Something About Nothing ... #12

gas price was at $1.97

:eek:

Best I can get is $2.33.

Welcome to NY! Home of the big taxes!! :headache: Our lowest price is a cash only station near me- $2.77!

All talk of you enjoying sun and fun, ah quick trip? Gotta check prices. Older one is done school this week, so he complains little one got trip without him, hmmm.

Go for it, Lynne!!!:thumbsup2

Patty - Get well wishes for your mom.

Thanks, Charade!:)

She got her first acceptance letter on Friday.

:cool1: Go Liv!!! Great news for you and DH,too!! Such a proud moment!

I don't know how you do it:sad2:

:laughing: Me neither! Well- it's all I've known and they are really good at keeping the streets cleared and salted here. If the Buffalo airport ever closes, you know it's the storm of the century!!

And.... we are lucky to have Southwest air with plenty of low cost, direct flights to Florida!!:thumbsup2

Happy Monday all!!

http-www.relatably.commmonday-memes1.jpg

Another quick drive by.........

Haven’t had a chance to read all posts.......but congrats to Liv bobbie.......she’ll do great wherever he ends up going!

So another baking hot day........86F just at lunch........we just had some little rainfall, on and off for half an hour so.........which was nice as we didn’t expect it to be this hot.....but not complaining......supposed to be a storm blowing in later, will check if parade is on tonight as normal before we head off. There is a lovely breeze though which is nice......Sun is back shining.

Parks seemed busier today than yesterday.......but, very manageable. We did Shrek first thing this morning.......there were 8 of us altogether watching it.......lol......there was a line when we came out.

Having an amazing time here........we are loving every second of being together as a family and being very spoiled and welcomed by the wonderful folks here.......so happy here.

Hope everyone is good.........

Oh forgot to say Janet.........the sofa bed was alright for one night, but we got the rollaway and it’s much better......ideal as we can still have the sofa bed for use as a sofa and the bed is out of the way during the day.....see you Friday........:thumbsup2

Hello all!
Why does Sunday go by so fast? Didn't do much. Tossed ham bone from freezer into crockpot along with seasonings and bag of beans. Good soup for freezing, windy day. Cold all this week then possibility of accumulating snow this weekend.:sad2:

Sounds like Schumi having fun!
Patty hope you mom is doing better!
Yay Mac! Will keep eye out for new home! Still calling dibs on one with bright sunshine that opens to beach...and waves...I'll bring the chickens so we can have fresh eggs daily along with the bacon.

Finally, since they are talking snow for this week-end,
images
::yes::
yes please somewhere else! And possible trip???

Liv was excited on Friday night :cool1:. She applied for 3 colleges so far on Wednesday. She got her first acceptance letter on Friday. It is for a private University about 30 minutes from my house. It has one of the best Forensic programs in the country. However, she would only be able to go for one year. Not sure if she wants to do that. She is waiting for her first choice of University of Central Florida to respond. She could go to this University for one year than transfer. This school is about $36,000 without room and board. She would live home. They did award her the Presidential scholarship (their highest merit based) for about $23,000. The outstanding balance is still crazy though.:eek: I know we won't get that kind of offers from state schools, private ones can do that. We will have to sift through everything. I think it is really hitting me just how much a college education is.:sad1:
Yay Liv!!! Yeah private school more money to give but still costs more! My oldest got $48k scholarship to Colorado school of Mines but out of state tuition would have cost 4x that. Still their graduates pretty much are guaranteed 6 figure salaries when they graduate. But it was more engineer focused vs what she really wanted in earth science/geology. UoArk Fayetteville is where she ended up and she's pretty happy there. MO has reciprocal agreements with neighboring states and several state schools-so she gets 90% in-state tuition.

Gas this am at Sams club $1.86. Hope it stays that way through the month!

Hi to all I may have missed-trying to sneak in some SANS time at work LOL

:wave: Sans Family.... I am able to post twice in one day:scared1: ...You better look out your window where ever you live it might be snowing:laughing:

Anyway thank you so much Sans Family for the congrats for Liv.:teeth::teeth::goodvibes...Yes we are so proud and happy for her.

This is going to be a tricky decision. We are moving to Florida June 2020 and that is where her top pick of school is. If she gets in we are going to look into on-line there for the first year so she can still be considered a full-time UCF student. This will help with financial aid for each year. If we can't and she has to be a transfer student then she can go to the college here for a year. She won't live in Florida on her own, and with her medical issues in addition to her Asperger's, I would not be comfortable anyway. We will see!!

I started some Christmas shopping :cool1:... I am one of the last minute on Christmas week to do it.

The three of them are off to band practice tonight, the concert is next Monday so I am home with the :cat:...A quick pasta and tuna tonight with garlic bread sticks is on the menu!

Hope everyone has a great dinner and nice evening:thumbsup2

Good evening everyone. Nothing much going on today.It was a gorgeous day today with temps near 60. Too bad I had to stay inside all day.

Last night we went to the Christmas program at the local mega church. I saw my dentist performing on stage. That was kind of weird. I actually didn’t recognize her. DH had to point her out to me. I only see her twice a year for about 5 minutes each time and she’s always wearing a mask.

Snow Ball coming up, pretty sure just a friends met up, and I'm waiting to see if we need a last minute dress. Sigh. Teens.
B’s school has a Sadie Hawkins dance coming up in January. She wants to find a date, but will probably just go with friends.

And, there's maybe even a wee pep in my step. We should have Wednesday as a leave day, and
And I managed to miss part of that quote. Enjoy your short week.

Finally, since they are talking snow for this week-end
Possibility of snow here too, and we have stuff planned all weekend.

Liv was excited on Friday night :cool1:. She applied for 3 colleges so far on Wednesday. She got her first acceptance letter on Friday.
Congrats to Liv.

I think it is really hitting me just how much a college education is.:sad1:
We are fortunate to get free tuition, but the housing is something awful. We could let B commute from home, but think living on campus will be better for her. She needs the independence.

Gas this am at Sams club $1.86. Hope it stays that way through the month!
Wow, I can’t remember when I’ve seen gas that low. It’s around 2.23 here right now.

We are moving to Florida June 2020
What part of FLorida?

Time to think about getting some sleep. DH has decided to watch some Monday Night Football. He slept through almost all of the game.

Your DH sounds like me tonight Charade. I nodded off during the first few minutes of The Good Doctor and missed the whole thing...woke up for the last few minutes so I was totally lost.

Now I'm wide awake when I want to sleep ...time for bedtime tea.

Yay for a short work week for Lynne. Thankfully, I get 2 days off after tomorrow then it's another 6 in a row before our trip.

Gas has gone down here too mac...I was surprised when I filled up for less than $30 this week.

Bobbie...it's my dream to move to Florida...congrats to Liv and hope she gets her UCF choice.

Monyk, your soup sounds delicious and perfect for those cold winter days ahead. When are you going to Orlando again?

Carole, glad you're enjoying your trip and I'm looking forward to the warm weather in 9 days. We had a brief warm spell the last few days but it's already back to 30s for lows.

Guess I'll try to get some sleep. Good night everyone...sweet dreams :cat:

Cooler out she said, weather lady said, you are going to feel it, it will be much cooler feeling out today. Yeah, yesterday's start was 52, today's, 39, and falling. Though, around 39 will end the work week, then 34 the high for the week-end. What? Yeah, I know, it's December, winter arrives, it's getting closer to Christmas, the year is ending..... Oh my gosh, time has just flown by.

Yep, MonyK, older one is trying for a mom and me trip, since does not go back to college until the middle of January. He's hoping for a cruise. I'm still looking at costs, and when. Was going to try for next week, but the airfare is not making me want to book. I'm good at keep looking, but hoping to find a yes, that will work.

With that, oops, made tacos last night. Beef ones. And as I was leaving work, asked little one if we had tomatoes and lettuce. We did not, so she went to the produce store for me, so all was ready when I got home. Seems since little one gets up with me, dinner by 4:30 is fine with her. I'm trying to chill at that time, just barely getting home. Or more often than not, after 5 due to my commuting time.

So, it's a Tuesday. You know what that means,
images
That's right, grab a taco or two, and enjoy some Taco Bell, if Mac goes there today.

Have a good one. I need tea, lots of tea.

And to go with tea and tacos, eat a cookie or two. upload_2018-12-4_6-53-25.jpeg :)

:coffee:

Taco Bell still advertising their rolled chicken so we will be there tonight

Mr Mac ♥️ that seasonal food

He whines when they end that yearly made food

It was 70 yesterday but not today!
But gas price dropped again last night
So all is still good in the world
Lol

Good afternoon Sans family:wave:...It is a sunny but cool day here today. We are going to be in the 30's all week:sad2:. The only plus side is more sunshine than clouds, rain or snow so that is a little better.

We switched our satellite provider to get a promotion for a year. We get a three month free movie trial (I will cancel it after) but there are a lot of 80's and 90's movies I am enjoying again:D. I did that last night while the three were at dress rehearsal for the band concert.

The teens are working tonight so it will be cutlets when they come home.

Charade and Tink Thank you and we are looking Orange County and Seminole County. We want to be close to Universal and UCF so they can commute. I am hoping to get a part time job at Universal in guest relations then go over to be a tour guide. I spoke with someone last time on how I should go about getting there. We have been wanting this for so long and we are so excited to finally be putting solid plans together :cool1:. We won't go till June 2020 but we will need this next year and a half to get the house together and look for one there. It is going to be tricky because I can't rent with the cats, so we have to time a sell and buy. I have family in Florida and one is a real estate agent so she will help guide us. This summer's trip is half play and half scout out neighborhoods. I have a lot of research to do. Brian is going to start looking at jobs in his field he should have no problems finding one. It's funny because we are going to buy a small shuttle bus and he is going to remodel it to fit cages to transport the cats safely and all at once. A lot to do but will be worth it.

Mac - Nice to see you post again and sound like your moving around more:thumbsup2...Enjoy the bell tonight!! We have one being built right down the street and I can see it being the high school hang out:laughing:

Lynne How nice to do a trip with your oldest. I hope you can find what you want for the right price!! Happy hunting:goodvibes

Patty :cool1: 9 days and counting .

Have a great day everyone:wave2:

Flurries today!!! What?? soooo coooollldddd. Had to go out for meeting. stopped for Steaknshake on way back-messed up my "everything" to a nothing burger. Oh well-means I eat less of it (they always **mess** you at the drive through-Leo Getz). Big storm still heading our way this weekend.

Tink-we will be in Jacksonville late 12/23-12/25 or 26-heading to Orlando either late the 25th or early 26th.

Bobbie I am threatening finding a job in Florida when we go-so done with cold.

Charade I am not sure I'd recognize my dentist either...

Mac-enjoy the TB.

Lynne hope you find those airfares to go "yes" to. Love taking trips with just one of the kids.

Thought we'd decided to skip the charity event tonight, DH doesn't remember that conversation. Oh well. I enjoy it (Christmas to Remember for the most under privileged kids from the 4 B&CG in town-dinner with them, trip through Santa candy shop, presents from santa complete with santa himself handing out the gifts-I love having the younger kids and first timers at our table as they usually get into a debate whether santa is "real" and if he is really gonna show up after dinner :)) I think we have something 3 out of 5 nights every week now until after Christmas...

Suppose I should get back to work now, lunch over...STay warm!

It's funny because we are going to buy a small shuttle bus and he is going to remodel it to fit cages to transport the cats safely and all at once. A lot to do but will be worth it.

That sounds great! I'll need one when if we move south!! Bobbie- you could make money by moving other pet families! That would have been great to move Kyle's cats to Ft. Lauderdale!:thumbsup2

Bobbie I am threatening finding a job in Florida when we go-so done with cold.

I'm with you! It's not even the cold- the SNOW- ick!!::yes::

Think we pay the equivalent of $8 a gallon......but gallons are slightly different sizes......hard to compare really but it’s still a huge difference.......we are so ripped off!

We still have never gone to Taco Bell........not sure I’d like it, but Tom would........maybe one day.......

Lazy day today........A friend met us in the RPR lobby and we went and shopped in the Christmas Store in IOA this morning........we got a lot!!! My trees are going to be so heavy laden! Then went to Mall at Millenia and Kyle got his Montblanc wallet he had ordered.........and Chocolate cake from Cheesecake Factory......nice relaxing day so far......

Macy Parade tonight and then dinner out somewhere........maybe Longhorn in LBV or Orlando Ale House on Kirkman......

80f right now but overcast so doesn’t feel oppressive........perfect for walking around in...........

Plan to do IOA tomorrow........think we’ve been more in Studios so far this visit........this trip hasn’t flown by at all......we’re only half way through but feel as if we’ve been here for ages!

Hope everyone’s good...........

That sounds great! I'll need one when if we move south!! Bobbie- you could make money by moving other pet families! That would have been great to move Kyle's cats to Ft. Lauderdale!:thumbsup2

LOL! Thanks for the idea! I never thought about it:rolleyes::thumbsup2

@Lynne G I'm making beef tacos right now. One of the few things kids all agree on. Three kids and they manage to always have 4 things they claim they would eat for dinner. None the same.

Long day today. DD8 was finally well enough to go back to school but still not 100%. I sent her up to her room to pick up and she was up there crying her eyes out because she doesn't want to grow up and each day she's getting older and older and DH and I are getting closer and closer to death. Oy child, 8 yo don't think like this. But she is my deep thinker. Future philosophy major.

Cold and misty today.

Found out a Disney-fanatic coworker is taking his family to Uni in 3 weeks. He asked for tips so I will send him here. His kids are at the HP age.

Taco Bell night for me
Had my usual beef supreme chalupa and nachos supreme minus the sour cream

And by eating out, my kitchen stayed clean

Hope all the homies are staying warm and having a relaxing evening

Btw, Georgia has joined ranks with most of you and is cold here

Not cold like pattyw has, but cold for the South

Happy Wednesday. I meant to post earlier tonight but dh and I started decorating the tree. So far we just put our Hallmark ornaments on. There are so many. I think I may have a problem.

I just ordered a few more things for B and dh. I’m almost finished with my shopping. It’s easy when you only have a few people to shop for.

Bobbie, several years ago when B was little, she tried to convince me that we needed to move to the Orlando area and I needed to get a job with Disney. I think dh would have actually considered the move if UCF had jobs available in his field.

MonyK - Our local Steak N Shake closed a few months ago. I usually like eating there, but the one in our town was awful.

It’s past midnight and I should get some sleep. Hello to Lynne. Macraven, Tink, Princess, Schumi, Patty, and everyone, else.

There is supposedly a chance of snow here tonight, but so far I haven’t seen anything.

Last edited:
Good morning Sans Family and Happy Hump Day:wave:...I hope everyone had a great night's sleep:), I know I did not! I have more of those than good ones these days:sad2:. I will keep up my search for a remedy.

Last night the cutlets were good but we ate so late. I waited for the teens to get home about 9 from work. I feel bad cause I know they like to eat together with us. The one big down fall is I find myself picking more cause I am so hungryo_O. I think on days like that I will eat half my dinner early then eat the other half with them.:scratchin

It is cold here today, first real big frost on my car windows:sad1:. This is where visual mediation helps of my warm place with lots of sun, heat and palm trees.:goodvibes.

Today Charlie and Liv are going to go out with Charlie's father for a visit. He has issues with his father over the years where we are concerned. I never know if it will be a nice visit for them or a rough one. Brian and I will be on our own for dinner. I was going to go to Chipotle I love their salads, but with the salad recall it is hard to get good ones. I don't like iceberg at all. Now what do we eat:scratchin.

Charade:laughing: It is never to late to look into it if you wanted too.:D I understand the ornament dilemma. I have so many from when we had a big tree before out furry friends. I have had to pick the non breakables and only a small amount of others. I do enjoy decorating the tree.

Mac your dinner sounded really good! I like Taco Bell once in awhile and I love their quesadillas. I hope the warm weather comes back for you soon.:thumbsup2 I will make home made tacos on Friday night:)

PrincessWithABlaster I totally understand about your daughter. Liv was like that for years with us. She too is a deep thinker. In fact once in awhile she still brings up about us dying and not wanting to lose us. It makes me sad for her. She is just starting her life I want her to not thin about that! I love your oy! Liv had a driving instructor (real nice guy) who use to always say to the teens Oy! chika or chiko in this loud heavy accent voice to get their attention. It was so funny! I find myself doing it at home. Glad your daughter is feeling better:goodvibes

Schumi sounds like such a nice trip so far, just what you wanted:thumbsup2 Your dinner choices sounded so good! I hope the weather stays warm enough for you:goodvibes

Monykalyn :rotfl:I love your reference to Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon 2 that is a favorite amongst my family when we get screwed in the drive thru!!! I hope you stay warm and your storm isn't to bad:thumbsup2

I hope everyone has a great day and stay warm or cool down:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Good morning Sans Family and Happy Hump Day:wave:...I hope everyone had a great night's sleep:), I know I did not! I have more of those than good ones these days:sad2:. I will keep up my search for a remedy.

Last night the cutlets were good but we ate so late. I waited for the teens to get home about 9 from work. I feel bad cause I know they like to eat together with us. The one big down fall is I find myself picking more cause I am so hungryo_O. I think on days like that I will eat half my dinner early then eat the other half with them.:scratchin

It is cold here today, first real big frost on my car windows:sad1:. This is where visual mediation helps of my warm place with lots of sun, heat and palm trees.:goodvibes.

Today Charlie and Liv are going to go out with Charlie's father for a visit. He has issues with his father over the years where we are concerned. I never know if it will be a nice visit for them or a rough one. Brian and I will be on our own for dinner. I was going to go to Chipotle I love their salads, but with the salad recall it is hard to get good ones. I don't like iceberg at all. Now what do we eat:scratchin.

Charade:laughing: It is never to late to look into it if you wanted too.:D I understand the ornament dilemma. I have so many from when we had a big tree before out furry friends. I have had to pick the non breakables and only a small amount of others. I do enjoy decorating the tree.

Mac your dinner sounded really good! I like Taco Bell once in awhile and I love their quesadillas. I hope the warm weather comes back for you soon.:thumbsup2 I will make home made tacos on Friday night:)

PrincessWithABlaster I totally understand about your daughter. Liv was like that for years with us. She too is a deep thinker. In fact once in awhile she still brings up about us dying and not wanting to lose us. It makes me sad for her. She is just starting her life I want her to not thin about that! I love your oy! Liv had a driving instructor (real nice guy) who use to always say to the teens Oy! chika or chiko in this loud heavy accent voice to get their attention. It was so funny! I find myself doing it at home. Glad your daughter is feeling better:goodvibes

Schumi sounds like such a nice trip so far, just what you wanted:thumbsup2 Your dinner choices sounded so good! I hope the weather stays warm enough for you:goodvibes

Monykalyn :rotfl:I love your reference to Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon 2 that is a favorite amongst my family when we get screwed in the drive thru!!! I hope you stay warm and your storm isn't to bad:thumbsup2

I hope everyone has a great day and stay warm or cool down:thumbsup2:goodvibes

I didn't sleep well either, Bobbie. I hope you can find something that helps. My mom has struggled with insomnia for years so I suspect I will end up down that path too.

I'm frustrated with the constant romaine recalls too. My kids are finally venturing into the world of truly adult food. The girls love Cesar salads now which is fantastic. Such an easy side. But they won't eat other types of salads yet so the recalls have put a damper on our salad eating.

How is Liv handling her teenage years? I worry that with DD8 thinking this way at 8, how is she going to be as a teenager. She just feels things deeply and being a teenager is hard to begin with. I hope the visit goes well for Charlie today.

Cold here (which could be my post every morning until May). I really don't want to go to work. I stayed up late to finish autograph books I promised the kids after last Disney trip ... In May. I at least wanted to get them by Christmas. I thought I was saving myself time and effort this year by suggesting that I would put together Shutterfly books after the trip with the autographs and pictures of the kids with the characters rather than create a custom autograph book before going. Turns out to be about the same amount of work. I just eliminated my deadline. :tongue: Which on the whole is probably ok. They'll make better souvenirs in the long run anyway.

Have a great day everyone.

We have snow. Well, it’s barely a dusting, but it is still falling in tiny flakes.

Bobbie, I’m not a big fan of lettuce of any kind. If I get a salad it is usually a spinach salad.

Snow prediction for this weekend are 6-12 inches. :eek: Guess I need to go shopping for French toast supplies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter