Something About Nothing ... #12

It is freezing today!

Long pants, hoodie and fluffy hat type of cold.........

We set off to go to the park for a couple of hours as we have plans this afternoon.........I am now back in Club Lounge where it’s warm......far too cold for me to wander around outside.

My guys have gone just do a couple of hours or until they’re too cold. It’s the wind that is making it worse....back to warmer weather tomorrow and then Friday is back to being really nice.......

So, will spend a couple of hours up here chatting and generally passing the time.

Have a great Wednesday.........

Carole having cold weather while on the Orlando vacation stinks

Hope your weather warms up soon

We have cold temps so I feel your pain
But mid 40’s here is better than snow and temps below 20 f

Princess I have trouble sleeping also
For last 25 years I took melatonin
Started at a low dose and now at 50 mg each night
My doctor ordered zolpidem for me to take as an alternative sleep medicine

Both help to get to sleep but it is not a long sleep for me
But any sleep is good for me

Bobbie, hope the kids had a nice evening seeing Charlie’s dad
Maybe with the time that has passed, it will be a pleasant time with him

Charade and Princess, somedays it would be easier to read our kids minds
and know what to do before they get older

Move them to Florida or wait a few years

But it never is too late to relocate and get adjusted to a new place
I think it is easier to move with kids before high school age or soon after they finish grade 12

Don’t wait until you retire to move south
When kids get grown and settled, they probably won’t follow you if you move then
If you decide to relocate, do it before they start college

Not sure who I missed this morning
When I use my phone I have to scroll back to read the thread

Did that earlier and listed everything thing I had already written out here to the homies and lost all I had written

If I have not mention you in this post, I still have you in my thoughts for a healthy happy day
(And without snow and cold weather...)

Very little chance of us actually moving back to FL. B is planning on attending college here and as long as dh works for the university her tuition is paid for. I’ll be fine just taking a few vacations to FL.

mac, I was thinking of you and Vicki when I saw Georgia on the weather map on tv last night........and then it showed Chicago weather........yep, I know you don’t miss that type of cold!!!

Going to be cold, wet and miserable when we get home next week, so will still enjoy the sunshine while we can......seeing blue skies is always nice.

My guys shouldn’t be long now........off out for lunch soon.........:thumbsup2

Cool, yeah. Bad word for most of us today, well that and cold and snow.

Well, older one was demanding, so most booked. Now deciding which airport and need to reserve the car. Yep, it is happening, just not this month. Next, though.

91387187-E837-429A-B82C-544418CDF3C9.jpeg 43211D98-4068-410E-BBC0-B3C3A7DF84BD.jpeg
Thank you AKV for the upgrade to a savannah studio. They had me at wart hogs:) I’m literally being drug off balcony each am lol

Wasn’t blown away by this year’s MVVCP. Lots of ugly behavior was on display of the me first variety. WWWD? Ha count his scheckles

Today mgm. Still mulling whether I want the march in from bus or driving

Really enjoyed SW!

GF gingerbread house didn’t disappoint But the decorations in MK seemed toned down this year.

Still lovely trip so far!

Oh yeah, and not to forget: A3AA7039-58C5-481F-8589-99CC353F5676.jpeg

Camel is here. Yep, I think Charade or Tink took this shot! LOL. Happy Hump Day homies. Yep, another Wednesday is up on us. Sad day for our country.

YaY! A live report from Keisha. A nice big woot! For the upgrade view score. Yeah, crowds just beg for people to not act civil. Enjoy that long parking lot walk at MGM. Was not fun, and I got mixed up and had to walk all the way back to the right bus lane.

Chilling with older one. Demands to see Harry too. Sigh. Lots of driving due to that demand. Oh well. I love road trips and Sun Pass is already in my backpack that I always travel with. Woot! Less than 2 months. What? Oh yes I did.

Nice pictures Janet.........where’s the vultures!!! :D

Congrats on a trip planned Lynne........fabulous news!

I’m sitting here swathed in the sunshine coming through the window in Lounge.........it’s hot.......:sunny: not looking forward to going outside!

Good morning :coffee:

I was all set to enjoy my 2 days off watching Christmas movies and whatever on TV....turned on my TV last night when I got home from work and no signal :headache: I tried all the usual fixes and still no signal :sad2: so I called Directv and we tried a few more things....still no signal :sad: luckily they had an opening today for a service call so instead of binge watching I'll be cleaning my living room and waiting for the repairman to show up between 4 and 8. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Just checked the cable under the deck and Jack had chewed it so a little wire was exposed...crap. ..hope they can repair it.

Now to clean up the mess on the deck so the repairman can get in to fix the cable.. if I didn't love dogs so much I would seriously consider rehomeing him.

Hope your day goes well :flower1:

The snow is gone. We are now waiting to see what will happen this weekend. Looks like we will get most of the snow on Sunday.

I checked the weather for Orlando. Chilly for Florida, but could be worse.

I often have trouble sleeping through the night I’m going to try a weighted blanket and see if it helps.

Thanks for the pictures Keisha. I would love to stay at the Animal Kingdom resort, but I’m too cheap to pay those prices.

Lynne - I remember the days of the Sun Pass. I used mine every day to and from work. Eleven years after moving away from Florida they sent me an email saying I owed them 50 cents. I wonder how much money they spent trying to track me down for that payment.

Tink - Hope you get that cable fixed soon.

Lunch break is over. I must get back to work.

Dinner last night was fun. One of the kids at our table was elected "mayor" of his club. He has ideas to move forward already-at 11 years old. Yep-kid is going somewhere. said his mom was 16 when she had him. Introduced him to our town's former mayor who is now a Sertoma member too.

Salad! taco salad at lunch today. My boy has been on a caesar salad kick too. Can still get fresh, local romaine though, from the small farms that have high tunnels and green houses.
Guess I need to go shopping for French toast supplies.
:rotfl::rotfl:right?? I seriously do need milk though. May go tonite. I get local milk from my favorite farm, but they sell in only a couple stores so I wait until after delivery day (Tuesday for the store I go to most often). I also bought some local eggs as my girls are still in their resting phase (free loaders again).

Thank you AKV for the upgrade to a savannah studio. They had me at wart hogs:) I’m literally being drug off balcony each am lol
COOL!!! I loved loved our stay at AKL in August-My AP had expired when we moved to AKL from Pop so I got to hang around more vs rushing to parks (other than a few hours helping DD move out from apartment). We had giraffes outside our balcony. If we were ever tempted to buy DVC it would be at AKL-even DH loved it.

Sun Pass is already in my backpack that I always travel with. Woot! Less than 2 months. What? Oh yes I did.
That reminds me I should probably start gathering stuff-including the sunpass, and make sure there is money on account. Yay to trip planning!! Were you not planning UO but just the mouse?

The child of our college friends starts her DCP in January. Friend is planning multiple trips already, but her hubs isn't into Disney like she is. She's mentioned us going together (She is going to get an AP)-told DH if I go then I'm getting another AP. He just sighed and said "I know".:laughing: They really want us to go with them in June, and other friends here are contemplating taking their 4 and 5 year old daughters too...Somehow I have become the "Disney planner"...Wonder what it takes to become a Disney travel agent???:rotfl2:

Nicer out today-mid to upper 40's, before bottom falls out tomorrow. Hope cold snap in Orlando is short lived! Although sunny spot in club lounge at UO sounds like a cozy spot!

Carole, if Tom and Kyle rode RRR and the Hulk, I bet they will say it was a fun ride but brrrrrrr...

Coaster riding in cold weather is not that much fun
Or I should say, not for me

Tink, well that suxs you were robbed of a two day tv binging
Make a large sign of Do Not Chew and put it under your deck so doggy won’t do that again
(Well, things like that works as well as cat herding)

We had dish the first year we moved in
Worse tv service ever
Wind blows hard or two drops of rain and we would lose signal
Second year we switched to cable and life is good for tv watching

Janet, so nice to see you pop in here
Your pictures are kewl
Great score on that upgrade
Btw, I still call that park mgm

Lynne, nice you have January trip set up for you and your boy
You’ll have a swell time doing the parks with him
Making hotel reservations a couple of months sometimes lands you good deals

Are you all better now and no longer sick?

Well, can’t see past this page I am on right now

If I missed you, I’ll ketchup with you later

Watching another Law and Order marathon

Now I see Monyk posted while I was typing

Looks like the wheels are spinning and she will share with us if her next Orlando trip
Always nice to make plans to do Orlando

I don’t have the sunpass but keep my Ipass up to date and have the auto renew on it
All I have to do is keep a $10 balance in it and it’s valid for where it can be used

Your weather beats mine right now
Had to do a shuttle run for Mr Mac (canoe day) and temps really dropped since 1:00 here
In the 30’s, ugh

Mac it will always be mgm to me. Driving over now. Not really feeling it

Carole on big camera card will try to remember to snap on camera. They are impressive

Woohoo Lynne. So where u going

Tale of 2 dining spots

French place CP pkg $100
130FF822-011D-4940-BF83-8F0B85BAC5F8.jpeg

Vs millers $12 with a buck more for Cesar salad upgrade

9A8847D8-D379-4AF0-87A5-2756C9824136.jpeg
It was delish! Sad tho how bad Disney’s food has slipped

Not a land Mouse, :sail: one, from Miami. Hence, the road trip detour to stop and visit Harry first. What a momma does for her kids. And hey, my AP Photo pass should still be active. Score. That and RPR will see me at least twice this year. Thinking of another Mouse and Harry visit for next :santa:. That plotting and scheming will be starting as the new year does.

Errands to run, and still have a sick kid. As long as not running a fever, I am a mean mom. Take some pills and tissues with ya to school, little one.

What did I see? A wee snowflake? ❄️ Boo. Though no wet stuff, white or clear, not predicted until later Sunday. Then it is roulette time. As long as the storm stays far enough out to sea, we get nada. A little more inland, and only the shore and Southern parts of our area. That better be all the storm goes. Fingers crossed. As would be a messy Monday morning commute. No thank you.

Very little sun, and on the mid 30’s out. Cool, and heavy cloud cover.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all.

And yeah, mouse food mostly eh, prices just keep rising. Thanks for the pictures and thoughts Keisha.

Nice pics keisha :thumbsup2

Got my sw drink tickets in the mail...thanks again.

Cable is all fixed :cool1: the technician put it inside a piece of PVC pipe I provided so hopefully it won't happen again.

I realized that the lower deck is in serious need of tearing down when my foot went thru the board at the bottom of the steps. We really don't need it anymore since we got rid of the pool and it would give the dogs more room to run around.

I've been enjoying Romaine lettuce for the past few months since I had 6 pots growing of 3 types of lettuce...sadly I'm out of luck now with the cold weather getting the last of it.

Congrats on the new trip plans Lynne and hope your sick kid feels better soon.

Supposed to be in the 20s tonight :cold: I'll have to let the dogs sleep in the house...wonder what Jack will chew up next...he already got my phone charger cord and my new bra today while the DirecTV guy was here.. somehow my bedroom door was open when I know I shut it ...maybe he can open doors now :scared1:

Yeah, Tink. I had chewers. After losing a couple pair of heels, I learned to put all behind closed doors. Yeah, kids learned too, as a stuffed animal or two lost its stuffings. Same with some tablecloths. My two labs were good chewers: somehow got the dry wall screws loose, then chewed holes, big ones, cord to vacuum, collars and leads, corners of tables (which stopped when hot pepper juice rubbed there). So I feel for ya with little Jack.

Carole, if Tom and Kyle rode RRR and the Hulk, I bet they will say it was a fun ride but brrrrrrr...

Coaster riding in cold weather is not that much fun
Or I should say, not for me

Tink, well that suxs you were robbed of a two day tv binging
Make a large sign of Do Not Chew and put it under your deck so doggy won’t do that again
(Well, things like that works as well as cat herding)

We had dish the first year we moved in
Worse tv service ever
Wind blows hard or two drops of rain and we would lose signal
Second year we switched to cable and life is good for tv watching

Janet, so nice to see you pop in here
Your pictures are kewl
Great score on that upgrade
Btw, I still call that park mgm

Lynne, nice you have January trip set up for you and your boy
You’ll have a swell time doing the parks with him
Making hotel reservations a couple of months sometimes lands you good deals

Are you all better now and no longer sick?

Well, can’t see past this page I am on right now

If I missed you, I’ll ketchup with you later

Watching another Law and Order marathon

They did IOA so enjoyed Hulk and Doom in the cold.......they loved it, but now Kyle isn’t feeling great.......typical isn’t it! Enjoy Law and order.........

Mac it will always be mgm to me. Driving over now. Not really feeling it

Carole on big camera card will try to remember to snap on camera. They are impressive

Woohoo Lynne. So where u going

Tale of 2 dining spots

French place CP pkg $100
View attachment 368520

Vs millers $12 with a buck more for Cesar salad upgrade

View attachment 368521
It was delish! Sad tho how bad Disney’s food has slipped

Yep......mgm to me too.....will never be anything else.........look forward to those pictures.......we were in Mount Dora this afternoon and we saw huge nasty looking birds and I asked if they were vultures........still don’t know......

Not a land Mouse, :sail: one, from Miami. Hence, the road trip detour to stop and visit Harry first. What a momma does for her kids. And hey, my AP Photo pass should still be active. Score. That and RPR will see me at least twice this year. Thinking of another Mouse and Harry visit for next :santa:. That plotting and scheming will be starting as the new year does.

Errands to run, and still have a sick kid. As long as not running a fever, I am a mean mom. Take some pills and tissues with ya to school, little one.

What did I see? A wee snowflake? ❄️ Boo. Though no wet stuff, white or clear, not predicted until later Sunday. Then it is roulette time. As long as the storm stays far enough out to sea, we get nada. A little more inland, and only the shore and Southern parts of our area. That better be all the storm goes. Fingers crossed. As would be a messy Monday morning commute. No thank you.

Very little sun, and on the mid 30’s out. Cool, and heavy cloud cover.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all.

And yeah, mouse food mostly eh, prices just keep rising. Thanks for the pictures and thoughts Keisha.

Cruise Lynne?? Sounds good.........

Nice pics keisha :thumbsup2

Got my sw drink tickets in the mail...thanks again.

Cable is all fixed :cool1: the technician put it inside a piece of PVC pipe I provided so hopefully it won't happen again.

I realized that the lower deck is in serious need of tearing down when my foot went thru the board at the bottom of the steps. We really don't need it anymore since we got rid of the pool and it would give the dogs more room to run around.

I've been enjoying Romaine lettuce for the past few months since I had 6 pots growing of 3 types of lettuce...sadly I'm out of luck now with the cold weather getting the last of it.

Congrats on the new trip plans Lynne and hope your sick kid feels better soon.

Supposed to be in the 20s tonight :cold: I'll have to let the dogs sleep in the house...wonder what Jack will chew up next...he already got my phone charger cord and my new bra today while the DirecTV guy was here.. somehow my bedroom door was open when I know I shut it ...maybe he can open doors now :scared1:

Glad you’re all sorted Vicki........and hope puppy doesn’t chew up too much........

They are still saying 6-12 inches on Sunday with some areas possibly getting up to 18. I said something to my boss about closing Monday. She started to give me her standard answer of “It’s supposed to be in the 40’s so the snow will melt.” I said if we got as much snow was predicted then the snow wouldn’t melt enough by Monday. She was shocked when I told her what the predictions were. I swear, the woman can tell you when a senator in Washington sneezes, but has no clue what is going on in the city she lives in.

Mac n cheese dinner tonite. Still had some bits of fancy cheeses left from thanksgiving . Kids said it was best ever, and now both are mad as I said probably not able to be replicated as I don’t follow recipe and measure! Probably the fontina cheese that did it.

Supposed to be in the 20s tonight :cold: I'll have to let the dogs sleep in the house...wonder what Jack will chew up next...he already got my phone charger cord and my new bra today while the DirecTV guy was here.. somehow my bedroom door was open when I know I shut it ...maybe he can open doors now
Oh Jack! I shouldn’t laugh but I can’t help it. Bet he looks at you with those sweet puppy eyes and all is (well mostly) forgiven. Our first lab was a chewer as a puppy - he would even carry rocks around. Our last lab had a strange aversion to chewing except for a very few select toys, and real beef bones.

Oooh a cruise Lynne? Still trying to convince DH on cruise to Cuba in June. Have the placeholder booked for when he changes his mind a month or two out:rotfl2:.

And now snow is expected during commute tomorrow am. No accumulation but the city freaks out with a rain drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter