Some Questions About The CP

Tigger113

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! I have a daughter who's a Sophmore in HS and she really loves Disney. We were talking this morning at breakfast about her working at Disney when she graduates. I was wondering do you have to be IN COLLEGE when you apply to Disney or can you just start out in the CP and take your credits elsewhere??

Maybe there's a link someone can give me that would answer all our questions???!

Thanks for your time and we will see you in December (If you are there!!).

There is a website for the CP- www.wdwcollegeprogram.com. However, you do have to be in college to be on the college program- hence the name college program. You can go down your first year however. I went down after only 1 semester (my parents weren't too happy at first. But they warmed up and I may be going on another one soon).

Thanks for reply and link! I realized you had to be college age, I just didn't know if you could actually apply and start your college at Disney and just transfer when you were done.

I did mine after only one semester of college too. It was cool and my parents were pretty cool with it. I ended up being one of the younger people down there compared to everybody I knew. I knew a dude on the college program that was in his fifties. Cool guy. Its a good program for people of all ages in the spectrum

I believe that you have to have at least one semester of college under your belt before you can do the program. That is one of the requirements. Also, the college your daughter attends may not offer credit for the program. My school won't allow me to use the regular disney college program for credit. However, the Professional Internships are another story. Some schools do and some don't. Hope that helps! Good Luck to her!

Jess

You have to have attended college for at least one semester. Or I would have gone when I graduated HS LoL. But tell her that as long as she is in good academic standing after her first semester she is elegable. She can even apply during her first semester. I know a lot of people that did that and they made it even though they didn't have a long academic career.

Best of luck to your DD!!!

~Snow White's Proteje princess:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter