Some convoluted room questions

msmama

DIS Veteran
All my son wanted was a trip to Legoland for his bday, and I've ended up planning a super convoluted trip!! And frankly, I think I've thought about this too much and nothing makes sense anymore so I've come to you folks...

My "family" of 3 has a package booked at POFQ - Easy and done!!

My Mother is joining us for the first half of the trip, she leaves and the inlaws join us for the 2nd half of the trip. At the moment I have ONE room (requested connecting but I know that's not certain) booked for them. They will most likely pass at the airport - the inlaws will move into the room my mom just vacated.

Did I make this way too complicated? I'm unable to make any changes on the website (my son is off school this week so I haven't been able to call with him around). Will this be an easy thing to figure out when I call or am I going to confuse CMs? Will this be a problem with Magic Express?

Would it be better to cancel the room only reservation and book them 2 separate packages (they were going to get their own tix but if a pkg would be easier I'll do that).

The reason it is under my name is because I booked it and will be paying for it (to rack up my disney points). But if I try to add inlaws the website thinks there are 3 people in the room and charges extra.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!!

OK, others may know better but here is my take:

For you to book their rooms, the deposit will have to be on your credit card (you may know this).

Option #1 book the room for mom as one ressie and have a second ressie for the in laws. Their names need to be on the ressie, and they will have to check themselves in.

Option #2 Book both rooms in your name, but list your mom as guest in one. Your in laws as guest in 2.

Hmmm...I think you need to call CRO and ask them the best way to do this. Your relatives will need admission media which is usually linked to room cards and is not transferrable. I'm not sure a package deal is in your best interest.

Maybe others will have a better idea????

Book your room in your name. Book the other room as room-only in your mom's name with your father-in-law as the other guest. Have her get both room keys and give his to you, and when she leaves give hers to you, too.

I would book them their own rooms OR if they do not charge for a 3rd adult in the room then you can list all 3 of them on one single room. The cost will be the same whether you do them together or separately. I think it would be less stressful for everyone if they each had their own reservation.

msmama said:
All my son wanted was a trip to Legoland for his bday, and I've ended up planning a super convoluted trip!! And frankly, I think I've thought about this too much and nothing makes sense anymore so I've come to you folks...

My "family" of 3 has a package booked at POFQ - Easy and done!!

My Mother is joining us for the first half of the trip, she leaves and the inlaws join us for the 2nd half of the trip. At the moment I have ONE room (requested connecting but I know that's not certain) booked for them. They will most likely pass at the airport - the inlaws will move into the room my mom just vacated.

Did I make this way too complicated? I'm unable to make any changes on the website (my son is off school this week so I haven't been able to call with him around). Will this be an easy thing to figure out when I call or am I going to confuse CMs? Will this be a problem with Magic Express?

Would it be better to cancel the room only reservation and book them 2 separate packages (they were going to get their own tix but if a pkg would be easier I'll do that).

The reason it is under my name is because I booked it and will be paying for it (to rack up my disney points). But if I try to add inlaws the website thinks there are 3 people in the room and charges extra.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!!

The only problem I see is if they all want to use ME to get back and forth to the airport...if the both want to use ME in both directions, then you are pretty much going to be stuck making a separate reservation for each. Otherwise, they won't be eligible for ME. KWIM? Hopefully, when you check in you can have them talk to the room assigner and have them explain the situation and they can set aside the room again for the your inlaws. Good Luck! That is a confusing one to try to Book!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter