Some questions about Wilderness Lodge for my honeymoon

atg724

Earning My Ears
I have some questions about the room types. Does anyone know what happened to the honeymoon room? It's listed under 2001 rates but not 2002 rates. Also...this may sound dumb, but what is the standard room like as compared to the woods view room as compared to the courtyard view? Which is best and why? Any other pieces of information or advice about this resort would be helpful. We're going in June by the way.

Amy

Amy,

We just got back from WDW, and we've changed our honeymoon to WL. It's gorgeous! They do still have the honeymoon "suites", but I'm guessing that since there are only 4 of them, they just aren't listing them on the price lists for 2002. There was a note that said to call for suite prices, so you should be able to get them when you call. Guest services told us about them last week, and when I called CRO a couple of days ago, they had to get rates on the honeymoon suites from somewhere else. As far as the different views, from what we were told, the woods views tend to be on the back sides of the buildings, courtyard views on the front around the main courtyard. I think the rooms are basically the same, other than the views. It's all a matter of what you want to be looking at off your balcony I think :)

Hope this helps!

Amy, we LOVE the WL and have booked a honeymoon room there for our honeymoon in September :D .

In the past, we've always booked a woodsview room on the Magic Kingdom side. We've stayed in a couple where you could see the fireworks from the balcony! If you stay there, make sure to have dinnerat Artist Point. And leave room for the Berry Cobbler for dessert, it's out of this world!

Good Luck and congratulations.

We called a couple of months ago (I'm thinking October) with the intention of booking one of the honeymoon suites for our honeymoon this December. I was told at that time that since the suites are on the 7th floor they are now considered concierge and come with the concierge price-tag!! As much as I wanted to have a spa-tub to soak in I just couldn't convince myself it was worth it after the expense of a wedding. After doing some research we've opted for the Courtyard view b/c I heard it was particularly beautiful at night. I also read somewhere that some of the woods views let you see the MK fireworks if you are up high enough. So if you have your heart set on the honeymoon suite look to the concierge pricing to see how much it is.

Good luck.

The Honeymoon Rooms at the WL used to be the best value in terms of location and amenities, because it was a "little known secret." There were only four of these rooms, and they were on the concierge floor. They have huge beds and the best part: a jacuzzi! They are a private floor and the doors open overlooking the lobby. Two of the rooms face the MK, and two face the woods area. These rooms were <i>less</i> than concierge, but included concierge service.

Word must have gotten out, however, because as of 2002, the prices of these rooms now reflect their concierge service, and the cost has risen considerably. However, compared to the other Concierge Level Rooms at the Deluxe Resorts, and especially the Honeymoon Rooms, these rooms are still a huge bargain, being several hundred dollars less - AND they have a jacuzzi, which the others do not.

We stayed in the WL Honeymoon Room for our wedding night and two nights thereafter, and we loved it. These are wonderful rooms!

WL is a super resort. This last trip we stayed in RM 4037 which overlooked the courtyard and was a short walk to the elevator down to roaring forks and the pool.

It had a king size bed AND a bathtub (many king rooms are shower only).

It was a marvelous room.

Last night I got a quote from disney of 2600 for WL honeymoon room for my September honeymoon. The disney club will help drop the price down to 2100 bucks! Perfect for anyone after shelling out all that money on the wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter