Something About Nothing..........#11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you're probably more recent than us since our last NCL cruise was on the Norway back in 1991 right after we got back from the first Gulf War! (Incidentally, they did give us Latitudes credit for that despite their policy that they don't give credit for cruises before 1995 so we'll get a free pin - woo!). It's a Western (Ocho Rios, Cayman, Cozumel) and we got another aft but not a huge wrap or anything like we've had on Carnival. Going back to Paradise Beach in Cozumel which I remember talking to you about in 2010 when Royce took Matt & GF on a Carnival cruise. Booked it just under a package special right now where you could pick either OBC, drinks or specialty meals. We decided to go with the drinks and just do one or two specialty. But when you add in the cost of Cirque (included in the UDP the first night) and two specialty restaurants, it was only $30pp to add it for the whole week and get 7 days of it instead of 2. Military/AARP rates were just like $30 cheaper and then you didn't get the drinks so money-wise it was a no-brainer!

Sorry to hear about your experience - as you know (like you!) the cabin choice is huge for us so I'd be pretty upset about that too! Apparently on NCL the drink package doesn't include specialty coffees (ie cappuccinos and espresso) but does include any alcoholic coffee drink - kind of funny that espresso isn't included but an espresso martini is! Since we're also not big coffee drinkers, this isn't a big deal to us either. I'll let you know how it goes! (Celebrity is one of the lines we've never done alone with HAL).

why yes, I have cruised NCL. it's been a while and on an older ship (Star, north to Alaska). The Epic is newer with so many decks & amenities, looks nice. So, an Eastern or Western & did u score resident, military or pack & cruise rate? inquiring minds need to know.:hyper2: Anyway, NCL is the one line I'd think twice before booking again:rolleyes1. I called to canceled an excursion the week prior to sale date. Something made me check the reservation before we sailed. the rep had cancelled the whole reservation!!! had booked thru a TA, it was a real mess to get it reinstated since line wouldn't talk to me since TA 'owned' the res. I was an unhappy camper to say the least. you know that nobody in their right mind would routinely cancel after final payment date. We lost 'the perfect' cabin but NCL did throw us a dinner & OBC. That said, the food in MDR was inedible:faint:a first, we aren't picky. we did enjoy all the specialty dining venues (the Italian place became a favorite) and an evening at the lido buffet (which turned out to be one of the better buffets we've experienced other than DCL). I'm thinking our experience was specific to that ship but have yet to give NCL another whirl. You should be fine with the specialty venues:). I was disappointed that getting over the flu last month, I wasn't able to do our 'free' drink pkg justice on Celebrity. it was really nice to have specialty coffee and fresh-squeezed OJ in the am. only thing that surprised me was that alcohol wasn't included in the French restaurant on the ship (celebrity summit) bit of a surprise when check came lol. Have fun & come back & let us know how it went.

On a final note, I'm not admitting to anything :blush: but just giving a warning. "If" you lend someone your Uni AP so they can use it only for the "After 4pm Express Pass" there is a chance that they'll be asked for ID and then have your AP confiscated at a ride. And then you have to go to Guest Services and plead ignorance and get a new one. Just saying. Not from personal experience or anything. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is good in all the snow all over the country! Let me know if anyone makes it down here and would like to meet up somewhere/sometime!

someone got busted........eh

Can we change the color scheme on this? Maybe I'm missing something..........wouldn't surprise me if I was.......

Going to have a fiddle around the site later today.....try and get an avatar and as damo said I can put tags back in I'll have a bash at that too..........goodness knows how it will end up but I'll have a go.......

Loved Dirty Dancing last night.......so much fun.......not got much of a voice left today after all the singing I did last night........got to feel for those around me!!!

Just got an sos call from my friend......she locked herself in the house with her keys already in her car in her bag......lol.........everyone else was out so she was stuck and thankfully we each have a key for each other's houses........she was late for work but works for herself luckily. Good deed for the day.

Too cold to go anywhere today........will just hibernate I think.

