't be without a fringe......I don't like foreheads very much and I have far too chunky a face to not have it...….but always think ladies who don't have fringes always look so good.....very stylish. Charade hope you got back to sleep....not fun missing out on sleep. And hope you enjoy your English Tea.....yes, hope it`s authentic.

Monyk, not till Sept 5th is the wedding anniversary...September is such a busy month for birthdays/anniversaries and so on....one of those months.....and August sounds busy with celebrations for your family too!!!! And your plans are in place for your trips.....and congrats to your DD getting her job.....hope she enjoys working there!!!

We had a much better sleep last night.....it was still hot but bearable.....then the thunder woke us all up.....boy was it loud!!! But, we have rain and it`s to rain all day and much cooler.....so got a load of housework done this morning......but it`s so dark!!!

Had a thought last night that the Berries and Bubbles Charity night might be better placed to have it around Christmas time.....so called the head of the committee and she agreed.....we can really glam it up as a double celebration evening...…we like to glam up at Christmas......Autumn charity evening will be something simple.....

Plan to start new trip report at some time today...….only 5 weeks till we go and cannot wait for HHN!!!!

Have a great Saturday all....…..

Morning, all!

Monyk, my brother and sis-in-law have 15 chickens and I love watching them....who knew chickens had personalities??

Haircuts....ugh. Remember last weeks ordeal when Corey had to take me to urgent care? Rather than dealing with that nonsense I should've been doing something important......like a hair appointment! I've used the same guy since we moved back here from Newport News in '13 and I'm too chicken to let someone else do it and he's booked until the end of next week. Darn gray hairs!

Had a great time with Mom yesterday. Not sure there's anything left at Sam's but the property is well stocked for the rest of the summer. My family, both of my brothers and their families and my parents live on approximately 30 acres. We all went together several years ago and remodeled a house that sat on the outer fringes of the property.....it's our hub. It has a huge kitchen with an attached and covered picnic shelter that we use daily in the summer in some fashion. Living this close with family members probably wouldn't work for everyone, but it works for us.

Schumi, too funny!! I JUST commented on one of your pics in the picture of the day thread and was thinking to myself that it was about time for you to get cracking on the new TR! :rotfl: Glad you had a cooler night for sleep....maybe tonight will be even better! Right now what we jokingly refer to as the wine cellar is an alcove in our kitchen. If we stay in this house (and right now that's a big if after Corey graduates) we're going to remodel and attach the main house with the in-law suite and a two-zone wine room is on the wish list!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'm off to shower and start rousing the rest of the family. Today is supposed to be the last of our break from the humidity....think we're going to drive towards the Smoky Mountains and find something to do for the day. Tomorrow we're back up to 87 and humidity and it only increases from there for the rest of the week.

118 days. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter