Solution to Taken

frontiersweet said:
VMK Staff say that taken is nothing wrong but you cant go beyond taken as in having cyber :wave2:

Very true, I don't think taken is wrong.. but after 100 times in being asked if you are taken by the same person is just plain stupid if you ask me. This one dude came up and said... "I like you, but can you change your clothes to match that person over there?" i Off i went, lol

Now that I have a "car", guys keep trade window asking if I'm taken. What happened to walking up to the person and just typing it in? I don't have much stuff to trade (being new) so is it rude to just cancel a trade window without responding that I don't want to trade first? I started telling them "I have tree kids and could be your mummy". Apparently one thought I used vmk day care b/c he said ok, he would follow me around then. :sad2: I beamed myself out of there. It's extra rude when they don't even bother to say hi or what kind of games do you like to play (has never happened). How do they know they want you hanging out in their rooms? It's all about the aquisition. If it keeps up I think I'll add "taken for life" in my post. I'm sure 14 yr olds won't get it though, but they'll know not to ask.

There's always learning the hard way:

taken.jpg

I have a partner in real life so I just tell people that "I'm taken in real and I want to respect that." for the most part...it works. heck, even if I didn't have a partner I'd still say that I did. they don't know me! :rotfl:

Dashzap said:
Just make your character ugly.

LOL! She is right - One time I looked ugly and I walked around Town Square and Main Street and people dont ask me anymore! Of course I try to be a little funny and ask people if they are taken, but they run away! LOL. And nano, I do like your solution ;). :thumbsup2

LOL Yea, me and my friends all get together and dress our ugliest. Then we go to a boys meet girls room and ask ppl if they are taken, they turn us down. So then we put our normal clothes on and you cant move because there is a mob of people wanting to be with you!

FunkyMonkey said:
LOL! She is right - One time I looked ugly and I walked around Town Square and Main Street and people dont ask me anymore! Of course I try to be a little funny and ask people if they are taken, but they run away! LOL. And nano, I do like your solution ;). :thumbsup2

I watched my 7 year old nephew for the weekend and intorduced him to VMK. I have two computers so I figured we could make a character for him and I could monitor closely. He wanted to see Main Street so we were walking around there. Within 30 seconds, the girls were all over him! I thought the ladies had it bad when it came to taken, the boys get swarmed! We solved that by making him green with a really big face. No more "taken" after that! The funniest part was that these girls have no clue that they are falling all over a first grader! :crazy:

SassySavanah said:

Hmm it entertains you huh, so does that mean you like getting asked if your taken.. ROFL :lmao:

See I think it is stupid to just go up to someone and ask if they are taken, like who does that in real? but I think if you are friends first and more develops then taken is fine, like the vmk staff title it "special friends" :rotfl: I heart having a special friend, he's rad :)

How can I disagree with you? :)
I stand by my opinion that there is nothing wrong with being taken in a virtual world, its the real that can cause issues. In all my time playing vmk I have never just walked up to a girl and begged to be taken. Like Sassy says here, who does that in real, then omg why play that game on vmk? And making another character is not the answer....nor is reporting everyone that approaches you spewing "are you taken" from their lips. OMG just leave the room, ignore, or boot them. I have seen boys and girls both say "lets go make out"....yea like that can happen in that virtual world. Good grief! Having a special friend can be fun if you respect vmk values...... :love:

Tampa said:
There's always learning the hard way:

taken.jpg

Wow it looks to me like you were taken... lock, stock and barrel! rofl Dude, wheres your britches? Was that the result of a virtual divorce? rofl

SkippyPaul said:
Wow it looks to me like you were taken... lock, stock and barrel! rofl Dude, wheres your britches? Was that the result of a virtual divorce? rofl

:lmao: ROFL.....:lmao:

Sassy, im with you!And staff only approved of "Levels One-Three"
1.:Talking
2.:Hugging
3.:Saying "I <3 You"

other levels, they dont approve of...And i think they only allow the "i love you" part in case you know them in real life...which i know amny people who do.

my solution to taken is to keep my face on the glasses face. I've only been asked if I was taken twice and I've been on since the beginning of April. I guess the geek look isn't as in as everyone says. hehe

As much as I dislike "taken" and think it's silly...I'm kind of sad that my little character hasn't been asked if she's taken or not more often. I think my character is cute. Heh.

There was only one time that I recall, and it was this guy who just wanted my baseball hat and called me ugly when I said no. Then we proceeded to dance around him. Good times.

moikturtle said:
Then we proceeded to dance around him. Good times.
heck yeah! it's fun to enter a room and dance around a person :rotfl2: too bad you can't do that irl in LA lol i wonder if you could anywhere else.. that'd be fun.. leave house, see person on street, go to person on street, start to dance, dance in a circle around the person, get jumped :rotfl2: except in the place you could do it you'd only get a weird look or less lol

i'd go for the thing with the mule, but then i'd have to hook up my laptop, etc.................. it's easier just to say practically nothing when you enter a room. also try to keep your signature on only trade wishes bc if you talk about yourself, ppl might become interested with you. like i used to say i'm nice and i dance, but i was asked if i was taken a lot. now i only talk about things i wish i had and things i am trading. have only been asked if i was taken twice since then even though i'm a really cute looking girl!

It's kind of sad if you think about it.. I bet the only reason vmk staff hasn't blocked the word "taken" is because not as much people would want to play VMK. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!