Cold here too Schumi. 12 when I walked the dog early this morning. Not much better, high is 20. So 12 degrees below freezing. At least you can clearly see the ice on the road and sidewalks. I was glad to see most of the rain and snow from yesterday gone. Thankful that our roads got enough salt to coat the cars and roads white.

That was nice of you to help your friend. Had to ask family to do that once.

Only ships I have been on have been DCL and RCL ships. We sailed the RCL ship so long ago, RCL sold that ship about 2 years ago to a Spanish company. Marciemi, I'd like to know how you did with the cruise when you get back. My kids are more for another cruise than me. I hope you have a great time.

Managed the avatar........and somehow got Dis Veteran back........can`t work out how to put anything underneath it????

Anyone help?

my ? mark is growing on me.....

Nope, need the cat back.

Managed the avatar........and somehow got Dis Veteran back........can`t work out how to put anything underneath it????

Anyone help?

You change it under personal details.

I can't seem to see my signature while using my iPhone but no issues from a computer. It's the same theme but cannot see it or anyone's even trip counters.

F06F1B18-E9D1-4813-8FB6-2E15697568B9.jpg

bluer, i have no downloads of cat pictures.
no downloads of anything so i'll stick with my ? mark as my picture.

and i lost post counts in the move to the new board system we have now....

Bluer...try turning your phone sideways it's what I have to do in order to see info and tickers.

Yay it's still me. And I got a Wii U. Any one on here play Smash Bros.? I'm faceleg24601 if you wanna add me!

i posted in the community board on a thread about wishing tags were back with us.

well, it is more of a begging thread to the tag fairy to give us back our tags.
i know we all want our REDHEAD tags back....

i copied part of my first post from over there and the tag fairy "liked me"
that means the tag fairy read my petition....

i'm gonna think positively and see if we can be redheads again.

it's one thing to lose my hula red headed gal, but to lose being the step kids of the dis was heartbreaking..

1. hooray.......

the red headed step children of the Dis are anxious also........

macraven, Today at 9:36 PMEditReport

#100+ QuoteReply
    The Tag Fairy likes this.

Page 5 of 6

i don't know how i did this as this wasn't the pic i planned for me.
was looking for a cat picture and stopped and thought about the tour i took and found this guy to pose with.......he was a surprise for our tour group that day.
if you know hhn and universal then you will know who HE is......

i always wear a chainsaw wolf shirt during HHN.....

Loving everyone's new avatars :flower:.........love Tink and damo's dogs too.......forgot to mention yesterday.

I think though the "like" button will send some posters elsewhere into overdrive to get the most likes.....:D

Ok, getting used to the site now and I think what they've done overall is good :thanks:........I like I can get on between 9 and 10 am our time, as it was always down for maintenance during that hour. Wish they had a purple color scheme though...........I would have that :rainbow:

Baltic here today......today and tomorrow we have to get a blast of cold straight from Russia...........may stay inside till its gone........

Have a fun Wednesday everyone :)

i posted in the community board on a thread about wishing tags were back with us.

well, it is more of a begging thread to the tag fairy to give us back our tags.
i know we all want our REDHEAD tags back....

i copied part of my first post from over there and the tag fairy "liked me"
that means the tag fairy read my petition....

i'm gonna think positively and see if we can be redheads again.

it's one thing to lose my hula red headed gal, but to lose being the step kids of the dis was heartbreaking..

1. hooray.......

the red headed step children of the Dis are anxious also........

macraven, Today at 9:36 PMEditReport

#100+ QuoteReply
    The Tag Fairy likes this.

Page 5 of 6

I would love a Proud Redhead tag, it suits me I think :P...........to go with my roodie doodie tag of course.........I will add a purple pretty please to go with it if it helps............and cake too.........:cake: :flower1:

Instead of I redhead I need a bald head tag. :wave:

Happy hump day everyone!!!

camel-smiley.gif

mac thanks for the heads' up on the thread. so who is that un-masked man from behind the scenes?
carole - every time I hit this page i get a fright from your 'honey' in avatar lol
camel-smiley.gif
I'm camel-jacking & going in search of my tags.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter