solo to mousefest 2008

I have been wanting to go to Mousefest AND do a solo trip. Maybe doing this will slowly get me ready for a solo trip!

I'm going too the night of Dec 11th......I'll be at Columbia Harbour House (upstairs) meeting up with some fellow MouseFesters @ around 4:30 before MVMCP. You are welcome to join us! :banana:
I may just crash your little gathering. I've about convinced myself to attend my first ever MVMCP.:santa:

I just about booked my flights Dec.10-Dec. 15th. Just trying to decide on the hotel!:wizard: :cheer2:

Friends and neghbors, I have been to every MouseFest so far (2003-2007), and all of them were solo trips. And yes, I will definitely be at MF2008, though I haven't booked hotel or air yet. I don't typically book till late summer/early fall.

I have been to all sorts of meets, from attractions to contests to meals, with members of at least a half-dozen Disney fan communities like this one. I've met new friends, met old online friends for the first time, and connect with a core group who go to MF every year.

I've stayed both on-site and off-site, I've had rental cars for 4 of the 5 trips (the one where I didn't was a nightmare of being stuck to the WDW bus schedule), and I've attended MVMCP 4 of the 5 years (skipped it last year and will skip it this year, too darn expensive and not enough included these days to make it worth the price, IMHO).

I've hosted meets, arranged PhotoPass shares, and happily acted as cheaufer to various non-driving friends.

The last two years I've been happy to see a lot more LGMHs than ever before, even though the DIS is not an official participant in MF, but so far I haven't been able to fit a DIS meet into my schedule. I hope this year will be different in that respect!

It's been my observation that the vast majority of MFers (as we call ourselves with tongue firmly planted in cheek) are singles and couples. They are either folks who leave the families at home to have some special time with online friends, or simgles like many of those in this thread, or empty-nesters whose children are on their own. MF is grown-up time, time to be yourself and enjoy the parks and the company of fellow Disneyphiles without constantly worrying about the kids. And there are lots of late nights at Pleasure Island and Jellyrolls (though no PI this year, dangit!)

But that's not to say that kids are unwelcome at MF - far from it. There are many kid-oriented meets, and plenty of kids activities at the MegaMouseMeet.

Let's try for a DIS meet this year . Thursday, 12/11 is the official MK day, and since it doesn't sound like anyone who has posted in this thread is going on the MouseFest cruise, most of us should be in town on Thursday for breakfast. How does a breakfast meet at an MK area restaurant like Kona or Chef Mickey's sound to everyone? We're already inside the 180-day window, but we should still be able to get an ADR if we book soon.

Let's try for a DIS meet this year . Thursday, 12/11 is the official MK day, and since it doesn't sound like anyone who has posted in this thread is going on the MouseFest cruise, most of us should be in town on Thursday for breakfast. How does a breakfast meet at an MK area restaurant like Kona or Chef Mickey's sound to everyone? We're already inside the 180-day window, but we should still be able to get an ADR if we book soon.

Sounds like a great idea to me! I'm game. This will be my first DISmeet & first MF.

I DID IT!!! I actually booked and I AM ON MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

:santa: Congrats on booking your trip!!! I can't wait....I am looking forward to my vacation and meeting a lot of new people!

I just ordered my MVMCP ticket for Dec. 11th! Can't wait to see what activites will be available to sign up for. Is this how it works ? I have been looking at the mousefest site and looked to see what happened last year.

I'm going to the MVMCP on the 11th also, maybe we could meet up at some time during the party. I'm doing a Keys to the Kingdom tour in the morning and planning on hitting the mousefest kick off at MK. This is sure to be a great trip!!

OK, step one is complete: Got time off from work...but not a lot of time.

I will have December 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15th off. Have to work on the 10th and 16th.

Next step: airfare. If I could find a redeye out on the 10th, then I would have all day on the 11th otherwise the 11th will be lost to travel.

This will be my first solo trip and first Mousefest.

I'm going to the MVMCP on the 11th also, maybe we could meet up at some time during the party. I'm doing a Keys to the Kingdom tour in the morning and planning on hitting the mousefest kick off at MK. This is sure to be a great trip!!

:thumbsup2

I've started a signup thread in the Meets room for the breakfast that I suggested on Dec 11. Anyone who might be interested should head over and sign up.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1881620

I didn't limit the meet to solos, or to MouseFest attendees - i figured I'd get more response that way.

Join me for breakfast!

I guess I should mention that I'll be at Mousefest this year. I'm tentatively planning for 12/10-12/16 at POP, with MVMCP on 12/11, but I haven't booked the trip yet. I'm still finalizing my trip at the end of August. :goodvibes

I'm considering going solo for Mousefest - or at least part of it - this year. A friend and I were going (12/6 - 12/13), but she just had to bail for health reasons. I have a prime AKV reservation and I hate to give it up. I'm a very outgoing person, but for some reason I'm on the fence about going to Mousefest alone. :confused3 I know that the Dis Podcast is going to do something with Mousefest this year, but I don't know when or what. I really want to catch them, but at this point, I leave on the 13th - the day of the major events. Darn it. :goodvibes

I'm afraid if I mention to my DH I am meeting alot of internet people at Disney - he might be afraid I'm heading to a spouse swap, sans him.

I'm considering going solo for Mousefest - or at least part of it - this year. A friend and I were going (12/6 - 12/13), but she just had to bail for health reasons. I have a prime AKV reservation and I hate to give it up. I'm a very outgoing person, but for some reason I'm on the fence about going to Mousefest alone. :confused3 I know that the Dis Podcast is going to do something with Mousefest this year, but I don't know when or what. I really want to catch them, but at this point, I leave on the 13th - the day of the major events. Darn it. :goodvibes

I'm afraid if I mention to my DH I am meeting alot of internet people at Disney - he might be afraid I'm heading to a spouse swap, sans him.

Try the trivia contest on Thursday, or the Expedition Everest meet on Friday. You could try the Stop, Drop and Roll meet at MGM on Friday afternoon. All of these are stand-alone meets in public places, cost nothing, and don't require advance registration. ANd they're all lots of fun.

Be sure to wear your LGMH.

Try the trivia contest on Thursday, or the Expedition Everest meet on Friday. You could try the Stop, Drop and Roll meet at MGM on Friday afternoon. All of these are stand-alone meets in public places, cost nothing, and don't require advance registration. ANd they're all lots of fun.

Be sure to wear your LGMH.

Hi WillCAD:

Where are you finding the list of events? I keep checking mousefest.org and don't see anything specifically talking about the events. I just signed up for the newsletter, but the link they [mousefest.org] provided isn't working. I would love to know what the event schedule is. Thanks for all your help. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter