Solo Trip Report November

sheilafri

DIS Veteran
Just returned from my first solo trip and I really enjoyed it. As a 60+ married woman I wanted to see how I felt about traveling alone. I stayed at the Dolphin as I knew I wanted to use EMH at MK. Day One, I got up early to get a BG for Remy but couldn’t get a LL for Frozen at my desired time as my hotel ressie wouldn’t link. I drove to the Dolphin, checked in and parked my car then used the boat to Epcot as I had Remy BG for early pm. I just made Soaring on Early Hours before the lines got outrageous. A few more rides, a lobster roll from F&W vendor and off to Remy. It does not disappoint! So much attention to detail. Back to hotel for a quick nap then off to HS for the evening. I felt like that was the way to go as it clears out in the evening. I was able to do ST twive, SR and ROTR in the last hour. I knew Day Two would follow the same plan. The main change was I paid for an individual LL for Frozen to free up some time. At HS I had ADR for Oga’s Canteen and spent much of the time there texting my DH. Day Three was for MK. I slept in and drove to the park as I knew I would worry about getting back to provided busses to return late at night. I bought Genie + as I wanted to try it out. LL were very short and definitely given priority. Standby lines usually moved steadily with a few exceptions. I think I would have been dissatisfied with the park experience without the EMH. G+ results were better later in the day although popular attractions did sell out—PP, SDMT. Disney Enchantment show was okay but not nearly as good as HEA. Fireworks mainly over the left hand side of the castle, no real story or creative use of the castle as a set, just a montage of clips set to unmemorable music. EMH we’re the real bonanza here. The first hour was still relatively busy with stragglers finishing up lines they entered before closing time. The second hour was really good so I chose to concentrate on Fantasyland and rode PP and SDMT twice each plus a few more rides thrown in. Very tired, I trekked back across a mostly deserted parking lot to my car. Bring back the trams already! Day Four: I set the alarm to get another Remy BG and went back to sleep. Checked out, put luggage in the car then went to Epcot on the boat for some exercise before my drive home. Had an early lunch of Chilaquiles and Bread Pudding with Mexican Chocolate Sauce (yum), went on Remy one last time and left for the drive home.

This was a great place to travel solo. I wouldn’t want to go everywhere alone, but WDW works for one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter